• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious but has anyone tried farming a11s ever since the patch? I think I got 1 clear out of the few hours I tried this week. Man, I'm about sick of the fight now. All I wanted was to pick up the mnk pants for samurai since the gear is shared and I'll have something decent if I play it at 60. I just feel the parties are worse...
A11S is the most volatile fight in the tier so I'd imagine trying to do it with different groups must be a fucking nightmare.

IvorB

I regret asking the stupid question when I was really early in HW. I started playing today's session and completing the questlines for the two brothers early on totally made me see the different in the story direction. Instead of petty shit leading into nothing, both questlines started mundane but got interesting real quick and had really nice conclusions which immediately introduced major elements in the new story's setting. Lol!

The story that launched with the expansion itself was probably one of the best in any game I've played. As everyone says: you feel like you're on a quest with a party like a mainline FF game. Some of the revelations and events that happen are pretty mind-blowing. Personally, I don't think they managed to maintain that standard through the patches but hey ho.

IvorB

WWE Has Teamed Up With FFXIV.

WUI3taY.png

And it appears not to be an April 1st joke .

7fac2c1d-d8a8-4057-876d-43e833f37c7a.gif

A11S is the most volatile fight in the tier so I'd imagine trying to do it with different groups must be a fucking nightmare.

Yeah, it really is a nightmare. Stuff like a9s and 10s can be solo healed in PUGS cause I've done it easily but 11s is really when things start to fall apart. People can't skip lapis even with echo from what I've played. Skipping lapis speeds up the fight and since it is a pretty long fight... at least knowing you have the short cut will hopefully keep people from quitting.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMFG guys

The WWE wrestlers are cosplaying FFXIV gear haha

Chocobo and Moogles

Kofi is Red Mage attire, haha
If you got WWE Network, FFXIV is sponsoring Wrestlemania

Wazzy

Banned
lmao at the WWE images.

Also I finally got all of my Garo mounts and even a Fenrir Pup drop! I was hoping for one more so i could sell one but oh well. I'm just happy I finally have the minion and all the achievement mounts from Garo event.

Now I'll just focus on dailies and levelling my Dark Knight up. I might also do some more Sophia farming or Thordan.

Kenai

Hahahaha even the audience is going WTF.

I understand nothing but that's ok! I just want wrestling emotes and glamours real bad now, don't be a tease and do nothing in game with this SE.

Okay seriously, this has to be the next Primal.

The Scorpion King (Extreme)

So first it's just The Rock in the squared circle. You fight him, his tankbuster move is the "Rock Bottom" and yes he grabs the MT and animates it. At 66%, he shouts "It doesn't matter if these jabronis are hitting The Rock or not!", this is when the OT needs to swap in because each Rock Bottom puts a vulnerability stack on the MT.

The OT swaps in, and The Rock grabs him and flies up into the air and slams him down in the center of the ring. Then he animates running back and forth and drops the People's Elbow on the OT, during this animation the MT must use Tank LB3 or the party wipes. The whole arena shakes and collapses, and then...

We pop out in an ancient looking arena with no rails and The Rock shouts "The Rock is going to take your silly little weapons, shine 'em up real nice, turn 'em sideways, and STICK THEM STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY ASSES!"

Then he transforms into The Scorpion King. The remainder of the fight is against The Scorpion King. He turns around and raises his tail and that's his Landslide attack. He also charges across the arena and damages a cone in front of him and knocks anyone in his path back. Of course, from time to time there will be tethers and he also jumps up and down on the arena, requiring players to move away from where he lands or they are thrown off the arena.

At the end, if you defeat him, he turns back into The Rock and simply says "The Rock can't believe these roody-poo jabronis actually tired The Rock out! It doesn't matter if The Rock wins this time or not, because The Rock will be back!"

Then he leaves and you win the fight.

So, I've been catching up the side-story regarding The Warring Triad. And, well...

THIS IS A STORY SPOILER
Why is it that the moment an Imperial Legatus becomes interesting in this game, they immediately kill him?

That's where I stop, "yeaaah, that's good enough".

"I slaughtered enough innocents this week to slake the thirst of the Blood God. Next week, I shall try to be more murderous!"

So, I've been catching up the side-story regarding The Warring Triad. And, well...

THIS IS A STORY SPOILER
Why is it that the moment an Imperial Legatus becomes interesting in this game, they immediately kill him?

"I slaughtered enough innocents this week to slake the thirst of the Blood God. Next week, I shall try to be more murderous!"

Yeah, I thought that was a bit lame because I liked him.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
FC came together and we made a Mog House for my personal house since the FC leader was tired of me telling him to mog-up the FC mansion.

NSCiUzK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom