• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Cruise Chaser is a budget Starscream: confirm/deny?

ur a budget starscream

Also the transformers references were back in Midas

Cc blassty 1986, transformers g1 1984 rip

Well, it's not really bearable until level 10 when you can get cleric stance. (._. )
I just finished the 10th floor boss finally.

Did you get enough upgrades to do the next set of floors?

Anyone getting a "Connection with the server was lost 10105" error on ultros? I was 15 minutes into The Stone Vigil (just got there in the story quest! I think I'm nearing the end of the 2.0 story content!) and now I can't log back in.

edit:
there's a reddit thread, apparently it's a problem with instance servers across different servers

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
jeez waiting for the inofficial German servers to allow new regs for the entire day now lol. I didn't miss this in other MMOs.

edit: midnight now and still no chance. Man.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
ur a budget starscream

Also the transformers references were back in Midas

Cc blassty 1986, transformers g1 1984 rip

Did you get enough upgrades to do the next set of floors?
Ken please. Thats not the kind of question you ask someone who doubts PotD. A better question would be how close are you to getting the aetherial weapons?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A10S down. Thank you Yoshi-P for blessing this raid.

CtzebDmUsAAoQGG.jpg:large

Celcius

°Temp. member
For anyone on the fence about buying the game, FF14 ARR and Heavensward are both currently on sale for only $10 each: https://store.na.square-enix.com/final-fantasy-xiv-sale
I just took advantage of the sale and upgraded my 14 day free trial into a full account, so now my FF14 adventures can continue :)
I didn't buy Heavensward since it will probably be a long time before I get to that content.

Squishy3

For anyone on the fence about buying the game, FF14 ARR and Heavensward are both currently on sale for only $10 each: https://store.na.square-enix.com/final-fantasy-xiv-sale
I just took advantage of the sale and upgraded my 14 day free trial into a full account, so now my FF14 adventures can continue :)
I didn't buy Heavensward since it will probably be a long time before I get to that content.
Yeah no point in buying it right away but if you hit level 50 I'd recommend buying it, as you can earn experience from the level 50 dungeons and leveling roulette while making your way through the subsequent patch storyline quests, and get a headstart on levels in Heavensward.

Demoskinos

Yoooooooooooooo Sophia EX is pretty fucking rad. Our first night tonight and we nearly cleared. Got to 10% with 20 deaths before we saw enrage. So next time we meet we should have it but damn man this fight is fun. :D

Squishy3

I'd say even normal A11 is the hardest turn out of the normal set, can imagine the same for Savage. Lots of stuff to trip people up and some dumb decisions made for the indicators (Why are the AOEs shot from the bits the same color as the Optical Sight AOEs Cruise Chaser shoots out? Lots of effects and some of them disappear into other AOEs) and the triple hit Prey can easily lead to someone getting killed if healers aren't prepared for it

Same with the part of the AOEs in A12 that disappear if they're on the grates

Jayhawk

dont worry ppl will go back to saying there's no content soon

Kagari will be able to clear A12S and farm everyone's weapons before XV comes out, just as planned. I hope XV doesn't have any overmelding mechanics or else Kagari will be missing out on 100+ crit rate if that happens.

Qvoth

is a9s doable with i240 average?
done with sophia ex and this week's normal alex, might mess around with this, maybe put up a PF for fresh practice or something

creid

I need 23 scripture tomestones to cap. What's the fastest way to get them? I sat in frontlines roulette for half an hour and it never popped.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Fuck fuck fuck only got 10 hours left for yokai and forgot to farm for claymore. I need 7 more tokens too. Im runnin' now.
#gottagofast

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I need 23 scripture tomestones to cap. What's the fastest way to get them? I sat in frontlines roulette for half an hour and it never popped.

Trial roulettes tend to be quick. That gives you 10.

Hunts in Heavensward Zones also give 10.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, it's not really bearable until level 10 when you can get cleric stance. (._. )
I just finished the 10th floor boss finally.
I suggest going as a Summoner first and doing a few quick runs of 1-10/11-20 to level up your arm and armor. Seems to be the easiest class to solo PotD (up to a point, I guess) and the fastest way of leveling up your gear.

I decided that instead of getting 1 more Midan Gear and ~1000 Lore tomes I would use PotD to get my ilv 235 weapon. I mean I was at arm 21 and armor 20 or something like that, how long can it take. The answer is 2 full runs through the whole thing and some grinding on the side in 1-20. I was 30/29 for the first ~47 floors of that second full run, it was so irritating.

Anyway, boosted myself from 221 to 231 over the weekend, so now I can attempt to do the new Alexander before the reset and clear Sophia normal.

Thorgal

I know it is early, but With the lower difficulty of Alex:creator, do you guys see a possibility of Savage being puggable this tier?

So it's clear that when I spend 3-4 hours fate grinding for yokai medals until nearly 6am, I have clearly lost control of my life. I just really wanted that whisper mount but kept putting it off.

Omni

I'm so undecided on Sophia now that I've finished learning it.

Music and design is just gorgeous. I like it a lot. But the extreme version of the fight doesn't feel very... extreme. I know Thordan was an exception in terms of difficulty, but when your entire party can rack up 10+ deaths and still comfortably clear then it starts becoming less satisfying and a bit more questionable. It's like a Titan hard mode instead of Ex.

I feel like the tilts aren't nearly as bad enough to compensate for how much leeway they give you to fix mistakes. They should have made falling off be perma death. Maybe add in a vertical tilt too xD

Punishing individual mistakes harshly is awful design, there's nothing fun about wiping because one of your healers thinks 4 is an odd number and the other one can't handle Cintamanis alone.

Fights should be salvageable to a point unless you're making content for top tier raiders. Sophia gives you leeway but it's basically a strike system, two mistakes in a 1+- minute period and don't even bother raising without LB3.

ebil

I know it is early, but With the lower difficulty of Alex:creator, do you guys see a possibility of Savage being puggable this tier?
A9 and A10 will definitely be (and relatively quickly). From what I've seen of A11 it probably will be later on too. There's no crazy coordination checks involved in there but it's still going to be challenging.

A12 is up in the air but I don't see why not. It looks pretty close to T13 in terms of difficulty.

Sooooooooooooooo glad they are moving away from: "oh one of your party fell off the edge? Entire fight is a wipe because you cannot rez that person and will need them."

ebil

I've helped groups learn Sophia for 5+ hours last weekend, and I can say it's still going to be a difficult fight for your average player. It's easier and more forgiving than the previous Ex primals but there's less downtime between mechanics too. Had it not been so recoverable it would've been a nightmare.

A9 is 100% puggable. All it takes is assigning who deals with the generators and the MT knowing how to position the boss, the rest of the fight is basically the exact same as normal mode + Storm of Words.

Omni

Sooooooooooooooo glad they are moving away from: "oh one of your party fell off the edge? Entire fight is a wipe because you cannot rez that person and will need them."
I mean there's a balance (ha) to be had, I think. Sophia feels like they perhaps went a little too far in the opposite direction though. Even the DPS requirement seems rather low.

Not against content that's more accessible or whatever people are arguing about these days, but I was hoping for something a little tougher from an ex primal. Still fun and everything, but yanno.

Spoilers!!!

Alexander:
I find it insanely amusing that Alexander is suddenly this absolutely god-like Primal who can effectively do anything it wants and pleases but the reason it choose not to because in every timeline it was the the reason the world dies because it requires so much energy to do stuff even when it wants to help people. Also lmao at 'the power of love conquers all'.

Main Story spoiler:
Feel bad for the Warriors of Darkness. I almost laughed when Derplander of Darkness asked Hydaelyn/Minfilia why they had to suffer so fucking much for her to answer their prayers she told basically them it was her will that they suffer and despair for multiple lifetimes before she would help them. Also feels like they are obviously throwing a huge hint to the player/Warrior of Light that always working strictly for light isn't actually a good idea. aka fuck Hydaelyn can't trust her or Minfilia.

Moaradin

That was pretty annoying but with CDs being reset after wipes now, it's probably not that bad anymore.

Though I really appreciate how much refined raid mechanics are in general recently. Visual cues are a lot more obvious and don't require as much guess work. The petrifaction mechanics being the obvious example.

Wilsongt

Bravo, YoshiP. Alexander was shit, but at least that final fight was amazing.

I am super excited to keep doing Sophia and finally clear it. A shame all of the competent people have it on farm and the only learning parties left are those who can barely pass adds and don't know how to do meteors.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Spoilers!!!

Alexander:
I find it insanely amusing that Alexander is suddenly this absolutely god-like Primal who can effectively do anything it wants and pleases but the reason it choose not to because in every timeline it was the the reason the world dies because it requires so much energy to do stuff even when it wants to help people. Also lmao at 'the power of love conquers all'.

Main Story spoiler:
Feel bad for the Warriors of Darkness. I almost laughed when Derplander of Darkness asked Hydaelyn/Minfilia why they had to suffer so fucking much for her to answer their prayers she told basically them it was her will that they suffer and despair for multiple lifetimes before she would help them. Also feels like they are obviously throwing a huge hint to the player/Warrior of Light that always working strictly for light isn't actually a good idea. aka fuck Hydaelyn can't trust her or Minfilia.

BUT THE FUTURE HAD TO CHANGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom