• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amirnol

Does anyone know how to change you Square Enix account's country? I moved from United States to Canada and need to enter a new payment method. Doesn't seem to give me any options to change country, only state, street address, zip code. I guess I need to contact them?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does anyone know how to change you Square Enix account's country? I moved from United States to Canada and need to enter a new payment method. Doesn't seem to give me any options to change country, only state, street address, zip code. I guess I need to contact them?
Contact support, I believe that's the only way to do that. Also, it's impossible to change your region (between US/EU/JP), but I guess Canada is a part of North America, so you should be fine.

I find myself playing PLD less and less lately. Mostly have been playing WAR as that AOE damage is hard to pass up.

Having finished the 3.0 story I was excited to start the quest chain for the relic weapon.

I'm not excited anymore.

I think I managed to get buy the weapon you need to start making it but I quit shortly after.

You're fine with the Lore weapon you get for 1000 Lore and 4 gears from A8.

I decided to see what needed to be done for me to start the relic quest at this point in the game, I stopped at Zenith when they were the most powerful weapons you could get in the game and weren't called Zenith.

For the 170 Astro weapon I have to collect a bunch of low drop rate crystals from a bunch of different FATES then turn to into some node thingies. And this just to get started on the line.

Ugh. Can't I just fight some mid-bosses and primals again and pay someone 500k gil to socket materia into the weapon like the old quest?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They upped the drop rate on the crystals awhile ago. I did them recently and it took about 4 hours to get all 18.

IvorB

I decided to see what needed to be done for me to start the relic quest at this point in the game, I stopped at Zenith when they were the most powerful weapons you could get in the game and weren't called Zenith.

For the 170 Astro weapon I have to collect a bunch of low drop rate crystals from a bunch of different FATES then turn to into some node thingies. And this just to get started on the line.

The drop rate isn't that low. Plus you could be completing your challenge log at the same time and get squaddies. That relic step is fine to me.

Yeah, getting the luminous crystals is pretty straightforward; I accomplished it a couple days by just causally doing a couple FATEs each day. It's nowhere near as painful as Youkai FATE grinding was.

Garlador

It was incredibly frustrating so you didn't miss much

I did MOST of it. I only needed three more to get them all.

... And then a combo of marriage, honeymoon, and moving took away all that time and I JUST got back into the game. A day late.

Disappointing, but I guess I can console myself with a wife. She's no Whisper mount though...

Ogawa-san

Ugh. Can't I just fight some mid-bosses and primals again and pay someone 500k gil to socket materia into the weapon like the old quest?
PTSD suppressing your memories of that miserable part with the books?

I'm not a fan of either questlines to put it mildly, but this part in particular made me quit the game with extreme prejudice.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Getting the last yokai weapons were totally not worth the grind when they raised the cap. This is me just trying finish the claymore on the last day:
https://youtu.be/F654vctBgVg
I was so relieved but then quickly realized my purpose was filled.
i gave up when I realized I had less than half the weapons. Still got the claymore tho.

If I knew how to edit audio I would.

The Hardest part of the A Relic Reborn relic weapon questline was beating Titan HM at the time.

The rest of it just involved running dungeons a lot to get enough tombs for 3 Thavnairian Mist to make it Zenith.

Because it is so rare I can't help but feel special when a Paladin sees you getting molly whooped by a mob of monsters during a boss fight and they use Cover on you.

Einhander

Why the fuck are pony drops so damn rare in Titan EX, yet in Levi EX, if you have a farming party going and are doing the runs repeatedly, you'll get quite a few pony drops?

Thorgal

Job done .

ffxiv_04102016_200324xhs9j.png

Kaname

Yup. Can confirm. Ran Levi EX for 4 hours one night and the entire party didn't get a pony. rng is rng

I did one today for the Wondrous Tail sticker and won a pony lol I thought they upped the drop rate tremendously but I guess I was just lucky :O

Ninja is my favourite DPS. I like the extra utility they have, stun/silence/Goad/Trick Attack and I guess Smokescreen and Shadewalker have some use with managing aggro, since you can let tanks get a larger aggro lead on everyone else so they can stay in their DPS stance for longer.

Hoping they add rasengan and shadow clones in the expansion.

Also they got the weapons drawn run/sprint animations right but they need to change the normal sprint to this

tEiX6sc.gif

to mirror real life ninjas.

Einhander

One of these days I need to farm titan EX so I could annoy my family with the "UNDER THE WEIGHT." Theme while riding.
The mounts always play the phase 2 theme of the boss fight right?

Shiva pony is the best to ride because of the vocal song playing.

Btw, why do people call them birds when they are obviously not? Is it to just lump all living mounts up as a chocobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom