• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it worked the same as on Alexander's Living Liquid except instead of getting near or away from team-mates you get near or away from the boss.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't know, it feels like the pricing for these items is so high to the point where they plan to make it their first source of income, which might as well already be for all I know. I mean, the dress is a bit over priced for my tastes but 7$ for such a basic emote? :/ And a pretty lame barding. Come on...surely they can do better than this.

I spent a bunch of time in Blade and Soul. F2P with a cash shop. Known for its costumes (revealing costumes!). IIRC, they would cycle out two new sets of costumes to buy every two weeks. Not counting special events and such. Or some of the more expensive means to acquire costumes. Anyway, the costumes tended to be between $8-10 bucks a pop.

So, I can definitely see how a pay to play MMO with a cash shop rocking $10-18 costumes and $25-35 mounts would feel pretty pricey in comparison. =x

Did Xelphatol fucking crash or something? Is Ultros down?

I just did a run, and as soon as I clicked exit, "Connection with the server was lost."

I try to log back in, there's a queue. I get past the queue, "Connection with the server was lost."

I'm gonna have to fucking run it again, aren't I? -_-

I got the same message as I was leaving the squadron barracks.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Living flame is the one that confuses me when he goes tornado form and the tethers appear.
I get a plus and stand close, I get sucked in.

I get another plus and stand far away and he pushes me into the ring of fire.

What am I missing?

Magnets, how do they work?
Matching icons with the boss = get close.
Different icons with the boss = get far.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I spent a bunch of time in Blade and Soul. F2P with a cash shop. Known for its costumes (revealing costumes!). IIRC, they would cycle out two new sets of costumes to buy every two weeks. Not counting special events and such. Or some of the more expensive means to acquire costumes. Anyway, the costumes tended to be between $8-10 bucks a pop.

So, I can definitely see how a pay to play MMO with a cash shop rocking $10-18 costumes and $25-35 mounts would feel pretty pricey in comparison. =x

I'm amused by the fact that I could buy two alternate Street Fighter V costumes for that much and they're not exactly regarded as cheap.

Kaname

Yeah that's my point. I don't really mind cash shop items since it allows us to support them even if we pay the subscription already but between the fat moogle and this I think they're getting a bit over themselves. And before somebody tells me: yes, I know a lot of people will buy them regardless so they're just following a market logic of supply/demand :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm amused by the fact that I could buy two alternate Street Fighter V costumes for that much and they're not exactly regarded as cheap.

There is that too I suppose. Context is king. SFV feels overpriced when compared to the previous game in the same series. Then compare to this or B&S? Seems cheap.

Demoskinos

Living flame is the one that confuses me when he goes tornado form and the tethers appear.
I get a plus and stand close, I get sucked in.

I get another plus and stand far away and he pushes me into the ring of fire.

What am I missing?

If you are the same polarity stand near him if you are the opposite stand at the edge of the arena.

opposites get pulled forward , same gets pushed back

Omni

DPS check isn't that bad on nidhogg especially now with echo. Only part that is really tough is getting the movement down for the last part.
I think the bombs are simple enough that most will pick it up in a run or two.

Fang and Claw seems to be the biggest problem still, I think. Or at least in clear parties I've joined. Once you get past that, with a competent healer and decent tanks you can carry the rest of the party even with a million deaths

AXE

Returned to FFXIV ARR after being away for something like half a year. Things have lurched forward, but then again, I didn't put the game on hiatus because of the game. Work.

Does GAF have a EU guild?

Also, found a little something:

Fat Chocobos on Parade

Qvoth

finished story msq
fight with wod was kinda meh, story is pretty good though i guess
wtzgU.gif

Yeah need to upgrade some lore pieces and replace the Midan ones I guess. The upgrades are from Weeping City not Void Ark though surely...

Hopefully I can at least do the new dungeons.
To upgrade you need Illuminating Tuat Gobtwine (or Gobcoat/Gobdip) which requires 1x Mhachi Penny (Void Ark) and 1x Mhachi Farthing (Weeping City).

It looks like there is some other way to get them like Unstained Clan Marked Log or Midian Manifestos but I haven't looked into them. // http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Illuminati_Taut_Gobtwine

iammeiam

So I got to ask. I never did coil but I loved the final fight of Alexander. Is coil as good?

A12 normal looks like Yoshida basically going "omfg if you won't shut up about coil I'll just make T13 Enhanced Edition are you happy now"

You basically have to do the fights synced to 50 to get to see how they were supposed to work, though.

I saw that edit lol. I gotta say the final A12 fight will be hard to top. Easily my favorite fight now.

I never did coil because people always leave after a single wipe making it awful for new people
I wanted to make a tamer post to avoid giving weird expectations lol. T13 is pretty damn good.

Thorgal

i assume this patch follows the same gearing setup as last time so:

What is the most efficient setup ?

First stack up tomes to get the pants/chest Armor and then feet /arms and head and at that point go and finish getting the weapon .

Sound about right ?

Wilsongt

i assume this patch follows the same gearing setup as last time so:

What is the most efficient setup ?

First stack up tomes to get the pants/chest Armor and then feet /arms and head and at that point go and finish getting the weapon .

Sound about right ?

Body is always first. Build up your gears and 10 Rowena Tokens for the weapon if you're not working on relic. Use Alex for accessories and pants in the meantime.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cleared Sophia Extreme with Raijinken last night. Fun fight but trying to PUG it is probably going to be a mess.

Thorgal

Hmm there needs to be an apartment comments board in the lobby.

Stuff that increases community interaction.

"to the person who was playing Papaya all night up on floor 15 : Screw you ".
"Looking for fellow roommate . Lalafell need not reply "
"Please keep that Yellow bird OUT of the apartment please . his droppings are enormous and smell like a week old corpse ".

"PSA TO ALL RESIDENTS : THE AQUARIUM IS NOT A SWIMMING POOL ! "

WolvenOne

Well, still hecka busy. Wanna come back and beat the story mode of Alexander so bad, but might be a week or two before my schedule eases up enough. **siiiiiiiiiigggh**

Play vicariously in my place, peeps!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
On a whole, Alexander failed in every way compared to Coil except the token system. Shit story, shit music, boring fights.
Yeah... They really struck gold with Coil. There's a reason people love it so much and unfortunately I don't think those same feelings will be extending to Alexander any time soon.

IvorB

Unless I do it ad a joke, like my lv 60 warrior in pink tin can armor or that steel thong stuff from DD, I don't glamour.

I don't play a female character and have no desire to play dressup.

Dude, it's not the eighties anymore. It's okay to be male and care about what you wear.

To upgrade you need Illuminating Tuat Gobtwine (or Gobcoat/Gobdip) which requires 1x Mhachi Penny (Void Ark) and 1x Mhachi Farthing (Weeping City).

It looks like there is some other way to get them like Unstained Clan Marked Log or Midian Manifestos but I haven't looked into them. // http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Illuminati_Taut_Gobtwine

So I need both of those items to upgrade? I must have some Void Ark things lying around surely...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Unless I do it ad a joke, like my lv 60 warrior in pink tin can armor or that steel thong stuff from DD, I don't glamour.

I don't play a female character and have no desire to play dressup.

You're missing out.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Well the Alex fights were at least better than T12 because it didn't try to make me care about that giraffe arsehole that made me have to sneak past level 80 morbols for his dumb quest.

I'm not bitter!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, rude.

Nah, T9/12/13 were really good. I do have to say though, I thought the rest of coil was pretty... I mean it was okay? But I assume people don't have particularly strong memories of Avatar, or Rafflesia, or T4. Maybe T3, they still haven't topped it.

Creator spoilers:
I'd say A11 was definitely aesthetically and setting wise cooler than T12, but that's a matter of taste, and that A12's failure is more about stealing too many mechanics from T13- the new stuff like seeing the cutscene play out in the middle from before as you travel back in time during the fight and the time stoppage was really cool, and it's a shame they felt like they had to play it safe by re-using a lot of other mechanics. I'd be interested to see the savage version and how much new stuff it adds.

Also there was a bad Cat to Gobbie ratio, more cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom