• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

So I wrote the Square Enix support today because my Stormblood pre-order bonus code is invalid, and all they send me are the same steps already listed in the email duh. Of course it still doesn't work.

dramatis

So I wrote the Square Enix support today because my Stormblood pre-order bonus code is invalid, and all they send me are the same steps already listed in the email duh. Of course it still doesn't work.
Bonus code for in-game items?

It might be because Stormblood isn't out yet......

kagamin

Love the rain in Idyllshire:
17754480252836380672_3lu8n.png

Necrovex

You can run a player search by going to the social menu. Only people currently online will show up though.

If you're looking for a gaffer to join the fc you can leave the name field blank in player search to get a list of people around you and hopefully there's a gaffer nearby. Or you can stop by the fc house in Mist Ward 1 (Large ugly house on the north east corner of the map) and use one of the afk people by the house.

Seems so backward not to have a Free Company subsearch. Appreciate the info. I'll just hope I'll find a fellow Gaffer or wait until I can hit the Mist Ward then.

This fucking game is so good at distracting me.

Woo Im level 30 Warrior! I wonder what GSM stuff I can use now?
Jumps on GSM
Oooh a ew levels off, better power up to that then I can make a bunch of sweet VIT gear.
Oh damn I need more silver ore, damn thats expensive I must be able to mine it?

Fast forward two hours and Ive run off, got my mining up to 28 odd, mined the job quest and 99 silver ore, come back and boosted GSM to 28, done two job quests as well and made shed loads of gear.

Edzi

Just had my worst party experience yet. Had a healer who refused to cast protect, and when I asked him to he responded with "protect is for beta cucks, we dun need that shit". On top of that, we had a crappy pugilist who ran ahead and aggro'd everything and didn't even bother checking party chat once. lol, I don't get people in this game sometimes.

Apoptomon

Expert Roulette landed on Baelsar's Wall for the first time last night. I only barely remembered the boss mechanics :(
Needless to say, it was sloppy all round.

kagamin

Expert Roulette landed on Baelsar's Wall for the first time last night. I only barely remembered the boss mechanics :(

Last night I had the most amazing run of Baelser's Wall, it was absolutely perfect (I was helping my friend from Malaysia do it for the first time and I was genuinely surprised at how well he did), we took minimal damage, almost all AOES were avoided, no one got hit by motion detection missiles, and I actually got to do decent DPS for my Scholar, I had my DOTs up on every single boss for a majority of the fights.

Just had my worst party experience yet. Had a healer who refused to cast protect, and when I asked him to he responded with "protect is for beta cucks, we dun need that shit". On top of that, we had a crappy pugilist who ran ahead and aggro'd everything and didn't even bother checking party chat once. lol, I don't get people in this game sometimes.
I don't cast protect in dungeons under level 20. I'd rather use my cc slot for cleric stance or another DOT then because nobody is gonna die anyway.
What dungeon was it?

wamberz1

Love running baelsars wall on DRK. A lot of huge-group-of-small-enemy pulls. love popping blood price and going ham.

Edzi

I don't cast protect in dungeons under level 20. I'd rather use my cc slot for cleric stance or another DOT then because nobody is gonna die anyway.
What dungeon was it?

The mansion. It wasn't really an issue that he wasn't casting protect, but he was kinda being a dick and the DPS was getting us into bad situations on top of that. I ended up dying once by a mob the DPS created while the healer was off doing his own thing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah I get harped on to cast protect in like, Thousand maws of totorak.

I mean I'll do it but seriously, Totorak?

Seriously.

kagamin

Ha! For Maws I can just AFK Scholar pretty much and watch YouTube video or something, except for the boss and that one part where you have to jump.

Edzi

What's the best way to level up in the 40s? I'm 43 now and finding it tough to level up just by doing fates/daily leveling roulette. I guess I could go back to grinding POTD, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should/could be doing.

katagai

You're entering it in the "Enter pre-order Bonus Code (Early Access Code)" section?

If you're entering it there and making sure all letters are capitalized and it's still not working, then yeah, definitely something wrong with your code.

Korezo

Ohh man, I just reactivated and am only ilvl190, I just wanted to do the story quests, but to progress I need ilvl200. I didn't want to sub to grind for gear, now I'm just staring at the game doing nothing..

Qvoth

there are 2 codes, the 1st that you have to redeem on the redeem site https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/en
after you redeem it there, S-E will send you the codes to redeem on mogstation like what katagai showed
at least this was how it works for me, but i preordered from greenmangaming

Ohh man, I just reactivated and am only ilvl190, I just wanted to do the story quests, but to progress I need ilvl200. I didn't want to sub to grind for gear, now I'm just staring at the game doing nothing..

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Gear_Progression
easiest way for you to raise ilvl is probably to buy the i220 stuff from market board, they're quite old so they shouldn't be expensive
and remember to buy the NQ instead of HQ which should be even cheaper, you just want to raise ilvl quickly and ditch them asap after all

duckroll

Okay, so registered a friend recruitment code, and I subbed for 180 days. But.... this has to be the worst payment/service site of a big successful game right now. Not only is it bloated with vague options (what's the difference between a subscription and a steam subscription? why is there no pricing for the steam subscription on the site? I went with the standard one but am I making a mistake?) and at the end of it... apparently I still had 11 days left, but now it shows "0 days subscribed" instead of how many days I have left. And they won't charge me to confirm the subscription until the billing cycle (free days) actually end. Okay... but... where do I view what I have subscribed to? Oh... I have to got to view Subscriptions instead of it being displayed on the main page! Erm. Idk. This is a bad site!

Does anyone know if the pricing is cheaper on Steam subscriptions uses local currency instead of USD? Should I cancel and go with Steam instead? I don't know how to get the information I want out of this stupid Mog Station! All it wants to do is sell me emotes and costumes and mounts! LOL!

Squishy3

Okay, so registered a friend recruitment code, and I subbed for 180 days. But.... this has to be the worst payment/service site of a big successful game right now. Not only is it bloated with vague options (what's the difference between a subscription and a steam subscription? why is there no pricing for the steam subscription on the site? I went with the standard one but am I making a mistake?) and at the end of it... apparently I still had 11 days left, but now it shows "0 days subscribed" instead of how many days I have left. And they won't charge me to confirm the subscription until the billing cycle (free days) actually end. Okay... but... where do I view what I have subscribed to? Oh... I have to got to view Subscriptions instead of it being displayed on the main page! Erm. Idk. This is a bad site!

Does anyone know if the pricing is cheaper on Steam subscriptions uses local currency instead of USD? Should I cancel and go with Steam instead? I don't know how to get the information I want out of this stupid Mog Station! All it wants to do is sell me emotes and costumes and mounts! LOL!
No idea about the local currency stuff (I'd be willing to bet Square prices it so it's reflective of what it costs in other countries after exchange rate, though?) but the difference between a regular subscription (via CC or paypal through crysta) and a steam subscription is you can use steam wallet funds (so stuff made from marketplace sales/steam gift cards) but obviously that option's only available to people who bought the game through steam.

But yeah, you're right. the 180 days subbed won't take effect until your free 30 days from buying the game in the first place run out.

Aren't non steam and steam accounts separate?

I think if you buy on steam you have to start all over.

I could be wrong though so might want to double check before you spend any money.

Squishy3

Aren't non steam and steam accounts separate?

I think if you buy on steam you have to start all over.

I could be wrong though so might want to double check before you spend any money.
The option only shows up if you bought through steam in the first place, it doesn't show up if you didn't. This isn't regarding buying XIV on Steam (I'm guessing Duckroll already did that judging by the steam subscription option showing up in their account) and paying for the subscription through the Steam wallet.

duckroll

Yes, I bought the game on Steam, I know about the Steam/Regular difference crap (which is also really dumb!), but now I'm looking at another layer of confusion for the subs. This is very clearly a platform which was developed to support a single product available in a single way. And then they started to hack in more options as the game expanded, and the options are all really awkward. Lol.

draw4wild

If I haven't unlocked Churning Mists and Dravanian Hinterlands yet, can I use someone else's teleport to get there? Missing out on a lot of hunt targets because I can't get to those zones.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If I haven't unlocked Churning Mists and Dravanian Hinterlands yet, can I use someone else's teleport to get there? Missing out on a lot of hunt targets because I can't get to those zones.

To be honest, doing hunts in those area's is going to be very tough until you clear the story in those areas, and unlock flying. Gaining access to them won't be enough. ESPECIALLY for Churning Mists.

KuroNeeko

Just a question for gatherers / crafters.

I've been taking a bit of a break from dungeons to work on gathering and crafting. My DoW class is at 46.

I have most of my crafting up to about 15; BTN and MIN are about 20+ish. Fishing is at 10. I'm trying to level up all my crafting classes at the same time, but use BTN and MIN to grab the stuff that is either hard to find or really expensive on the MB. Do (or did) you find it easier to level BTN / MIN ahead of your crafting curve (at the cost of not having up-to-date or HQ gathering gear) or better to craft ahead (to get NQ or lucky HQ gathering gear) and then "catch up" with gathering?

It's pretty fun so far, but so, so time consuming. Just doing the GC turn-ins take a long time since I have to run around gathering mats. Really good for earning seals though.

iammeiam

Um. Either datamining is wrong, or Diadem is hilarious:

Findings so far
Item Level 280 weapons. "Coven"-themed stuff. Pink gear (Rarity of '7'), so they don't have substats. They'll have random stats beyond the guaranteed primary stats.
RANDOM example: Coven Blade, GLA/PLD Sword, i280, +144 strength, +153 vitality. That's it.

If true, Diadem weapons have the potential to blow everything out of the water. Surpassing raid weapons is kind of a non-issue now but RIP relics.

Dresden

Just do some pvp? The Garo gear is ilvl 235, and I filled out the accessories with lore gear from Idyllshire.

iammeiam

I'm actually upset about this.

Justifiable, IMO. I don't particularly care that Diadem weapons outclass Creator, but if these things are actually obtainable, it's a spectacular undercut of the relic for no readily understandable reason beyond trying to force people who wouldn't Diadem normally to Diadem for BiS. 270 would be fine, even 275 constrained to a normal secondary budget would still preserve relic's BiS nature as reward for the bullshit grind.

It also makes not putting gobdip in the 24-man pool pretty much as soon as 3.5 hit completely illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom