• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So 4.0. Maybe 4.5.

I am not holding my breath. They dropped the ball with SMN.

NvuJzEl.jpg

First battle on the last Mhach raid will take place on an airship where you can fall.

Last boss is being designed by the same guy who did Ozma.

Guessing you can be resurrected if you fall.

Male bunny suit is coming. Maybe Sophia costume after that is out.

NvuJzEl.jpg

Guessing you can be resurrected if you fall.

Most likely. Don't know if they want to have perma death from fall off anymore since the last time it showed up from

Welp. Looks like it'll take a few days for a clear each week. The amount of times I dropped party or disbanded at Ozma is staggering.

I think you're likely to get a clear in the first week since that's when a lot of the people who put in a lot of effort want to clear it I think.

So we have to sit on that bench if we see it?

I wonder if something special happens if you do.

150 more floors of deep dungeons sounds interesting. Especially since the last two sets of floors started to get interesting with the increase in difficulty.

iammeiam

On the one hand they're trying really hard to make DD 51-200 sound amazing

on the other hand, they're not clarifying if it's difficult individual enemies or just crazy respawn timers. idek.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
On one hand it's very easy to wipe even in current PotD if you're not careful, on the other hand just spamming Palace Gravekeepers does not a difficulty make.

Hoping for some fun bosses at least.

On one hand it's very easy to wipe even in current PotD if you're not careful, on the other hand just spamming Palace Gravekeepers does not a difficulty make.

Hoping for some fun bosses at least.

Really depends on the party. A decent party is fine, even level 50 is a pushover...a bad party will probably wipe to something by level 44

Wilsongt

Really depends on the party. A decent party is fine, even level 50 is a pushover...a bad party will probably wipe to something by level 44

Lately I have been getting into parties of 3 tanks and 1 dps or 2 tanks and 2 healers. They need to work on match making when the floors get more difficult.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Okay, well yeah, but we can't really take people who can barely hold a controller in their hands into account when discussing difficulty, because people who asked for harder 4-man content aren't them.

Ogawa-san

When he said "hell starts here", I figured they'd make 8-man floors.

It'd match 8 dps together, of course. And then make Accursed Pox an AoE.

Guess Who

Banned
Wasn't it said that 51-100 is the rest of the new story and 101-200 is basically a hard mode? Feel like that's been said in a previous Live Letter.

iammeiam

Current PotD never really gets difficult, though, so much as the penalties for being dumb get worse. If it's just increased penalties for stupidity and an increased rate of things spawning on your head mid-combat, it's less cool than what they're trying to push. Time will tell, I guess.

Lately I have been getting into parties of 3 tanks and 1 dps or 2 tanks and 2 healers. They need to work on match making when the floors get more difficult.

True, but I have to say the most fun I've had at floors 41-50 is when I had 3 AST and a BRD right before the patch. Still won lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wasn't it said that 51-100 is the rest of the new story and 101-200 is basically a hard mode? Feel like that's been said in a previous Live Letter.

It's not just a hard reiteration of 1-100, if that's what you're wondering, I think it's just that the questline plot with
the necromancer that brought Edda's spirit back
ends there so people only interested in the lore can stop there and not do the "challenge" floors.

Wilsongt

It's not just a hard reiteration of 1-100, if that's what you're wondering, I think it's just that the questline plot with
the necromancer that brought Edda's spirit back
ends there so people only interested in the lore can stop there and not do the "challenge" floors.

Ascians. Always.

If we got Dancer wouldn't it be a Disciple of War since they don't use magical powers?

That would be interesting.

I can't wait till they reveal what the new classes are so I don't have to speculate anymore.

Vestal

So question to those currently playing. I haven't played since 3.2 .. Outside of the main story have there been any major changes to the game that are worth coming back for? Any big gameplay changes and such?

Thanks

Wilsongt

So question to those currently playing. I haven't played since 3.2 .. Outside of the main story have there been any major changes to the game that are worth coming back for? Any big gameplay changes and such?

Thanks

Not really. Same old shit. New tomes and gear to grind.

Thanks

There's not going to be any huge gameplay changes until 4.0 comes out.

Nakazato

5 dungeon into play with a controller on ps4. Still not comfortable. Is M & KB the way to go or since it's day one should I give it more time ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ken

5 dungeon into play with a controller on ps4. Still not comfortable. Is M & KB the way to go or since it's day one should I give it more time ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

both are fine. i actually find controller more comfortable. only issue is having too many buttons but the recent crossbar update might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom