• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Oh god sophia's lyrics are just sad. They are the total opposite of Sephirot. I wonder what the demon
wyrm king
song will be?
That's referring to Bahamut, not Zurvan. Sophia's plan was to get captured by the Allagans and then have rebels she implanted in the Allagan ranks release her restraints. The plan failed and the rebels were executed, but the restraints naturally released over time on some of the thralls and they were able to start rousing her from her slumber. When Sophia was planned to be released in the midst of the Allagan invasion she was going to also release Bahamut and wreak havoc alongside him.

So I started trying to learn Sophia EX now. First time I've actually done an extreme primal around the recommended level. I've only really done Ifrit, Garuda, Titan and weirdly Bismarck EX so it's noticeably harder but really fun.

I didn't get a clear today since I tried with 2 learning parties via raid finder but got to 50% and I feel like i know a large majority of the mechanics. Just too tired after work to actually play good apparently. I'll definitely try again on my next day off, I want those weapons

Squishy3

Fan Festival time schedule:
http://ffxiv-fanfest.com/na/schedule/index.php

3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please Look Forward to It!

Lol..
us waiting for 3pm

eoPp1w7.jpg

Sometimes people just randomly get someone kicked so they can get out without any penalty and without waiting for the vote abandon timer. I wouldn't feel bad about it.

Considering most people in the group were talking shit to me before and after the wipe I would say they just booted me for another person.

It's soured me on using the raid finder if queuing for learning practice doesn't actually mean anything which is why I mentioned making a PF group. That way I could at least attempt to weed out the assholes.

I'm surprised people bared with me for 2 runs of Sephirot EX when I joined a PF clearing party. I still got the achievement tho.

If you're MT though it's a bigger deal if you die versus a DPS so it's really noticeable when you screw up because other people are probably going to die right after you.

Ogawa-san

I totally forgot Sophia had a normal mode, derp. Just got it done.

Over half the raid fell off to the first tilt, including the MT that jumped off afterwards expecting a wipe. We just raised everyone back (and a couple dps that couldn't avoid AoEs another dozen times over the fight) and kept going.

I know it's just normal but still, I like that it's not Titan 2.0.

IvorB

So I wanted to buy a thing that increases my chances of getting a new recruit but I was told I am not high rank enough. Then I try to rank up and I was told there is no new rank for me. What should I do? How do I get the next Flames rank?

Oh god sophia's lyrics are just sad. They are the total opposite of Sephirot. I wonder what the demon
wyrm king
song will be?
Yea the difference between them is stark. Sephirot is a dark metal song about death, evil and willingly accepting darkness. Whereas Sophia's is a sad song about a mother's despair over her (murdered?) daughter.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I wanted to buy a thing that increases my chances of getting a new recruit but I was told I am not high rank enough. Then I try to rank up and I was told there is no new rank for me. What should I do? How do I get the next Flames rank?
Supposedly completing the squadron rank 2 lv 40 mission raises your rank and unlocks those items for purchase. Some squad missions also have it as a reward as well so you might want to consider running those missions when you get a chance.

Another thing to note is that you can't get recruits from the following challenge log categories so don't waste time completing them to get recruits from them: beast tribe, retainer ventures, companions, player comms, wondrous tails, and overall completion.

IvorB

Supposedly completing the squadron rank 2 lv 40 mission raises your rank and unlocks those items for purchase. Some squad missions also have it as a reward as well so you might want to consider running those missions when you get a chance.

Another thing to note is that you can't get recruits from the following challenge log categories so don't waste time completing them to get recruits from them: beast tribe, retainer ventures, companions, player comms, wondrous tails, and overall completion.

Oh okay cool. Thanks for the info. So those categories don't give recruits? Is this confirmed?

Heartfyre

As a European Ubermensch, I'm delighted with that schedule. Most of the good stuff is on early in the day in Las Vegas, which means it's primetime viewing for me.

ebil

Considering most people in the group were talking shit to me before and after the wipe I would say they just booted me for another person.

It's soured me on using the raid finder if queuing for learning practice doesn't actually mean anything which is why I mentioned making a PF group. That way I could at least attempt to weed out the assholes.
Well that sucks then. Hopefully you'll get a better experience using PF.

studyguy

If I get to ask a question, I intend to ask if we'll ever get a chance to get another snow bandanna hairstyle where the color of the bandanna can be changed. I haven't swapped hairstyle since that came out but I'd like a bandana that isn't flat grey. Probably an obvious no, but one can dream.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do we know if the Live Letter part will be free to everyone? I have 0 interest in everything else and refuse to pay $30 for a stream and minions/outfits I won't use anyway.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I totally forgot Sophia had a normal mode, derp. Just got it done.

Over half the raid fell off to the first tilt, including the MT that jumped off afterwards expecting a wipe. We just raised everyone back (and a couple dps that couldn't avoid AoEs another dozen times over the fight) and kept going.

I know it's just normal but still, I like that it's not Titan 2.0.
She doesn't physically push you off, does she? Its more like leviathan 2.0.

If you're MT though it's a bigger deal if you die versus a DPS so it's really noticeable when you screw up because other people are probably going to die right after you.
I can see that happening. A tank died during the ads part before phase 2 in SephEx. I was the next one on the aggro list(black mage damage) and got one shotted. It was the big rock ad too.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Sometime I wonder if names are a hard thing to come by in a MMO. Like I once met a guy whos name was Sorbeto Serbeto.
So, what gaffers are at fan fest? I know it's me and Asami/Sorian(?), who else?
I will be watching on my $30 stream
and laugh at you if you wear Miqo'te ears while walking around the stage area.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit level 40! Now I feel like 50 is only a stone's throw away. I also figured out how to remove the green leaf beside my name and how to set titles :)

Well that sucks then. Hopefully you'll get a better experience using PF.

I hope so too.

She doesn't physically push you off, does she? Its more like leviathan 2.0.

I can see that happening. A tank died during the ads part before phase 2 in SephEx. I was the next one on the aggro list(black mage damage) and got one shotted. It was the big rock ad too.

Yeah, that's why DPS have it the easiest in a way. If the healer or tank dies it's immediately noticeable but for DPS they are the one role that doesn't have the responsibility of keeping people alive like healers and tanks do.

Even with that, that's not the major issue, just people being assholes and what disturbs me is thinking that they can do the same thing again to other new players.

Since people have been talking about Dancer/Bladedancer for a potential new healer does anyone think that it could work as a melee based class?

Can you think of melee healers from other MMO's that might give some insight as to how they would implement that in FFXIV?

Squishy3

I hope so too.

Yeah, that's why DPS have it the easiest in a way. If the healer or tank dies it's immediately noticeable but for DPS they are the one role that doesn't have the responsibility of keeping people alive like healers and tanks do.

Even with that, that's not the major issue, just people being assholes and what disturbs me is thinking that they can do the same thing again to other new players.
Well, one DPS has the responsibility of not clipping the party with Earthshakers, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom