• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't plan on doing the weeping city for a bit (ilvl too low) but any tips for it, particularly for healers as I saw a video of the first few bosses and it looks stressful for healers.

I don't plan on doing the weeping city for a bit (ilvl too low) but any tips for it, particularly for healers as I saw a video of the first few bosses and it looks stressful for healers.
WHM here. It's as stressful as the other members in your party make it. If they follow the mechanics then it's not bad at all (although you need to know the mechanics also). As a healer you're going to notice immediately who is going to be a problem member. My issue is I don't like calling people out, so i'll vaguely say "does anyone not know this fight? I can explain", but sadly they rarely ever request advice. If they keep dying, sometimes it's worth it to leave them dead so you can concentrate on your members that are doing well.

Something that has helped is making macros for the mechanics. Like for the second boss I have a macro that makes a noise and yells "GET IN THE PUDDLE! <se.3>" which has helped tremendously.

It'll be nerve wracking the first few times you go. I was terrible at some of the mechanics the first couple runs. Right now is a pretty good time to learn because a lot of players are re subbing and are also bad. Sometimes it'll be frustrating as hell because you have the hardest job but it's rewarding when it goes well. Oh! You might actually get to use healer limit break 3 if all things go south! I never used LBs as a healer before Weeping City.

If you're on Ultros and you hit ilvl reqs, hit me up and i'll be your other healer. I'm Marzipan.

As a career healer, seeing your entire party with 1 hp will always stop my heart no matter how many times I see it. then you hear that clicking sound as you're saving everyone's lives.

If you're on Ultros and you hit ilvl reqs, hit me up and i'll be your other healer. I'm Marzipan.

Thanks for the advice! I'm Alice Barnes in the GAF FC and I'm currently working with my partner-in-crime, Jade Arcana (also in GAF FC) trying to raise the ilvl so we can continue the story let alone do weeping city (need 200 for antitower) but I'll keep you in mind once I get to the level and am ready to do the weeping city.

As a career healer, seeing your entire party with 1 hp will always stop my heart no matter how many times I see it. then you hear that clicking sound as you're saving everyone's lives.

That's what I am dreading after watching the video lol.

Kaname

Anyone knows what the average dps should be for a BRD at around 250 ilvl with Sophia Weapon? I have only crafted piece (head) and max I could reach on a 3 min dummy parse was around 1800 but it feels too low :( Tips?

Anyone knows what the average dps should be for a BRD at around 250 ilvl with Sophia Weapon? I have only crafted piece (head) and max I could reach on a 3 min dummy parse was around 1800 but it feels too low :( Tips?
Depends on the fight. For a dummy parse without DEX bonus and a DRG it sounds a tad on the lower side but good enough.

What's your opener? When do you cast Iron Jaws? Do you pair up HE and B4B? Do you use any macros besides ground targeting Flaming Arrow?

Kaname

Depends on the fight. For a dummy parse without DEX bonus and a DRG it sounds a tad on the lower side but good enough.

What's your opener? When do you cast Iron Jaws? Do you pair up HE and B4B? Do you use any macros besides ground targeting Flaming Arrow?

I tried the ones in this guide, always casting Iron Jaws when at 2-3 secs left on dots and I line up HE and B4B with EA usually. Also no macros beside FA. I can't get around what I could possibly improve or change. I tried both waiting on Straight Shot procs and casting them whenever they come up but didn't really notice much difference either.

I tried the ones in this guide, always casting Iron Jaws when at 2-3 secs left on dots and I line up HE and B4B with EA usually. Also no macros beside FA. I can't get around what I could possibly improve or change. I tried both waiting on Straight Shot procs and casting them whenever they come up but didn't really notice much difference either.
Holding onto Straighter procs is only a DPS gain if Emp is coming up soon so you can use them together and that only really shows up in longer fights.

If you're doing everything right as far as rotations go there's nothing much to do besides praying for Bloodletter procs lol

Kaname

Holding onto Straighter procs is only a DPS gain if Emp is coming up soon so you can use them together and that only really shows up in longer fights.

If you're doing everything right as far as rotations go there's nothing much to do besides praying for Bloodletter procs lol

I guess, still troubles me that it's so low lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If any EU players want the butler attire code (for male characters), PM me.
First come first serve.

Jaeyden

How are your melds? The crafted i250 has very low crit and that Sophy Bow doesn't have any either IIRC. I'm i246 right now with only chest, legs and weapon crafted...but my Crit with no buffs is 1123. I parsed around 1900 DPS the other night just messing around. What's your crit at?

Kaname

How are your melds? The crafted i250 has very low crit and that Sophy Bow doesn't have any either IIRC. I'm i246 right now with only chest, legs and weapon crafted...but my Crit with no buffs is 1123. I parsed around 1900 DPS the other night just messing around. What's your crit at?

Probably easier this way lol
LODESTONE.
Clearly not optimal melds as I just came back to the game a week before 3.4 and didn't have money to waste on too much crafted stuff.

I think for the expansion they should give DRK a dark armor/berserker mode. It could be like Blood of the Dragon in that it only lasts for a certain amount of time. Might as well go further with the Berserk references and get some bestial attacks/animations in there too.

Woah what?

Alex 12 spoilers;

I just watched a video of the fight where the DPS went into the portals and killed the adds (only done this fight as a tank). In the center of this area though is where Alexander first shows up and tries to blast you during the time stop when it for some reason fails allowing you to dodge in time.

So what really happened here is that Alexander sends the adds back in time to stop time for his blast to kill you and what breaks the time stop is the dps players going back in time to kill the adds thus allowing you/cid/biggs/wedge to dodge the blast.

Leunam

I think for the expansion they should give DRK a dark armor/berserker mode. It could be like Blood of the Dragon in that it only lasts for a certain amount of time. Might as well go further with the Berserk references and get some bestial attacks/animations in there too.

Losing control is more of a WAR thing. It's built into their storyline and abilities. But I would like to see more abilities that infer Dark Knights are channeling something potentially dangerous for what is ultimately a noble cause.

No more timers pls
Woah what?

Alex 12 spoilers;

I just watched a video of the fight where the DPS went into the portals and killed the adds (only done this fight as a tank). In the center of this area though is where Alexander first shows up and tries to blast you during the time stop when it for some reason fails allowing you to dodge in time.

So what really happened here is that Alexander sends the adds back in time to stop time for his blast to kill you and what breaks the time stop is the dps players going back in time to kill the adds thus allowing you/cid/biggs/wedge to dodge the blast.
Yeah, that was an incredible touch

Woah what?

Alex 12 spoilers;

As a healer I've never actually seen what goes on inside the orbs. That's some crazy shit.

CuHmU9FWYAA2lkc.jpg

Why should I trust her? How do I know she isn't stealing those items she's giving to us? This seems like a racket.

Wow and I just noticed that line about me being cute. This is a trap.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How the heck do you pass that lvl 20 squadron mission for promotion? Do you have to manage to get your numbers exactly at the required tributes?

Squishy3

Well, got the scripture chest but can't use it until I knock out my Sophia weapon runs because of the skill speed loss. And then it's into Savage progression!

Allard

How the heck do you pass that lvl 20 squadron mission for promotion? Do you have to manage to get your numbers exactly at the required tributes?

Think its a mix of luck and getting at least 2 of your 3 attributes above the required stage. Tuesday night I had 3 level 27 squadron members and one lvl 24 member, it went from "I'll be blunt you have no chance to succeed" to "This mission will likely succeed" by just getting one more level on all 4. My magic stat went from 3 below required to two above, my tactics was already above required and my STR was like 40 points behind, did the mission got rank up yesterday.

Why should I trust her? How do I know she isn't stealing those items she's giving to us? This seems like a racket.

Is that eye reflection a DirectX 11 thing? I've been playing in DirectX 9 because of crashes and I don't remember seeing that sort of reflection.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Is she always at the same place? Because I can't find her, also the lag on the ps4 doesn't help.
Edit: found her again. She hustling me now.

Qvoth

yeah i find her design kinda creepy tbh, her eyes are too big or something
and she can't be stealing the items, she said rowena gave her those
the 1st time you talked to her, you can see rowena walking and watching your conversation with her and nodding her head

Is that eye reflection a DirectX 11 thing? I've been playing in DirectX 9 because of crashes and I don't remember seeing that sort of reflection.
Dunno I'm on PS4.

yeah i find her design kinda creepy tbh, her eyes are too big or something
and she can't be stealing the items, she said rowena gave her those
the 1st time you talked to her, you can see rowena walking and watching your conversation with her and nodding her head
How do we know Rowena isn't in on it? We already know Rowena runs a racket.

Finished Alexander and wow what ana amazing finish, I loved it. I also got the minion on my first clear and my friend threatened to kill me. Those god-rolls.

Squishy3

best song
the fight is just a nice change of pace compared to sephirot and nidhogg

they feel so angry and while sophia is obviously scarier than them due to the fact she's trying to toss you off the arena at every chance she gets everything about the fight is actually very calming whereas sephirot has "SAY MY NAME SAY MY NAME CAN YOU HEAR THE EDGE CALLING" and Nidhogg is roaring and breathing fire while bombastic music plays Sophia isn't directly antagonistic in the same way

the voiced lines also lend a great deal to this because of how soft her voice is

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
the fight is just a nice change of pace compared to sephirot and nidhogg

they feel so angry and while sophia is obviously scarier than them due to the fact she's trying to toss you off the arena at every chance she gets everything about the fight is actually very calming whereas sephirot has "SAY MY NAME SAY MY NAME CAN YOU HEAR THE EDGE CALLING" and Nidhogg is roaring and breathing fire while bombastic music plays Sophia isn't directly antagonistic in the same way

the voiced lines also lend a great deal to this because of how soft her voice is
Hey man, Dark knights need something to help them power through bosses.
Also is there like official release of sophia's lyrics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom