• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
About ending the 2.0 right now:

It was awful. I finished the game after 6 weeks of intense playing (for our standards) to finish the 2 final mission with a group of 8 rushing toward the end like crazies (it's totally understandable), so we had the choice between taking part of the fight (with an overpowered crowd who finish all the boss fight in 30 sec) or actually seeing the story unfolding. I ended watching only the history unfold itself toward the final boss and i never actually saw a fight with him. My friend did the other way around. Both were disappointing.

I think the devs should do something about that, because it was very underwhelming and anti-climaxing. Like doing it a solo/duo mission for first-timers or something

Edzi

It was awful. I finished the game after 6 weeks of intense playing (for our standards) to finish the 2 final mission with a group of 8 rushing toward the end like crazies (it's totally understandable), so we had the choice between taking part of the fight (with an overpowered crowd who finish all the boss fight in 30 sec) or actually seeing the story unfolding. I ended watching only the history unfold itself toward the final boss and i never actually saw a fight with him. My friend did the other way around. Both were disappointing.

I think the devs should do something about that, because it was very underwhelming and anti-climaxing. Like doing it a solo/duo mission for first-timers or something

You're kind of expected to do it with a PF group or with your FC at this point, doing it with randoms is always going to be a mad rush to the end since people are just doing their dailies.

Squishy3

They never do it again in any instanced content afterwards, but almost anybody who's played the game would have warned you to find some level 60 friends/people to run it with unsynced. You only need 2 other people aside from you to run it and don't even need a healer. The boss fights are comically short even synced since you have 8 people most of which will be overgeared (and the dungeon doesn't have item level sync so people are actually 80-90 item levels above it) but you'd at least be able to see them.

rucury

Banned

Happened to me too. Was not expecting the long cutscenes so I ended up skipping them and watching them later at the inn. Not a great way to end the main story for 2.0 tbh

I thought the ending sucked anyway lol...

Anyways, tomorrow I'll hopefully run a couple of LVL50 dungeons for the first time, so if anyone wants to join for the bonus, I'll be online at around 12pm est. I'll advertise in the FC chat.

The current tier list for tanks is

WAR

DRK

PLD

Unless something goes horribly wrong the tier list (including fun factor here too)

will likely be

WAR

DRK

PLD.

My pessimistic reasoning is that if PLD somehow rises above either tank it won't be because they made PLD more fun/good but instead that they fucked up the other tank(s) somehow to the point that PLD somehow looks good in comparison.

BLCKATK

The real fun from PLD comes from when you are helping FC members through content and you land that clutch Clemency to keep a straggler alive.

My pessimistic reasoning is that if PLD somehow rises above either tank it won't be because they made PLD more fun/good but instead that they fucked up the other tank(s) somehow to the point that PLD somehow looks good in comparison.

This is honestly how I've felt about DRK the entirety of Heavensward.

If you have the gil your fastest way to get access to current content is to just buy the heavy metal maiming set off the market board.

If not, then do clan hunts to get the 210 set, then spam Great Gubal Library (Hard) for lore tomestomes to get the 240 set, which will be enough to get you into Alex Normal and Dun Scaith where you can get 250 and 260 gear.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

I really neee better equips.
Have you done palace of the dead? You can get an ilv 235 weapon that can be upgraded to ilv 255.

You can buy cheap ilv 200 gear by doing Heavensward hunts. Can also run some PvP for the current PvP, it's not great in PvE but will let you boost your ilv so you can run some of the higher ilv stuff. Your goal should be getting it to ilv 235 and unlocking Dun Scaith, ilv 260 gear drops from there and you can run it over and over till you get your fill.

Are you in the Ultros GAF FC? If so, what's your character name? I'll make you some stuff if my inventory clears up a bit.

I just got Wanderer's Palace in the Level 50 Dungeon roulette. Worst dungeon ever.

Original WP? That used to be the original speed run place.

In those days, the last person to leave would automatically get any unclaimed loot. So there would be a race at the end after killing the big Tonberry to leave so you wouldn't get stuck with the junk in your inventory :D

If you have the gil your fastest way to get access to current content is to just buy the heavy metal maiming set off the market board.

If not, then do clan hunts to get the 210 set, then spam Great Gubal Library (Hard) for lore tomestomes to get the 240 set, which will be enough to get you into Alex Normal and Dun Scaith where you can get 250 and 260 gear.

All I got is 500K Gil at the moment, can't buy this set. I'll follow your second tip. Thanks.

Have you done palace of the dead? You can get an ilv 235 weapon that can be upgraded to ilv 255.

You can buy cheap ilv 200 gear by doing Heavensward hunts. Can also run some PvP for the current PvP, it's not great in PvE but will let you boost your ilv so you can run some of the higher ilv stuff. Your goal should be getting it to ilv 235 and unlocking Dun Scaith, ilv 260 gear drops from there and you can run it over and over till you get your fill.

Are you in the Ultros GAF FC? If so, what's your character name? I'll make you some stuff if my inventory clears up a bit.

Oh, that's really kind of you but I play on Cactuar Server =p thanks a lot anyway.

I'll do some hunts then.

Almost forgot I wrote this but it's still relevant to the current tank situation.

I think one of the changes they need to make to bring Paladin in line with the other tanks lies with its damage stance.

When you look at Warrior and Dark Knight's damage stances, they both allow you to do something you couldn't do before.

Warrior's Deliverance lets you build stacks and increases your damage by 5% which is nice but not the main reason why it's good. It comes from the fact that it allows you to use Fell Cleave and Decimate, two abilities that you couldn't use while in Defiance.

Against single targets you can now do the triple Fell Cleave combo. With Berserk/Internal Release/Infuriate you can do one of the most satisfying combos to perform when it comes to tanks, even more when all 3 Fell Cleave's crit.

For AOE you can now combine it with Berserk/Internal Release/Bloodbath/Infuriate to not only deal/heal more damage than you did without the stance on but you can now add Decimate in there for a ton of damage, and you can now use Overpower for longer because Equilibrium restores TP when you're in Deliverance.

There are direct and satisfying to perform incentives for wanting to change to Deliverance besides the obvious fact that you'll do more damage just by having it on versus Defiance.

For Dark Knight Darkside changes how they play significantly because it is required to use key abilities (Dark Arts/Dark Passenger/Dark Dance/Dark Mind) and necessitates the management of mana that is constantly drained by Darkside.

Darkside can be used in conjunction with Grit but the reason you want to drop it is not just for getting rid of Grit's -20% damage penalty but because it lets you use Blood Weapon which is an extremely important skill for Dark Knight. It's where the pace of Dark Knight increases significantly, the increased mana gain on every hit while under Blood Weapon and the increased attack speed lets you get a ton of Dark Arts infused attacks out while it's up. It's really satisfying to fire off a bunch of GCDs/oGCDs in a short period of time while this is up for a ton of damage.

So there's clear gameplay incentives to use Warrior and Dark Knight's damage stances. They let you do satisfying things that you can't do just by sitting in their respective tank stances.

So what does Paladin's damage stance let you do that you couldn't do before?

You get to see if you can spot the added potency to your auto attack.

That's about it.

No new moves, no new specific combos, no nothing. Just an extremely bland potency increase on something that you're likely to miss in the chaos and on-screen numbers because it acts off of something that doesn't require your input (autoattack).

Heavensward didn't fix this, so now I'm looking at Stormblood. If they don't address this with their changes to Paladin, I think it's a good sign that it's not going to be worth leveling to 70 to find out if it's now fun. Paladin players need something satisfying to perform to look forward to when switching to Sword Oath.

dabig2

All I got is 500K Gil at the moment, can't buy this set. I'll follow your second tip. Thanks.

Oh, that's really kind of you but I play on Cactuar Server =p thanks a lot anyway.

I'll do some hunts then.

Do a few runs of PotD lvl 51-100. Each run of that gives you 340 Lore and 170 Scriptures. Since you're DPS, the wait queues can be long for regular dungeons and roulettes, so it could be the easiest "relaxing" way to get your tomes to upgrade your gear. And at the same time you can level up your arm/armor there to eventually get your i255 weapon. It will only take about 5 runs to max out your scriptures for the week on that alone. That's also 1700 Lores. 900+ Scriptures means you can upgrade 2 pieces of gear to i260 (right side accessories or 1 accessory + feet/waist/head). Use the lore to upgrade your body/legs/whatever else to i230.

Then once your gear is up to par, run Void Ark, Dun Scaith, and Wiping City 1x each to get your Mhachi items to upgrade your i260 to i270 (or just Void Ark and Wiping City to upgrade i230 to i240). Also, running Dun Scaith lets you upgrade an accessory item to i270 (1x reward per week) and drops from Dun Scaith just give you i260 gear outright (Diabolic set).

Don't forget your HW beast tribe dailies too. Vath give 15 scriptures and the Vandu give 45 Lores per day. And of course put yourself in queue for daily roulettes. And farm the hell out of Gubal Libary Hard (~15-20 minute runs for like 100 Lores and 30 Scriptures?)

I was able to simultaneously level up 2 DPS classes and my WAR to > i240 in less than a month doing this. Some days I just farmed PotD and ran the occasional dungeon to break up the grind. Other days I did my roulettes and the raids. Every day I did my beast tribes.

dabig2

I should amend the previous statement, I did dungeons/daily roulettes every day because as I did my beast tribes, I made sure to always queue up for a roulette and/or dungeon. And I made sure to try to finish my hunts as I did them too got centurio seals. If I queued in for 2+ roulettes/dungeons, then that just meant 1 fewer run of PotD.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This game man

Grinding fishing in Northern Thanalan. Time to sleep so I bring up the menu to exit game.

"Cannot use that command while gathering."

I could not believe what I was seeing. Gathering actually takes precedence over Quit Game. Quit Game was actually a command, like an ability!

Shahed

New Monk changes:

- Greased Lightning stacks fall off one by one instead of all at once.

- Tornado Kick no longer consumes Greased Lightning.

- Snap Punch/Demolish/Rockbreaker build 1 meditation stack per target hit.

- Forbidden Chakra reduces Tornado Kick CD by 10 seconds.

- AOE attack using meditation stacks added.
So my DPS class of choice is getting a lot of buffs that will make it more fun to play, and my main class WAR is getting a gap closer. And here I thought I'd try different classes.

I'll still mess around with Samurai before MNK though and give DRG another shot

aceface

So my DPS class of choice is getting a lot of buffs that will make it more fun to play, and my main class WAR is getting a gap closer. And here I thought I'd try different classes.

I'll still mess around with Samurai before MNK though and give DRG another shot

That's not a real Monk list, it's speculation.

nan0

Did they update the graphics engine with Stormblood? I thought the benchmark had noticeably less aliasing, but maybe I'm just imagining things

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
How are you guys and gals feeling toward Stormblood right now? I know we have a live letter in the way that is supposed to detail some changes but I wonder if I am the only one who kind of expects the same ol stuff?

Maybe I don't have much faith or belief that this team can really shake things up from the formula of tomes/raids/24 man/beast tribe/etc. Will we get three dungeons per patch again or same old two? Do you think we will get any meaningful changes to the way we play the game? Do you have any faith in any open world content after Diadem? Do you think they should even bother? Is there something, gameplay and activity wise that you are hoping for?

What about story? HW had its ups and downs but peaked at 3.3 for me. Going into Stormblood? I am not really excited. Yda's story arc was pretty lame and not really motivation for me to go liberate her country. Outside of always hearing about the place anyway. Same with Doma. It's like...eh, okay. Cool. The appeal is nowhere near what it was for Ishgard.

I am not looking for a drastic revolution in gameplay what not. I am just hoping for enough to keep me coming back. A little shake up from the norm. Excitement and some stuff that doesn't get old within a week (shit like Diadem). A little bit of risk from the developers that pay off.

What are your hopes going into this live letter and expac?

I have hopes for stuff that I won't really know about until the game actually ships like raid fight design built around the battle system changes.

Also I fucking hated Ishgard so I'm hyped for the change of scenery. Hopefully the Ala Mhigans and the Domans won't be as fucking stupid as the Ishgardians.

Lukewarm at the moment to be honest. I'm not expecting the changes made to the combat to be very radical that necessitates having to hold your breath for. We can pretty much assume the usual core design will be carried forward with piecemeal adjustments here and there with the usual loftily touted new content feature thrown in that stumbles heavily in execution.

I'll check the main story out for Stormblood and the couple of new jobs and then I'll go off on long extended breaks to check out other games in the interim. I have that itch to check out the Morrowind expansion for ESO anyway. I'll occasionally check back in for the storylines involving the Ivalice and Omega raids and whatever else catches my fancy. Fatigue had long set in and Stormblood on the horizon has done little to offset that feeling for me. I think it's the long hours of trying to farm EX Primals with constant mixed results that may have broken me a little.

ebil

I'm still not particularly feeling it as an expansion. I expect the story to be enjoyable if you're into it (and I personally am), but aside from that this might be the expansion where I go full casual. Not enough large scale changes to the formula. My opinion might change once I see how the battle system changes interact with battle content design.

iammeiam

The best/smartest pieces of new content to come out of HW were Aquapolis and PotD, both of which had no hype or real presence in the runup to expansion. Diadem managed to be the crown jewel of 2 of 5 post-expansion patches and be an incredible failure both times (seriously who looked at Diadem 1.0 and said 'you know what this needs? FATE GRINDING!'? Is it the Verminion guy), GC squadrons are still waiting on a future patch to make them worth doing as actual content instead of a script piñata menu), etc.

Combat changes will potentially do a lot to establish the kind of game they're going to try to be in SB, but based on how stuff was revealed in the run-up to HW I don't think we're really going to have a solid grasp on anything before Early Access. We'll receive incomplete information and some of it will change between now and live, so it'll be a bunch of guesswork. My hope is that they manage to find ways to bring the skill floor on jobs up without destroying the feel of satisfaction that can come from executing well. My fear is that they'll find it easier to just lower the ceiling.

The immediate window will still be fun--everything is new, rushing levels to get to run around new areas while they're still unpopulated, getting to experiment with a bunch of jobs that haven't had all their potencies math'd out to within an inch of their lives. Leveling dungeons tend to be significantly more interesting to actually do, since you're not going to just overgear everything, so I'm looking forward to a lot of casual things with mechanics you Still Have To Actually Do. Being able to go back and unsync HW era stuff will also be fun for a while--figuring out where the gear breakpoints are to be able to bring in fewer and fewer people, stuff like that. Then there's the whole reset to the crafting market that should be fun to dabble in for a while.

I dunno; it'll be nice to have actually new and interesting things to log in for for a while but I'm not really expecting any large-scale turnaround at this point. As long as they're smarter about when they portion out new content (the 'hard' PotD floors should hit on odd patches, the nebulous challenging odd-patch content will be important for keeping the game alive if Creator is the go-forward raid tuning) it can stay worth doing, but I've given up on them ever trying anything really new.

The nice thing is that if they stick to the way they handled gearing for the last half of HW, you can ditch at any time and just buy your way to raid-ready when the next tier drops so there's no longer any real danger of falling behind long-term.

Luigi87

I have hopes for stuff that I won't really know about until the game actually ships like raid fight design built around the battle system changes.

Also I fucking hated Ishgard so I'm hyped for the change of scenery. Hopefully the Ala Mhigans and the Domans won't be as fucking stupid as the Ishgardians.

I've barely played through HW yet, but I'm preparing myself for the worst here. If the
false
Inquisitor story arc of ARR taught me anything, it's that Ishgardians are pretty dumb.

How are you guys and gals feeling toward Stormblood right now? I know we have a live letter in the way that is supposed to detail some changes but I wonder if I am the only one who kind of expects the same ol stuff?

Maybe I don't have much faith or belief that this team can really shake things up from the formula of tomes/raids/24 man/beast tribe/etc. Will we get three dungeons per patch again or same old two? Do you think we will get any meaningful changes to the way we play the game? Do you have any faith in any open world content after Diadem? Do you think they should even bother? Is there something, gameplay and activity wise that you are hoping for?

What about story? HW had its ups and downs but peaked at 3.3 for me. Going into Stormblood? I am not really excited. Yda's story arc was pretty lame and not really motivation for me to go liberate her country. Outside of always hearing about the place anyway. Same with Doma. It's like...eh, okay. Cool. The appeal is nowhere near what it was for Ishgard.

I am not looking for a drastic revolution in gameplay what not. I am just hoping for enough to keep me coming back. A little shake up from the norm. Excitement and some stuff that doesn't get old within a week (shit like Diadem). A little bit of risk from the developers that pay off.

I'm honestly not feeling it, tbh. Well, I mean right now that is. I'm expecting it to be an eastern themed Heavensward with new areas but much of the same old. The battle system revamps don't really excite me as I'm sure it won't be anything major. I'm honestly getting tired of the game a little bit and I say that because it is like you say; much of the same old stuff is going to happen. I'm not into Eureka at all. I'm under the mindset that the new relic probably wont ever be worth it just like how the Lux got beaten out by weapons that dont even have a unique model if you're lucky. In my mind, it's honestly going to be better to get weapons from Omega, especially considering how abysmal Diadem is and Eureka is supposedly going to work off of it. Basically, if I dont do any relics I'll pretty much have much less time invested in this expansion and I think that's what I need. The extreme primals are exciting. We are getting Lakshmi which can be interesting but we know how easy HW primals started to become and I bet Stormblood primals will be just as disappointing if anything.

On two dungeon patches: I simply think this is the worst idea. I guess we might get so much more aesthetically pleasing dungeons but after that, it's going to get boring grinding them very quick. In fact, since I've invested a hell of amount of time in this game, I'm even thinking to not go all out for Stormblood because when I did that in Heavensward I just felt like I wasted my time. My plans for Stormblood involve getting a house since I've never got one before, hopefully they add cross world fcs so I can join the GAF one. There's really nothing keeping me in an fc on my server right now. Many of my friends aren't playing the game atm and some I kinda feel like moved on to real life as I haven't seen them playing in ages. Honestly, if it weren't for the story, I think I'd ultimately pass on Stormblood. The main reason I'm even getting it is because I love this game's story and I think Heavensward finished beautifully enough to transition into the new story arc.

It's not that I'm not excited for Stormblood, no, I'm very excited in fact. I just think overhyping it is going to lead me to boredom, therefore I've decided maybe it's best to play it slow and not think about doing everything I possibly can just to burn out. New class actions will be interesting. I'm very excited to play Red Mage and maybe even Samurai. I might choose to main one for raiding as well if Omega is exciting.

Things I'm not excited about: Two patch dungeons, one trial, some boring thing... possibly Eureka, Tome grinding again, no character customization, getting aether currents to fly again, boring sidequests etc... more rehashed crap.

Things I'm excited about: Omega raiding, Ivalice Raids since I'm a big FF XII fan and also FFT, The story of Stormblood, Cross server FC's if they get planned by then, Hopefully, new long hairstyles and better glamour, Red Mage, Samurai, exploring Doma. I think that's it?

Did they update the graphics engine with Stormblood? I thought the benchmark had noticeably less aliasing, but maybe I'm just imagining things

No changes were made to AA methods, it's FXAA or nothing. As long as PS4 remains the baseline system, we cannot expect major engine changes during the life of the game.

The best way to make FFXIV look better is to increase the resolution. A 1080 Ti can easily break average 60 fps on the benchmark in 4K resolution, the first video card under $1,000 which claims this feat.

Squishy3

I'm expecting more of the same, but not in a bad way. Story will probably be at or above the quality of Heavensward, and that's not a bad thing. The big thing for the story is a lot of pieces have already been set up for Stormblood, while almost nothing was setup for Heavensward outside of the stuff that happened in 2.55. There's a lot of anciliary lore already surrounding areas we'll be going to in Stormblood, be it in stuff from 1.0, 2.0, the lore book, etc., and the themes YoshiP's been mentioning when talking about the story; "Do the oppressed really want liberation?" sound quite promising actually.

Most of the problems they need to address have to do with end-game raid balancing (hello backwards difficulty ramp with Alexander) class balance and whatnot. They pretty much nailed the story aspect with Heavensward compared to the atrociously paced ARR, so I don't think there's much to fix there in that aspect.

They already said Eureka is different than Diadem, and they're taking feedback from Diadem in regards to how people enjoy big group content. Whether it's better or worse remains to be seen, but it's probably fair to say it won't be the exact same at Diadem at this point. I highly doubt with it being tied to relic progression that it'll have randomly generated item level 380 weapons with a .13% chance of dropping and then a 1/72 chance of you getting it though.

Combat changes will potentially do a lot to establish the kind of game they're going to try to be in SB, but based on how stuff was revealed in the run-up to HW I don't think we're really going to have a solid grasp on anything before Early Access. We'll receive incomplete information and some of it will change between now and live, so it'll be a bunch of guesswork. My hope is that they manage to find ways to bring the skill floor on jobs up without destroying the feel of satisfaction that can come from executing well. My fear is that they'll find it easier to just lower the ceiling.
Well, Yoshi's already said the current ceiling will be about the same as it is now, just with some new abilities thrown in and stuff being changed around for existing classes. (Like Enochian now being a stance you turn on instead of something you need to keep refreshing and some method to increase your damage instead now)

That dev blog where they showed off the new dungeons said they got thrown in without being explained about any of the changes and were able to figure it out pretty easily, although we don't know what class they were playing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
WKB2nmJ.jpg

Day 5 caption: Almost there! Have you guessed where the people in the picture are yet?

BLCKATK

My hopes for the live letter is that they'll show off some of the gameplay adjustments so we can have a little faith in what's going on. I think they know how skeptical some of us are.

I just really want all three tanks to feel balanced against each other (and have synergies with each other). As a career Tank now, I've personally gotten pretty tired of just playing WAR all the time, for everything, just because it's so much better. WAR everyday for dungeons, WAR for extremes (except Zurvan), WAR for FC content because the extra damage is nice, WAR for raid (when I was raiding). WAR can keep its damage, I just really hope they look at PLD and figure out what they want to focus on. In my opinion, that's trimming the low-use skills, making Block an important mechanic into playing PLD well, and increasing PLD's support abilities to the point where it might not be providing high raw damage output, but it harmonizes with the party to a point where it is paying off.

In terms of content, early in Heavensward I accepted that the team couldn't really think too much outside the box, it was just some kind of impossible task and they had to stay consistent. So that cut my playtime down a lot. Honestly a positive thing for me, so I'm not bothered. I still like the core game, I still enjoy the plot. I like running my Free Company and having a community. The game already makes me very happy in those respects, and those are the most important parts.

Diadem was disappointing, but in the end, I still think I like it and I want them to try again with Eureka. I'm not bothered by FATEs, I think it's something people get hung-up on too much. The only thing a FATE does is mark a place for you do "do the thing" and a method of delivering you a reward. I think what they really missed the ball on (and nailed it on the DoL side) was the rewards itself. RNG loot is not a good play, I hope they seriously consider NEVER doing it again. The hope I had for Diadem 2.0 loot was a consistent way of acquiring Relic items. If you could go to Diadem and it could help fast-track your relic, I think that would be much better than just...rolling a dice over and over and hoping you get a good piece of gear. The rewards from the Emergency Mission themselves were also lackluster and definitely needed to be looked at differently.

They already said Eureka is taking more hints from XI endgame zones. This is a must. SE has already nailed this type of gameplay once, all they need to do is look at how to make it easier and faster for a player to interact with the content.

It's a shame, because even in all the disappointment there are diamonds in the rough all over Diadem. A fond FC memory of mine is tackling the lower islands, exploring the zone, and fighting Kerkes, a Rank V mob. He's nothing out of the ordinary, nothing too special, but he has just enough going on to make him a threat. Combine that with all the little mobs around, like Heckyls and we had a serious battle on our hands. The Heckyls cast Vulnerability Up on us, and Kerkes would 1-shot someone with Revelation soon after, then buff himself. It was hilarious and exhilarating. Taking those types of encounters to the forefront, and actually balancing the rewards was the way to go with the zone, but they dropped the ball.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
When Heavensward was releasing I was thinking a lot that it felt like another content patch, just with more stuff, as there were not real qualitative changes, just quantitative - well not right away, anyway. The biggest additions were all the new side content and in DoH/DoL area, while regular content actually became less than it was.

Stormblood coming up... feels exactly the same. Another content patch, now with promise of even less stuff. Most of it has to do with the direction of the game really. Lately I've been playing WoW... a lot of it, actually, and I see a lot of systems that could be easily adapted to improve the endgame if they so wanted. Both games still have a lot to learn from each other. But instead, they focus on housing, which is a weird feature that's to me can't carry an MMORPG at all (and handling of Shirogane is awful, just letting everyone move with hindrances, what a joke) and for swimming they outright say that there's basically no content there, it's just a marketing bullet point.

Somebody suggested that in Japan, the game is actually perceived as being a bit too hardcore. WoW isn't really a big thing over there, and when most fansites for other online games are dedicated to characters, worlds, just overall fun casual stuff, for XIV fansites are basically all mechanics, diagrams, you know, raid stuff. Japanese players that are into XIV have adapted to challenges of the game pretty well actually, but that might not be the image SE wants for the game, since you know, raids and coordination is scary, we just all wanna be social and play dressup, and games telling players they need to get better just aren't in right now!

And really I just want good PVE. Cool, decently challenging and rewarding raids, more interesting content to do with light parties. PotD was okay, but it needed more mechanics and the way to get into hard mode still is inane. Diadem was and still is garbage and I couldn't even enjoy their "new raid content" because during four hours I've spent in there, Emergency Mission not spawned even once.
Hell I'd be into PVP on the side if it was good.

And they're so slow about fixing obvious problems. How about making Frontlines scalable? Oh, it took them 2 and a half years just to remove GC lock that was clogging the queues... How about making FATEs useful to people at level cap? Other than random relic grinds. How about making said relic actually be useful for content instead of pretending it is content unto its own? On that matter, why is crafting such a piece of shit? It seems enchanting for a new player, all those systems and rotations and stuff to do, but at the end, nobody's making stuff for other players, everybody's making things for vendors - you can't level well without leves so leveling items go into vendors, at the cap you're trading in collectibles so that's more vendoring, and why are consumables just as hard to make as gear, what sense does that make?

Nah, we'll just do the same thing we've always did and release a bunch of easy content that gets invalidated within months, if not on release, because by now we've cultivated a playerbase that would riot if devs don't drop pretty dresses out of the sky onto them. I don't get it.

dabig2

Got some questions concerning the crystal sand/umbrite grind stage of the anima quest. Currently, I'm in the quest before that where you need aether oils. Right now I have 3, but I've decided to get the remaining 2 using the weekly reward from the CT because I want to save my lore for the next stage (already used up this week's reward so I won't finish this quest until 2 Tuesdays from now).

So my question is what is the best way to farm crystal sands? Since Umbrite is just all lore, I figure my roulettes, PotD, WT, and farming Gubal HM should keep me busy and earning. But what about the sands part? What should I focus on in this upcoming week. I've had max leves for seemingly months now.
Should I use my 99 leves to level up a gatherer class (miner is at lvl 20 and have literally nothing else leveled) so I can farm blue scrips or should I just go the battle levequest idea where I hope and pray for vilekin treasure? I already plan on spending my poetics on the 5 ink/mists and I have some GC seals to play around with, but those will be spent up quickly. Is converting lvl 4 materia another good way? Thanks all.

BlackJace

Level 48 with about 250000 exp remaining till the 49 MSQ.

The grind from 47-50 is motherfucking real. And no one wants to do Aurum Vale, even as a healer, I'm having a hard time finding a party.

Kenai

I'm not super hyped for Stormblood, but I am hyped. As I've said before, it's because I'm still largely in the dark (like most) on what is actually in the expansion in terms of gameplay. The benchmark was great but didn't actually show all the much in that regard (by design of course). The game has come a long way, and with PS3 support dropping the expectations are higher than ARR and HW. I'm not expecting to be disappointment, but I am keeping my expectations in check for now.

I'll be there minute one though, assuming the move to the new apartment goes smoothly the weekend before.

Edzi

What's a quick way to farm tomestones of poetics? I'm close to getting my Scholar/Summoner to 50 and would like to get them some ironworks gear.

What's a quick way to farm tomestones of poetics? I'm close to getting my Scholar/Summoner to 50 and would like to get them some ironworks gear.

Looking for clear bonuses in the pf.

If there's a party that says "coil unsynced w/ bonus" get on that asap because that's am easy 1300 poetics if you run it all with them.

dabig2

Hm, this suggest the battlecraft leve route. I guess I'll do a couple and see how the RNG treats me. If I get unlucky, I think I'll level up my miner so I can farm blue scrips.

The grind from 47-50 is motherfucking real. And no one wants to do Aurum Vale, even as a healer, I'm having a hard time finding a party.

Yeah, ARR dungeons are basically abandoned. Only chance for a pop is when people are running their roulettes. That's why for my other classes I leveled, I went straight to PotD and/or Fate farming Coerthas/Mor Dhona.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

No one wants to do Aurum Vale because it's a horrible dungeon.

I'd go and spam some Palace of the Dead for those last levels.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm intrigued by Stormblood, but like others here my expectations and hype is grounded. Granted I have not researched much of the expansion beyond a few marketing summaries and trailers, but new content is enough for me to buy-in.

I am far less picky than most here though and am still cleaning up HW post game patch content while focusing primarily on my anima weapon instead of end game raiding(well, beyond grinding for said weapon steps).

The new setting is a nice change, the new jobs seem fine(if unexciting). Nothing about it appears to be shooting for the moon, but enough appears in place to progress my job through new adventures and challenges. I'm good for that.

That instagram picture... there was an element in 1.0 that barely had much use, I think they were called "hamlet defense".

Shot in the dark, but could they be returning?

Also, Thordan EX farm for hours, only one. bird. dropped. Ugh RNG.

Luigi87

Unlocked WAR finally.
... Now to either continue to level it and practice tanking, or go back to leveling BTN, or leveling WVR...

... Or maybe I should continue HW...

Squishy3

That instagram picture... there was an element in 1.0 that barely had much use, I think they were called "hamlet defense".

Shot in the dark, but could they be returning?

Also, Thordan EX farm for hours, only one. bird. dropped. Ugh RNG.
I'm actually going to wager it might sort of be a "mission board" and you might be able to choose which MSQ you want to pursue. (The area is Rhalgr's Reach, this is already confirmed with info readily available. The flag you can see in the background is present both in the CG intro and that exploration video people had running on a server emulator.

They said Stormblood is roughly 50% between Ala Mhigo and Doma, right? So what if you can pick at the beginning if you want to pursue the Ala Mhigo side or the Doma side with them eventually converging. (Hey, we did all we did in Gyr Abania, you should go to Doma or vice versa, or do a mix of both)

In other news, denmomcstronghuge held a wedding today and invited people to make Mr. Face characters to come to the wedding.

Needless to say, this ended up happening.

Akainu

So i want to switch from standard to entry for the month. Can you choose which character you want to use if you have multiple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom