• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
JP20170505_03.jpg

One stupid decision rectified.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Took them long enough, this will be a big help.

Nah they intended to add A' B' and C' instead of being sensible and adding DEF, I guess that's because of Alliance, but when do you ever need such coordination in an alliance raid.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I started my anima weapon quest today, because I apparently hate my life.

Just finished crystal phase. Funny thing was that almost all of the zones had a crystal dropping after only doing 1 Fate. And then my last visit was to the Hinterlands where I did 11 straight Fates until finally getting the water crystal to drop. Thought I was lucky at first only to have it average all out at the end. Couldn't imagine doing this before they nerfed it where you had to collect 3 of each and the drop rate was much, much lower.

Hoping to finish that 10 dungeon questline by the end of the weekend and then I start the real grind. I really, really wish I didn't spend a lot of my beastmen tokens on other needless stuff though. For instance, I had over 120 Vanu tribe tokens at 1 point, but on a whim decided to exchange like 50 for some Sylkis Buds. Also bought some other useless crap with the other tribes cause I didn't know what to do with them at the time.

Keep your eyes on Party Finder, or make one yourself . The ARR dungeons can be run with unsynched parties. You can usually get a party together to just crank out those six dungeons in an hour.

dabig2

Keep your eyes on Party Finder, or make one yourself . The ARR dungeons can be run with unsynched parties. You can usually get a party together to just crank out those six dungeons in an hour.

Thanks for the tip. Forgot about unsynced dungeons. Funny thing is that I waited around 13 minutes for the duty finder to pop up for a synced run through Snowcloak, ran through it, and forgot to equip my weapon (someone was new to the duty so bonus so wasn't a complete waste). Then I ended up running the dungeon solo unsynced just to see if I can do it. Finished it almost as fast as the synced group lol (and without the 13 minute wait time).

Later on today I'll try to advertise in duty finder to finish these off a bit quicker like you said. Or, if there's some Gaffers on Ultros who also need to complete this part of the anima quest or are otherwise bored or want to help, ya'll can certainly join me!

Cmagus

Nah they intended to add A' B' and C' instead of being sensible and adding DEF, I guess that's because of Alliance, but when do you ever need such coordination in an alliance raid.

Not so much in alliance raids but having the extra marker will be nice for normal runs, I mean so many people mess up when you tell them D is the open spot. Even teaching people something like A12s having an extra marker for where to stack is nice on top of the other important markers. Going forward it'll be nice to have that extra marker anyways and I mean it can't hurt.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
6 markers would trivialize ZurvEx, too OP.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Not so much in alliance raids but having the extra marker will be nice for normal runs, I mean so many people mess up when you tell them D is the open spot. Even teaching people something like A12s having an extra marker for where to stack is nice on top of the other important markers. Going forward it'll be nice to have that extra marker anyways and I mean it can't hurt.

No, he means before it was going to be A', B' and C' instead of D, E and F.

SkyOdin

It's like having 3 different Provokes (although that would've been better in the long run if each tank class got every their own Provoke) that are mechanically identical, or if MNK/NIN/DRG had B4B except it was called something different but functioned the same. If they're going to use Cross Role skills going forward than Esuna is a find candidate. It's possible to maintain flavor and consolidate a "baseline role toolkit" anyway depending on implementation.

Just design-wise, introducing the concept of a "cross role skillset", without consolidating things that can be consolidated just feels like halfassed corner-cutting. I guess I'm just a huge stickler for these things?
But there is a massive well of cases where classes have moves that are functionally identical. It is an inevitable result of various classes in similar roles having similar needs.

For example:
Dragoon and Warrior's 30 sec cooldown stun.
Shield Toss and Tomahawk
For that matter, half of the Paladin and Dark Knight's entire skill sets.

Keep in mind, the goal of switching to consolidated cross-class skill lists is to eliminate the necessity of leveling a bunch of classes to get required abilities. Meanwhile, the goal of the battle system overhaul is to simplify movesets within classes and get rid of moves with no utility, in order to make room for new Stormblood additions. Those are two separate, albeit related, goals. However, reducing the total number of skills in the game is not a stated goal.

Besides, I imagine that it is a lot simpler to keep animations and spell effects distinct by keeping seperate skills.

Haly

But there is a massive well of cases where classes have moves that are functionally identical. It is an inevitable result of various classes in similar roles having similar needs.

Fair enough. I still think their specific mention of Esuna is [REDACTED] implies something's up though and cross role'd is a reasonable explanation.

Foxxsoxx

Quest 35 of 100 in post 2.0.

I will get there one day... At least these last 5 have actually been interesting and voice acted. Wish they were all like this.

B.K.

Quest 35 of 100 in post 2.0.

I will get there one day... At least these last 5 have actually been interesting and voice acted. Wish they were all like this.

The 2.xx story gets really need near the end. It's a great lead-in to Heavensward.

BlackJace

Garuda trial was lit for my first time playing it. None of the normal primals have been as hard as Ifrit was tho (fuckin infernal nail).

Haly

SCH/AST

WHM is the PLD of healers from what I understand.

Also leveling SCH gets you SMN as a side bonus so there's that too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I can't decide which healing class I should level.
Start out with conjurer for the cross class skills and switch to arcanist/scholar if you're not enjoying conjurer/WHM. If you end up not liking scholar, the only class left is astro.

I wonder if Red Mage will max out the style meter like Blade & Soul Warlock.

Every job has snazzy special effects but nothing so far comes close to the attitude of Warlock. I am likely going to get a tank to 70 first but if Red Mage meets my expectations it will probably be my second 70.

Edzi

So far, I've got:

Gladiator: 22 (provoke!)
Pugilist: 16
Warrior: 60
Dragoon: 50
Archer: 15 (bleh)
Rogue: 22 (working towards being hokage)
Conjurer: 21
Thaumaturge: 26
Scholar: 40
Dark Knight: 52
Machinist: 30 (I plan on getting to this one at some point to become Balthier)
Astrologian: 30 (ick)
Miner: 17 (zzz)

I don't know if leveling all these classes is the wisest way to spend my time with the game, but I can't help it. I need to get back to HW at some point.

I also rediscovered the Gold Saucer last night and played my first game of Triple Triad.

Sandfox

Start out with conjurer for the cross class skills and switch to arcanist/scholar if you're not enjoying conjurer/WHM. If you end up not liking scholar, the only class left is astro.
I already have experience with each, but with no preference. I just don't have any of them at 60.

Haly

I wonder if Red Mage will max out the style meter like Blade & Soul Warlock.

Every job has snazzy special effects but nothing so far comes close to the attitude of Warlock. I am likely going to get a tank to 70 first but if Red Mage meets my expectations it will probably be my second 70.

Same, I like what I've seen so far but they've been keeping their cards close to their chest.

B.K.

I wish they would reduce the Leve allowance timer to a hour or 90 minutes. Three hours is too much. It takes forever to build allowances back up after spending them all.

iammeiam

I already have experience with each, but with no preference. I just don't have any of them at 60.

If you're only going to do one and have no playstyle preference, AST can be nice since being able to sect-swap to complement the other healer in an 8 man is convenient. Alternately, SCH lets you level a healer and get a free caster in the process. WHM is good if you're a lalafell and want the smug as hell weapon unsheathed pose and/or appreciate holyspam in dungeons.

It's kinda silly to worry about the meta at this point.

Go for WHM first. If you don't like that, try SCH and/or AST. I prefer WHM because it's the most straight forward of the bunch.

It also has Assize, literally the best spell in the game.

Haly

When you assize after getting rezzed and pull the alarum in a9s...

We wiped once because our WHM did that and didn't realize they had it.

aceface

It's kinda silly to worry about the meta at this point.

Go for WHM first. If you don't like that, try SCH and/or AST. I prefer WHM because it's the most straight forward of the bunch.

It also has Assize, literally the best spell in the game.

I still love Lustrate, although it was God Tier in 2.x. I guess Indomitability is better now.

So far, I've got:

Gladiator: 22 (provoke!)
Pugilist: 16
Warrior: 60
Dragoon: 50
Archer: 15 (bleh)
Rogue: 22 (working towards being hokage)
Conjurer: 21
Thaumaturge: 26
Scholar: 40
Dark Knight: 52
Machinist: 30 (I plan on getting to this one at some point to become Balthier)
Astrologian: 30 (ick)
Miner: 17 (zzz)

I don't know if leveling all these classes is the wisest way to spend my time with the game, but I can't help it. I need to get back to HW at some point.

I also rediscovered the Gold Saucer last night and played my first game of Triple Triad.

Man, how do you level so many classes ?
Only doing faction "mandate" (sorry don't know the english translation) and dungeon ? It's seems absurdly boring. Is it quicker than the first run though ?

Edzi

Man, how do you level so many classes ?
Only doing faction "mandate" (sorry don't know the english translation) and dungeon ? It's seems absurdly boring. Is it quicker than the first run though ?

Honestly, just hunting log, level appropriate dungeons to learn the role, palace of the dead, and daily roulettes. I don't even play that often and I've only been active for around 3 months, so it's not as much work as it sounds like. I find the diversity in playstyles pretty fun, so it never really gets boring for me. Oh, and it is quicker to level classes that are lower than your main class since you get a pretty massive exp boost.

Though I've been neglecting the msq in favor of leveling classes and haven't made any real progress in HW yet...

Redx508

so what happen to the jump potion? why don't they add it now before SB comes out and add a recap video to the game for the new players.

Kenai

I can't decide which healing class I should level.

Play the one you like best, since we have no idea what the game will look like healing wise in two months.

I prefer AST cause I like playing Yu-Gi-Oh mid combat, but SCH is a lot of fun too and you get a "free" DPS job at the same time. I don't really care for WHM but they aren't bad or anything, just not my style.

Qvoth

thunder is going to be combined into just 1 type though and it's pretty much confirmed afaik, was on some article together with the permanent enochian thing

B.K.

Pretty good night tonight. I did Void Ark, Weeping City, and Dun Scaith. I wanted the Void Ark gear for glamour and got two pieces from it and I got a 260 armor from Dun Scaith to replace my Hellfire Armor. I should also have enough Tomestones to get either my Shire foot or leg gear and 270 right away, since I have all three coins.

Valor

so what happen to the jump potion? why don't they add it now before SB comes out and add a recap video to the game for the new players.

Because jump potion will give you gear and shit for level 60, whats the point of doing that before SB since people will be jumping for the expansion, not the dead zone a month before it happens

Honestly, just hunting log, level appropriate dungeons to learn the role, palace of the dead, and daily roulettes. I don't even play that often and I've only been active for around 3 months, so it's not as much work as it sounds like. I find the diversity in playstyles pretty fun, so it never really gets boring for me. Oh, and it is quicker to level classes that are lower than your main class since you get a pretty massive exp boost.

Though I've been neglecting the msq in favor of leveling classes and haven't made any real progress in HW yet...

All right thanks, i am also tempted to try various playstyles aswell.

New Monk changes:

- Greased Lightning stacks fall off one by one instead of all at once.

- Tornado Kick no longer consumes Greased Lightning.

- Snap Punch/Demolish/Rockbreaker build 1 meditation stack per target hit.

- Forbidden Chakra reduces Tornado Kick CD by 10 seconds.

- AOE attack using meditation stacks added.

Arkeband

Banned
New Monk changes:

- Greased Lightning stacks fall off one by one instead of all at once.

- Tornado Kick no longer consumes Greased Lightning.

- Snap Punch/Demolish/Rockbreaker build 1 meditation stack per target hit.

- Forbidden Chakra reduces Tornado Kick CD by 10 seconds.

- AOE attack using meditation stacks added.

Is this a wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom