• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How?

Already burned my leves doing this. I think I've got about 15-20 leves now. I was doing the large scale ones.

Don't do the large scale ones. Do the single-allowance lvl 58 ones.

Dance Magic Dance is probably the easiest one as the ground to cover is very small. Remmber that you don't atcually have to do the quests, just initiate, see if a chest spawns, abandon, and then rinse and repeat.

iammeiam

250 blue scrips is also a crystal sand; garrison minions are good passive sands, and the Zhloe stuff they added last week should be a couple of cheap and easy sands every week if you have a leveled crafter.

Don't do the large scale ones. Do the single-allowance lvl 58 ones.

Dance Magic Dance is probably the easiest one as the ground to cover is very small. Remmber that you don't atcually have to do the quests, just initiate, see if a chest spawns, abandon, and then rinse and repeat.
But aren't the large scale better as the chest have a higher chance of showing up and 5 ambers inside?
5 Superior Enchanted Ink and 5 Thavnairian Mist can be bought for 450 Tomes of Poetics in Mor Dhona, and these 10 items can be exchanged for a Crystal Sand c:
I don't know how this slipped my mind as I was doing these😂
250 blue scrips is also a crystal sand; garrison minions are good passive sands, and the Zhloe stuff they added last week should be a couple of cheap and easy sands every week if you have a leveled crafter.
No leveled crafter higher than 30 maybe:/

duckroll

We should go through the Coil stuff too over the weekend.

Isn't that Bahamut stuff? Might be scary? He's big...

Only way to not faceroll through it is probably to do a minimum item lv sync run. Running it with 8 at the lv 50 cap you'll still blast through it pretty quickly. If you just want to watch the cutscenes and don't mind blowing through all the bosses you can run with just 3 or 4 more people as an unsynced party.

I'm not looking for a challenge in particular. I just don't want to come out of a cutscene and find a bunch of dead enemies and bosses. I wanna actually play, that's all!

Just got my Marauder up to 30 and unlocked Warrior. Cant really decide wether to push on with Ninja or play Warrior and take advantage of the stupidly short lines for stuff..
At first I switched back just so I wasnt 8-10+ levels over the requirements for the MSQ as it seems a waste of the xp and gear. Now Im back in Uldan fighting some stuff and I think im about in the right range on both classes.

kagamin

I'm not looking for a challenge in particular. I just don't want to come out of a cutscene and find a bunch of dead enemies and bosses. I wanna actually play, that's all!

You're in luck then, because the only really difficult story content was a part of the binding coils of Bahamut.

wamberz1

Just got my Marauder up to 30 and unlocked Warrior. Cant really decide wether to push on with Ninja or play Warrior and take advantage of the stupidly short lines for stuff..

While I will mention that those lines are going to get even shorter in stormblood due to them adding another 2 dps jobs, you should play whatever you enjoy the most.

While I will mention that those lines are going to get even shorter in stormblood due to them adding another 2 dps jobs, you should play whatever you enjoy the most.

I kinda like both tbh. Ninja is super fast but WAR I like the tanking and getting stuff going. In most mmos i start out DPS and swtich to Tanking down the line.
Even back in 11 I was a main Nin tank after switching from ranger and hunter to dk tank in Wow. In fact im surprised i havent tried the ranged class yet.

Edzi

At first I switched back just so I wasnt 8-10+ levels over the requirements for the MSQ as it seems a waste of the xp and gear. Now Im back in Uldan fighting some stuff and I think im about in the right range on both classes.

Considering the amount of grinding you'll be doing in this game, pick the one you find most fun to actually play. I started off as Dragoon, but switched over to Warrior and just passed my Dragoon's level at 43.

Squishy3

Isn't that Bahamut stuff? Might be scary? He's big...

Only like 4 of the turns have big meaningful story content (the rest of it essentially boils down to "we need to go deeper") and only one of them is actually still difficult at this point in time because of the instant kill mechanics.

Guys, I'm sad...... just wiped at floor 170 of POTD. That healing was super stressful but it wasn't my fault. Our tank was super stressed out and she couldn't take it. Lol, POTD is harder than creator savage. Well, now I'm really sad. I did my best. I think she forgot to pull the boss out of the water.....

Tenrius

So, I have Heavensward for the PS4 and just the regular game for Steam. I haven't reached HW content yet. Can I still play the game on PC?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So it just won't let me log in? That's... interesting. Ehh, should have bought HW on Steam when it was 50% off.
Pretty much.
Here's the official HW FAQ:
Q: Do I need to purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward for each of the platforms that I currently play A Realm Reborn on?

Global: Yes. You will need to purchase and register a copy for each of the platforms that you would like to play on. For example: You play FFXIV: ARR on PC and PS4 and wish to play the expansion on both of those platforms, then you would need to purchase FFXIV: Heavensward on both PC and PS4.

duckroll

I've seen that. I don't want to play the expansion though, just some 2.X stuff. I'm still going through 2.2-2.3 MSQ.

Heavensward isn't just the story content, it also allows you to play as Au Ra, and acquire the 3 new Jobs - Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrologian. That's why characters are locked that way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Heavensward isn't just the story content, it also allows you to play as Au Ra, and acquire the 3 new Jobs - Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrologian. That's why characters are locked that way.
Au Ra is the only part requiring the expansion content which you can use before going through the whole 2.xx content though (that and leveling past 50), the rest is locked until you can access Ishgard.
I've seen that. I don't want to play the expansion though, just some 2.X stuff. I'm still going through 2.2-2.3 MSQ.
Oh, sorry, misunderstood your question. As long as you don't log out in HW areas you should be fine. No idea what would happen if you made an Au Ra character on the console and tried playing it on the PC though.

Tenrius

You can play on the PC as long as your don't log off in a Heavensward location.

Au Ra is the only part requiring the expansion content which you can use before going through the whole 2.xx content though (that and leveling past 50), the rest is locked until you can access Ishgard.

Oh, sorry, misunderstood your question. As long as you don't log out in HW areas you should be fine. No idea what would happen if you made an Au Ra character on the console and tried playing it on the PC though.

Okay then, thanks! That means I'll be able to play some FFXIV tonight. My character is a cat, so everything should be fine.

duckroll

The character loses the horns and tail and turns into a Lalafell.

Silav101

What are some uses for Collective Unconscious?

When paired with a White Mage, AST will use it as a mitigation (via the shielding effect of Nocturnal Sect) for group/raid-wide damage.

When paired with a Scholar, AST will use it as a regen (via the stance effect of Diurnal Sect) for generally the same reasons.

ebil

When paired with a White Mage, AST will use it as a mitigation (via the shielding effect of Nocturnal Sect) for group/raid-wide damage.

When paired with a Scholar, AST will use it as a regen (via the stance effect of Diurnal Sect) for generally the same reasons.
It hasn't worked that way for a very, very long time. You now get both effects regardless of your sect.

What are some uses for Collective Unconscious?
- mitigating the bigger blows where your group can stack.
- applying a relatively potent (and free) HoT to the group (or even to your tank if you're running an expert roulette or whatever)

"Soak damage by stacking" mechanics are obvious candidates for this skill.

It's important to note that as Wheel of Fortune is a HoT, you can increase its duration with Time Dilation and Celestial Opposition. You can use it to your advantage to stack HoTs on your tank or to solo heal through stuff that you normally couldn't.

It's also important to note that being stunned or knocked back interrupts its channeling so you can't use it for things like Ravana, Sophia or Zurvan Ultimates.

Silav101

It hasn't worked that way for a very, very long time. You now get both effects regardless of your sect.

- mitigating the bigger blows where your group can stack.
- applying a relatively potent (and free) HoT to the group (or even to your tank if you're running an expert roulette or whatever)

It's important to note that as Wheel of Fortune is a HoT, you can increase its duration with Time Dilation and Celestial Opposition. You can use it to your advantage to stack HoTs on your tank or to solo heal through stuff that you normally couldn't.

It's also important to note that being stunned or knocked back interrupts its channeling so you can't use it for things like Ravana, Sophia or Zurvan Ultimates.

My bad, I should have worded it better, indeed. That was the old way it worked, now you basically just use it for mitigation and regen.

PLEASE USE IT, ASTROLOGIANS. It's pretty good, even if you are nailed to the floor!

Did Neverreap (very short but fun. Reminded me of a dungeon in Cataclysm, I think)...afterwards I start heading to Limsa Lominsa when in Gen Chat...

t9lcRTY.png

: /

Pachimari

How do I get my FFX attire from the Fan Festival? I already got my Lulu minion a long while back but wasn't the Tidus attire supposed to be in my mailbox by Feb 28?

Silav101

Did Neverreap (very short but fun. Reminded me of a dungeon in Cataclysm, I think)...afterwards I start heading to Limsa Lominsa when in Gen Chat...

t9lcRTY.png

: /

Ayyyyyyyyy :O

Also, Neverreap is fun now. It was decidedly not fun when it was one of the only two end-game dungeons you could get in the duty roulette when HW came out.

Alwaysreap. Foreverreap. NeverNotNeverreap.

Stuart444

thanks for the answers folks. Was curious since I couldn't see how to use it since when I'm using it, I can't do anything else..

My AST is 48 atm but I've used it during POTD and all. Will need to try it in actual content when I get to 60

dramatis

How do I get my FFX attire from the Fan Festival? I already got my Lulu minion a long while back but wasn't the Tidus attire supposed to be in my mailbox by Feb 28?
You're supposed to have it by now.

Ask someone else how to redeem extras, I've never bought anything from mogstation.

Silav101

Not sure if it is valid for you, but the after the EU fanfest, i got an email containing a code that had to be redeemed at the mogstation. After redeeming it and logging in, I had an in-game mail containing the yuna minion and 4 dreams of the fayth items, which i took to the calamity salvager to get my choice of Tidus or Yuna outfits.

creid

I don't think you get the attire in your mailbox, you get tickets that you can trade to some NPC for the attire.

Pachimari

Not sure if it is valid for you, but the after the EU fanfest, i got an email containing a code that had to be redeemed at the mogstation. After redeeming it and logging in, I had an in-game mail containing the yuna minion and 4 dreams of the fayth items, which i took to the calamity salvager to get my choice of Tidus or Yuna outfits.

I don't think you get the attire in your mailbox, you get tickets that you can trade to some NPC for the attire.

Just figured it out. Think it's beside the mailbox in Gridania where I have to exchange my tickets. Thanks.

I seriously hope I can get myself to level up to lvl 49 today.

Necrovex

Is there a way to search in-game to find anyone in the free company? I know how to off XIV, but not in the actual game however. :-(

duckroll

Today's been a pretty lewd day for Serina. First I found a good but totally ugly naked ass armor piece during the dungeon roulette:

Then after powering through a bunch of stuff, I finally completed the ARR Dragoon quest line and now I look like this:

Not sure if it's much of a visual improvement but fuuuuuuuuuck yeah my stat boost. Mmmmm. Lol.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is there a way to search in-game to find anyone in the free company? I know how to off XIV, but not in the actual game however. :-(
You can run a player search by going to the social menu. Only people currently online will show up though.

If you're looking for a gaffer to join the fc you can leave the name field blank in player search to get a list of people around you and hopefully there's a gaffer nearby. Or you can stop by the fc house in Mist Ward 1 (Large ugly house on the north east corner of the map) and use one of the afk people by the house.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I tell ya, nothing kills my urge to keep playing for the day than a bad Toto-Rak run. Ugh.

Think I'm just gonna play Nier until maint is over.

B-Dex

Once I de rust on my AST a bit more can we setup like an Alexander run? I just unlocked fist of the son or whatever. The second hand of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom