• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pshaw. Alexander has some of the best music in the whole game. I prefer when Soken gets more eclectic than generic orchestral synth stuff, because that's just totally forgettable.

Forward and back and then forward and back and then go forward and back and then one step forward
Forward and back and then forward and back and then go forward and back and then one step forward

Fly higher and higher........ also I'm pretty sure it is put one foot forward not step.

aceface

Finished the relic today. This was by far the easiest of the "hard" steps. I was worried when they said it would be light but this was like nerfed light values for old relic. I did the last 4 runes with 2 hours of A1S on bonus.

Overall, the HW relic has been a lot more forgiving then the ARR one. I gave up on the original relic early on but none of the HW steps seemed really unfair or impossibly grindy. The worst part for me was getting the tomes for the Umbrite.

Omni

I really just have to eyeroll whenever I see people who haven't cleared 12s complain that the tier is too easy.

On that note, got our weekly clear before the maintenance. DRK weapon dropped and the DRG chest. Don't play DRG much but I got it for the glamour since no one else bothered. Also It's almost upsetting seeing the mount drop every week with no one needing it

There was a guy on my server that wanted to pay like 30 million gil to be run through actually. Though I imagine it would be a pain trying to teach inceptions and stuff in a reasonable time-frame to make it worth it

Vic_Viper

Cant remember, If I start a new job do I have to do all the MSQs again? No right?

And when Summoners que for dungeons, are they considered healers or DPS?
Edit: NVM, Scholar is the healer class. For some reason I thought there was a summoner healing in a dungeon the other day.

Qvoth

Cant remember, If I start a new job do I have to do all the MSQs again? No right?

Edit: NVM, Scholar is the healer class. For some reason I thought there was a summoner healing in a dungeon the other day.

smn/sch starts with arcanist which can pretty much act as a healer around that level, that's probably the reason

Vic_Viper

how do summoners keep their Carbuncle egi in late game if it changes into Garuda?

How does the egi glamor work other than jsut changing the color of the pet? Some people on reddit were saying you could glamor Garuda to a carbuncle but I didnt think thats how it worked.

Sorry, im still learning about the class as im thinking about trying it out.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Summoners have a healing spell. It's pretty useless. Only thing SMN's really need to do in regards to healing is have a Swiftcast + Resurrect macro ready to go.

As for the MSQ, no you don't need to do them over again, but there will be job quests every 5 levels to unlock new abilities.
how do summoners keep their Carbuncle egi in late game if it changes into Garuda?

Sorry, im still learning about the class as im thinking about trying it out.

The most recent patch introduced a Egi glamor system. You can glam any of your egis to appear as Carbuncle (and have 3 color options. Blue, Red, and Yellow). The quest is super fast to do, and available at the Arcanist guild (but I think you have to be level 50 or 60 first)

Vic_Viper

Summoners have a healing spell. It's pretty useless. Only thing SMN's really need to do in regards to healing is have a Swiftcast + Resurrect macro ready to go.

As for the MSQ, no you don't need to do them over again, but there will be job quests every 5 levels to unlock new abilities.

The most recent patch introduced a Egi glamor system. You can glam any of your egis to appear as Carbuncle (and have 3 color options. Blue, Red, and Yellow). The quest is super fast to do, and available at the Arcanist guild (but I think you have to be level 50 or 60 first)

Sick! Thanks!

Also where is this obsidian carbuncle people talk about? I guess alot of people wanted that as an option when they first talked about egi glamors.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Obsidian Carbuncle? Not familiar with that one. There's a NPC in a Heavensward area with a white one.

I assume more colors, and maybe more skins will be released as time goes on.

Vic_Viper

FFXIV-15.jpg

Anyone figure out where these gear sets drop or are from? Not that im close to getting them, but Id like to know what they were called atleast and when to look for them.

Vic_Viper

I'm going to try to unlock hunts tomorrow. I'm dreading going through Aurum Vale. I hear it is bad.

thats the only area ive had trouble finding the enimies I needed to kill on the hunting log. Ive been in there twice to try and both times I wasnt able to find them. I think they were called harriers. Might be they can only be found in the dungeon, not sure but havent really been worried about it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
thats the only area ive had trouble finding the enimies I needed to kill on the hunting log. Ive been in there twice to try and both times I wasnt able to find them. I think they were called harriers. Might be they can only be found in the dungeon, not sure but havent really been worried about it.
I used this site for all Hunting Log mobs and I don't remember ever having a problem.

Sooooo this is going to sound a little silly but I'm capped on scrips.... and I don't know what to buy all these weeks. I'm thinking about gearing my tank more but it has numerous alex pieces already and I am also thinking to get an augmented drk shire sword for my drk or the lance for my drg considering the WAR zurv axe is beast and the shire one is trash. What tank pieces should I be going for? I have zurvan weapons on every single one of my jobs except AST and blm which have the 270 relic... should I just skip the shire weapon?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thanks, I'll jump back in then.

Also, has the ramp up towards Stormblood been as exciting as the ramp up towards Heavensward?

It's been ok, but to me, most of the twists of HW happened in the base HW game, and large chunks of the patches felt like epilogue to me. While ARR's patches were pretty terrible, they ramped it up nicely with the Scions/Uldah stuff at the end, though HW did somewhat fumbled the landing of that storyline, but it nailed the Ishgard/Dragon part.

3.5 did ratchet up the ante some, with a nice ending.

Moaradin

The HW post game story has been amazing. Just as good, if not better than the base game. The big story patch leading up to Stormblood isn't out yet, so we don't know if it will be as crazy as 2.55 was.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow this game made me actually care about Minfillia.

In as much as her "death" affects your party. Matoya best granny.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Still torn on if I want to try and learn 11S and 12S just to say I beat a final tier of Alexander, still thinking about it
There's plenty of time to learn and clear those two floors before Stormblood comes out, if you can get a group for it.

It's been ok, but to me, most of the twists of HW happened in the base HW game, and large chunks of the patches felt like epilogue to me. While ARR's patches were pretty terrible, they ramped it up nicely with the Scions/Uldah stuff at the end, though HW did somewhat fumbled the landing of that storyline, but it nailed the Ishgard/Dragon part.

3.5 did ratchet up the ante some, with a nice ending.

It's a meme, not a comment on the quality
Oh, I've been away since July so that went over my head. I really enjoyed the conclusion 3.3, that was a good wrap up for the war. Can't wait to hop back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom