• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

New Monk changes:

- Greased Lightning stacks fall off one by one instead of all at once.

- Tornado Kick no longer consumes Greased Lightning.

- Snap Punch/Demolish/Rockbreaker build 1 meditation stack per target hit.

- Forbidden Chakra reduces Tornado Kick CD by 10 seconds.

- AOE attack using meditation stacks added.

Oooh nice. Almost too nice. MNK might overtake DRG as my 2nd go-to DPS class.

Squishy3

New Monk changes:

- Greased Lightning stacks fall off one by one instead of all at once.

- Tornado Kick no longer consumes Greased Lightning.

- Snap Punch/Demolish/Rockbreaker build 1 meditation stack per target hit.

- Forbidden Chakra reduces Tornado Kick CD by 10 seconds.

- AOE attack using meditation stacks added.
Actually maybe it'd be neat if Tornado Kick got its potency reduced, but when using it it only consumed one stack of Greased Lightning. This serves its utility as something to burn when the boss is going to run away, as you can just use it multiple times in a row, but this way it'd also have a use as a burst attack during your damage cooldowns. (which would offset the losing one stack of Greased Lightning)

What The Fox

Neo Member
Does Cleric Stance affect the strength of Scholar's DoTs?

Yes and no. DoTs are calculated by the snapshot in time when the initially land on the target. So if you have clerics on when they first hit, then it will affect them. If you then turn off clerics once they're ticking, they will not reduce in potency. Same thing the other way: if you cast them without clerics, then turn clerics on afterwards, they will not increase in potency. It's all based upon the snapshot when you cast. This also applies to HoTs as well as which buffs have an effect.

Luigi87

So with Scholar it was easy for attributes in that "Just dump it all into MND"
With Warrior it seems it's more complex? I haven't put them in anything, but it seems VIT for more tankiness, and STR if you want more DPS... Should I just dump them into VIT? Should I split?
Please help.

Edzi

So with Scholar it was easy for attributes in that "Just dump it all into MND"
With Warrior it seems it's more complex? I haven't put them in anything, but it seems VIT for more tankiness, and STR if you want more DPS... Should I just dump them into VIT? Should I split?
Please help.

Just Vitality.

Is this a wishlist?

Oooh nice. Almost too nice. MNK might overtake DRG as my 2nd go-to DPS class.

I obtained it after travelling to an alternate universe where I'm the director of FFXIV.

Actually maybe it'd be neat if Tornado Kick got its potency reduced, but when using it it only consumed one stack of Greased Lightning. This serves its utility as something to burn when the boss is going to run away, as you can just use it multiple times in a row, but this way it'd also have a use as a burst attack during your damage cooldowns. (which would offset the losing one stack of Greased Lightning)

That's another idea. The changes were aimed at making Tornado Kick something you use on a more consistent basis in more situations as well as reducing the penalty on Monk's just for existing during fights where the enemy becomes untargetable.

Thorgal

Monks get enough pampering. It's time to buff Ninjas.

the only ninja change i would like is to either remove the positional requirement of trick attack or at least make it work from the flank .

too many times i have had my trick attack miss because the tank decided he needed to move at the wrong time .

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
-Dancing Edge's effect exchanged with Armor Crusher

v45fj724ixvy.jpg

YES

Just Vitality.

To expound on this: Tank stat bonuses were changed awhile back. All tanks put everything into VIT now. The only time you will ever add STR now is when you meld materia onto your accessories because most tank accessories already have capped VIT and you can't add any more to them.

the only ninja change i would like is to either remove the positional requirement of trick attack or at least make it work from the flank .

too many times i have had my trick attack miss because the tank decided he needed to move at the wrong time .

I'd like ninja skills condensed, I never remember which combo rotation I'm on.

Do other classes have this many combo rotations on top of the Mudras?

I mean, other classes don't have mudras, but you know what I'm asking.

Haly

WAR has two, DRG has two, MNK has two + I think another subsystem? DRK has two.

They're really fond of the 123 design. NIN is actually quite reasonable in that regard as long as you have a WAR to apply Storm's Eye. It's when you're the DE bitch that it gets really grating.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
When the game first came out I rolled marauder because I thought it was DPS with a big axe. I queued for a dungeon and people kept yelling at me to go tank. I yelled back saying I was not a tank. Eventually I left and then read up on things and realized I was a tank. So I rolled a different class.

A few months ago I finally went back to marauder and leveled it to 60. I ended up liking tanking so much that I just got DRK to 60 today, and PLD to 60 a few weeks ago. Can't beat those instant queues.

When the game first came out I rolled marauder because I thought it was DPS with a big axe. I queued for a dungeon and people kept yelling at me to go tank. I yelled back saying I was not a tank. Eventually I left and then read up on things and realized I was a tank. So I rolled a different class.

LOL that's the paladin stereotype 100%.

Arkeband

Banned
As a DRG I just hope they allow BOTD to build higher or otherwise relax timings on it, it's not really fun to be a melee DPS dodging mechanics and having to worry whether I got off two or three geirskoguls per minute.

As a DRG I just hope they allow BOTD to build higher or otherwise relax timings on it, it's not really fun to be a melee DPS dodging mechanics and having to worry whether I got off two or three geirskoguls per minute.

They might implement the BLM Enochian example Yoship gave before.

Where it's always active but you do some stuff to get a damage buff or something.

They could make BOTD always active and Gearskogool is only usable while you have some meter.

So you can build the meter even when Blood of the Dragon is on cooldown which I guess with this implementation would make BOTD just a move that builds a bunch of meter when used.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
And....120/240 for the crystal sand anima step!

Halfway there and hopefully now I get lucky with some free boosts. This step has felt like slowly crawling towards my own grave. All for an i240 weapon...like cmon!

Squishy3

I worry less about BOTD optimization in the heat of the moment (like when handling mechanics and whatnot) and instead during my cooldowns/opener since that's when it matters more. The difference between 2-3 a minute when not in B4B isn't that large that it's worth potentially tunnel visioning and dying because of it.

WAR has two, DRG has two, MNK has two + I think another subsystem? DRK has two.

They're really fond of the 123 design. NIN is actually quite reasonable in that regard as long as you have a WAR to apply Storm's Eye. It's when you're the DE bitch that it gets really grating.

Makes me wonder if Red Mage sword attacks will be combo based.

They really haven't shown much other than that you can hit things with your sword and can cast things. And that they get a gap closer/escape.

rubius01

It won't be, new Stormblood map has a huge section right in the middle covered by clouds that will no doubt be visited in 5.0.

Yeah, that map will last us untill the end of 6.X. And we still have Myrcidia and the Moon to go too. Plus, I really wonder if we are going to go to ALL of Othard that's been revealed in the map.

Haly

Don't forget we have other planes to go to!

Reunite with the Warriors of Darkness in 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom