• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

tumblr_oeavsffwKY1rq8cyho1_540.png

Squishy3

So you can't watch fanfest unless you buy the stream? I thought that was only for the HD/Source version of the stream.
I don't think we know exactly how it's structured yet. Fanfest 2014 was the Live Letter and Q&A stuff was available to watch for people for free but that was also on Twitch instead of Cleeng which is what they're using now. I don't think Twitch has the ability to prevent people from watching live streams at all if you don't sub, only the higher resolutions and VODs.

ebil

In my never ending quest to see every enrage in the game, I've now experienced Alexander's hard enrage after 12:15 minutes and 23 rez. Cross-shaped AOEs are hard.

Cmagus

The Alexandrian gear looks really lazy compared to Midan or even Gordias gear.

Tank visor just disappears with no animation, healer hat looks like cleric artifact 2 and Gordian BRD / NIN head, healer chest looks like a god damn gatherer chestpiece. Healer / BRD and BLM / NIN are reskins which is weird but kinda okay when I think about it, better than BRD / NIN reskins again.

Not a fan of the design either, cursing the fact that I got 2 lenses this week as a SCH.

I dunno I think the NIN stuff looks cool especially the body piece. I got the belt and head piece this week, I kind of like it.

Also I like the Ducktales reference

RP3Nzhk.png

Starting back up now after finishing the 3.2 MSQ. Trying to start the Final Steps of Faith trial but it requires 210 gear and I only have ESO gear. What's the optimal way of getting to 210?

Cmagus

The new gpose camera setting are alright although most of the filters look kind of bad. Really only the pastel one looks good but it's so overblown outside. Also I'm not sure if you can actually pose using the gpose feature

Not sure why this is a filter but ok

Ogawa-san

Man, A12 was really cool. Makes me wish I was around back then to clear coil as it came out.

Also gives me an itch to try savage, but raiding still feels impenetrable to me. Maybe next expansion :|

Qvoth

i dunno, it seems to me now is the perfect time to try out savage
seems like this could be the easiest savage in a while

Bouniter

Steadily working my way through the classes getting them all to level 30 to find out which I Enjoy and to my surprise I have bee enjoying all of them including Conjurer/White Mage which was a huge surprise as I never ever play anyone magical or healer in any game.

Then I hit Lancer and my god am I missing something they are slow they are boring and they miss almost as often as they hit, it is seriously not uncommon for me to miss 3-4 hits in a row. What is it people enjoy about this class?

Bard, Thaumaturge and Warrior left to look at after Lancer looking forward to all 3 of those.

So far though I'm going to really struggle to pick a main, I'm greatly enjoying the variety on offer.

Edit: urgh my touch pad clearly didn't like this post

Heartfyre

Steadily working my way through the classes getting them all to level 30 to find out which I Enjoy and to my surprise I have bee enjoying all of them Conjurer/White Mage as I never ever play anyone magical or healer in any game.

Then I hit Lancer and my god am I missing something they are slow they are boring and they miss almost as often as they hit, it is seriously not uncommon for me to miss 3-4 hits in a row. What is it people enjoy about this class?

Bard, Thaumaturge and Warrior left to looking after Lancer looking forward to all 3 of those.

So far though I'm going to really struggle to pick a main I'm greatly enjoying the variety on offer.

Dragoons don't miss once you get better gear. Never, in my experience. I enjoy the class mostly with the additions from Level 50 onwards -- juggling two combo damage rotations with an additional fourth-tier combo allowance constantly ticking down, which also limits your use of Geirskogul, while also having to deal with avoiding enemy AOEs and playing to individual boss mechanics...it can get very involved. Can't speak to other melee DPS, but Level 60 DRG is never a dull affair.

ConmanIX

Out of curiosity, when the next patch hits, will upgrading scripture gear require a coin from all 3 void raids, or just weeping city and the 3rd one. Thinking of doing a mhach a day to build up some coins

Beat Sophia first time. Had a blast. Sophia's got a great theme, hell all the Primals do if you ask me, though her's it a bit of an odd one out there because it's a sad theme rather than upbeat or threatening like most of them save for Ramuh.

Steadily working my way through the classes getting them all to level 30 to find out which I Enjoy and to my surprise I have bee enjoying all of them including Conjurer/White Mage which was a huge surprise as I never ever play anyone magical or healer in any game.

Bard, Thaumaturge and Warrior left to look at after Lancer looking forward to all 3 of those.

So far though I'm going to really struggle to pick a main, I'm greatly enjoying the variety on offer.

Edit: urgh my touch pad clearly didn't like this post
If you're missing attacks on a tank or damage dealer, your gear lacks accuracy and you should upgrade because that's not normal.

Lancer and Thaumaturge only start to make some sense in the high 40s, so don't dismiss them based on low levels. Lancer especially is VERY complicated and active later on, compared to the one button afair it is on low levels.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I bought FFXIV today, in the mood of a bit of MMO lately. Can I just jump servers from German to wherever GAF is, or do I have to be careful with this? Also, are people on here still playing a lot?

dramatis

I bought FFXIV today, in the mood of a bit of MMO lately. Can I just jump servers from German to wherever GAF is, or do I have to be careful with this? Also, are people on here still playing a lot?
When you first start up you can select a data center (cluster of servers), there's a specific EU data center, but you can pick any.

If you feel you will play mostly during EU prime time, I suggest you go with the EU data center. If you don't mind staying up incredibly late, you can find the Ultros server on the (I think) Primal data center.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Every server is available to you. There's plenty of GAF people on Ultros, but not too many people on EU hours- they exist, but you may be better off on something like Odin.

Bouniter

If you're missing attacks on a tank or damage dealer, your gear lacks accuracy and you should upgrade because that's not normal.

Lancer and Thaumaturge only start to make some sense in the high 40s, so don't dismiss them based on low levels. Lancer especially is VERY complicated and active later on, compared to the one button afair it is on low levels.

I was about level 13-14 when I wrote that with as good gear as I could get for that level, better than I had when I was levelling my other dps classes (that didn't miss often) so they certainly just inherently miss more at low levels, I will persevere with it though if it doesn't bloom until past level 40.

Now at level 17 missing is less frequent but seems to still be more common than any other class. And again my gear is as good as it can sensibly be for the level having already levelled up the 2 other melee dps classes.

Nohar

Phew. A9 to A12 completed today. Was really fun. Soken really outdid himself in this patch, the OST is marvelous.

I'll take a while to have a decent stuff for Savage, assuming I find the time to do these raids. In any case, I'm having fun for the moment.

Still, I'm disappointed by the Appartments. I was expecting something bigger.

Aeana

I haven't played this game since the week 3.05 came out.
"I should get used to healing again by choosing a lower level dungeon," I think to myself. So I pick leveling roulette, forgetting that it also includes 51-60 dungeons. Suddenly I'm in the Vault.

I guess that's one way to get used to healing again very quickly. Fortunately, my scholar muscle memory is still pretty good. I just had forgotten what most of the bosses do.

I haven't played this game since the week 3.05 came out.
"I should get used to healing again by choosing a lower level dungeon," I think to myself. So I pick leveling roulette, forgetting that it also includes 51-60 dungeons. Suddenly I'm in the Vault.

I guess that's one way to get used to healing again very quickly. Fortunately, my scholar muscle memory is still pretty good. I just had forgotten what most of the bosses do.
Trial by fire. Literally

Fucking Charibert

Aeana

All right, so my gear is outdated. I'm ilvl 183. I haven't done anything since the normal version of the first tier of Alexander. What is an effective way of starting to get caught up gear-wise?

All right, so my gear is outdated. I'm ilvl 183. I haven't done anything since the normal version of the first tier of Alexander. What is an effective way of starting to get caught up gear-wise?

Lore stuff is ilvl 230 so do dungeons and stuff and get enough to pad your average ilvl to 210 which will let you do the latest dungeons, the third tier of alexander requires ilvl 230. Second tier of Alex will give you ilvl 220 equipment and there's no weekly cap for the upgrade items so you can just do it a bunch of times to get some quick 220 stuff.

You can get the 4 gears for your 230 weapon by doing Alex 8 (last fight of second tier).

ebil

I would run Void Ark (i200), Midas (i220), Weeping City (i230) and unlock dungeons as your ilv allows. You'll get a lot of Tomestones of Lore that you can spend to upgrade your gear to ilv 230, Mhachi Farthing/Pennies for i240 upgrades and regular loot to fill up the remaining gear slots too.

ebil

I would run Void Ark (rewards i200 gear), Midas (i220), Weeping City (i230) and unlock dungeons as your ilv allows. You'll get a lot of Tomestones of Lore that you can spend to upgrade your gear to ilv 230, Mhachi Farthing/Pennies for i240 upgrades and regular loot to fill up the remaining gear slots too.

Edit: you can get into Void Ark, St Mocianne's Arboretum, Pharos Sirius HM, Antitower (unlocked via 3.2 MSQ) and Lost City of Amdapor HM with your current item level.

Shahed

I'm really liking Apartments. A stable, summoning bell and market board close by without all the crazy chat spam you might get at say Limsa. I put a Mender and Melder in my room, as well as an Unending Journey, Ochestrian, Armoire and another Summoning Bell also. No need to go to the Inn or anywhere else really for utilities. The only thing that's missing is a Moogle Post. And it's only 500k. Well for the apartment at least. Probably about 2m total including the other stuff.

I was considering spending tens of millions of Gil on buying a house just for the ease of the above. Now that's unnecessary

Thorgal

Dear diary,

Today I got trolled by the last boss in Gubal library hard.

The boss was at 20% and both lb bars where filled so i used it.

Suddenly I noticed that the boss was casting his mechanic that turns everyone into imps.

He turned me right in the middle of the lb animation.

The result :lb did 0 damage, both bars where still consumed.

To ad salt to the wound he killed me with the thunder spell right afterwards.

I spend the next minute spamming the facepalm emote.

Shahed

Oh.
Okay I have 6 million so I'm close.
What level are your retainers? I started Heavensward just before 3.3 hit and had about 3m to my name. However eventually my Retainers first hit 50 and I gave them my Poetic/Dread gear from 2.0 and they started to come back with useful items to sell. Once they hit 60 and I equipped them with i200~ gear that improved again and i200 is quite easy to get via Void Ark, Midas or anything else.

I've been subscribed for like 1.5 months total Heavensward and I went from 3m to about 30m with little time wasted. Quick Ventures got the majority of my money and the rest was selling the weekly Grade V materia. If you have done the ARR beast tribes you could get the daily materia and sell those as well but I never bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom