• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Rather than play through HW like I should be, or continuing to level BTN like I was last week, I got MRD to 17, and GLD to 8... Think I'm ready for babby's first tanking.
Will probably get MRD to 18 just so I have access to Maim first

Qvoth

giving away heckmanimation's amazon codes for the eastern attire and the staff since they're kinda meh for me, i already redeemed the cloud mount
this is for attire
this is for staff
they're to be redeemed in mogstation, not the ffxivredeem site

quoting for new page, need to quote my original post to see the codes

Kudo

Lalafell best race.

I'm so hyped to get my Lala Samurai on the road.

Ay1KPQ4.jpg

Redx508

for the new page
5Ig4dkZ.jpg

Memories of Heavensward - Ultros GAF Screenshot Contest

Stormblood is almost upon us, so for the month of May we'll relive the glorious (and not so glorious) memories of Heavensward.

To participate, submit a screenshot (yours only, please) of someplace in Heavensward that you may have a fond memory of (or just a liking for). If you are a new player, get a picture of whatever. I suggest you share your weird thoughts and anecdotes about Heavensward with the screenshot as well. Please include in your submission that you are submitting a screenshot for the HW Ultros GAF screenshot contest.

Players can only enter once, so you can post multiple screenshots but you will have only one entry.

Winner will be selected at random.

The prize is a date with Sosul Mars your choice of one of the following:
Wind-up Garuda
Wind-up Ifrit
Wind-up Leviathan
Wind-up Ramuh
Wind-up Shiva
Wind-up Titan
If you already have all of the above, you'll receive a carry through Aurum Vale.

Entries will be accepted until May 31st. Post in the GAF FF14 OT, link with @[officer name] on the Discord server, or send a tell in game to an officer.

Post a screenshot once you're settled.

Yooo FFXIV-GAF, that's me! EDIT: You'll find me as "Roek Sevalli" in-game, someone was nice enough to accept my application for the Free Company already! I made kind of a last-second decision after playing a fresh character for about 2 hours to just transfer and continue playing my old FFXIV PLD that hasn't been played since 2014. I also bought a Fantasia to use on him, and now he's sporting a super-mullet... But I'm going to just call it a super mane. <_<

He's lv50, I got him to lv50 like 2 weeks after ARR launch and really focused on making PLD-only progression as I played, so all my other classes are trash levels, including my crafting classes. Only played for about 2 months following launch, so he's way, way, way behind. His current main quest is "Hest of the Best" or something to that effect -- gotta catch up on old Guildhests before it shows up on my Duty Finder.

I like the new Novice Channel/Mentor stuff, reminds me of FFXI *and* will probably prove to be quite a valuable resource in working me back into the game. My hotbars still have all the major skills I used to use, it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of the rotation.

Luigi87

Yooo FFXIV-GAF, that's me! EDIT: You'll find me as "Roek Sevalli" in-game, someone was nice enough to accept my application for the Free Company already! I made kind of a last-second decision after playing a fresh character for about 2 hours to just transfer and continue playing my old FFXIV PLD that hasn't been played since 2014. I also bought a Fantasia to use on him, and now he's sporting a super-mullet... But I'm going to just call it a super mane. <_<

He's lv50, I got him to lv50 like 2 weeks after ARR launch and really focused on making PLD-only progression as I played, so all my other classes are trash levels, including my crafting classes. Only played for about 2 months following launch, so he's way, way, way behind. His current main quest is "Hest of the Best" or something to that effect -- gotta catch up on old Guildhests before it shows up on my Duty Finder.

I like the new Novice Channel/Mentor stuff, reminds me of FFXI *and* will probably prove to be quite a valuable resource in working me back into the game. My hotbars still have all the major skills I used to use, it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of the rotation.

Good thing I read this whole post, 'cause as soon as I saw the picture I went "The hell, that ain't no level 1!" lol

Mr Croft

Rather than play through HW like I should be, or continuing to level BTN like I was last week, I got MRD to 17, and GLD to 8... Think I'm ready for babby's first tanking.
Will probably get MRD to 18 just so I have access to Maim first

I would do this.

Edit : is there cross linkshell? Or is that coming in the patch.

Edit 2: I know they talked about nerfing WAR I can only assume they mean it as an off tank by nerfing the damage?

About to get Stormblood from Best Buy, but of course its physical. Does anyway remember when Havensward came out that once you actually pop it in the PS4, do you need the disc anymore?

When Havensward I simply got the digital.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
About to get Stormblood from Best Buy, but of course its physical. Does anyway remember when Havensward came out that once you actually pop it in the PS4, do you need the disc anymore?

When Havensward I simply got the digital.
Don't need it, just use the early access code and then register the retail code when the game is out. Do not insert the disc into the console.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Third one looks like they took a chocobo race track and made it a dungeon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Asian dungeon just gives me flashbacks to Pandaria.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Straight lines for days!
Even when it's open air, it's still carefully walled off!
Is this a Disneyland ride or a video game!

And yeah that temple place is basically in Pandaria, entire Yanxia looks like discolored Pandaria, which is unfortunate, because being super colorful is the best part about Pandaria.

Haly

What is a tactical map and why is it bad/good?

Haly

1) Don't grind A1S outside of bonus windows
2) Do some A9S and A10S to break up the monotony, they reward well even outside of bonus windows

Haly

Practically speaking, they're the best weapons in the game. Technically, no, Diadem weapons with their RNG stats could potentially be better.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Instagram thing theyve been hyping is some concept art theyre releasing in pieces. Here's the first 2 stitched together:

Caption for day 2: ffxiv: Is that... a tactical map?

what do ya know, lalafel don't look quite so fucking abominable in artistic renderings.

Foxxsoxx

On quest 23 out of 100 on the route to play Heavensward.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why on Earth are there so many requirements just to play an expansion?

I can understand doing it if you want to, but there are way too many quests, and they seem incredibly filler. I've had 2 out of 23 that have actually had something happen so far.

Anyway, my point is this can't have a positive impact on new players wanting to join.

I want to play a dark knight so all I have to do is every single quest leading up to it, then restart with leveling up again just to play the class I want to play.

I like a lot of the things about the game, but this constant teleporting to one part of the other just to turn in a quest is really getting to me.

Does the quest design improve in Heavensward? So much filler, so much...

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why on Earth are there so many requirements just to play an expansion?

I can understand doing it if you want to, but there are way too many quests, and they seem incredibly filler. I've had 2 out of 23 that have actually had something happen so far.

Anyway, my point is this can't have a positive impact on new players wanting to join.

I want to play a dark knight so all I have to do is every single quest leading up to it, then restart with leveling up again just to play the class I want to play.

I like a lot of the things about the game, but this constant teleporting to one part of the other just to turn in a quest is really getting to me.

The 2.x series patches were fine if you did them as they came out.

A different story if you're doing them all at once.

The Heavensward jobs requiring you to enter Heavenswards areas to unlock was dumb and they realized that since Red Mage and Samurai only require that you reach level 50 and complete the base story IIRC so new players who want to play Red Mage and Samurai won't have to go back to old content to level them like you do with Dark Knight, Machinist and Astrologian.

loool

Man, I barely remember how to move, thinking about it, I realized is been two years or almost 2 years?

Also there's so many requeriments for a world transfer and I can just get 1 million with me? The fuck, that's pocket change, I barely have 3 million but that's without any kind of crafting/gathering job...

Foxxsoxx

The 2.x series patches were fine if you did them as they came out.

A different story if you're doing them all at once.

The Heavensward jobs requiring you to enter Heavenswards areas to unlock was dumb and they realized that since Red Mage and Samurai only require that you reach level 50 and complete the base story IIRC so new players who want to play Red Mage and Samurai won't have to go back to old content to level them like you do with Dark Knight, Machinist and Astrologian.

Mm just seems odd they never patched in another way to play HW classes after it came out.

I like FF14 but I wouldn't call it streamlined at all, which is what I think it really needs to become something great.

I don't know, maybe I'm just in the minority. I'll keep with it though. I hear nothing but good stuff about HW.

Well, it's added content on from A Realm Reborn, so at the time that these quests were released Heavensward wasn't there yet.

Still, having them as a requirement is a bit much. It could have been thought out much better than it does at the moment.

WoW obviously makes leveling a joke, and this game makes it a huge grind just to get to current content. I feel a nice balance could have been made.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

The only reason it feels so much like filler to you is because your trying to rush through what is at this point the culmination of nearly 4 years of content.

The game is very story focused and the Developers seem to want players to be engrossed with the story and if they have force a player to go through all of the story they will do it but I heard that they will be giving new players the ability to skip A Realm Reborn in the future but I don't know when that will happen.

Yes they dropped the ball on the Heavensward Job being required to be in the Expansion areas to gave access to them but thankfully they learned their lesson and they won't be doing this again with Stormblood and future Expansions.

Quest designs improve although they don't change in Heavensward but it's not as tedious to do them once you unlock the ability to fly in any given map in Heavensward&#8203;.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom