• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I really like the teamwork aspect of this game. I was just running through a desert doing my hunting logs and I randomly ran into Quote. He was doing the same thing so we teamed up for a little while and then parted ways. Then immediately after that I'm in costa del sol and doing a Fate solo. Just as the boss starts to get my health down to uncomfortable levels and I think I'm going to have to run, a healer shows up and saves my skin. Just the two of us take it down and then continue off on our separate adventures. It's my first MMO but I've never playing anything like it before. :)

I guess it's that time of the month again.

Everyone post your character.

MaogBaI.jpg

I really like the teamwork aspect of this game. I was just running through a desert doing my hunting logs and I randomly ran into Quote. He was doing the same thing so we teamed up for a little while and then parted ways. Then immediately after that I'm in costa del sol and doing a Fate solo. Just as the boss starts to get my health down to uncomfortable levels and I think I'm going to have to run, a healer shows up and saves my skin. Just the two of us take it down and then continue off on our separate adventures. It's my first MMO but I've never playing anything like it before. :)

Yeah, people in the field will sometimes help you out if you're doing the same thing as them.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm only level 34 so I don't have the glamour skill yet:
DSQtVBJ.jpg

Today's the last day of my free trial so the first part of my adventure ends here. 39 hours so far and I've really enjoyed it. I'll probably take a small break and then buy the full game in October to avoid losing my character and continue where I left off. Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Valor

Guide to Maurader by dioTM.
First you do maim combo
Then turn on defiance and overpower if there are more than one trash mob.
Then activate the skill which nullifies overpowered.
Then turn on berserk and and fracture and do your three hit combo.
Like... don't actually do any of this.

If you want aggro you want Defiance on first before you do any attacks. If you are pulling a group you'll want to Overpower before you Maim Combo. Then you can Unchained/Berserk/Bloodbath > Overpower a few times while mixing in Infuriate -> Steel Cyclone or build your stacks to 5 first to Steel Cyclone > Infuriate > Steel Cyclone while under Bloodbath and Berserk. You don't even really need a healer if you do that.

At 60 it's a whole different ballgame as well.

I wonder if giving PLD a battle rez in 4.0 would be good. I've seen Summoners prevent wipes with theirs so I think it would have some use.

I'm only level 34 so I don't have the glamour skill yet:
DSQtVBJ.jpg

Today's the last day of my free trial so the first part of my adventure ends here. 39 hours so far and I've really enjoyed it. I'll probably take a small break and then buy the full game in October to avoid losing my character and continue where I left off. Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Glad you had fun with it. Just know that the story reaches its peak in Heavensward so if you've enjoyed what you've played so far then you'll definitely enjoy the expansion content too.

Ok how does everyone get perfect pictures of themselves?

I use the in-game screenshot function. L1 + Select/Share to turn off the HUD then L1 + Start to take a screenshot if you're using a Dual Shock 4.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I wonder if giving PLD a battle rez in 4.0 would be good. I've seen Summoners prevent wipes with theirs so I think it would have some use.

Glad you had fun with it. Just know that the story reaches its peak in Heavensward so if you've enjoyed what you've played so far then you'll definitely enjoy the expansion content too.

I use the in-game screenshot function. L1 + Select/Share to turn off the HUD then L1 + Start to take a screenshot if you're using a Dual Shock 4.
But then what do you do?

Ataxia

I just read that they're buffing Astrologian?

I can't be the only one concerned with the very realistic possibility that those card buffs are gonna push it over the edge and make it a 'must' in raid progression, right? Regardless of how much they buff Nocturnal stance, a SCH will always be best option because of its fairy and ability to consistently DPS and heal at the same time. So all they're doing here is buffing it against WHM. Something that it's already on par with in heals. Why?

Where exactly does that leave White Mage?

Excited to see PLD change though. Still my favourite tanky tank.

But then what do you do?

Which part of that post are you replying to? The battle rez?

If so then you'd just tank like normal. PLD has a few supportive tools like Divine Veil and Clemency. If things are going smoothly then you won't have to use Clemency at all and Divine Veil can be thrown out just to mitigate some damage.

When the group you're in is being pressured though being able to heal and provide a shield can potentially mean the difference between wiping or winning depending on how things play out.

Having a battle rez would be great especially if one or two healers get knocked out because that can potentially save a run but I'm not going to be sad if they don't add one.

Kanashimi

So we recently got a new off tank for the new tier, but his mic is shit. I literally can't understand him. Any cheapo headset/mics you'd recommend for PC users for FFXIV? I don't want to spend a fortune and I use a condenser/pre-amp. Due to that I don't have a good grasp of the lower end of the spectrum lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
They actually made something more hideous than the MogHome. Not sure whether I should be impressed or terrified.

c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad_38.png

Ken

Players can no longer initiate a trade with players casting a spell.

rip

/facepalm
USAGE:
/facepalm [subcommand]
¨Drop your head into your hands in frustration.
\>\>Subcommands:
motion Perform motion only.

Both text and motion will be displayed when no subcommand is specified.

rip

Qvoth

new diadem gives i235? that's pretty low, it's still dead i guess
new DD gear accursed hoard probably will be better
might go back to casual raiding again, would you be able to enter alexandor creator savage if you haven't cleared midas savage?

So what exactly are DK's good at? I have a 54 warrior that is a beast I'm damage and health.

I wasn't clicking completely with the class so I'm levelling the DK now. While I really enjoy tanking as a DK I just don't know what I'm suppose to be good at? My DK is 52

It just seems like warrior is better in everyway except for aoe

DRK is useful in that their damage penalty is largely minimized when they have to main tank in their tank stance. That, and they are capable of adequately cooldowning through both physical and magical tank busters without blowing their major/best defensive cooldown which helps if big hits are spaced relatively close together unlike pld/war. Off tank Dps wise, as you said it's between War and pld. Like you said, in pulling mobs in dungeons, their aoe damage potenrial is significantly higher than the other 2.

If you aren't raiding, then honestly the only thing that matters is which is more fun to play. As WAR, you are kind of a slave to the slash buff and damage debuffs unless you don't care. DRK meanwhile has more off global cooldown moves and abilities that you are always using while balancing your MP drain for max dps. For that I find it more fun to play.

tgl3

Neo Member
new diadem gives i235? that's pretty low, it's still dead i guess
new DD gear accursed hoard probably will be better
might go back to casual raiding again, would you be able to enter alexandor creator savage if you haven't cleared midas savage?

You don't need to have cleared Midas Savage to enter Creator Savage, but you'll need to have done Creator normal.

AST buffs have me so excited. Some nice QoL changes elsewhere too.

Also yay for /facepalm!

aceface

Wow, new GC ranks finally...3 years later.

It cracks me up that they instituted cross-data center lobbies...for triple triad.

Holy shit those AST buffs
Guess they said fuck it because their piecemeal approach to giving ASTs a real place to shine while at the same time be overly worried about them overshadowing the other healers wasn't working.

So glad I've kept my AST up to date. 3.4 is our time to shine.

ebil

Eh, so that's the culmination of 15 months of "balancing" AST. Hopefully they do much better with the next batch of jobs.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Thought about trying to buy a house on patch day if any open up...

Then I heard Ishgard housing is coming. I want snow-home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom