• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Asami wants new house walls, but we are not getting THAT.
Even I don't want THAT.... Maybe it's time to build the restaurant.

Thought about trying to buy a house on patch day if any open up...

Then I heard Ishgard housing is coming. I want snow-home.
Might be worth it to still try. I remember them saying they wanted to add house transfer before Ishgard housing so workshop/airship progress wouldn't be wiped for people who wanted to move to the new zone.

Q63. I really love the scenery in the new areas. Do you have plans to introduce a housing ward in Ishgard?

A63. We’re currently working to solve the inconvenience in the extended wards, so we believe it’ll be after this. This is because we think we first need to create a transfer system for players who wish to move to an Ishgard area.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...pdate-Thread?p=3128944&viewfull=1#post3128944

Heartfyre

Idyllshire...or Burmecia?

YrODev9.jpg

Skoje enjoying a cameo in the background.

Looking forward to the new gear, but I'll probably still glamour the Viking Scale Mail onto it.

ebil

Oh wow, I just noticed they flat out disabled job stacking in Creator Savage. That's certainly a... way to do it. I wonder if they're trying to prevent fulltime AOE Balance or if there's something else.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oh wow, I just noticed they flat out disabled job stacking in Creator Savage. That's certainly a... way to do it. I wonder if they're trying to prevent fulltime AOE Balance or if there's something else.

It's for the matching, full parties can do whatever they want.

Redx508

patch notes looking good can't wait! new materia melding window is nice
c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad_103.png

Wow, new GC ranks finally...3 years later.

It cracks me up that they instituted cross-data center lobbies...for triple triad.

maybe this how they are beta testing it for later on

Allard

patch notes looking good can't wait! new materia melding window is nice
c244625b50b0208675f0a1f7baf9ac67543943ad_103.png

maybe this how they are beta testing it for later on

Aren't there already cross-server lobbies for Palace of the Dead or is the location after you finish floors setup for only people on your server?

PLD buff incoming

Sword Oath - Increased potency has changed from 50 to 75.
Weapon delay will now affect damage output.

I don't know what the weapon delay part means though. Like will the damage be increased if your weapon has less/more delay between each auto?

Talaysen

PLD buff incoming

I don't know what the weapon delay part means though. Like will the damage be increased if your weapon has less/more delay between each auto?

That's most likely what it means. Auto-attack damage in general is modified by the delay, which shows up on the value on your weapon. But the damage from Sword Oath didn't get modified, so faster weapons also did 50 extra potency every swing, resulting in a higher auto-attack damage increase compared to the slower weapons. I'm guessing they're adjusting that so it scales the same way base auto-attack damage does now.

I've got some speculation on how it'll work, and the results aren't as good as you'd expect. The delay on most swords is 2.24. If you look at the Midan sword, it has a physical attack value of 81, an auto-attack value of 60.48, and a delay of 2.24. That auto-attack value can be derived from the physical attack value and delay by calculating 81 * 2.24 / 3 = 60.48 . What I'm expecting them to do is to take that same 2.24 / 3 factor and apply it to the 75 potency of Sword Oath, so it normalizes the damage bonus for different delay weapons. That works out to 56 potency per swing, which is not much higher than the 50 potency from before.

So yeah, wouldn't get your hopes up on this PLD buff, it's probably not going to mean much. I'd love to be wrong though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I assume with i260 gear that there will be i260 weapons this patch? How the heck do they justify not having anima upgrades this patch then?

Ken

So I assume with i260 gear that there will be i260 weapons this patch? How the heck do they justify not having anima upgrades this patch then?

260 weapons will be locked behind completing x floor of the raid. Sometime later they'll make them obtainable through the new 24 man raid. Between this they'll probably roll out the anima upgrade to 260.

It's mostly just to keep the 260 tome weapons relevant, I think.

Jayhawk

260 weapons will be locked behind completing x floor of the raid. Sometime later they'll make them obtainable through the new 24 man raid. Between this they'll probably roll out the anima upgrade to 260.

It's mostly just to keep the 260 tome weapons relevant, I think.

Will you be carrying the retired players to 260 weapons? Qhon's Qarries

Sorian

Banned

No normal person will even have a 260 weapon for like two months minimum anyway.

Edit: Also, the next relic upgrade will likely only be to 250 anyway.

Double edit: Oh right, tome weapon too, so maybe drop that estimate down to a month instead.

That's most likely what it means. Auto-attack damage in general is modified by the delay, which shows up on the value on your weapon. But the damage from Sword Oath didn't get modified, so faster weapons also did 50 extra potency every swing, resulting in a higher auto-attack damage increase compared to the slower weapons. I'm guessing they're adjusting that so it scales the same way base auto-attack damage does now.

I've got some speculation on how it'll work, and the results aren't as good as you'd expect. The delay on most swords is 2.24. If you look at the Midan sword, it has a physical attack value of 81, an auto-attack value of 60.48, and a delay of 2.24. That auto-attack value can be derived from the physical attack value and delay by calculating 81 * 2.24 / 3 = 60.48 . What I'm expecting them to do is to take that same 2.24 / 3 factor and apply it to the 75 potency of Sword Oath, so it normalizes the damage bonus for different delay weapons. That works out to 56 potency per swing, which is not much higher than the 50 potency from before.

So yeah, wouldn't get your hopes up on this PLD buff, it's probably not going to mean much. I'd love to be wrong though.

That sounds... underwhelming.

6 potency is better than nothing I guess.

aceface

For Weapons it will be :
Crafted i250
Sophia i255
Tome + 7 gears from Creator normal: i260
3.45 relic step: i260
Next primal: i265
Tome weapon upgrade with super dark gobdip from savage raid: i270
3.5 relic step: i270
A12s weapon: i275

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
coming from FFXI, anima not just being by far the best weapon for a job, but actually being obsolete for months at a time is just mind boggling...

I mean, I get why they aren't above and beyond the best weapons in the game. They're far, far, far easier to obtain than any of FFXI's super-weapons. But to have them be obsolete is still just weird.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
coming from FFXI, anima not just being by far the best weapon for a job, but actually being obsolete for months at a time is just mind boggling...

I mean, I get why they aren't above and beyond the best weapons in the game. They're far, far, far easier to obtain than any of FFXI's super-weapons. But to have them be obsolete is still just weird.
Less grind
50 potd levels vs atma farming if you are behind for i235-40 lvl weapon.

Ken

For Weapons it will be :
Crafted i250
Sophia i255
Tome + 7 gears from Creator normal: i260
3.45 relic step: i260
Next primal: i265
Tome weapon upgrade with super dark gobdip from savage raid: i270
3.5 relic step: i270
A12s weapon: i275

o idk

i thought it was 250 to 260 jump

well same thing diff numbers

I guess it's that time of the month again.

Everyone post your character.

Also AST buffs make me think Yoshida got tired of buffing AST little by little, dropped the AST bomb, and is telling us to look forward to 4.0 job reworks. AST seems to be getting the arcanist treatment, where they cannot properly balance it to be as good as a WHM or as good as a SCH without completely fucking over the balance of the other side

I just hope AST gets rid of most of the card RNG and just becomes a buffer/ debuffer

Omni

Also AST buffs make me think Yoshida got tired of buffing AST little by little, dropped the AST bomb, and is telling us to look forward to 4.0 job reworks. AST seems to be getting the arcanist treatment, where they cannot properly balance it to be as good as a WHM or as good as a SCH without completely fucking over the balance of the other side

I just hope AST gets rid of most of the card RNG and just becomes a buffer/ debuffer
I really feel like they've screwed over WHM with those AST buffs. That balance card potency increase was completely unnecessary. It was already more or less on par with WHM before. Now the amount of utility it's going to bring completely outweights anything WHM can ever hope to bring to the party. Cure III is nice and all but when is that ever required these days.

Meanwhile SCH is still untouchable even with Noc-AST shield buffs. So sure, WHM/AST combo isn't awful now but essentially all they're doing is making WHM obsolete.

Even the people I raid with are wanting me to switch over after reading these patch notes. Just because free raging strikes. Ugh.

aceface

I really feel like they've screwed over WHM with those AST buffs. That balance card potency increase was completely unnecessary. It was already more or less on par with WHM before. Now the amount of utility it's going to bring completely outweights anything WHM can ever hope to bring to the party. Cure III is nice and all but when is that ever required these days.

Meanwhile SCH is still untouchable even with Noc-AST shield buffs. So sure, WHM/AST combo isn't awful now but essentially all they're doing is making WHM obsolete.

Even the people I raid with are wanting me to switch over after reading these patch notes. Just because free raging strikes. Ugh.

My sense is that Creator savage must actually be pretty easy to the extent that it shouldn't be any trouble beating it with any party comp. Enough so that Yoshi finally said fuck it with AST buffs just to see the effect that it would have on raid dps and party comps out in the wild. Then he can decide what to do for 4.0.

In other words, you should tell your raid group that it's doubtful that the extra dps is going to be necessary in any case and you will be much more effective playing a job you are comfortable with.

20% normal and 30% buff seems really good. I already have WHM at 60 but I've been slowly leveling AST so I can't say I dislike the changes, but it seems like WHM may be in a bad spot until they make more adjustments.

I don't see how enabling more party comps screws WHM over. We don't even know the fight design yet amd it's not like WHM was ever bad.

Besides, they said they tested WHM + AST specifically for Creator so aside from FOTM statics asking to change jobs you have nothing to worry about.

I don't see how enabling more party comps screws WHM over. We don't even know the fight design yet.

Besides, they said they tested WHM + AST specifically for Creator so aside from FOTM statics asking to change jobs you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, forgot to mention that people who don't do hardcore raiding don't have to worry about this.

It's not like a WAR pre buff situation where I've heard stories about people just kicking WARs out of groups if they showed up.

I wonder if they're not planning on bringing back races from older games and are instead only going to be making new ones. 3.0's Au'Ra were completely new for Final Fantasy, so it makes sense that the new race (if there is one) will be something completely new.

In that case I wouldn't mind something inspired by Oni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom