• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

wait, the live stream is today? i thought it's tomorrow
wtzgU.gif

that's just the teaser trailer right? so a full trailer is coming soon?

In Tokyo in December or sometime next year after 3.55.

ebil

I think it's her and they could have just left them out as to not give away who she is. I'm sure we will see in due time as she will most likely show up in the 3.x story. I have a feeling she is gonna be someone important like a higher up who left her clan or whatever.
Well, apparently the Lore book reveals that Yda
has a sister
. I would verify it myself but... I couldn't finish that merch line. Tomorrow!

Leunam

I wonder which buffs are going to get visual timers.

Is that going to count for all personal buffs including the cross class ones or just ones that they think need them like the Blood of the Dragon example.

I imagine a visual bar for Greased Lightning might be useful considering how important it is to keep up for Monks.

Blood of the Dragon, Huton, and Greased Lightning probably, for melee at least.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok I can't get the stream to work. I disabled anything that might hinder it but I don't know why it won't load.
fuck i'm missing the concert.

studyguy

Piano concert so far for me is OK I guess. I'm not the biggest fan of the arrangements.

Was that it or an intermission?

Oh hello soken.

K.Sabot

if this is how soken creates music then i'm confident he could make incredible music with half the budget HW got instead of 3x the budget lol.

that cardboard box
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
the fuck?
boo
they will give more info for tomorrow's live letter though right?
Full intro cg trailer will have story spoilers just like the Heavensward one has spoilers for the end of 2.55. I wouldn't expect to see it before EU fan fest in Feb.

Also wouldn't expect much more info tomorrow. Guessing they'll play the teaser again, recap the keynote quickly, and announce one or two more things before moving on to discussing 3.5 and doing the Q&A for it. They've pretty much already announced the same bulletpoints the NA fan fest had for HW, the only thing they havent announced at this one is a new race.

Not sure if anyone else posted this yet, but with Fanfest this weekend I went back to see what happened at the previous fanfests back in 2014 to get an idea for what kind of information we can expect and when. So here's two years ago...

NA Event:
Expansion Announcement
Teaser Trailer
Ishgard screenshots
General Plot
New level cap of 60
Airship Exploration (lawl)
The following were announced but they didn't go into detail on: new areas, new dungeons, new raids, new gear and recipes, multiple jobs, a new race, new primals.
Hinted at Dark Knight with a Batman t-shirt

EU Event:
Trailer
Flying announced, flying mounts, flying videos, how to fly, etc
Showed some of the new areas
Beast Tribes, Vanu Vanu and Gnath
Bismarck & Ravana
Dark Knight
Hinted at Machinist with a James Bond t-shirt

JP Event:
New theme song
Au Ra announced
Alexander
Astrologian
Collector's edition info, bonuses
Machinist
Class trailer videos
Given that, this weekend I'm expecting a lot flash but not a lot of in-depth information since that came more in the EU and JP Fanfests the last time. Though at the very least I expect they'll announce the new job we saw at the end of 3.4.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/578qeu/comparing_2014_fanfests/?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I spent the night doing fates and running the Stone Vigil dungeon over and over.... now level 48. Almost there...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well it seems like my ipad can stream just fine except I can't tell because the stream ended before I could test it. If it doesn't work for tomorrow I'm gonna politely ask for a refund.

Aurum Vale can be really hit or miss in the duty finder, though. Not a lot of patience for it in there.

Make sure you know the mechanics of at least the first and final bosses before you go in.

Shevat

Neo Member
Monks are always cool, but I was under the impression that the trailer adventurers were warriors of darkness?

I see how that might be confusing. The trailer characters from 2.0 (Bahamut wrecking everything) are meant to represent the players who came from 1.0 into 2.0. The Hyur specifically is meant to represent the player character as we progress through the story.

The warriors of darkness are essentially
an alternate universe representation of that party from the 2.0 trailer.

Teknoman

I see how that might be confusing. The trailer characters from 2.0 (Bahamut wrecking everything) are meant to represent the players who came from 1.0 into 2.0. The Hyur specifically is meant to represent the player character as we progress through the story.

Ah, guess I haven't made it that far yet. I know I shouldn't but feels kinda lame since I've been around since day 1 😅

Barely at Azys Lla.

dont forget that posterboy Hyur also already changed class to Dragoon during the Heavenward cinematic.

makes total sense that he could have changed again but to monk this time

Am I totally insane for feeling like I'd almost rather start a new character than grind a Dragoon/Ninja/Whatever up to where my Bard is on HW content. I'm not particularly enjoying the Bard and fancy a change.

Reivaxe

Thinking about jumping back into this game.

Can anyone tell me if the cool witch robes from some years ago are in the cash shop for Halloween?

Nakazato

Do we know if live letter is going be streamed on twitch ? Don't wanna pay for the premium aka already broke and just got paid yesterday damn bills

IvorB

Am I totally insane for feeling like I'd almost rather start a new character than grind a Dragoon/Ninja/Whatever up to where my Bard is on HW content. I'm not particularly enjoying the Bard and fancy a change.

Yeah that sounds totally insane. I couldn't even imagine having to do all the story quests again.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Well it seems like my ipad can stream just fine except I can't tell because the stream ended before I could test it. If it doesn't work for tomorrow I'm gonna politely ask for a refund.
Fwiw, stream worked fine on my iPad yesterday. The video did freeze a couple of times at the start while the audio kept going, but a refresh fixed it.

Nohar

Finally been able to down Sophia several times with my team yesterday (well, 6/8 members, it was off the planning). It seems that I am a good at calling attacks and leading, heh. Anyhow, everyone should soon have their i255 weapon, so I'm very happy (our NIN who wasn't there and who was rather down after thursday's failed tries wished she was there). I've been farming Sophia for quite some time now outside of my team, and I relieved that we finally made progress.

Leveling up AST is taking some time though... Currently level 45. I really want to reach level 60, leveling up jobs can be rather boring, especially at low level (no abilities available, making for boring encounters). Good thing all of my jobs are at level 30 minimum, with most being 50 already. Aiming to level up WAR too, but I'll focus on the AST first. With some luck I should reach level 55 or so by the end of the week.

On that subject: which is better to level-up? Dungeons (highest available) or Palace of the Dead? I'm becoming partial to the PotD, thanks to the bonus rewards, although sometimes you end up in not-so-great parties (I'll refrain from sharing my last bad experience which left me rather dismayed).

As for the new extension: give me my Red Mage!

What a pain. Where do I get 250-260 equipment? I've gotten some lore and Mhach gear for my MNK and tanks, and started on scripture gear, but I still have an i235 weapon and aren't quite i240.

Nohar said:
On that subject: which is better to level-up? Dungeons (highest available) or Palace of the Dead? I'm becoming partial to the PotD,

Palace of the dead 1-10 is 10% experience for your level, rounded downward to the nearest thousand. From there, it appears to go 12.5%, 15%, etc. I THINK 41-50 is 25%, but it might be 20%.

Thus, Palace of the Dead functions better for higher levels, as the experience scales by percentage of a level, The 51-59 dungeons take entirely too long comparatively for about the same amount of experience.

At 45, I would do my leveling roulette, then speedrun dizzy darkhold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom