• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The journey is at a end. Finally hit level 60 as a PLD so now I can fill all the roles.

CuXBH_ZXYAAxFSu.jpg:large

Squishy3

I have to say, Sephi and Sophia are my favorite EX primal fights.
Sophia is a real nice change of pace from Sephirot and Nidhogg. It feels like a very calming fight. Probably one of my favorite dances.

Boy PF is pretty terrible for this fight though. Join a clear party, people make mistakes, we see enrage. It's fine it's a clear party.

Join farm party and never make it past 50%. Why are people walking from the safe spots I called out? Why would you walk towards the head after I said "Safe spots are B and D, watch for head spawn."?

why are people immediately running to the thunder 2 safe spot even though we need to bait meteors?

iammeiam

The secret to Sophia EX farming is Raid Finder. Check the option to only be matched with completed people and the odds last week were better than random PF farms largely because the people in RF have no expectation of being carried through the fight via voice-chat.

This will probably eventually drop to normal loldf clear rates, but for a while Raid Finder has its shining moment in the sun.

The secret to Sophia EX farming is Raid Finder. Check the option to only be matched with completed people and the odds last week were better than random PF farms largely because the people in RF have no expectation of being carried through the fight via voice-chat.

This will probably eventually drop to normal loldf clear rates, but for a while Raid Finder has its shining moment in the sun.

I don't think it matches you with whatever you check off.

I chose first phase practice and got matched up with people who wanted nothing less than a perfect first run.

iammeiam

I don't think it matches you with whatever you check off.

I chose first phase practice and got matched up with people who wanted nothing less than a perfect first run.

Matching Requirements -> "Duty Complete" is only available to people who have previously cleared the content. If you haven't cleared it, you can't pick that option.

Phase practice isn't a hard limit--the fights don't track how much you've seen--but bonus/no-bonus is enforced by the Matching Requirements.

Might have to RF Sophia EX, the practice parties seem to be drying up and I lost a week of potential practice due to rl things. Just want to get some new toys so maybe a raid group will take me (doubtful)

Celcius

°Temp. member
I decided to add some excitement to my day, so I went to the central plaza in la noscea and said "Time for the flash mob!" and then started to dance like nobody's business. People started to clap and cheer, then I ran away before they realized that I only know one dance lol.

Matching Requirements -> "Duty Complete" is only available to people who have previously cleared the content. If you haven't cleared it, you can't pick that option.

Phase practice isn't a hard limit--the fights don't track how much you've seen--but bonus/no-bonus is enforced by the Matching Requirements.

So I just got matched with people who had a heavy case of the dunning-kruger effect?

I suppose that makes more sense.

I decided to add some excitement to my day, so I went to the central plaza in la noscea and said "Time for the flash mob!" and then started to dance like nobody's business. People started to clap and cheer, then I ran away before they realized that I only know one dance lol.

Emote battles are fun in this game.

iammeiam

So I just got matched with people who had a heavy case of the dunning-kruger effect?

I suppose that makes more sense.

That is an accurate description of many interactions you will have in FFXIV. Sophia's a weird fight as the push into adds happens about 60 seconds in, adds itself is a pretty quick phase, and then the 'actual fight' starts so who knows what first phase even means, but you can also have basically anyone die at any point and recover just fine so it's really not a fight worth flipping out at anyone over.

I feel ashamed, grabbed this game for PS4 thanks to it being cheap with PS+ just to see the difference and it made me realize my PC rig while old, was no where near the quality PS4 has.

Always had some sort of input lag on PC, thought it was my internet. New controller seemed kinda iffy, and frame rates would still dip despite the new graphics card but I was only using 4 sticks of DDR5 ram. PS4 has been almost smooth save for certain parts of Ildyshire for obvious reasons, but dungeons and raids have been smooth... as insane as this sounds I feel I have more reaction time with game AOEs than I did on PC.

I breezed through most of Alex and did surprisingly well until A12 where healers were struggling to keep people up only time I died was our second attempt when I wasn't getting healed after Prey or the split marker/timeshift combo, healers were too busy raising other DPS/healer that kept getting wasted.

PC would be better if I shelled out all that money sure, but I can chat with my PS4 buddies while they play other games so that's another plus.

Squishy3

Gave Sophia EX on raid finder a spin, cleared with just one wipe lol

Much better than all the "farm" parties I've been in
That's basically how it went for me. I'd never seen past the first few tilts, I joined under practice-> first phase and we wiped at like 40% the first time.

We had a flawless run the next time and the only death I think that occurred was a tank getting knocked off by the tankbuster.

It was also one of the tanks' first time tanking that encounter.

That is an accurate description of many interactions you will have in FFXIV. Sophia's a weird fight as the push into adds happens about 60 seconds in, adds itself is a pretty quick phase, and then the 'actual fight' starts so who knows what first phase even means, but you can also have basically anyone die at any point and recover just fine so it's really not a fight worth flipping out at anyone over.
I think this might also be because they saw the response to Sephirot (Also probably metrics they have access too) and saw the disproportionate amount of time spent in the first few phases of Sephirot compared to the final phase due to the nature of that final phase where if a tower isn't grabbed it's a wipe and designed the fight accordingly so that you don't need to spend as much time in the first few phases.

I'd like if the final Triad fight has a more complex add phase though since Sephirot's and Sophia's are pretty simple. (Especially considering you can just cheese Infusion in Sophia.)

I honestly think so far 3.4 is definitely the strongest content patch for the 3.x series. I like both of the dungeons, they aren't too long and the gating isn't obnoxious outside of that last room in Great Gubal HM with all the mammets, and The Creator and Sophia are both excellent.

If Gordias was as cool as Midas and Creator are I don't think people would've been as down on it. Oppressors are boring, add-fight was boring, Living Liquid was ok and Manipulator was... Manipulator.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Got my protoAlexander boots and water pony from leviathan tails pf. I rolled 88 and even if the song isnt as good as Under the Weight, it was worth it. Tails sucked because I was one away from a tri line but the sticker just appeared to the bottom left instead of top right. Next week I get the scripture top hat and should have enough ilvl for SophEX.

I'd like if the final Triad fight has a more complex add phase though since Sephirot's and Sophia's are pretty simple. (Especially considering you can just cheese Infusion in Sophia.)
I don't expect Zurvan to have adds per se but instead some form of the classic "you need to kill hand A and hand B", sort of like Manipulator

Critical Elk

Neo Member
why are people immediately running to the thunder 2 safe spot even though we need to bait meteors?

There are actually at least two answers to this. While it is likely that baiting them there was someone forgetting the bait was coming up, some groups don't actually use the safe spot behind the thunder II shadow. There's a second spot way off in the corner without a shadow that argueably gives you more room for sin and punishment that is also safe from both thunder II and aero III. (But probably the first one.)

I'm thinking of buying another copy of Heavensward for PS4, so I can remote play and level crafting classes.

Squishy3

Bought the fanfest ticket, kind of dumb that they give you the item code right away but you can't redeem it until fanfest. :/

Can't wait to find out you can't store the gear in the armoire!

I was one of the people saying Sophia was easily recoverable last week. After joining a few more "farm" groups this week, I change my stance. If you see tank buster before adds, any dps deaths will mean enrage. Leave.

I haven't really bothered with crafting so far. Is there a DoL class that I can level to 50 relatively easy? The only other class I have bothered to train besides my main warrior is miner to lvl 50.

I kinda want it so I can do the moogle beast tribe quests.

Ogawa-san

I take you mean DoH, no moggle quests for DoL. I'd say alchemy is fairly easy to level if you got leve allowances to spare, HQ potions go for nothing on MB nowadays and you can use them to spam leves.

Ixali quests help a lot but they get old real fast. Plus doing them without cross abilities can be a pain in the ass.

Squishy3

I haven't really bothered with crafting so far. Is there a DoL class that I can level to 50 relatively easy? The only other class I have bothered to train besides my main warrior is miner to lvl 50.

If you have an excess amount of gil accrued you can level crafters extremely easily via leves with HQ items that can be bought from the marketboard, although I've no idea what the prices are like.

This document has the exact amount of items required for 15-50 in intervals of 5 levels.

Leveling crafters from the beginning basically entails making everything you can in the crafting log. (which all the items for... the first 10 or so levels? can be bought from vendors including the material supplier that can be placed in the houses if your FC has a house or you have one yourself)

Additionally, the Ixali beast tribes are good for leveling crafters at the beginning and your Grand Company has delivery quests which give double experience if the item is HQ. (Again, can buy said item from the MB or try to do it yourself.)

Shahed

Does anyone know what the best way to catch HQ fish is? They don't necessarily need to be valuable fish, the worst and lowest levels will do. It's just getting 10 HQ for the challenge log. The other gathering are easier and crafting is guaranteed pretty much, but fishing has been frustrating.

If you have to pick one I'd say Culnarian. Unlike most other classes, there's always food on MB to buy while you'll rarely have loads of HQ gear pieces of the same type. Hasty Touch at 15 and Steady Hand II at 37 are really useful as well as brilliant cross class moves. If you do the Ixal Beast tribes along the way, which you should for the exp and materia you can sell, then Culnarian is good there since some of the quests lock you to using abilities from that class only so only Culnarian will have the above two moves.

GC daily turn in HQ if possible isnreally useful for exp. And while Culnarian is the one I'd recommend if only picking one class, I'd say getting Alchemist and Weaver to 15 each for Tricks of Trade and Careful Synthesis are pretty great as well. The rest aren't really necessary.

Thorgal

Ugh, I am starting to fear for the future of my current Fc.

Our leader sounds like he's on the cusp of a major burnout + a mental breakdown.

Ogawa-san

Does anyone know what the best way to catch HQ fish is? They don't necessarily need to be valuable fish, the worst and lowest levels will do. It's just getting 10 HQ for the challenge log. The other gathering are easier and crafting is guaranteed pretty much, but fishing has been frustrating.
Before Patience it's down to luck, gear and Netflix.

Omni

A10s is interesting. First time in there earlier today and we got him to 40 something percent. Happy with that progress since I was completely blind going in. Hopefully my group can clear within a week or so. Still a fair bit to learn though.

Ugh, I am starting to fear for the future of my current Fc.

Our leader sounds like he's on the cusp of a major burnout + a mental breakdown.
Don't have anyone that can take over? My FC has like four leaders now. They switch monthly

Ogawa-san

I leveled gathering professions together, FSH was the first one to get to 60. Mostly thanks to every day's GC provision taking at least half an hour to get done, but still...

Netflix, a controller so you can do it without looking at the screen, a hook/cast macro to make the whole process a one-button thing, and a bunch of GC surviving manuals for extra exp, that will get you there. Honestly, it was less painful than the other two professions since they have you running all over the place.

Cmagus

Bad week for RNG, I've run been running every night and so far I've run Creator 1 thirteen times, Creator 2 nine times and Creator 3 six times and nothing, looks like I'm not getting my drops this week. Sitting at 32 minutes in queue for Creator 1 now :/

Omni

Levelling BLM up. Am like 33 at the moment. Am curious though, when Thundercloud procs, should I be using it straight away?

Thorgal

Don't have anyone that can take over? My FC has like four leaders now. They switch monthly

We do and we did try to suggest doing that but he refuses and since then things have only escalated.

Last night he demoted everyone so only he can activate buffs

It's like he wants to burn his FC to the ground now

And I still don't fully get what set him off like this from his usual joyful demeanor

All I heard was that he got into a raging argument clash with an ex FC member over something and since then he's in a perpetual "fuck everything" mode for the last few days.

Shahed

I leveled gathering professions together, FSH was the first one to get to 60. Mostly thanks to every day's GC provision taking at least half an hour to get done, but still...

Netflix, a controller so you can do it without looking at the screen, a hook/cast macro to make the whole process a one-button thing, and a bunch of GC surviving manuals for extra exp, that will get you there. Honestly, it was less painful than the other two professions since they have you running all over the place.
Never thought of fishing macros with a vibrating controller. That's quite useful! Saying that I do only want it for the challenge log and any possible recruits...

Levelling BLM up. Am like 33 at the moment. Am curious though, when Thundercloud procs, should I be using it straight away?
Been a while since I last used BLM, like a year or more. But I'm pretty sure you use the Firestarter and Thunder procs as soon as you get them. That is unless you need to refresh a stack of something otherwise you do it right after that.

As far as the level 50 rotation goes, as a general rule yes. You want to use Thundercloud asap after a Fire cast to hitconfirm Firestarter procs at the same time. You'll only hold on to procs if you need to move soon due to a mechanic so you can cast them while moving instead of Scathe. Whatever you do don't let procs go to waste.

For the level 60 rotation it gets a lot more complicated than that.

Get into the habit of using Thundercloud after a Fire cast so that you can gamble for Firestarter procs (when you unlock them). You can't cast Fire and then use its Firestarter proc without stopping and waiting for it, but using Thundercloud immediately after Fire allows you to check for a proc and use it while still keeping up your damage output.

Typically, if you get multiple Thunder procs, you should let the Thunder dot tick for a bit so that you don't waste the damage from it.

NB: Don't interrupt your casting to use a proc.

Village

Got the ps3 conroller working on the pc with out motionjoy, I get back in. I missed a grip, there is like 260 armor now and shiz, I gotta catch up. I need to get my 3 classes to 230 , good thing its much easier now.

I really like the visual look of that new dungeon where fight through the garuda worshipers

3.2 Story:
So Hydaelyn called Minfilia to her so she could absorb her just to have her tell us, "The Ascians are bad news and you'd better stop them?" We kind of already figured that out! What a jerk.

Thorgal

Odin is The Official EU raiding server , right ?

thinking of making an alt there and making some new friends ( and fyi ,no this has nothing to do with the FC leader stuff above )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom