• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well, I'm still not sure I'm going to have enough free-time to justify coming back. I mean, I'd like to come back, if only to sight see and play through the new MSQ. Still, I worry about having enough free time to even cap tomes, let alone to do the things I really enjoyed. (Farming primals, for example.)

#indecision2016
But we have tails and raids for everyone.

someone made me aware of an interesting question that a raid group puts on their application form .

the question is open ended .

it goes like this :
Dps so you can get over the small stuff.

someone made me aware of an interesting question that a raid group puts on their application form .

the question is open ended .

it goes like this :

If you know nothing about the boss or the fight, your goal is to figure out what the boss and fight mechanics are. In this case, you will kill the adds sequentially per wipe, add A, B, and C, and determine from which add dies first how the boss's behavior changes (if it does).

If the boss behaves the same no matter which add dies first, then you will probably choose to kill add B or C first for subsequent attempts, so your party can live longer between wipes, and figure out what the mechanics are for the remaining duration of the fight.

You will not kill add A first until you're pretty sure what the mechanics are and you are going for a clear and your party DPS has been insufficient to meet the enrage timer. If your group is clearing consistently already, then you will kill add A every farm run if your party is comfortable with it. However if killing add A prevents your party from clearing consistently, your party will continue to kill add B or C on farm runs because that's how they learned it and it works for them.

----------

Alternative answer:

Just do what the raid leader says :3

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The deed is done. Better late than never!

Cs14nRQUAAAawdC.jpg

Jaeyden

Today I learned the red script weekly timer doesn't reset on Thursday, and crafted 10 items to turn in....

Your weekly cap does reset on Thursday. Your daily Rowena timer resets at 8:00 or 9:00 depending on daylight savings time. What did you do wrong? Nothing. You finished your scrips for next week :p Be happy, watch your timers and turn them after Thursday and get on with playing the game.

Nothing better than having scrips done. Period.

Sifl

On a7s, as a drg how do you do the melee cages? I've only done it as monk and the alarum just kinda...always died. Do you save your jumps or pop b4b? And do you do your ft combo twice?

Ataxia

Is that Alex: Creator gear?

Aiming and DRG set look nice. Healer looks terrible as usual. Monk(?) has potential on a non-Roe.

Thorgal

If you know nothing about the boss or the fight, your goal is to figure out what the boss and fight mechanics are. In this case, you will kill the adds sequentially per wipe, add A, B, and C, and determine from which add dies first how the boss's behavior changes (if it does).

If the boss behaves the same no matter which add dies first, then you will probably choose to kill add B or C first for subsequent attempts, so your party can live longer between wipes, and figure out what the mechanics are for the remaining duration of the fight.

You will not kill add A first until you're pretty sure what the mechanics are and you are going for a clear and your party DPS has been insufficient to meet the enrage timer. If your group is clearing consistently already, then you will kill add A every farm run if your party is comfortable with it. However if killing add A prevents your party from clearing consistently, your party will continue to kill add B or C on farm runs because that's how they learned it and it works for them.

----------

This is pretty much my answer too.

Staying alive longer to see more of the fight will give you more knowledge going in for the next attempt.

Garibaldi

I've just picked up this for the PS4. Are any of you fine people running about on Cerberus (EU)?

In other news, is the launcher just utter crap or is it my connection? Took me about 5 hours to update the game. Mixture of launcher not actually loading just sticking on a white page, version check fails and failures to download patches.

I thought it might be a PSN thing but then I gave up for 10 mins and fired up Destiny to check out the new expansion and everything went back to normal. Why don't they just use the PS4's updating platform rather than their frankly terrible system. I'm dreading when the 3.4 patch hits.

Ataxia

I've just picked up this for the PS4. Are any of you fine people running about on Cerberus (EU)?

In other news, is the launcher just utter crap or is it my connection? Took me about 5 hours to update the game. Mixture of launcher not actually loading just sticking on a white page, version check fails and failures to download patches.

I thought it might be a PSN thing but then I gave up for 10 mins and fired up Destiny to check out the new expansion and everything went back to normal. Why don't they just use the PS4's updating platform rather than their frankly terrible system. I'm dreading when the 3.4 patch hits.
Never had that issue personally. Weird

Garibaldi

Never had that issue personally. Weird

It seems reasonably well documented on the web but it must have just been some issues connecting to Square's servers as the launcher pretty much is just a browser window. I got through it eventually but it's just a bit clunky. I'd have preferred to set it away, switch the PS4 to another game and let it download the updates using PS4 built in platform.

Unfortunately you can't do that. So end up baby sitting it for however long it takes to brute force past the errors. I opened a few ports on my router which seemed to help, but I'm not convinced that fixed it if I'm honest. It's only a client, I shouldn't have to be opening ports on a modern router. No matter.

For learning the game (I'm pretty well versed in WoW style gameplay) is the Marauder a reasonable choice? I don't wanna be going into dungeons and everyone expecting me to know it like the back of my hand on the first time through. Stuff like that.

Ken

Kinda weird how this time around healer and caster gear are recolored scouting and aiming gear lol

there was that time in scob that caster had recolor aiming

It seems reasonably well documented on the web but it must have just been some issues connecting to Square's servers as the launcher pretty much is just a browser window. I got through it eventually but it's just a bit clunky. I'd have preferred to set it away, switch the PS4 to another game and let it download the updates using PS4 built in platform.

Unfortunately you can't do that. So end up baby sitting it for however long it takes to brute force past the errors. I opened a few ports on my router which seemed to help, but I'm not convinced that fixed it if I'm honest. It's only a client, I shouldn't have to be opening ports on a modern router. No matter.

For learning the game (I'm pretty well versed in WoW style gameplay) is the Marauder a reasonable choice? I don't wanna be going into dungeons and everyone expecting me to know it like the back of my hand on the first time through. Stuff like that.

dungeons aer pretty straightforward dont worrhy

Bouniter

Hey all I've been playing the free trial for a little while now and am really enjoying my time with it, have 5 days left.

First a thanks to Celcius who was asking many of the questions that I had while playing and to all the people who answered those questions.

But Now I have decided that once the trial is up to continue playing (the final rogue mission was what really convinced me) I have a couple of questions of my own.

I'm playing on PS4 and am curious as to how the upgrade feature works it seems basically impossible to get a new physical copy of the game any more so I will be buying it of the PS store. How does the upgrade work in regard to this, will it just add to my free trial client or will I have to re-download it all again and how does my subscription get added?

Second I read about the referral system within the thread and read up a little more about it from what I read it sounds like it needs to be done before I buy the game/get a subscription which is different to what I read in the thread anyone willing to refer me and talk me through what I actually need to do?

Finally my characters name is Katie Hiiragi if any of you want to drop me a friend request in game please do and I look forward to joining the guild once subscribed.

P.S Do I ever get any more screen time with the rogues guild after the lvl 30 mission and becoming a ninja I'm missing those guys already?

Ken

Hey all I've been playing the free trial for a little while now and am really enjoying my time with it, have 5 days left.

First a thanks to Celcius who was asking many of the questions that I had while playing and to all the people who answered those questions.

But Now I have decided that once the trial is up to continue playing (the final rogue mission was what really convinced me) I have a couple of questions of my own.

I'm playing on PS4 and am curious as to how the upgrade feature works it seems basically impossible to get a new physical copy of the game any more so I will be buying it of the PS store. How does the upgrade work in regard to this, will it just add to my free trial client or will I have to re-download it all again and how does my subscription get added?

Second I read about the referral system within the thread and read up a little more about it from what I read it sounds like it needs to be done before I buy the game/get a subscription which is different to what I read in the thread anyone willing to refer me and talk me through what I actually need to do?

Finally my characters name is Katie Hiiragi if any of you want to drop me a friend request in game please do and I look forward to joining the guild once subscribed.

P.S Do I ever get any more screen time with the rogues guild after the lvl 30 mission and becoming a ninja I'm missing those guys already?

Iirc you see the rogue guild guys again in the level 50+ NIN quests.

Wilsongt

Getting my new computer today. Exciting to finally be able to play normally again after my current computer decided it hated the game.

suzu

You make payments on the Mog Station website. Make sure you don't start a new service account when registering the game.

How to Upgrade from the Free Trial to the PS3™/PS4™ Full Version

1. Either purchase the digital download from the PSN Store, or obtain a registration code from the physical PlayStation®3/PlayStation®4 version of the game.
(if you purchased a physical copy, you will need to register the registration code through the Sony Entertainment Network).
2. Start the game client and log in using the SQUARE ENIX Account used during your free trial, then register the game to your service account.

----

Recruitment Campaign
After completing registration, use the recruitment code below. When you pay for a subscription, you'll receive an exclusive in-game item reward.

Here's a code from me! (Recruitment Code: FNT9JGWW)

Entering Your Recruitment Code
You will need to log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to enter your recruitment code after completing registration. After logging in, proceed to Your Account, then select Enter Recruitment Code.

* If you wish to redeem a recruitment code, it must be entered before purchase of a subscription or game time card. Bonus items cannot be obtained if a subscription has been purchased prior to use of a recruitment code.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm level 31 with about 34 hours on the clock I think and I'm at the part where
I'm doing some fetch quests in Costa del Sol before I can fight Titan
. I'm assuming that by the end of the main ARR story I'll be level 50 and the final quest will require it... is that right? How close am I to the end of the story?

Cheers, I'm glad my questions were helpful to someone :)

I'm level 31 with about 34 hours on the clock I think and I'm at the part where
I'm doing some fetch quests in Costa del Sol before I can fight Titan
. I'm assuming that by the end of the main ARR story I'll be level 50 and the final quest will require it... is that right? How close am I to the end of the story?

Cheers, I'm glad my questions were helpful to someone :)

You're not anywhere close to where the story is right now.

I should mention that Heavensward is better than ARR so it's something you should look forward to experiencing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I did a double-take when I first saw this because that Elezen looks like me.

Also this is the 2nd gear set so far with different healer/caster sets so I really hope they make this a trend and keep it up from now on.

Edit: Crafted gear seems decent. (More varied sets too which is nice)

Liking that summoner gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom