• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartfyre

Ornate items are the five-open-slots items that come from 3-lining the weekly Wondrous Tails. Yes, it's just body pieces.

It's just so great that there's another method to get them now. I've found I'm stuck in this cyclical problem where you can't craft or gather better gear or mats because you don't have better gear. The grind is still fierce to slowly claw your way up there, or you can spend millions of gil, neither of which is very tempting at this stage of the patch cycle.

That little miqo'te will be getting so many feckin' seals from me, she'll be running out of shelf space.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It's just so great that there's another method to get them now. I've found I'm stuck in this cyclical problem where you can't craft or gather better gear or mats because you don't have better gear. The grind is still fierce to slowly claw your way up there, or you can spend millions of gil, neither of which is very tempting at this stage of the patch cycle.

That little miqo'te will be getting so many feckin' seals from me, she'll be running out of shelf space.

You realize the chances of getting 3-lines are extremely low though, right? Without the shuffle function it's 0.2%.

Heartfyre

You realize the chances of getting 3-lines are extremely low though, right? Without the shuffle function it's 0.2%.

Hm, perhaps I didn't read into how it all works closely enough. I thought each seal comes from a randomly-chosen objective. Now that I look more closely, it appears the seals themselves are random as well. Definitely makes it...RNGy.

Qvoth

didn't realize the maintenance starts today :O
was thinking of getting my DD save files to floor 50 so i can immediately jump in
wtzgU.gif

ebil

...Why? Did people really care about cornering the market on stuff that's like 2k gil?
Last time I mentioned that I would like this system to be changed to eliminate grades I got told that it would be a disaster for money making so I'd say some people do care, greatly.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and we're getting a glamour log in 4.0.

Wilsongt

So 270 gear is our final iLevel until next year. Not too bad.

I bet Wonderous Tails will include a lot of extreme primals.

Good luck getting your three lines doin Niddy and Sephi EX. via roulette.

Last time I mentioned that I would like this system to be changed to eliminate grades I got told that it would be a disaster for money making so I'd say some people do care, greatly.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and we're getting a glamour log in 4.0.
Its a disaster for some and an opportunity for others. Empty prisms might finally be worth something.

Wilsongt

Its a disaster for some and an opportunity for others. Empty prisms might finally be worth something.

At least they'll be less bullshit clear prisms falling into my inventory from expert. Only one grade as opposed to four slots being taken up.

I barely glamour anyway so it doesn't bother me one way or another.

Dargor

Hello guys, is there any drawbacks if I don't get any of the crafting classes with a char?

There are so many that I think I'll only up (some of) them once. Not the biggest fan of crafting stuff, though I'll try doing it in this game cuz I see alot of people crafting around Limsa Lominsa.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hello guys, is there any drawbacks if I don't get any of the crafting classes with a char?

There are so many that I think I'll only up (some of) them once. Not the biggest fan of crafting stuff, though I'll try doing it in this game cuz I see alot of people crafting around Limsa Lominsa.

It's a slow grind, but if you just want to casually level a craft, take a few minutes each day and do the Ixali beast-tribe quests (and later the moggle tribe quests past 60). They provide materials, so it's free.

MechaX

In terms of getting caught up after the patch in terms of lore gear, I have been out of the loop, but doesn't the lore weapon require a tomestone or 4x Midan Gears? I didn't see the patch notes mentioning a removal of the gear cap, but I would expect it would. I am trying to see if I should spend the time to get some alt classes caught up, or if I should just keep building my BRD since it has the PotD Glow Bow.

... Now that I think of it, I haven't even cleared any of Midas normal yet. I am way too far behind on the times in this game now
and I will be stuck as a BRD forever.

Dargor

It's a slow grind, but if you just want to casually level a craft, take a few minutes each day and do the Ixali beast-tribe quests (and later the moggle tribe quests past 60). They provide materials, so it's free.

But does it cause any problems if I don't up them?

Like, if you haven't upped a blacksmith you'll have a hard time getting X weapon?

Ken

But does it cause any problems if I don't up them?

Like, if you haven't upped a blacksmith you'll have a hard time getting X weapon?

No. Just ask someone else to craft it for you.

In terms of getting caught up after the patch in terms of lore gear, I have been out of the loop, but doesn't the lore weapon require a tomestone or 4x Midan Gears? I didn't see the patch notes mentioning a removal of the gear cap, but I would expect it would. I am trying to see if I should spend the time to get some alt classes caught up, or if I should just keep building my BRD since it has the PotD Glow Bow.

... Now that I think of it, I haven't even cleared any of Midas normal yet. I am way too far behind on the times in this game now
and I will be stuck as a BRD forever.

Gear cap was removed last patch already.

Man, I hope there is a free weekend coming up soon. I might sneak in and at least clear the story parts of this patch. Rise of Iron kind of has me pre-occupied at the moment.

TalonJH

I was reading the full patch notes and noticed that the Alexander: The Creator (Savage) quest "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Retells Your Story" is a reference to a song "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who tells Your Story" from the musical, Hamilton.

There are a bunch of references like that. Favourite one is "Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro".
Yeah, I always liked that one as well.

First thing I'm going to do is check out the new hairstyles.

I was reading the full patch notes and noticed that the Alexander: The Creator (Savage) quest "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Retells Your Story" is a reference to a song "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who tells Your Story" from the musical, Hamilton.

There are a bunch of references like that. Favourite one is "Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro".

Sifl

I hope I can get on before anyone buys all those Battlecraft 3 Demi's I put on the mb.

So I can raise the price.

Heartfyre

Seeing "Biggs and Wedge's Excellent Adventure" had me laughing for a solid thirty seconds. It works on so many levels.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Glad the new graphics update is default on PS4 now. It's really nice but most players probably never even knew the setting was there.

Sifl

So the new weapons need Demicrystals to craft, which can only be obtained by desynthesizing spiritbonded heavensward weapons? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say clearing Sophia ex will be easier and less time consuming.

creid

So the new weapons need Demicrystals to craft, which can only be obtained by desynthesizing spiritbonded heavensward weapons? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say clearing Sophia ex will be easier and less time consuming.
They shouldn't need to be spiritbonded.

I was considering getting an apartment but I would only get one if everyone else in the building was a Lalafell and they were the only race allowed. Don't want Miqo'tes leaving kitty litter sand everywhere.

Sifl

They shouldn't need to be spiritbonded.
Yea, someone pointed out that they have similar description to mastercraft demimateria, which is where the speculation of spiritbonding came from. So probably won't need spiritbonding, hopefully.

Wilsongt

I spent a lot of poetics for sand. What else am I going to spend it on?

Between poetics and the Leve spam trick, I was never short on sand.

Leve spam trick is decent for about 15 or so out of 100. Blue scripts is still the fatest, if you are a crafter and gather your own mats.

How are you doing on your relic? D: you'll have your book before. then again I switched over to bard mage main a couple of patches ago.

Reknoc

Yeah, I always liked that one as well.

like, 75% of the quest names seem to be puns/references. My favourite is a dragonhead leve called "We'll dismember it for you wholesale"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom