• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

They announcing anything they're getting to do as a result of this?

I want the expansion to have an equivalent to jumping off Dalaran and water walking to Suramar. Make it feel like a continuous world!

Ogawa-san

Cheeky bastards. dressing a monk like a dancer just to feed the speculation until the announcements...

...she's a dancer, isn't she?

They announcing anything they're getting to do as a result of this?

I want the expansion to have an equivalent to jumping off Dalaran and water walking to Suramar. Make it feel like a continuous world!
So far we're getting new UI stuff like gauges for buffs like BoTD.

katagai

Cheeky bastards. dressing a monk like a dancer just to feed the speculation until the announcements...

...she's a dancer, isn't she?

Considering she only fights with her fists and legs, probably just a monk. And since the image of the two monks fighting was used during the slide that mentioned that part of the 4.0 story would be about us meeting with the resistance, it's totally
Yda.

EDIT: They also just said we'd find out who she is in 3.5, so pretty much confirms it.

Jayhawk

Red and the overdressed Monk kept whiffing their dragon kicks and getting their snap punches blocked. How do they expect to do damage with those kind of results?

oQiFhq8.jpg

RHxgLrY.jpg

Looks similar to Markarth in Skyrim and Minas Tirith in Lord of the Rings.

I love cities and buildings built into mountains.

iammeiam

So far we're getting new UI stuff like gauges for buffs like BoTD.

Yeah but they've given PS4/PC players UI functionality the PS3 couldn't handle in the past. We might get more of it now, but I'm wondering if they're addressing any of the foundational things PS3 limitations became the running joke for.

Wilsongt

So if 3.55 drops in mid Feb, the release date is "early summer" with the eventual delay, we're looking at a good 4 to 5 month no-content update patch, with 3.5 only including the final 24-man raid and nothin savage like. So that's nearly six month of dead game for statics.

Squishy3

So if 3.55 drops in mid Feb, the release date is "early summer" with the eventual delay, we're looking at a good 4 to 5 month no-content update patch, with 3.5 only including the final 24-man raid and nothin savage like. So that's nearly six month of dead game for statics.
i think it seems silly to assume a delay considering they said they're already ahead on schedule on 4.0.

it's probably more that heavensward's initial release date was far too optimistic especially considering 15 probably entered full production during heavensward's development

i mean a lot of statics will be either done farming savage alex or close to by the time 3.5 drops so they'll just be raid logging anyway. plus i mean if you get bored with the game yoship's not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay subbed

Yeah I was hoping that the release would be sooner than Heavensward's.

At least there's a ton of games to play before then like FFXV, Persona 5, Tales of Berseria, Nier: Automata and more that I'm forgetting about right now.

iammeiam

The long wait just makes me even more curious to see how Creator Savage ages with the playerbase.

Now that I think about it... maybe it isn't Yda, but her sister or.....
minfellia back from the world of light

Nah.
Minfilia wouldn't go to the WoL, she'd call him to come to her for their fight.

Wilsongt

The long wait just makes me even more curious to see how Creator Savage ages with the playerbase.

Nah.
Minfilia wouldn't go to the WoL, she'd call him to come to her for their fight.

"WoL. I need your help." *WoL warps to Mor Dhona* "Thank you for coming. Could you pass me the remote over there?"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Seeing that statue made me immediately think of the giant statue from Wutai (VII), so that's cool.

With how much of a "wrap up" these last story missions felt like, my initial reaction is "that expansion is too far away". But I guess there will be another patch or 2 before then, ramping up the story for Ala Migho.

Squishy3

Seeing that statue made me immediately think of the giant statue from Wutai (VII), so that's cool.

With how much of a "wrap up" these last story missions felt like, my initial reaction is "that expansion is too far away". But I guess there will be another patch or 2 before then, ramping up the story for Ala Migho.
We've got 3.45 (which is PoTD floors 51-200 and the continuation of the anima weapon) and then 3.5 and 3.55, which if it follows the ARR formula story will be split between 3.5 and 3.55 with 3.55 containing the ending of Heavensward and leading into the next expansion, with roughly 3 months between 3.55 and the expansion launch.

It was about 2 and a half months from 2.55 and the Heavensward launch, as 2.55 came out on March 31st while the expansion came out in early access on June 19th.

aceface

This guy on stage made all my favorite battles. Cool.

They are saying they are going to make an Ozma savage battle for 24 players somewhere down the road. Not the whole weeping city, just Ozma. YoshiP says "I don' want to hear you complaining that it's too difficult!"

See I'm gonna reveal that I'm a horrible perv but while everyone is debating if she's a dancer or a monk (totally a dancing monk) I'm just thinking "damn her tits are fantastic"

Stupid Square and their incredible cg, it's almost like they should make a movie in all cg
except they usually suck at movies

Frumix

Suffering From Success
See I'm gonna reveal that I'm a horrible perv but while everyone is debating if she's a dancer or a monk (totally a dancing monk) I'm just thinking "damn her tits are fantastic"

Stupid Square and their incredible cg, it's almost like they should make a movie in all cg
except they usually suck at movies

She's got a great backstory as well.

Squishy3

I'm still holding out that the person in the teaser trailer's Yda because they've made mistakes before.

Like they used Hraesvelgr in the Heavensward CG trailer instead of Nidhogg. :p

aceface

Was Heavensward more successful than I thought? Apparently they gave Yoshi twice the budget for Stormblood along with a bigger role in the company.

Wilsongt

Was Heavensward more successful than I thought? Apparently they gave Yoshi twice the budget for Stormblood along with a bigger role in the company.

Well, their major cash sink is about to ship. Their DQ games are doing good and they have a few other games coming. 14 is their biggest project now, so it makes sense to shift funding over to that at this point.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Not sure what happened:
I was level 46 and in the waking sands and needed to be level 47 to do the next quest from menfilia, which was about saving thancred. However, I complete my roulette quest, get to level 47, and now menfilia's quest marker is red and it says I need to be level 49 to plan a counter offensive against the empire. Glitch?

Squishy3

Well, their major cash sink is about to ship. Their DQ games are doing good and they have a few other games coming. 14 is their biggest project now, so it makes sense to shift funding over to that at this point.
That and even ARR's launch was a huge success and I think singlehandedly managed to improve SE's financials when it was somewhat floundering?

With how good the water looked in that in-game footage I can't wait to see what all the enemies, dungeons and primal arenas look like. Plus whatever the Azys Lla/Mor Dhona equivalent is.

I look forward to the race to 70 to be the first to buy new housing.

Wilsongt

That and even ARR's launch was a huge success and I think singlehandedly managed to improve SE's financials when it was somewhat floundering?

With how good the water looked in that in-game footage I can't wait to see what all the enemies, dungeons and primal arenas look like. Plus whatever the Azys Lla/Mor Dhona equivalent is.

I look forward to the race to 70 to be the first to buy new housing.

Seeing what classic enemies show us is definitely what makes me excited.

Not sure what happened:
I was level 46 and in the waking sands and needed to be level 47 to do the next quest from menfilia, which was about saving thancred. However, I complete my roulette quest, get to level 47, and now menfilia's quest marker is red and it says I need to be level 49 to plan a counter offensive against the empire. Glitch?
The final ARR quests jump a few levels, yes

ebil

I'm still holding out that the person in the teaser trailer's Yda because they've made mistakes before.

Like they used Hraesvelgr in the Heavensward CG trailer instead of Nidhogg. :p
Well, the tattoos could also easily be handwaved as fake, since it has been getting incredibly likely that she's undercover.

Qvoth

wait, the live stream is today? i thought it's tomorrow
wtzgU.gif

that's just the teaser trailer right? so a full trailer is coming soon?

Cmagus

Well, the tattoos could also easily be handwaved as fake, since it has been getting incredibly likely that she's undercover.

I think it's her and they could have just left them out as to not give away who she is. I'm sure we will see in due time as she will most likely show up in the 3.x story. I have a feeling she is gonna be someone important like a higher up who left her clan or whatever.

I wonder which buffs are going to get visual timers.

Is that going to count for all personal buffs including the cross class ones or just ones that they think need them like the Blood of the Dragon example.

I imagine a visual bar for Greased Lightning might be useful considering how important it is to keep up for Monks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom