• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they're not planning on bringing back races from older games and are instead only going to be making new ones. 3.0's Au'Ra were completely new for Final Fantasy, so it makes sense that the new race (if there is one) will be something completely new.

In that case I wouldn't mind something inspired by Oni.

I'd love to play as a moogle honestly.

Eldren

I wonder if they're not planning on bringing back races from older games and are instead only going to be making new ones. 3.0's Au'Ra were completely new for Final Fantasy, so it makes sense that the new race (if there is one) will be something completely new.

In that case I wouldn't mind something inspired by Oni.

As nice as it would be to see new races, I think I'd rather they improve the current character creator first. Combine all the facial features to be used on any face (right now certain scars can only be used on specific faces, Au Ra horns being face-locked, different eye shapes etc) and that alone would lead to a big improvement in variety. More sliders would be nice too, so hopefully once they drop PS3 support they might work on these things.

Anyway my FC just helped me clear all of Coil just in time for the patch so hi:
o4uOS4G.jpg

Valor

I really feel like they've screwed over WHM with those AST buffs. That balance card potency increase was completely unnecessary. It was already more or less on par with WHM before. Now the amount of utility it's going to bring completely outweights anything WHM can ever hope to bring to the party. Cure III is nice and all but when is that ever required these days.
All the time in A8S. Exceedingly beneficial during J Waves. There are many parts of Midas Savage where Cure III is very helpful, especially when gear levels weren't 240.

The DPS requirement in Creator is going to be on par with if not lower than Midas, and Midas' bar is very low. WHM still brings more raw healing to the party and the best personal DPS of any healer. Noct AST on paper brings about the same to the table to rep a SCH as Diurnal AST brings to rep a WHM. A poor imitation, but still enough to get by.

Omni

All the time in A8S. Exceedingly beneficial during J Waves. There are many parts of Midas Savage where Cure III is very helpful, especially when gear levels weren't 240.

The DPS requirement in Creator is going to be on par with if not lower than Midas, and Midas' bar is very low. WHM still brings more raw healing to the party and the best personal DPS of any healer. Noct AST on paper brings about the same to the table to rep a SCH as Diurnal AST brings to rep a WHM. A poor imitation, but still enough to get by.
Only ever made it to A7s myself so I suppose I can't really comment on that. Read a little about it and people seemed to think AST is fine there buuut.

I guess we'll see how it plays out either way! I wish 4.0 was sooner though. The entire job needs a complete rework

BLCKATK

I haven't seriously played in over 3 weeks or so. I'm excited for the patch but have nobody to play it with. My FC was a small group of players and due to boredom and drama pretty much everyone has quit, I'm pretty bummed out about it. Want to return for Alexander but going through blind with randoms doesn't sound that fun. Might take a break from MMOs after I do the story and Alex Normal content, I've honestly had a pretty tough time rebuilding my community/making friends on Balmung as large as the server is.

Here is my character, pretty attached to him.

CLBridges

Looking forward to 3.4, especially the conclusion to Alexander. I might even dabble with some of the DoL and DoH classes. Three years of playing this game and none over level 30 smh. AST is gonna be a beast.

As nice as it would be to see new races, I think I'd rather they improve the current character creator first. Combine all the facial features to be used on any face (right now certain scars can only be used on specific faces, Au Ra horns being face-locked, different eye shapes etc) and that alone would lead to a big improvement in variety. More sliders would be nice too, so hopefully once they drop PS3 support they might work on these things.

Anyway my FC just helped me clear all of Coil just in time for the patch so hi:

I would like improvements to the character creator but they need a new race to grab people and fuel some more fantasia sales.

Things they could base a new race off of;

Oni
Monkey King/Wukong
Gundam
Turtles
Cabbage Patch Kids
etc

Hmmmm I haven't played since the OG launch, ran a DRG to the end and completed the story, never got any of the extra gear but had a fun as hell of a time playing it.

Been so long I don't know if I want to start new or just pick up from basic N00B DRG.

I want a Nana Bear.

Hmmmm I haven't played since the OG launch, ran a DRG to the end and completed the story, never got any of the extra gear but had a fun as hell of a time playing it.

Been so long I don't know if I want to start new or just pick up from basic N00B DRG.
Use the same character so you can continue the story, you have better content ahead of you.

I want a Nana Bear.

Use the same character so you can continue the story, you have better content ahead of you.
But isn't getting a uber weapon crafted part of the requirement to forward the story? I just remember my LS (or whatever it's called) was all over the place and teaming up with random people to do those was a nightmare.

But isn't getting a uber weapon crafted part of the requirement to forward the story? I just remember my LS (or whatever it's called) was all over the place and teaming up with random people to do those was a nightmare.
Nope, that's not part of the story and you can skip it. There's a new version of that weapon but you wouldn't need to worry about that for a long time. You need to catch up on the story and go through the 50-60 content.

Nope, that's not part of the story and you can skip it. There's a new version of that weapon but you wouldn't need to worry about that for a long time. You need to catch up on the story and go through the 50-60 content.
Sweet Jesus I may have to think about starting ba k up again.

Is there a GAF LS? Starting back up again I know I wouldn't be able to contribute much. Is there a LS for general players? And like I said LS probably isn't the term used (I just remember from XI, and my memory for XIV is still ugh)

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Is there a GAF LS? Starting back up again I know I wouldn't be able to contribute much. Is there a LS for general players? And like I said LS probably isn't the term used (I just remember from XI, and my memory for XIV is still ugh)

Ultros and Sargatanas at least have GAF groups; I think one of the European servers has one too but not sure which.

The first post of this thread contains information about applying for the GAF FC on Ultros.

Ken

Link shells are chat rooms. free companies are guilds. Gaf fc has a lot of room so if you aren't in a fc you can just join it since we don't have a single central gaf LS

Ok so I have a PS3 FFXIV acct.

I have a ps4, and codes for both the PS4 XIV CE and PS4 Heavensward CE.

Should I just load up the PS4 with the original game disc?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ok so I have a PS3 FFXIV acct.

I have a ps4, and codes for both the PS4 XIV CE and PS4 Heavensward CE.

Should I just load up the PS4 with the original game disc?
Might as well just put in the codes and let it download the game so you won't have to bother with the disc to launch the game.

Heartfyre

So, my understanding of the upcoming maintenance period is that the entire game will be offline for a 24-hour period tomorrow before 3.4 comes out?

Bit much, innit?

syoaran

Quick question - I'm on Ultros but moved from PC to PS4 as a my main device to play. PC ping Ultros was pretty dreadful until I got battleping - is there something to use for PS4 players or am I doomed to have lag?

Ken

So, my understanding of the upcoming maintenance period is that the entire game will be offline for a 24-hour period tomorrow before 3.4 comes out?

Bit much, innit?

Not the first time they've had 24 hour maintenance for patches. It'll be fine!

Heartfyre

Not the first time they've had 24 hour maintenance for patches. It'll be fine!

This is only the second major patch I've seen, and the last was only three hours as I recall. Guess I have to do something else tomorrow, and cap everything today!

aceface

Every time they add new housing it takes this long. They have to go into the server room and turn everything off and back on a few times then install adobe reader.

So it looks like the best spot to log out would be at House Fortemps in Ishgard since that's where the MSQ picks up.

Give me a Wolf Girl race and I'll ditch my cat girl.

Wolves could be good too. Whatever they do I hope that the new race looks tough because I've been meaning to make a cool tough looking female character and I'm not satisfied with the current options (Highlander/Roegadeyn). Some more variety would be good imo.

The loading times tho

You could log out inside the house itself, I don't think many people will be doing that.

Although it depends on what you want to get first because there are things other than the MSQ to do in this patch.

Reminds me of when Heavensward came out and people were looking for the best place to log out to avoid the area queue upon logging back in.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am on a business trip this week, so I won't get to log in until Thursday. I guess that should help me avoid some queue times.

You could log out inside the house itself, I don't think many people will be doing that.

Although it depends on what you want to get first because there are things other than the MSQ to do in this patch.

Yes, but presumably the MSQ will unlock the new dungeons.

Leunam

The only prerequisite for Sophia should be completing that one instance where you fought Regula Van Hydrus. Warring Triad has been separate from the MSQ so far.

Valor

Mmm maybe, but I was under the impression that the Warring Triad was moving to MSQ now that the dragonsong war is over.

Maybe my impressions were off!

Yup you guys are right. The Pre-req is The Fate of Stars quest, so it's still continued as part of that story. I think I got mixed up somewhere along the lines. Not the first or last time that'll happen.

Before I forget, here's my current look
Mmm maybe, but I was under the impression that the Warring Triad was moving to MSQ now that the dragonsong war is over.

Maybe my impressions were off!

Yup you guys are right. The Pre-req is The Fate of Stars quest, so it's still continued as part of that story. I think I got mixed up somewhere along the lines. Not the first or last time that'll happen.
Warring Triad stuff will probably converge with the MSQ by 3.55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom