• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess Who

Banned
Even then it probably won't be much more than a smoother framerate and whatnot.

I don't expect a better framerate. The framerate drops on the PS4 version are primarily caused by a high player count, which is primarily CPU-limited, not GPU. PS4 Pro won't help a lot. Well, there's an asterisk on that: the "high" graphics mode added to the PS4 version a few patches back does hurt the framerate on the original PS4. I'd expect that to be solved by PS4 Pro. They'll probably also do a "4K" mode of some kind.

Meowster

Finally made it to level 50. That last three level stretch was a little rough but I got some friends to play with me and did some duties as well as grind in Northern Thanalan. Now it is time to beat the main storyline of ARR and start playing Heavensward once I get through all the post-story patches. Fun times await!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't expect a better framerate. The framerate drops on the PS4 version are primarily caused by a high player count, which is primarily CPU-limited, not GPU. PS4 Pro won't help a lot. Well, there's an asterisk on that: the "high" graphics mode added to the PS4 version a few patches back does hurt the framerate on the original PS4. I'd expect that to be solved by PS4 Pro. They'll probably also do a "4K" mode of some kind.

I only have a 720p TV, so I'd love to use the lower graphics option, but there's certain things (specifically nameplates) that are too big and can't be resized in that mode. So I stick with Full HD mode. =/

It's good that they're looking at making changes to old skills to make combat better but they're really forgetting what it really needs right now.

And that's cut-ins for Limit Breaks. Preferably with dialogue too ending with your character yelling out the name of the attack and an awesome end pose.

They could also implement attack name call outs whenever you use a skill.

wamberz1

Just finished Sophia Ex. Fun-wise that was probably my favorite of heavensward so far. Having to figure out which side weighed more, and which clones to stand under/behind, was really challenging and fun.

Half way through the run when I realized I could use shoulder tackle to cheat I was like 0_0

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it wrong to ship Emmanellian/Honoroit?

5PgeuoX.gif

Meowster

That was terrible.

I decide to watch the cutscenes because, you know, it's the ending and I miss every boss fight in the final dungeon of ARR's main storyline? What a bummer.

Moaradin

That was terrible.

I decide to watch the cutscenes because, you know, it's the ending and I miss every boss fight in the final dungeon of ARR's main storyline? What a bummer.

Yeah, that sucks. You won't get a good experience in that story dungeon unless you make a group to watch cutscenes. Luckily, they learned from that and no longer put tons of cutscenes in the middle of dungeons anymore.

Omni

That was terrible.

If it makes you feel any better, the bosses in those dungeons literally consist of standing there burning for 30 seconds.

Yeah, that sucks. You won't get a good experience in that story dungeon unless you make a group to watch cutscenes. Luckily, they learned from that and no longer put tons of cutscenes in the middle of dungeons anymore.

I was always a little disappointed by how they learned that since the mid dungeon cutscenes were pretty good. Now story is forced to be at the start or end of a place. Of course I can see why the change was needed but doesn't make me like it.

My first time through the praetorium I got left behind not because I watched the ctuscenes, but because I didn't know you had to click on the computer terminal to be able to use the magitek armor. >_>

Squishy3

That would be nice for Pro users, the framerate in certain situations is terrible on PS4, glad I just got the PC version. :p

Well yeah, any situations like S ranks or Odin and 72 man Feast will always be terrible, but whatever performance issues were added when they put in some of the DX11 stuff in raids/etc. should be better.

Guess Who

Banned
Well yeah, any situations like S ranks or Odin and 72 man Feast will always be terrible, but whatever performance issues were added when they put in some of the DX11 stuff in raids/etc. should be better.

I just turn off the DX11 stuff (changing draw quality from "high" to "normal") because half of the parallax occlusion stuff looks like shit anyway, tbh

Moaradin

I was always a little disappointed by how they learned that since the mid dungeon cutscenes were pretty good. Now story is forced to be at the start or end of a place. Of course I can see why the change was needed but doesn't make me like it.

Not sure how else they could handle it. I guess they could make mandatory cutscenes but a lot of people won't be happy with that if it's part of the duty roulettes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not sure how else they could handle it. I guess they could make mandatory cutscenes but a lot of people won't be happy with that if it's part of the duty roulettes.

Picture in Picture

Squishy3

I just turn off the DX11 stuff (changing draw quality from "high" to "normal") because half of the parallax occlusion stuff looks like shit anyway, tbh
I actually like how it looks in DX11 but can't use it because it caues 4-5 minute hangs on loading screens seemingly randomly.

Saw my first Zurvan bird drop today...

Lotted a 7.

The Zurvan bird is easily the most annoying bird to farm. I just got ridiculously lucky and rolled a 97 on my 56th clear right before going to work too so I was incredibly shocked. However, I've lost the bird 6 times prior to getting it with single and shit double digits. The idiots in pf easily made it the worst fight ever and the worst farms ever too. MUST HAVE A12s clear and be max percentile on fflogs.... lol ok guy

Was bored so took some screens. I saw some awesome screenshots on reddit, it seems like you need that Reshade thing to get decent screens since the game kind of looks washed out by default.

Cpe8QPC.jpg

R4wgsek.jpg

Might fiddle with the gpose command tomorrow too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, I guess a good way to encourage players to hunt down Aether Currents is to make the area they're in the biggest god damn pain in the ass to traverse on foot possible.

I hate Western Coerthas so, so much.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Do we get two new dungeons with the second half of the patch or is this it until June? Not a big fan of the 2 we got.

ebil

Do we get two new dungeons with the second half of the patch or is this it until June? Not a big fan of the 2 we got.
I very much doubt it. At most we'll get a trial on top of Proto-Ultima. There's also Diadem 2.0 to look forward to, maybe?

wamberz1

Soph EX cleared on Warrior.

Might try Zurvan tonight but I'll probably have to use Dark Knight since that's the only job I have a 260 weapon on.

Wait, you need a 260 weapon to do zurvan?

Was planning on attempting it with kinna so I don't have to waist all that scripture that's just going to go down the toilet when I get my zurvan wep anyways -_-

ebil

Wait, you need a 260 weapon to do zurvan?

Was planning on attempting it with kinna so I don't have to waist all that scripture that's just going to go down the toilet when I get my zurvan wep anyways -_-
There's nothing stopping you from clearing and farming it with a 255 weapon as long as you're good at DPSing.

Valor

The Zurvan bird is easily the most annoying bird to farm. I just got ridiculously lucky and rolled a 97 on my 56th clear right before going to work too so I was incredibly shocked. However, I've lost the bird 6 times prior to getting it with single and shit double digits. The idiots in pf easily made it the worst fight ever and the worst farms ever too. MUST HAVE A12s clear and be max percentile on fflogs.... lol ok guy

There are far worse. Sephirot comes to mind immediately.

Dresden

For people playing melee classes with a controller: do you use the lock-on function at all? Standard or legacy? Etc etc.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I put my name down for a Zu mount at some point. Can anyone in the FC tell me if I can still get it?
I must have missed you. Will send the ships out this weekend for you and mail you the horn when it comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom