• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

fpilsfl.gif

Demoskinos

So question if anyone would be kind enough to answer. Playing catch up with the relic quest and just got my i230 tonight. So... the i240 step. Exactly how many umbrite are needed and what is the cheapest way to get sands?

Caj814

So question if anyone would be kind enough to answer. Playing catch up with the relic quest and just got my i230 tonight. So... the i240 step. Exactly how many umbrite are needed and what is the cheapest way to get sands?

80 umbrite if RNG screws you over on bonus points iirc and only way to get them is by spending 300 lore. I'm not sure on the cheapest for sands but I've been getting by on ink + t.mist using poetics.

80 umbrite if RNG screws you over on bonus points iirc and only way to get them is by spending 300 lore. I'm not sure on the cheapest for sands but I've been getting by on ink + t.mist using poetics.

Using your levequest allowances to redo the same heavens ward quest repeatedly (without finishing) just to find chests with Amber vilekin is the fastest. Easy to get ~15-20 in about an hour of it. Unfortunately you then have to wait for the allowances to come back but you'll be working on umbrites longer probably

ZiZ

I just finished Xelphatol, that Elezen that was with
the warriors of darkness
could he be
Urianger
?

we know he has dealings with that white ascian.
He covers the top half of his face and we've only seen the bottom half.
but this guy covers the bottom half and shows the top.
he also doesn't speak, because we'll recognize the voice.
and Alphinaud says "You have no friends here."

Demoskinos

Using your levequest allowances to redo the same heavens ward quest repeatedly (without finishing) just to find chests with Amber vilekin is the fastest. Easy to get ~15-20 in about an hour of it. Unfortunately you then have to wait for the allowances to come back but you'll be working on umbrites longer probably

So basically just find a mission that has a chest spawn then get the chest and then abandon and then retry?

Leunam

So basically just find a mission that has a chest spawn then get the chest and then abandon and then retry?

They all have a chance to spawn a chest. I've been doing the level 58 Necrologos quest in the Hinterlands for this. The chest has a chance to spawn in a small area.

Demoskinos

So I hadn't touched PotD since I soloed 1-10 when it first came out in 3.2 or whenever that was. So tonight I tried 11-20 and spent a good bit of time going at it even resetting twice mid way through so all in all about 90 minutes wrapped up in this and I finally get to the boss and..... realize that there isnt' anyway I can solo this boss as a Black Mage.

I think its a real bummer they didn't tune this thing more towards scaling to how many people are in the instance. Cause I would really like to just have a nice relaxing random dungeon I could do at my leisure solo.

Going solo is fun because the slow and measured way you have to about clearing each floor gives you a real sense of tension. With a full proper party all of that tension goes away. The entire thing takes on an entire differently feel.

I might just retry and actually get a party but coming to this realization tonight bummed me out. :(

Gonna resub this weekend, I'm on a media blackout until then and I don't want to get spoiled this new development I've been waiting for since the end of ARR's story. The tome grind is gonna suck, but I think I can max out scripture in three days if I go hard.

Goddess EX looks far easier than Sephirot and Nidhogg, at least more forgiving. Glad to hear that Thordan EX is more facerollish. Probably SOL with apartments though.

My friend is i220ish, what could I suggest him doing with this patch to get him a bit higher? I see Diadem drops 235 but only concern if people are actually doing the content. At least lore is the new eso so he should be able to easily catch up, and do the 24 man raid each week. I guess he could do Alex creator but the lockout is going to hinder his progress, he might lose interest when there are blocks on gear progression.

Noi

So I hadn't touched PotD since I soloed 1-10 when it first came out in 3.2 or whenever that was. So tonight I tried 11-20 and spent a good bit of time going at it even resetting twice mid way through so all in all about 90 minutes wrapped up in this and I finally get to the boss and..... realize that there isnt' anyway I can solo this boss as a Black Mage.

I think its a real bummer they didn't tune this thing more towards scaling to how many people are in the instance. Cause I would really like to just have a nice relaxing random dungeon I could do at my leisure solo.

Going solo is fun because the slow and measured way you have to about clearing each floor gives you a real sense of tension. With a full proper party all of that tension goes away. The entire thing takes on an entire differently feel.

I might just retry and actually get a party but coming to this realization tonight bummed me out. :(

Try floors 1-10 again solo. They added pomanders and increased the exp gain/treasure drop rate so you should be better set to tackle the later floors.

Gonna resub this weekend, I'm on a media blackout until then and I don't want to get spoiled this new development I've been waiting for since the end of ARR's story. The tome grind is gonna suck, but I think I can max out scripture in three days if I go hard.

Goddess EX looks far easier than Sephirot and Nidhogg, at least more forgiving. Glad to hear that Thordan EX is more facerollish. Probably SOL with apartments though.

My friend is i220ish, what could I suggest him doing with this patch to get him a bit higher? I see Diadem drops 235 but only concern if people are actually doing the content. At least lore is the new eso so he should be able to easily catch up, and do the 24 man raid each week. I guess he could do Alex creator but the lockout is going to hinder his progress, he might lose interest when there are blocks on gear progression.
I'm in the same boat but worse. I'm i206 right now, can't go through msq dungeon, never did second batch of alexander stuff, never did any of the extreme primals or even sephirot normal, no weeping city

I'm so behind. I was hoping to get it on the goddess ex while it's still fresh before I can get kicked for being unfamiliar with it, but the gear level got way higher than I thought it would and so I'm not sure I'l be able to do anything. What would be my surest bet for gearing up?

I know I gotta do sephirot before goddess, but do I have to do all the other ex primals too?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm in the same boat but worse. I'm i206 right now, can't go through msq dungeon, never did second batch of alexander stuff, never did any of the extreme primals or even sephirot normal, no weeping city

I'm so behind. I was hoping to get it on the goddess ex while it's still fresh before I can get kicked for being unfamiliar with it, but the gear level got way higher than I thought it would and so I'm not sure I'l be able to do anything. What would be my surest bet for gearing up?

I know I gotta do sephirot before goddess, but do I have to do all the other ex primals too?
Yes... The heavensward Ex primals are a lot easier than 2.0 Ex primals.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I think the only requirement you need to do is clear the normal mode. They stopped linking the Ex trials when 3.0 launched, so if you want you can just jump to Sophia Ex after doing Seph normal -> Soph normal as long as you meet the ilv.

You can get a 235 weapon by running palace of the dead. Should take ~3 runs if you run both slots concurrently.

Ken

I'd say try to hit 210 this week so you can do the new dungeons + exdr for the new tomestones that get you the shire gear.

Weeping city isn't bad too if you're feeling lucky cause it's unlimited 230 left side.

Also be collecting lore tomes for 230 vendor gear. If Midas normal isn't dead you can hit that up for quick 220 accessories.

Palace of the dead gets you a 235 weapon.

Once you hit 230 you can start collecting the Alexandrian tokens!

Probably grinding for lore? That will get you to 230-240.

Omni

Sophia ex is... different. That last phase seems random? I found it hard to predict what was coming next. Which is not good when you're main healing xD Not sure if that's just because I'm new to the fight or what. Overall it's nice though.

Got her down to 35% or something today. So I think I'll clear this week. Hopefully!

IvorB

Derped hard and thought I was ilvl 230 and I was really ilvl 223 so it'll be a while before I can go to Alexander.

Oh wait... what? I don't think I'm 230. Guess I can't do it either which is a bummer since that's the one thing I thought I would be able to do while it was fresh. I have lore gear and Midan gear so I guess I need to upgrade the lore and get stuff from Weeping City. Is that right?

Oh wait... what? I don't think I'm 230. Guess I can't do it either which is a bummer since that's the one thing I thought I would be able to do while it was fresh. I have lore gear and Midan gear so I guess I need to upgrade the lore and get stuff from Weeping City. Is that right?
Lore gear is 230, upgrading it with Void Ark/Weeping City mats will get it to 240.

tgl3

Neo Member
Alex was great fun. Ran Noct AST for it and my god these buffs are so good.
Hildebrand was hilarious as always.

Now to finish leveling my crafters to 60 and figure how the hell I'm supposed to gear them.

IvorB

Lore gear is 230, upgrading it with Void Ark/Weeping City mats will get it to 240.

Yeah need to upgrade some lore pieces and replace the Midan ones I guess. The upgrades are from Weeping City not Void Ark though surely...

Hopefully I can at least do the new dungeons.

Going through the 3.4 MSQ right now and wow! Alisaie is an absolute breath of fresh air to the cast of characters especially after how stagnant the regular Scions have become.

ebil

Going through the 3.4 MSQ right now and wow! Alisaie is an absolute breath of fresh air to the cast of characters especially after how stagnant the regular Scions have become.
I was impressed. She wasn't really given her time to shine in 2.x but she was really well written here, and I appreciate they acknowledged her Tales of the Dragonsong War short story. She's probably my favourite character out of them all now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Slowly getting worse than a F2P cash shop it seems...

If it helps, I saw that the set of clothing has a +30 EXP bonus on it for level 30 and below. Paired with the ring and friendship circlet, that's a lot of bonus EXP to get to 30.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Slowly getting worse than a F2P cash shop it seems...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just because something you wanted is more costly than you had anticipated. Fanfest virtual tickets are more expensive that that, some items come from merchandise, but that doesn't make the game F2P lite does it? I feel like this kneejerk happens every time they put something on the cash shop.

What's the emote?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXq1rGlBIU

I take it back. Fire Yoshida.

SOLDIER

Can someone explain how the new crossbar options work? I'd like to get the optimal controller shortcuts for PS4, but I have no idea what the new options do or how to best implement them.

Did Xelphatol fucking crash or something? Is Ultros down?

I just did a run, and as soon as I clicked exit, "Connection with the server was lost."

I try to log back in, there's a queue. I get past the queue, "Connection with the server was lost."

I'm gonna have to fucking run it again, aren't I? -_-

Ken

Did Xelphatol fucking crash or something? Is Ultros down?

I just did a run, and as soon as I clicked exit, "Connection with the server was lost."

I try to log back in, there's a queue. I get past the queue, "Connection with the server was lost."

I'm gonna have to fucking run it again, aren't I? -_-

Hey man, if you bought the dress, barding and emote to fund better servers this could have been avoided.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Can someone explain how the new crossbar options work? I'd like to get the optimal controller shortcuts for PS4, but I have no idea what the new options do or how to best implement them.

You can double click LT/RT to bring up an extra set of crossbars for buttons/directionals for more whatever. Macros, skills, etc.

So far Xelphatol and Alex 9 and 10 seem really easy. Trash mobs are made of paper and bosses aren't that bad.
The Great Gubal Library (Hard)'s last boss surprised me because you could actually wipe if you go at it with the attention I usually pay to these bosses.

I mean He casts the same things in the same order but yes the first time you really have to pay attention.
Oh I've only ran it once so I didn't know it was the same order. I was healer and screwed up and got turned into that...thing.. a couple times and was sitting with hp in the hundreds.

Demoskinos

Oh I've only ran it once so I didn't know it was the same order. I was healer and screwed up and got turned into that...thing.. a couple times and was sitting with hp in the hundreds.

He cycles through all three different circle mechanics once and then he will start casting all 3 back to back. The one thing that is random in the last segment is the place where the circles appear I think.

Kaname

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just because something you wanted is more costly than you had anticipated. Fanfest virtual tickets are more expensive that that, some items come from merchandise, but that doesn't make the game F2P lite does it? I feel like this kneejerk happens every time they put something on the cash shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXq1rGlBIU

I take it back. Fire Yoshida.

I don't know, it feels like the pricing for these items is so high to the point where they plan to make it their first source of income, which might as well already be for all I know. I mean, the dress is a bit over priced for my tastes but 7$ for such a basic emote? :/ And a pretty lame barding. Come on...surely they can do better than this.

Thorgal

Living flame is the one that confuses me when he goes tornado form and the tethers appear.
I get a plus and stand close, I get sucked in.

I get another plus and stand far away and he pushes me into the ring of fire.

What am I missing?

Kaname

Living flame is the one that confuses me when he goes tornado form and the tethers appear.
I get a plus and stand close, I get sucked in.

I get another plus and stand far away and he pushes me into the ring of fire.

What am I missing?

I think you need to check the polarity on the boss as well. It doesn't show up only on party members' tethers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom