• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah thanks!!

The official FAQ still seems to say level 20. Or at least I think I was looking at the official FAQ. Still plenty of restrictions around grouping and market use, etc. I went ahead and bought the game from Amazon. Should get here in a day or two.

Basically changing class is as easy as accepting a new job right? Or best to create a new char?

For being so kind answering a newbies questions I'm more than happy to use a ref code if it lets me plug it in during the account upgrade. :)
They haven't updated the FAQ for some reason.

To change jobs/classes you just switch your main weapon. Before that you just need to do a simple quest to gain the ability to equip the weapon.

You should definitely do the referral code as you get stuff out of it too.

Demoskinos

Ah thanks!!

The official FAQ still seems to say level 20. Or at least I think I was looking at the official FAQ. Still plenty of restrictions around grouping and market use, etc. I went ahead and bought the game from Amazon. Should get here in a day or two.

Basically changing class is as easy as accepting a new job right? Or best to create a new char?

For being so kind answering a newbies questions I'm more than happy to use a ref code if it lets me plug it in during the account upgrade. :)

I've been after that fist bump emote forever if nobody has already gave you a ref code I will. Just pm me if interested.

Squishy3

They haven't updated the FAQ for some reason.

To change jobs/classes you just switch your main weapon. Before that you just need to do a simple quest to gain the ability to equip the weapon.

You should definitely do the referral code as you get stuff out of it too.
The free trial page on the support site is updated but the free trial website isn't.

Granted the free trial website also had this on it for a good bit. Look at the class section.

jLOKJ2g.jpg

Bouniter

Ah thanks!!

Your very welcome, I'm still very much a newbie myself. I've also dropped you a PM explaining the recruit a friend program.

Look at the class section.

Wait what?!? I cant even work out how that was a miss type isn't it meant to say magic?

Squishy3

Your very welcome, I'm still very much a newbie myself. I've also dropped you a PM explaining the recruit a friend program.

Wait what?!? I cant even work out how that was a miss type isn't it meant to say magic?
I don't know exactly what the story was behind it but it just ended up there one day. Noticed it when I was looking up the free trial info for a friend.

Kinda disappointed whoever did it didn't go all the way and change esoteric to erotic.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Thanks whoever subscribed for 150 days for FF14. The refer a friend finally granted the second tier of rewards and you should get the aetheryte tickets, emote, circlet, and 10 silver feathers. I wish the game told me who it was specifically but its vague so I can't thank you personally. If you know who you are, I'll be glad to take take you to all the aether points in the heavensward areas since it is a pain to get to them if you cannot fly. All you need to do is ask.

iammeiam

Why is this game broken?

Shockingly enough it looks like Level3 is having issues again. This falls in the fantastic grey area of SE blaming your ISP, because SE's servers and datacenter are up, and the ISP is routing over Level3's hub to hit the datacenter in Montreal, and your ISP blaming third parties because everything in your ISP's network is fine, the problem is Level3 who you are not a customer of at all. Since a lot of, but not all, ISPs route their Montreal traffic through level3, Level3 node congestion (why the game often becomes laggy for some during the holidays) or failures are a frequent cause of widespread connectivity problems that don't quite impact everyone.

VPNs like WTFast seem to be helping, which leans towards the routing issue side of things.

Seems like as a DRK I have to power slash a lot if I have dropped grit since the DPS are good.

Power Slash/no grit is more damage than Dark Arts Souleater/with grit right?

I can't remember.

I also read you can change into Grit then power slash a couple times since that will be more enmity than a bunch of no grit Power Slashes. But I don't know if that advice applies since after the tank nerf from some patches ago.

Squishy3

Shockingly enough it looks like Level3 is having issues again. This falls in the fantastic grey area of SE blaming your ISP, because SE's servers and datacenter are up, and the ISP is routing over Level3's hub to hit the datacenter in Montreal, and your ISP blaming third parties because everything in your ISP's network is fine, the problem is Level3 who you are not a customer of at all. Since a lot of, but not all, ISPs route their Montreal traffic through level3, Level3 node congestion (why the game often becomes laggy for some during the holidays) or failures are a frequent cause of widespread connectivity problems that don't quite impact everyone.

VPNs like WTFast seem to be helping, which leans towards the routing issue side of things.
In this case it actually seems like there's a fiber wire cut somewhere which is causing issues.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Good job! I wish staffing problems didn't hold us back but we only have the last two phases to go through.

Thanks! Luckily we didn't hit the staff member wall like we did last tier. We took a break off for Fan Fest week but I'm happy we cleared the entire tier in a month.

Congrats! I'm so jelly, I wish I had the time to put in proper time for this tier but all I can do is get sparse clears and experience in fights.

Hopefully I can somehow get A12S down as well.

Congrats!

now carry me through pls

I was in an end game static for all of a week recently. We ran Sophia EX 3 times and then the leader unsubbed without a word.

Which, I mean, is unfortunate, and I don't have the will, the voice, or the lack of anxiety to start one up for myself.

:(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I wish there was a digital version. Not only because I dig the lore itself, but that minion...
Have you seen the prices for the soundtracks on iTunes? They would charge full price for a digital lore book and not include the minion.

Zhao_Yun

Ticket details for the EU fanfest have been announced:

We're pleased to announce the sale date and ticket details for the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt!

We will be providing a pre-sale period for our active players from November 2 at 10:30 (GMT), a whole week before tickets become available to everyone else! If you were an active player between the dates of September 1, 2016 and October 6, 2016, then you will be sent a unique email to the email address registered to your Square Enix account on Monday, October 31, 2016.

Simply click on the 'Buy Tickets' links in this email in order to purchase tickets. There is a limit of 4 tickets per purchase, and your link cannot be used by anyone else to purchase tickets.

All other ticket sales will be opened up to those who do not possess a unique presale code on November 9 at 10:30 (GMT). Ticket sales for the Las Vegas and Tokyo Fan Festivals sold extremely quickly. Make sure to get yours first!

To summarise:

Pre-Sale Email Dispatch (keep an eye on your inbox!)

- Early afternoon (European time) on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pre-Sale Period Begins (only accessible via your pre-sale email)

- Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 10:30 (GMT)

General Ticket Sales

- Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 10:30 (GMT)

Ticket Price

€148.99 each - Limit of 4 per order

Ticket price includes:

Access to the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt on Saturday and Sunday
Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Goody Bag (including unique in-game items)
KombiTicket which will allow holders to use the tram free of charge to travel to the venue

Note: Pre-sale emails will not be sent to email addresses unsubscribed from Square Enix newsletters. If you have unsubscribed from Square Enix emails in the past, please click here to find out how to receive the pre-sale email.

http://ffxiv-fanfest.com/eu/blog/index.php?post_id=blog-10-1636#post-blog-10-1636

ISP routing is still borked, I'm probably gonna lose all my weekly shit at this pace and thats gonna set back my gear progression big time since MNK BIS is like 90% scripture, fucking shite.

Omnicent

ISP routing is still borked, I'm probably gonna lose all my weekly shit at this pace and thats gonna set back my gear progression big time since MNK BIS is like 90% scripture, fucking shite.

Well it's hit or miss on my end. Takes me 2-10 tries to get past 2002 and log in.
Then I just have to hope I can stay logged in.

I was at least able to send my squad on training and mission.

Well it's hit or miss on my end. Takes me 2-10 tries to get past 2002 and log in.
Then I just have to hope I can stay logged in.

I was at least able to send my squad on training and mission.
I tried for a couple hours yesterday, best I could get is a 10k error instead of getting 90k'd

Stalk

I was actually hyped for fanfest but that price is pretty awful seeing as I also need to get a flight and other things. I know a few who are dropping out now.

I'm going to Budapest for less than that at Christmas :c

Croyles

150 euros.... wow fuck me

I was going to go and see friends, but I'm really not sure anymore.
I can go see at least 3 different concerts/shows for that money.

Ogawa-san

Queues on RF for Sophia EX as a healer have been at least 10min, sometimes 20. Are they any better for any of the two other roles?

I might just gear another role to make the bird farming less painful.

Looks like Encyclopedia Eorzea is on back order (not really sure what that means in regards to when it'll be available to send to customers.)

Do you guys know if the SE store charges for orders when they're placed, or do they do it when they ship stuff out?

Killthee

Looks like Encyclopedia Eorzea is on back order (not really sure what that means in regards to when it'll be available to send to customers.)

Do you guys know if the SE store charges for orders when they're placed, or do they do it when they ship stuff out?
When it ships. NA store is shipping their next batch in late Nov iirc.

Killthee

I got in an order for this second batch and they already charged me. I dunno if that means if they are shipping it now or what.
Apparently charge when shipped only applies to preorders. Everything else they just charge on the spot.

When will the sum be debited from my account?

You will be charged immediately after we confirm your purchase. For pre-orders however, you will be contacted a few days before shipping and will be reminded that your account will be debited.

I wouldn't expect it before the end of Nov/Dec, they were sending this email out a few days ago:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for signing up for the ENCYCLOPAEDIA EORZEA - THE WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY XIV waiting list.

We’re pleased to let you know that we will begin accepting orders for the second printing of the book from users who have signed up for the waiting list!
Due to signing up to be notified for the next shipment, you will have the chance to make a purchase from the available units in the second printing batch. Please understand that this email does not guarantee that you will be able to purchase a book from the second printing quantity.

This will be limited to the users on the wait list for 48 HOURS starting on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM PDT. After that time, the remaining quantity will be available for purchase from the website until gone. Users will be able to purchase one book per order. After the second printing allotment has run out, sales will cease once more.

Please note that the second printing of the ENCYCLOPAEDIA EORZEA is currently being manufactured and is scheduled to begin shipping at the end of November.

Please order from this private link:
Thank you for your understanding and support.
The Square Enix Online Store Team
What I want for 4.0

viera________________
Me too 😭

What I want for 4.0

More than two fucking dungeons per patch for expert.
Lol, not happening.

Squishy3

if the side content that's in stormblood is more like potd than it is diadem and lords of verminion then i'd still be fine with it.

potd was obviously a success, diadem and lotv weren't. hopefully eureka is better than diadem and is more just like a giant map than another instanced killfest like diadem. like keep the objective based thing from diadem that's at the beginning but keep it running throughout the entire map, make it seem like something is happening the entire time instead of just killing mobs to spawn glorified hunt marks

Ogawa-san

potd was obviously a success, diadem and lotv weren't. hopefully eureka is better than diadem
PotD's rewards were a success. I don't think if people would go there just for fun. Personally, just thinking about it makes me yawn, literally.

Put rare (and expensive) items as random rewards at the end of a LoV match and give a V materia for playing 10 of them and it'll be popular too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom