• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

Well.. it was sad to be called "a stupid retard" by a member named Laura Bailey during a trial against Garuda on Hard but the rest of these primal fights have been a blast so far. I love how they just throw them at you at the very beginning of level 50 and you can just go from there. I did them to unlock those class specific weapons. I have a couple of Extreme fights on my duty roster but I'm too nervous to try them out (probably not experienced enough even if it says level 50).

Qvoth

my brother's probably going to stop his sub until stormblood
he has a few weeks remaining on his auto renew sub, if he stops the sub now and starts again for stormblood, he will still have his remaining game time right? i think i've heard something like this

ebil

Speaking of Garuda HM, it seems like nobody can do this fight properly anymore these days. I still get it once or twice a week, and even when I put a waymark south and say "please bring her to the waymark" they keep tanking her inside the tornado in the middle, even after getting knocked back and losing a bunch of HP.

That being said:

Well.. it was sad to be called "a stupid retard" by a member named Laura Bailey during a trial against Garuda on Hard but the rest of these primal fights have been a blast so far. I love how they just throw them at you at the very beginning of level 50 and you can just go from there. I did them to unlock those class specific weapons. I have a couple of Extreme fights on my duty roster but I'm too nervous to try them out (probably not experienced enough even if it says level 50).
Calling anyone a stupid retard in an online game says more about them than it does of you.

That hamlet defense thing seems pretty cool.

I wonder if they're ever going to add that in again.
Running in circles around a tree for 25 minutes as a tank sure was fun gameplay.

Does anyone know why the number of days remaining on my subscription isn't displayed anymore on the character selection screen? It was displayed when I started playing last november, but it's not anymore. It was quite useful and I liked it being displayed.

dramatis

Does anyone know why the number of days remaining on my subscription isn't displayed anymore on the character selection screen? It was displayed when I started playing last november, but it's not anymore. It was quite useful and I liked it being displayed.
Might be a bug

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like throw away Nidhogg's eyes was a bad idea. Should've broken them.

Oh well I guess it's setup for Return to Dravania.

Eldren

"Mhmm, mhmm, oh ok, mm"
uOFfnKn.jpg

"I know some of these words"

B.K.

I did Ifrit Hard a while ago. It wasn't too bad. The worst part was in the final phase. I guess the other tank and I stunned it too much. We couldn't stop Explosion and I got caught up in it a couple times and got to about 600 HP. That was the worst part of that fight.

Anyone here play FFXIV using the Steam DS4 software?

Everything button wise is working fine, but no matter what I change regarding deadzone and whatnot, my right stick (camera) always has drift if I'm moving it. Like say if I want to zoom the camera all the way out, the camera will drift to the right.

yaffi

Speaking of Garuda HM, it seems like nobody can do this fight properly anymore these days. I still get it once or twice a week, and even when I put a waymark south and say "please bring her to the waymark" they keep tanking her inside the tornado in the middle, even after getting knocked back and losing a bunch of HP.

Bad players in FF14 are extra bad.

Meowster

That being said:

Calling anyone a stupid retard in an online game says more about them than it does of you.

Running in circles around a tree for 25 minutes as a tank sure was fun gameplay.
I had a fun time but there's a lot of responsibility as a tank that makes me extra nervous whenever I start a duty. I try to read up in advance or ask for general advice before we advance. So many of these second tanks are so overleveled compared to me that I can't take the aggro off of them and just have to do my best to keep it going. But I haven't had any issues and haven't died against any of the hard primals except Garuda - which was my bad but I corrected my errors in the second time. Just did the Leviathan HM and it was easy but a fun spectacle.

Qvoth

my brother's probably going to stop his sub until stormblood
he has a few weeks remaining on his auto renew sub, if he stops the sub now and starts again for stormblood, he will still have his remaining game time right? i think i've heard something like this

can someone confirm this? :<

Ixian

can someone confirm this? :<
When people say you have your remaining game time, they probably mean when you cancel your sub you still have access until the remaining days tick down (a few services I've used will instantly revoke access to your account if you cancel, but I haven't seen that happen with an MMO).

Critical Elk

Neo Member
It boosts damage? I thought the 20% was just for healing but I guess it could be good if you're at some part of the fight where you don't need the faerie healing anything.

Dissipation is +20% healing potency and an additional three aetherflow stacks, so it's sort of like a 450 potency attack if you spend all the stacks on energy drain.

Eldren

Is the Valentione's Day event just that one quest or is new stuff added daily for the duration of the event?

There's only one quest but if you choose the same person 3 times you get extra dialogue at the end so it's worth doing the whole thing 3 times. You can also buy an Orchestrion roll and the cupid minion from the vendor to the left of that Hortefense guy. I think that's it for this year though.

Is there a way to only subscribe for one month? So far, I had to input my credit card to pay for one month, and then unassociate the credit card from my account. That's not very elegant.

Is there a way to only subscribe for one month? So far, I had to input my credit card to pay for one month, and then unassociate the credit card from my account. That's not very elegant.

Change the payment method to Crysta and then load it with enough crysta to cover for a month. If there is not enough in it for the next month, then it won't resub you until you chose to.

Pachimari

Change the payment method to Crysta and then load it with enough crysta to cover for a month. If there is not enough in it for the next month, then it won't resub you until you chose to.

You can also subscribe for 1 month only with credit card without having to cancel, it does so itself.

Add Subscription > Choose Standard, 30 days and your credit card, and then click Next.

I never unassociate my credit card.

Qvoth

just fyi but sub price per month actually reduces the more time you sub, with 6 months sub essentially the cheapest

How do you get as far as Gubal Library and not understand the basic, telegraphed mechanics of the Demon Tome even after we die 3 times and I explicitly explain them to you to the point that the game forces us to vote if we want to stay in it or not, which of course everyone votes to leave.

I'd really like to get my DRK to 60 today, please.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just spam palace of the dead and ignore those bads.

ViciousDS

Banned
Hey GAF starting back up. Have bards been made fun again since the launch of 3.0? I absolutely hated what they did to then with WM.

Also is Gilgamesh still the go to server for population and end game? If so guess I'll have to wake up at 3 in the morning to make a character there.

Is Kag and everyone still on Ultros?

Fauve

Hey GAF starting back up. Have bards been made fun again since the launch of 3.0? I absolutely hated what they did to then with WM.

Also is Gilgamesh still the go to server for population and end game? If so guess I'll have to wake up at 3 in the morning to make a character there.

Is Kag and everyone still on Ultros?

I can't speak much for Bard as I've never touched it, but the new cross-realm party finder should make participating in end game activities easier on lower pop servers.

B.K.

How do people keep up with all the boss gimmicks in the game? Every boss is complicated. Does everyone just keep a wiki up on a second monitor?

ViciousDS

Banned
I can't speak much for Bard as I've never touched it, but the new cross-realm party finder should make participating in end game activities easier on lower pop servers.

Oh snap, cross realm party finder? Baller!!!

How do people keep up with all the boss gimmicks in the game? Every boss is complicated. Does everyone just keep a wiki up on a second monitor?

I do lol, have my phone handy all the time with the wiki up

B.K.

I just want to say right now that I hate cannons. I just did Stone Vigil Hard and we died on the turtle boss three times because another guy and I couldn't figure out the cannons. I finally figured it out at the end of the second try. They aren't intuitive at all. They go against everything I've seen in the game so far. I'm used to every ability going off as soon as I click it. It took two fights to figure out I had to select the ability, place the cursor, and click the confirm button. I expected it to fire as soon as I placed the cursor and clicked the ability button again.

There are videos you can watch for EXTREME fights.

I've been watching MTQCapture videos on Youtube for hard stuff that I'm about to do and I keep wikis open on another monitor. FFXI and XIV make me glad to have two monitors. I don't know what I would do without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom