• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

I tried setting up a crossbar layout for SCH that was logically consistent with both my SMN and AST bars but it was so difficult. It's the only class where I have to switch entire bars to use certain skills instead of just using the expanded crossbars.
I've never actually played SCH so it doesn't matter anyway

I'm really enjoying this tier of Alexander. With Gordias and Midas I never set foot in them until the very end of the patch before the next tier, when they were complete faceroll-tier and borderline irrelevant. I did A8 four times for the caster body and that was the extent of my experience. But I DF'd A9-11 last night and it's been so much fun. I got some head gear which is cool. I think I might actually end up getting the tome weapon this time around, after completely skipping the lore weapon.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Didn't expect to be able to do it, but I managed to finish Alexander The Creator before the reset.
This set of fights has been the easiest so far, right? It felt a bit weird, barely knowing the mechanics and yet clearing all floors without breaking a sweat. Not even one wipe, come on.

The final fight was cool, but all I could think of was that the
time stopping shenanigans
remind me of the Dark Falz Loser fight in PSO2. I wonder if Yoshi-P was inspired at all.

Can we discuss how adorable it is Faust refuses to give up despite parties constantly kicking its ass?

Titan HM and Faust were the best gatekeepers crystals could buy.

iammeiam

Faust-Z is like the embarassment of the Faust family. Hummelfaust and OG Faust won't even let him eat at the grown-up table. He and Full-metal Faust were at Faust daycare when Gordias and Midas went down and were thrust into combat when there was nobody else left.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Didn't expect to be able to do it, but I managed to finish Alexander The Creator before the reset.
This set of fights has been the easiest so far, right? It felt a bit weird, barely knowing the mechanics and yet clearing all floors without breaking a sweat. Not even one wipe, come on.

The final fight was cool, but all I could think of was that the
time stopping shenanigans
remind me of the Dark Falz Loser fight in PSO2. I wonder if Yoshi-P was inspired at all.
12 can still be super messy in Duty Finder apparently. I've only done premades myself but watching some streams... Yeah it can be rough if people don't dodge the big AOE.

Kaname

12 can still be super messy in Duty Finder apparently. I've only done premades myself but watching some streams... Yeah it can be rough if people don't dodge the big AOE.

Try to tell them not to stack when they have green markers lol most of them will ignore you and try to stay on top of you even if you are running away from them :p

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is that supposed to be bad?

I haven't seen anything from any class in this game that would necessitate the use of a keyboard over a controller.

This is probably the most controller friendly MMO I've ever played.

The opener is quite an etude with a bunch of double weaving. Eventually I just concluded the effort of learning it on a XHB layout wasn't worth it.

Chille

I only DF stuff really, and I find that 11 and 12 can be messy, 11 more then 12 I find

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I finally got the CatClaymore. That sword is too big, too thick, too long, and took way too much time to get. I have a video of me goingfast just to get it.
MCH on controller should be easy with the double cross bar thingy
Too bad my hand still hurts because its hold and not toggled.

I want to try MCH on a controller as I fumble on the keyboard too much. Or maybe I should get an MMO mouse.

AXE

Very interested to try this on the PS4.

Does anyone know if I have to buy the base game + heavensward? Its something like 60 euros and I don't feel like puckering that much up for just to try the game on the PS4.

EDIT: To clarify, I have this on the PC and I want to connect to that account

Ken

Does anyone know if I have to buy the base game + heavensward? Its something like 60 euros and I don't feel like puckering that much up for just to try the game on the PS4.

you have to buy the game and expansion again on the PS4

i'd just wait for a sale. they're pretty frequent and fanfest is coming up soon so maybe they'll have sales.

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Faust-Z is like the embarassment of the Faust family. Hummelfaust and OG Faust won't even let him eat at the grown-up table. He and Full-metal Faust were at Faust daycare when Gordias and Midas went down and were thrust into combat when there was nobody else left.

I really missed posts like this.

AXE

you have to buy the game and expansion again on the PS4

i'd just wait for a sale. they're pretty frequent and fanfest is coming up soon so maybe they'll have sales.

Hmm, you're right. Thanks. I'll wait for the sale.

Been leveling my SCH and its a pretty interesting class with lots to do. Usually been the MT in MMOs. I don't really touch the DPS classes at all. I guess these might be interesting to play but the mechanics haven't really delivered. I'm still hoping a buffer/dpser class like a Dancer, where you have to move between your ranged and melee groupies, and of course between the enemies. That'd be something I'd love to try.

Also, they should've linked the DoT skills of the SCH somehow. Now its just putting a condom on the tank until you've DoTted everything. Different combinations of DoTs might've been interesting.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
PS4SHARE is a wonderful thing. I found a bunch of old footage that I forgot to upload until now. Will post some here when its done rasterizing or something.

exfatal

Joing ff14 with some friends, was wondering how the server was for gaf? is it dying like heard other servers were? is it a good place/community for beginners
Some tips would be great and appreciated

aceface

Joing ff14 with some friends, was wondering how the server was for gaf? is it dying like heard other servers were? is it a good place/community for beginners
Some tips would be great and appreciated

Ultros is fine, it has around 3500 active players. It is most active during the prime time evening hours for North America though, that's when everyone is logged on doing stuff. If you are playing on European or Asian hours or even just during the day in North America it can be kinda dead.

So, uh, guys.

That fucking Alexander Prime fight tho. My god.

I'm playing both this and WoW right now, and I'm always floored by the difference between fights in WoW and fights in FFXIV. FFXIV has just nailed the "big fight feel" atmosphere in encounters. The presentation is just crazy good.

If you want to play the PS4 version because you're interested in the gameplay, it's the same as PC version when you connect a mouse and keyboard to it, and the PC version is also the same as PS4 when you connect a controller, so you can test it right on your PC.

If it's because of something else, ignore me.

I hope they actually show something in the NA fanfest this time instead of just announcing the expac. I don't want to discuss T shirts for two fucking months.

Guess Who

Banned
They already said big announcements would be spread out among the fanfests, so yeah, don't expect all the 4.0 news you want at the NA one.

Allard

Didn't they just show a teaser trailer? They announced stuff but didn't really detail it, I don't wanna know there are new jobs I wanna know what they are lol

They showed a cut version of the opening cinematic and music and displayed the Logo/title. They also showed off Alexander Raid, Exploratory missions/diadem and detailed some basic things like the level cap, and what we should expect area wise as well as focus of the story (Dragonsong War and the 12 Knights of Thordian) but nothing overtly detailed. They also gave clues at the first new job (and that there was multiple). London fanfest had info on the two new beast tribes, two new primals, Dark Knight, and flying. Clues for MCH.

Tokyo Fanfest at the end had MCH and Astrologian reveal as well as the new race reveal along with a ton of video displaying all the new areas and dungeons.

They have already stated it will be spread out again and that the details will be brought out based on where we are in the live story (they will follow a natural evolution of info based on what is revealed in the story, they already kinda did that before but didn't out right mention it, like how they didn't reveal Binding Coil of Bahamut till after the servers for 1.0 shutdown so as to keep the surprise of what Dalamud was intact). Expect a reveal of the title and location of the expansion, expect some details on the story but nothing explicit, expect generic details on content we can expect and features of the expansion are likely to be announced at the other two fanfests. Personally I hope they actually spread out the job reveals and not have them reveal two at a time like they did for Tokyo Fanfest.

Ogawa-san

Having switched back at Midas it's pretty much autopilot for me now.
I miss so much of the fights as MCH, because most of my time is spent staring at this
dmQ0QFV.png

Is there ever a point you play those cooldowns and procs by ear?

Wilsongt

They already said big announcements would be spread out among the fanfests, so yeah, don't expect all the 4.0 news you want at the NA one.

Don't expect any news at NA Fanfest except the title of the expansion which we know already. All of the major announcements will happen at the JP fanfest.

Leunam

I miss so much of the fights as MCH, because most of my time is spent staring at this
dmQ0QFV.png

Is there ever a point you play those cooldowns and procs by ear?

Set up a hot bar to float in the middle of the screen or watch the flying text for Cleaner Shot and the like.

While I have the game on PC, PS+ has the ARR and HW bundle for 25 bucks so I nabbed that before it goes away in a day or two.

Curious about performance on it since I heard good things, and I can see my PSN buddies while I play. Got a USB keyboard I can use as well, hope I have room for a mouse (just to click UI things) otherwise I'm good.

While I have the game on PC, PS+ has the ARR and HW bundle for 25 bucks so I nabbed that before it goes away in a day or two.

Curious about performance on it since I heard good things, and I can see my PSN buddies while I play. Got a USB keyboard I can use as well, hope I have room for a mouse (just to click UI things) otherwise I'm good.
It doesn't run as smoothly as the PC version but it plays well enough.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

It runs well. PC version is obviously prettier. I like having both verisons for the ocassional night where I'd rather lay on the couch and play.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The only downside to riding my chocobo everywhere is that the various background songs get replaced by the chocobo music. It's catchy, but you miss out on the other stuff. One of these days I need to get around to changing my chocobo's color. Do the other mounts have theme songs that play when you ride as well?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The only downside to riding my chocobo everywhere is that the various background songs get replaced by the chocobo music. It's catchy, but you miss out on the other stuff. One of these days I need to get around to changing my chocobo's color. Do the other mounts have theme songs that play when you ride as well?
Horses and Birds have BGMs for the primals they come from iirc.
You can turn the mount music off in the settings though.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally made it to the Gold Saucer and this place is amazing. I really like the violin version of the theme song... for some reason it makes me think about Thanksgiving dinner haha. I spent a good long while looking around, registering a race chocobo & doing the training course, enjoying the music, exploring the areas, etc...
It kinda reminds me of Las Vegas, being in the middle of a desert and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom