• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouniter

Thanks for the link that's a great price for the collection ordered and on its way hopefully won't take to long. Why square would be hiding it on the store though I have no idea.

That's actually how I was using limit breaks as a ninja have been letting of my combo finish hitting assassinate and then a limit break so don't feel guilty now, I've hit level 35 though so no more ninja or story quests for me until I subscribe. Taking my time to try out some of the other classes, paladin first then a healer class probably arcanist, I like the idea of being able to summon animals even if it will eventually turn to scholar for healer rather than summoner.

I'm actually sometimes having some problems targeting enemies. I even set up a custom enemies only targeting thing (You activate with R1 and a face button) but even that doest seem to help. Always have to fall back on just running around the enemy pressing X till it finally gives me the enemy I want.

I was under the impression you pressed left and right on the Dpad to cycle through enemies and up and down for parties, but I find myself never managing to go through enemies with the dpad only my party in dungeons and friendly PCs or NPCs out side of dungeons even with the custom group enabled. What blindingly obvious thing am I missing?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Thanks for the link that's a great price for the collection ordered and on its way hopefully won't take to long. Why square would be hiding it on the store though I have no idea.

That's actually how I was using limit breaks as a ninja have been letting of my combo finish hitting assassinate and then a limit break so don't feel guilty now, I've hit level 35 though so no more ninja or story quests for me until I subscribe. Taking my time to try out some of the other classes, paladin first then a healer class probably arcanist, I like the idea of being able to summon animals even if it will eventually turn to scholar for healer rather than summoner.

I'm actually sometimes having some problems targeting enemies. I even set up a custom enemies only targeting thing (You activate with R1 and a face button) but even that doest seem to help. Always have to fall back on just running around the enemy pressing X till it finally gives me the enemy I want.

I was under the impression you pressed Left and Right on the Dpad to cycle through enemies and up and down for parties, but I find myself never managing to go through enemies with the dpad only my party in dungeons and friendly PCs or NPCs out side of dungeons even with the custom group enabled. What blindingly Obvious thing am I missing?
Set the crossXhotbar to toggle and turn off bar 8, its nothing but settings. This is useful if you pick a caster. Also use dpad to switch between targets when softlocking and l1 and r1 to switch targets when hard locked to switch targets left and right respectively. Especially useful for bosses. And keep legacy movement on.

aceface

Tons of info on the new patch from a YoshiP interview here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/53rr40/quick_summary_of_the_dengeki_and_4gamers_last/

A few takeaways I had:
Sounds like crafted weapons have he same ilevel as Sophia and can be pentamelded. (Edit:rereading it seems like Sophia weps might be 5 ilevels better but that is offset by pentamelding the crafted weapons)Also they're not overly hard to make. So, It sounds like Sophia weapons will be both immediately outdated and harder to get if you have Gil or crafters geared and leveled.

Also Yoshi is saying that they buffed AST cards so much that a skilled player could increase raid dps significantly. I wonder if it will start to become a requirement with groups.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Tons of info on the new patch from a YoshiP interview here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/53rr40/quick_summary_of_the_dengeki_and_4gamers_last/

A few takeaways I had:
Sounds like crafted weapons have he same ilevel as Sophia and can be pentamelded. Also they're not overly hard to make. So, It sounds like Sophia weapons will be both immediately outdated and harder to get if you have Gil or crafters geared and leveled.

Also Yoshi is saying that they buffed AST cards so much that a skilled player could increase raid dps significantly. I wonder if it will start to become a requirement with groups.
This dps buffs sounds like what astology was meant to be. Astrologers for 2016#.

Dargor

So, what does the friend get with the recruit a friend thingy?

And does anyone wants to sent me one of those codes lol?

A few takeaways I had:
Sounds like crafted weapons have he same ilevel as Sophia and can be pentamelded. (Edit:rereading it seems like Sophia weps might be 5 ilevels better but that is offset by pentamelding the crafted weapons)Also they're not overly hard to make. So, It sounds like Sophia weapons will be both immediately outdated and harder to get if you have Gil or crafters geared and leveled.

However, since you can be revived after falling off, Sophia will go all out to push you off.

PRAISE IT

Will wait and see but hopefully that doesn't leave the Sophia weapons kinda useless out the gate. Having an alternative to the Nidhogg weapons caused me to ignore it completely.

From another interview I was given the impression that Sophia weapons would have a slightly higher ilvl to make sure they're not made obsolete by the crafted stuff. I expect crafted weapons to be i250 and Sophia i255

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hey there, do you mean my character name and mogstation account? If so, they are Varok Saurfang and Badengrund for the mogstation
Well mogstation and a Square enix account is one and the same so yeah. Hopefully ill do it today but it might not be available until i resub.

Thorgal

I am currently leveling WAR. Currently at lvl 40.

At that level, should I already be trying to stance dance?

I've tried it a few times but healers seem to struggle a bit keeping me alive when I do it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I've tried it a few times but healers seem to struggle a bit keeping me alive when I do it.
I just keep defiance on once i unlocked it and use my jobs abilities to nullify the negative buffs.

Squishy3

Just keep defiance on while you're leveling. Stance dancing is usually best utilized when you outgear the content you're doing and/or have a good healer, or need to push out more DPS in raid encounters.

Stance dancing is also pointless if you don't have your full skillset. You're not holding aggro without Fell Cleave / Royal Authority / CnS

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Stance dancing is also pointless if you don't have your full skillset. You're not holding aggro without Fell Cleave / Royal Authority / CnS

Uh, what?
Fell Cleave doesn't inherently generate additional aggro, and it's single-target.
More to the point, it's stance dancing, first you gain a firm enmity lead, and then you switch (and even then SS and BB have natural enmity modifiers, as does Overpower), and you can switch back if needed, as WAR doesn't have any drawbacks to switching. It is perhaps a question if it's worth sacrificing the access to Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone in 35-54 range which are pretty strong attacks but even then it would probably math out in favor of minimizing the Defiance uptime if you really wanna push it.

Uh, what?
Fell Cleave doesn't inherently generate additional aggro, and it's single-target.
More to the point, it's stance dancing, first you gain a firm enmity lead, and then you switch (and even then SS and BB have natural enmity modifiers, as does Overpower), and you can switch back if needed, as WAR doesn't have any drawbacks to switching. It is perhaps a question if it's worth sacrificing the access to Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone in 35-54 range which are pretty strong attacks but even then it would probably math out in favor of minimizing the Defiance uptime if you really wanna push it.
I mean for keeping the aggro you need the damage from those on top of emnity stuff. Either that or a NIN.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Guide to Maurader by dioTM.
First you do maim combo
Then turn on defiance and overpower if there are more than one trash mob.
Then activate the skill which nullifies overpowered.
Then turn on berserk and and fracture and do your three hit combo.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I mean for keeping the aggro you need the damage from those on top of emnity stuff. Either that or a NIN.

Not really? If we're talking about pre-54 (which is when you get Fell Cleave) or pre-60 when you get Decimate, well DPS don't have all of their abilities either? And you can't have Fell Cleave on top of "enmity stuff" because it's not usable in Defiance.

Yeah, gain enmity lead then turn off tank stance and DPS stuff or AOE.

For Warrior though I guess you use Unchained so your first bunch of Overpowers won't have damage penalty?

I haven't spent much time AOEing properly as WAR but my guess is you Unchained and Overpower 2 or 3 times then get Maim then switch stance and pop Berserk while overpowering and using Equilibrium to help fuel your Overpowering. Although the Unchained might not be worth it if you just stay in Defiance for a few Overpowers. Might be better to use it for Decimate once you're in Deliverance.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Think i'm gonna start playing this again. Made a new character on ultros just now. Used to play legacy on Excalibur with others.

Hopefully i can get back into it. :D

Exactly :)
ron3Hm.gif

I expect you'll be able to spam it around every 3-4 minutes in Fate/extella

Tanks using LB.

lol Tanks wish they were allowed to use their LB.

Tanks got to use their LB that one time in T13, that's about all we could have asked for.

LBs really need to be revamped for 4.0 but I doubt it will happen then. It's pretty low on the priority list of things to revamp at this point.

Squishy3

I want to do T9 unsync but that guide video is almost 20 minutes long.

Is it possible to just eat all the mechanics aside from the meteor/golem thing?
You can skip some of these (I think the iron chariots and thermionic beam? Not too sure) but this is the order of the stuff to worry about after the phase change after the last set of golems/meteors.

Fire out, Thunder out, Fire in, Thunder out, Fire out, iron chariot, supernovas, thermionic beam, Fire in, Thunder out.

Fire tether for example is out for the first one because if nobody's ice tethered it just does aoe damage to people that could otherwise be avoided, while if people are ice tethered they need to be thawed with the fire aoe or they die.

You might see little white circles appear on the ground, if you get the status effect "Garrote" (it'll be a little chain icon on the debuff bar) you'll need to step into these or you die. Other than those things during the final phase just focus on DPSing the boss as hard as you can. Kill the add when it comes out too since I think it does bad things if left alive but the boss should be dead before the divebombs at the current item levels.

Valor

I want to do T9 unsync but that guide video is almost 20 minutes long.

Is it possible to just eat all the mechanics aside from the meteor/golem thing?

With 8 relatively competent people you only really need to worry about golem phase and not all getting walled by Heavensfall after Golems. If you survive that you're golden.

With normal dps you should skip add during Heavensfall which skips all of those mechanics. Every fire tether can be in. It doesn't matter. You can lightning the party even. It doesn't matter, really. Nael should be dead before you see divebombs. There are barely any mechanics if you do it right.

So what exactly are DK's good at? I have a 54 warrior that is a beast I'm damage and health.

I wasn't clicking completely with the class so I'm levelling the DK now. While I really enjoy tanking as a DK I just don't know what I'm suppose to be good at? My DK is 52

It just seems like warrior is better in everyway except for aoe

Squishy3

With 8 relatively competent people you only really need to worry about golem phase and not all getting walled by Heavensfall after Golems. If you survive that you're golden.

With normal dps you should skip add during Heavensfall which skips all of those mechanics. Every fire tether can be in. It doesn't matter. You can lightning the party even. It doesn't matter, really. Nael should be dead before you see divebombs. There are barely any mechanics if you do it right.
I just think there's no reason to not have thunder leave since it paralyzes people and barely affects boss uptime

So what exactly are DK's good at? I have a 54 warrior that is a beast I'm damage and health.

I wasn't clicking completely with the class so I'm levelling the DK now. While I really enjoy tanking as a DK I just don't know what I'm suppose to be good at? My DK is 52

It just seems like warrior is better in everyway except for aoe
DRK is the anti magic damage tank. WAR is just broken lol

You can skip some of these (I think the iron chariots and thermionic beam? Not too sure) but this is the order of the stuff to worry about after the phase change after the last set of golems/meteors.

Fire out, Thunder out, Fire in, Thunder out, Fire out, iron chariot, supernovas, thermionic beam, Fire in, Thunder out.

Fire tether for example is out for the first one because if nobody's ice tethered it just does aoe damage to people that could otherwise be avoided, while if people are ice tethered they need to be thawed with the fire aoe or they die.

You might see little white circles appear on the ground, if you get the status effect "Garrote" (it'll be a little chain icon on the debuff bar) you'll need to step into these or you die. Other than those things during the final phase just focus on DPSing the boss as hard as you can. Kill the add when it comes out too since I think it does bad things if left alive but the boss should be dead before the divebombs at the current item levels.

Yeah, after some video study it seems like golems is the major thing and once you get through that it's not too bad. Thanks for the tips.

Good to know. Can you DF content unsynced or is that only available with preformed parties?

If not I guess I'll try my luck with the PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom