• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What level are your retainers? I started Heavensward just before 3.3 hit and had about 3m to my name. However eventually my Retainers first hit 50 and I gave them my Poetic/Dread gear from 2.0 and they started to come back with useful items to sell. Once they hit 60 and I equipped them with i200~ gear that improved again and i200 is quite easy to get via Void Ark, Midas or anything else.

I've been subscribed for like 1.5 months total Heavensward and I went from 3m to about 30m with little time wasted. Quick Ventures got the majority of my money and the rest was selling the weekly Grade V materia. If you have done the ARR beast tribes you could get the daily materia and sell those as well but I never bothered.

My retainers are still level one.

So if you send them on ventures they get gil for you?

Ken

ffxiv_10022016_100207_zps9cckabre.png

I'm really liking Apartments. A stable, summoning bell and market board close by without all the crazy chat spam you might get at say Limsa. I put a Mender and Melder in my room, as well as an Unending Journey, Ochestrian, Armoire and another Summoning Bell also. No need to go to the Inn or anywhere else really for utilities. The only thing that's missing is a Moogle Post. And it's only 500k. Well for the apartment at least. Probably about 2m total including the other stuff.

I was considering spending tens of millions of Gil on buying a house just for the ease of the above. Now that's unnecessary

I used to own a house but spent more time in the outside looking at the waterfalls in the Lavender Beds instead of inside. Ended up getting auto-demolished anyway when I unsubbed for a few months. If what you said is right then that sounds like a much better option. Can you buy all that stuff from the vendors in the housing sections?

Man the last 25% of Heart of the Creator's boss fight is the fucking worst.

FORWARD AND BACK AND THEN FORWARD AND BACK

Accurately describes my current situation with this boss. Fun but that last 25% is AoE hell. I swear to beat it tonight though.

Shahed

My retainers are still level one.

So if you send them on ventures they get gil for you?

When you send retaners out they come back with random stuff that you can sell. Most of the time it will be rubbish but you'll occasionally get something useful to sell for up to 500k or more. The chances and better items are when you max the retainer out. It takes a while though so if your retainers are level 1 now, you've got a long way to go. Unless you're and you get a rare item meaning extra EXP, it'll be at least a month if not more of quick ventures. I did it slowly over time.

I used to own a house but spent more time in the outside looking at the waterfalls in the Lavender Beds instead of inside. Ended up getting auto-demolished anyway when I unsubbed for a few months. If what you said is right then that sounds like a much better option. Can you buy all that stuff from the vendors in the housing sections?

The stable, summoning bell and market board are just outside the apartment. Inside the lobby you can buy Materia Melder and Mender NPC permits for cheap and place them in your room. The extra bell I put in my apartment itself, along with the other stuff like Armoire I just bought from the market board.

When you send retaners out they come back with random stuff that you can sell. Most of the time it will be rubbish but you'll occasionally get something useful to sell for up to 500k or more. The chances and better items are when you max the retainer out. It takes a while though so if your retainers are level 1 now, you've got a long way to go. Unless you're and you get a rare item meaning extra EXP, it'll be at least a month if not more of quick ventures. I did it slowly over time.

The stable, summoning bell and market board are just outside the apartment. Inside the lobby you can buy Materia Melder and Mender NPC permits for cheap and place them in your room. The extra bell I put in my apartment itself, along with the other stuff like Armoire I just bought from the market board.

I made them both Gladiator since i mainly play tank classes. Is it ok to have them both be the same class or are you supposed to make them different?

Wilsongt

i cleared after about 2 hours+
about the same with my brother

First group I was with was competent and we kept getting to around 50%. The second group I was with... Not so much. Then I tried raid finder and... yeah. So overall, about 2 1/2 hours of work.

Been getting back into this again as of...well, today. ilevel 205, messing around with palace of the dead, caught up with 2.4's start, need more ilvl.

Think I will just keep playing PotD until I get i235 for my DRK and complete the relic for MNK.

I've had good luck with making money off PotD. Just about every run I at least get one thing worth 300k+, sometimes two. It's also good for leveling other stuff so I've been leveling my MCH there.

Did this release on Xbox One, or is there some Windows 10 linkage to a gamertag? A friend of mine is online playing FFXIV ARR and I had no idea this was anything beyond a rumor a while ago.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Did this release on Xbox One, or is there some Windows 10 linkage to a gamertag? A friend of mine is online playing FFXIV ARR and I had no idea this was anything beyond a rumor a while ago.
The Xbox app on W10 has support for the top 1000 PC games.

Qvoth

sophia barding is like 1 million+ in tonberry
not gonna spend that much for a barding, expecting it to drop to few hundred thousand in 2-3 weeks anyway
wtzgU.gif

I have been on a journey the past 3 days and it has changed me.

On Thursday, I was a scrub who was barely getting Sophia ex tank buster timers down, relying on a marked person to guide me to safety.

Now, I am a grizzled veteran shaking my fucking head as people die to the same shit over and over again in "farm" parties because they are looking at their damn hotbars and not bothering to learn how the fight works.

I am afraid of what I have become.

On Thursday, I was a scrub who was barely getting Sophia ex tank buster timers down, relying on a marked person to guide me to safety.

Now, I am a grizzled veteran shaking my fucking head as people die to the same shit over and over again in "farm" parties because they are looking at their damn hotbars and not bothering to learn how the fight works.

youve built an ivory tower

Sophia EX is kind of an annoying fight since the third phase lasts forever.

People that pretend they know how tilts work and just stand on the edge every Quasar doesn't help.

I think the true reason I enjoyed the last Alexander bosses has a lot to do with the fact deaths are recoverable. No "Oh one of the healers or tanks died? Wipe!!!" They were certainly 'hard' but there isn't a ton of mechanics to remember and for Cruiser the main challenge comes from dealing with the AoE hell moments and your healers being on top of their game.

Course I haven't done savage so w/e.

Leunam

I think the true reason I enjoyed the last Alexander bosses has a lot to do with the fact deaths are recoverable. No "Oh one of the healers or tanks died? Wipe!!!" They were certainly 'hard' but there isn't a ton of mechanics to remember and for Cruiser the main challenge comes from dealing with the AoE hell moments and your healers being on top of their game.

Course I haven't done savage so w/e.

You might even call it bullet hell.

Ogawa-san

Running PotD trying to get less poor, managed to get that hairstyle within two runs. And I have no idea how much it's actually worth by now.

Reknoc

I clearly need to get into the PotD hairstyles thing. shame the bishop is ripping me off and just giving me junk out of her pocket or whatever since I doubt someone would go through the trouble of getting a special bag, burying it and making it only retrievable by standing in a specific location, and putting in a gridanian firecracker

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Gamer @ Heart
"Look at what I become."

But yeah I feel many people get 'nam style flashbacks to Titan, Leviathan, and Sephirot EX when they fight her. Like one moment you are casting and then you see everyone running and you quickly try to drop what you are doing to follow them and survive. I think casters got the worst deal since melees stay with Sophia all day. For regular sophia, since I cant do EX yet, I survived for the most part but still died as the black mage at around 15% on my first run by getting knocked off. I am going to train for EX by trying to learn the best strategy for black mages, and maybe run base sophia again.

And I just remembered I havent completed Nidhogg EX, so what fun I will have today.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Getting to see other people's chocobo in a stable made me wonder what genie did they pay to get 10-10-10 in their steed's stats.
Someone on Cerberus is offering to buy it for 5mil so depending on your server you might be in luck.
Wow. That costs more than what I spent on my apartment cube and furnishings.
Even my Mog Axe cost more than my apartment and everything in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom