• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

I think you'll be fine. There are 90 apartments per building, 24 subdivisions. And three nations. That 6,480 per server. I don't think there will be much a problem in finding one. Though, if you and friends all want to get one, it might be nice to get one all in the same subdivision.
Cool, I guess I'll try and get one tomorrow morning.

Where are most people buying their apartment on Ultros? The Mist? I can't decide, so i'll go where the people are. Lily Hills is my second pick because Marzipan is a Gridania Girl at heart.

Sorian

Banned
Ul'dah is the best, the other two city-states are for filthy peasants.

I'm not buying an apartment, housing is dumb

Stealth edit: Individual housing, group/guild/fc housing is good.

Where are most people buying their apartment on Ultros? The Mist? I can't decide, so i'll go where the people are. Lily Hills is my second pick because Marzipan is a Gridania Girl at heart.

I'm stuck between Mist and Goblet...

Goblet is where I want it, but being close to FC housing.. :x

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

non instanced housing is dumb. I've seen past MMOs do away with that because there would be a monopoly in the real estate markets of those games. Nothing but a bunch of hardcore elitists ruining everything for us filthy little casuals.

my apartment is just going to be a void coffin.

apartments are for people with money. my own personal sealife centre dream is dead.
mhachi matter is paying for mine. i'm crossing my fingers that material prices explode after the patch.

aw man, haven't played in like 2 weeks and the day when i want to finally sit down and just kill like an hour or 2 the game is down for maintenance :(.

Einhander

Anyone playing on Jenova? I formed a Free Company with a friend some months back, and we have over 100 members. We've built up a pretty chill group. There is no elitism and no one feels left out. The Free Company is The Zodiacs. Let us know if you want to join if you're on that server.

I was in an awesome Party Finder party last night. We ran the majority of the Extreme primal fights, with the exception of Ravana EX, Bismarck EX, and Sephirot EX. Sephirot EX is fucking hard. But anyway, we kept running Leviathan EX and I got a pony drop!

I'm all caught up with the main story quest. Ready for the 3.4 patch, Soul Surrender. Although before I start the new content, I'd like to finish getting all the Midan gear from Alexander.

Omni

Anyone playing on Jenova? I formed a Free Company with a friend some months back, and we have over 100 members. We've built up a pretty chill group. There is no elitism and no one feels left out. The Free Company is The Zodiacs. Let us know if you want to join if you're on that server.

I was in an awesome Party Finder party last night. We ran the majority of the Extreme primal fights, with the exception of Ravana EX, Bismarck EX, and Sephirot EX. Sephirot EX is fucking hard. But anyway, we kept running Leviathan EX and I got a pony drop!

I'm all caught up with the main story quest. Ready for the 3.4 patch, Soul Surrender. Although before I start the new content, I'd like to finish getting all the Midan gear from Alexander.
You find Seph ex harder than Thordan or Nidhogg? Hmmm

Squishy3

it's really hard for 4 people to make sure both towers are covered

outside of really a few parts of thordan and nidhogg i'd argue it's really hard for one person to cause a wipe while the orange debuff towers come up twice in sephirot. haven't done it since i already have the bird so I don't know if you can skip the second rotation yet with current gear levels. probably gonna be possible with the gear from this patch though

i'm curious to see what the % cutoff is gonna be for nidhogg's second form though

Einhander

I didn't say anything about one being harder than the other, so I'm not sure how you got that out of my post. I haven't attempted Nidhogg EX, but I'm sure it's challenging. I don't enjoy running Nidhogg Normal. Thordan EX isn't hard. Harder than normal, sure, but that's not saying much. We didn't run either of those fights either.

Omni

I didn't say anything about one being harder than the other, so I'm not sure how you got that out of my post. I haven't attempted Nidhogg EX, but I'm sure it's challenging. I don't enjoy running Nidhogg Normal. Thordan EX isn't hard. Harder than normal, sure, but that's not saying much. We didn't run either of those fights either.
Well you mentioned Seph ex as being specifically hard, so yanno. That's why xD

I found Thordan ex to be rather difficult back in i200-i210 stuff. Suppose it's lots easier now. But even on a mechanical level.

aceface

Thordan ex is easy now with echo and gear. A group I was in this past week cleared it with 2 completely new people (and the rest of us having forgotten most of the mechanics) on the third pull. Especially with echo you can just cheese mechanics and not die.

Squishy3

even with tons of fuckups and deaths to things like dragoon jump + divebomb you're fine in thordan. there's so much time to kill him now

Qvoth

i remember there was an optimal path of spending the new tomes when it came on 3.3
anyone still has that? i'm assuming it's going to be the same for this patch

Squishy3

yeah but you'll need 7 alexandrian gears from normal creator or clear a10s for the micro tomestone, so 7 weeks minimum for the scripture weapon if not doing savage

so if not doing savage, clear creator normal once a week for the gear, cap out lore 4 weeks in a row and purchase body/legs (or whatever won't mess up your stats in a way that affects you negatively, like dragoon's getting too much skill speed) and then save up for the next 3 weeks for the weapon

upgrade weapon first then body/legs i think then head/gloves/feet or something like that.

If you don't care about crafted, then yeah, get the expensive parts out of the way first. They take the longest to get tokens for from normal as well, so spacing all those slots is the smartest way.

Go crafted if you can though. Some pieces will undoubtedly be trash, but if you don't care about secondaries then ignore all of this. That way, you have a third avenue which cuts down on how fast you can hear up considerably

The week 2 chest piece is basically the most important one since you won't upgrade it for the longest even if it isn't Bis and it gives the most stats.

Thordan ex is easy now with echo and gear. A group I was in this past week cleared it with 2 completely new people (and the rest of us having forgotten most of the mechanics) on the third pull. Especially with echo you can just cheese mechanics and not die.
Yeah but I'm super awesome, so you have to take that into account, you know.

Omni

Wow download speeds have crawled to a halt. Don't think it's my connection as everything else is fine.

"Time remaining: 432 minutes"

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Far Eastern dress isn't the chinese dress, it's the korean dress.
Substats on Shire and Alex weapons are exquisite garbage.
Why am I still playing this piece of shit game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom