• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERG0D

I recall reading something about having universal visuals for mechanics, after doing Library HM I can tell they really tried to. The quake from CT and +/- from Gordias were there. If they keep this up it will be great to have universal visuals.

Thorgal

Welp, A12S corpse is barely cold yet and already people are bitching on the forum that it is too easy.

Gordias is already forgotten it seems.

That A12 fight in normal mode is pretty crazy, will be interesting to see how it is in Savage if I get that far. I think I'll like the fights more once I can understand what the hell is going on.

Welp, A12S corpse is barely cold yet and already people are bitching on the forum that it is too easy.

Gordias is already forgotten it seems.

I think those are the people who think that a raid is only difficult and good if it takes the 0.1% a long time to beat it. Screw everyone else outside of a few dozen players.

It's likely that there's a significant amount of dunning kruger in effect in there as well.

Meciu

Yesterday we tried A9S for the first time. We killed it on second lockout. Really fun fight but sadly i'll be absolutely DESTROYED by teams with 270 gear + weapons lol

ebil

Maybe Square will funnel some money to YoshiP after 15 is released. That way we'll get the expansion in s timely fashion after 3.55, but I doubt it.
I mean, keeping expectations in check is a sane thing to do, but there's no need to be overly pessimistic either. As Frumix said, they told the press they were ahead of schedule (and that they were done with the MSQ for 4.0 and started recording a while ago).

Yesterday we tried A9S for the first time. We killed it on second lockout. Really fun fight but sadly i'll be absolutely DESTROYED by teams with 270 gear + weapons lol
I haven't been in there yet but A5s wasn't any different in my experience. I'm happy that the casual raiders who still struggle with Hummelfaust (yeah...) will have a chance to clear this. It'll be a great morale booster for them when that happens.

Meciu

Also, one thing. CD reset after wipe is an absolute GAME CHANGER when it comes to raiding and progress. No more bullshit waiting for 3-5 min CD's after a wipe. Boss killed us at at 5%? No problem. We revive, after 30 sec everyones ready, last few words and here we go again.

IvorB

I recall reading something about having universal visuals for mechanics, after doing Library HM I can tell they really tried to. The quake from CT and +/- from Gordias were there. If they keep this up it will be great to have universal visuals.

This has a been thing for a while now and I love it. One of my least favourite things about this game it having to read up on mechanics and stuff so anything that can help just react to stuff on the fly is great for me. Like the move-away-from-this, stand-under-this etc.

Did the Library HM last night the bosses were really fun. And I even got usable loot which just shows how behind I am. Now I need to do Final Steps of Faith so I can unlock the second dungeon.

In my drive to get Lore and ilvl 230 equips from Weeping City I've quickly capped out on Scripture for the week. Now if only I had any fucking luck in the Weeping City and getting the equips there. Past couple Weeping City runs have been super smooth which can only mean my next run will be a disaster.

Sorely tempted to spend Scripture on a a left side item just to 'falsify' my way to ilvl 230 to do Alexander. But I won't because I want that healer body item so much.

IvorB

In my drive to get Lore and ilvl 230 equips from Weeping City I've quickly capped out on Scripture for the week. Now if only I had any fucking luck in the Weeping City and getting the equips there. Past couple Weeping City runs have been super smooth which can only mean my next run will be a disaster.

Sorely tempted to spend Scripture on a a left side item just to 'falsify' my way to ilvl 230 to do Alexander. But I won't because I want that healer body item so much.

Well if you can get into Alex this week you can get all your drops from there for the week as well as the weapon one so falsifying your way isn't such a bad idea.

Just spend your lore for that.

Stuart444

I have so much to catch up on >_< several patches worth. Not played much due to both personal issues and computer issues so having to buy a new PS4 so me and Alice can play together still.

So yeah, should be able to get a start sometime in November with the release of PS4P.

I think we're right before the Anti-tower though we need more gear for it lol.

Wilsongt

nice, fanfest stream is $30 this year to continue funding those two dungeons/patch

You're paying for the minion. I paid two years ago and never even redeemed my moogle outfit code because it was hideous.
I'll buy this year, also, for the little trickle of information we might get about 4.0, and the live letter focusing on shitty questions no one cares about and a rehash of 3.4.

Also, A11 is amazing. These references to a Square long dead IP made me smile, and to have the actual ability to see someone destroyed by a mechanic as you zip away is cathartic.

Oh and being a AST nowadays is a fucking dream. Now I don't feel so much like a extremely pale imitation of a WHM or SCH and timer/recast changes on the buff related skills is lovely.

WHM and SCH won't be bullying us at the healer table now!

Hey everyone. Been getting back into the game and completing all the 3.0 I had left behind and was wondering if I should bite the bullet and pay for a server transfer to Ultros. Seems like an odd question but the server Im on and the FC Im in doesn't really jell with me and being apart of the GAF FC seems like a no brainer. Basically is there any reason NOT to?

Stuart444

Hey everyone. Been getting back into the game and completing all the 3.0 I had left behind and was wondering if I should bite the bullet and pay for a server transfer to Ultros. Seems like an odd question but the server Im on and the FC Im in doesn't really jell with me and being apart of the GAF FC seems like a no brainer. Basically is there any reason NOT to?

Don't see any reason not to. Do it!

dramatis

If you're not in generally US time zone, you might find a more active FC for your timezone elsewhere.

Dargor

Man, its kind of a bummer seeing you guys talking about the stuff you're doing :(

I'm having no time to play at all, and I just started so theres plenty to do, but I can't.

Been trying to get my char to lvl 15 with a marauder, so that I can focus on a lancer to unlock the dragoon class, but I've been struggling on 10-15 for 3 days now, simply cuz I don't have the time to log in and put in a couple of quests :(

Yesterday I logged in and couldn't play cuz something showed up and I had to work on a article for college till 2 in the morning, while my character just stood there lol.

Hope nothing happens on the weekend cuz I think I'll finally have some proper free time!

ebil

I just spent some time spamming the A12s dummy with Ruin 2 to check my accuracy. They probably didn't raise the accuracy cap at all from Midas, which is nice (I've read similar reports - if it has been raised, it is by a tiny amount).

Also, A11 is amazing. These references to a Square long dead IP made me smile, and to have the actual ability to see someone destroyed by a mechanic as you zip away is cathartic.
A11 is pretty fun, I just wish I knew how you're supposed to survive that double prey; if it targets me I have to just resign myself to death lol.

ebil

A11 is pretty fun, I just wish I knew how you're supposed to survive that double prey; if it targets me I have to just resign myself to death lol.
You have to heal/shield through it. It's pretty easy but I have never seen a DPS survive it (and never survived it as a DPS) unless I was healing.

So wow...

Spoilers Ahoy:
Story was pretty good, literally every loose end from the end of ARR has been wrapped up. A bit surprised the Warriors of Darkness came to a conclusion, they were building them up to be the anti heroes. This is good though, too many plotlines kind of weaken the entire story IMHO.

Yda and Palypymo are going to be front and center for the expansion for sure. Game made us jump through hoops to reunite the Scions and this patch was all "fuck it, here are the last two."

Dat cliffhanger...

Today I'll work on Warring Triad and unlock Sophia and focus on the creator and start working in gear. Need to do Weeping City each week so I can build a stockpile of V materia for this new set of gear.

I just spent some time spamming the A12s dummy with Ruin 2 to check my accuracy. They probably didn't raise the accuracy cap at all from Midas, which is nice (I've read similar reports - if it has been raised, it is by a tiny amount).
Reports say something between 626 and 644 for casters, around 710 for front DPS, 699 for tank stance. It's veeeeery slightly higher than Midas, which makes me think they are actually considering purging accuracy from 4.0. That would make me so happy.

ebil

Reports say something between 626 and 644 for casters, around 710 for front DPS, 699 for tank stance. It's veeeeery slightly higher than Midas, which makes me think they are actually considering purging accuracy from 4.0. That would make me so happy.
Heh, I didn't get a single miss at 608 in like 300 spells, but that's not a huge sample size. It got me wondering whether they would finally remove that stat, too.

ebil

626 got the guy one miss so it's probably something around 630.
That could have been an auto-attack. I've just caught on that reddit thread and people are correcting the person who claims they've been missing at 626. People are actually reporting 0 misses out of 3320 hits with 592. Makes me so happy!

That could have been an auto-attack. I've just caught on that reddit thread and people are correcting the person who claims they've been missing at 626. People are actually reporting 0 misses out of 3320 hits with 592. Makes me so happy!
Parsing in melee range for that book slap padding

Sifl

Sophia ex is probably my favorite primal. The mechanics not being 100% guaranteed in the same order every run and a bunch of deaths not equaling a wipe is good. Only criticism id give of that is too many deaths can occur and still clear it, dps check could've been a little tighter.

Edit: To clarify, dying=/=wiping is good, 15 deaths and still beating enrage=bad

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I initially didn't really like Sophia fight or her song but I warmed up to it after a few clears. The lyrics are pretty nice (teh Rie on vocals!).

rubius01

Forward and back and then forward and back and then one step forward.

studyguy

FUCK I'm too afraid to let my stickers rip beyond 7/9
I've shuffled like 6 times already and my rolls look worse each time.
Fuck me I want that fending armor so bad.

Thorgal

Go listen to SONIC BOOM.

studyguy

So at the rate SE introduces new mechanics to stack on old ones.... With the ACTIVE TIME MANEUVER it's only a matter of time till we're playing a rhythm game while stopping tankbusters in 5.0

Wilsongt

Definitely a bop that was causing my milkshake to bring all the boys to my yard last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom