• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

PotD's rewards were a success. I don't think if people would go there just for fun. Personally, just thinking about it makes me yawn, literally.

Put rare (and expensive) items as random rewards at the end of a LoV match and give a V materia for playing 10 of them and it'll be popular too.

Honestly I'm not so sure that even better rewards would make LoV more popular. It just sucks. At least there's fun to be had in PotD and it has the benefits of giving amazing exp for levelling jobs and the the rewards on top of that.

Ken

Honestly I'm not so sure that even better rewards would make LoV more popular. It just sucks. At least there's fun to be had in PotD and it has the benefits of giving amazing exp for levelling jobs and the the rewards on top of that.

Have you played LoV?

Sorian

Banned
So I got my encyclopedia eorzea in and no namingway code anywhere in the box or book. Sent an e-mail to SE store support. How much of a headache is this going to be?

Shevat

Neo Member
So I got my encyclopedia eorzea in and no namingway code anywhere in the box or book. Sent an e-mail to SE store support. How much of a headache is this going to be?

Mine was between the credits and back page on a little card. I didn't notice it at first because it was pretty snug against the binding. Might want to double check in case you overlooked it. If not I hope they can resolve it for you without too much hassle.

Sorian

Banned
Mine was between the credits and back page on a little card. I didn't notice it at first because it was pretty snug against the binding. Might want to double check in case you overlooked it. If not I hope they can resolve it for you without too much hassle.

No, there's no way I missed it, I flipped through like 8 times.

*goes and checks*

Welp.

I'll see myself out. Thank you for where to exactly look, it is really tucked in there.

IvorB

Shockingly enough it looks like Level3 is having issues again. This falls in the fantastic grey area of SE blaming your ISP, because SE's servers and datacenter are up, and the ISP is routing over Level3's hub to hit the datacenter in Montreal, and your ISP blaming third parties because everything in your ISP's network is fine, the problem is Level3 who you are not a customer of at all. Since a lot of, but not all, ISPs route their Montreal traffic through level3, Level3 node congestion (why the game often becomes laggy for some during the holidays) or failures are a frequent cause of widespread connectivity problems that don't quite impact everyone.

VPNs like WTFast seem to be helping, which leans towards the routing issue side of things.

This never used to affect me but this time it did which is odd. Anyway seems fixed now.

PotD's rewards were a success. I don't think if people would go there just for fun. Personally, just thinking about it makes me yawn, literally.

Put rare (and expensive) items as random rewards at the end of a LoV match and give a V materia for playing 10 of them and it'll be popular too.

I actually enjoy Palace of the Dead. It's more interesting than gathering monsters together to practice your AOE skills on so better than dungeons for me. Though obviously dungeon bosses are better. The fact that you don't have the healer-tank-DPS every time makes it way more interesting.

This never used to affect me but this time it did which is odd. Anyway seems fixed now.

I actually enjoy Palace of the Dead. It's more interesting than gathering monsters together to practice your AOE skills on so better than dungeons for me. Though obviously dungeon bosses are better. The fact that you don't have the healer-tank-DPS every time makes it way more interesting.

I've gotten NIN, WAR, and PLD to 60 with PotD.

PLD was suffering,though. Who can even PLAY this?

I've gotten NIN, WAR, and PLD to 60 with PotD.

PLD was suffering,though. Who can even PLAY this?

PLD still feels like it's missing something *coughAOEcough*.

It needs just a bit more complexity to it to make it something I'll not feel like switching off from.

Hopefully 4.0 provides this. And when it doesn't I will say the same thing about 5.0.

Bouniter

Tying to get in but I Keep being told their is between a 160 and 260 person queue then eventually disconnecting 10105 is it just me?

Nohar

I stopped leveling PLD at level 50. I just find the job incredibly boring to play. Reading your messages doesn't make me want to continuing leveling it up.
I guess I really should try the WAR and DRK. I am not fond of tanking, but at least those two jobs seem fun to play.

Anyhow, I need to finish leveling up AST to 60 (currently 56) and get all Sophia weapons (missing 3 and I am done).

garath

Tying to get in but I Keep being told their is between a 160 and 260 person queue then eventually disconnecting 10105 is it just me?

I was happily playing, then zoned and now dead.

This is twice in my 10 days of playing that I've been unable to play. Not off to a good start.

Bouniter

not just you looks like Ultros went boom for some of us

=( in that case a quick warning to anyone on Ultros if you are currently logged in don't log out or you will not get back in at the moment.

I was happily playing, then zoned and now dead.

This is twice in my 10 days of playing that I've been unable to play. Not off to a good start.

I can honestly say I've not had any problems in the 2 months I've played so I think you've just hit some bad luck (I've played almost everyday as well.)

Edit: Oh wow looks like its kicking people off as well RIP fix yo servers Yoshi P.

exfatal

Just got kicked out of an instance good thing i just finished it and collected my reward. But now there is a queue for me to go back in? first time even seeing a que the hell..

Just got kicked out of an instance good thing i just finished it and collected my reward. But now there is a queue for me to go back in? first time even seeing a que the hell..

It looks like all of Primal is going down. Guess someone will be pulling emergency maintenance this weekend.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So it's just a little card? I think mine might actually be missing.
Small leaflet paper like the ones dumped in console games.
5rIe9NRhHomepage-Banner_Lore_1140x335_1140_KR.jpg

iammeiam

what is the difficulty jump from a11-12n to a9s?

Everything hits harder and mechanics failures count more (if you don't hide behind a rock, you get one shot, etc), but A9S is probably the easiest raid floor since at least second coil so... not much? There are really only four people in the group that need to know the fight--the MT needs to know where to point the boss when, the OT and one healer need to know the power generator pick up, placement, and add kite spots, and the designated Alarum dude needs to know how to do the Alarums (tag thing, take to spot, kill thing.) If you're one of those four people and you don't know the role, it's rough. If you're one of the other four people, you're pretty much reacting to some obvious telegraphed tells, hiding behind the boss when he tank busters (which doesn't have the orange marker telling you anymore, but just get on the butt during Scrapline or the puddle during double scrap), following the group and just hoping the four people who need to know the fight know it.

9 is probably easier than Sophia EX to be honest since there's no randomness to the mechanics.

MotherFan

I have been having an issue for awhile where my whole screen is flickering in direct x mode. It used to be very sporadic, but I just got a gsync monitor and it is doing it multiple times a min. I have tried all the in game settings and the nvidia control panel settings and nothing fixes it. I am having no issues in directx 9c mode. Any ideas?

It's harder but A9S is more the difficulty of an ex primal. I'd put it at around the same difficulty level as Sophia ex.

Everything hits harder and mechanics failures count more (if you don't hide behind a rock, you get one shot, etc), but A9S is probably the easiest raid floor since at least second coil so... not much? There are really only four people in the group that need to know the fight--the MT needs to know where to point the boss when, the OT and one healer need to know the power generator pick up, placement, and add kite spots, and the designated Alarum dude needs to know how to do the Alarums (tag thing, take to spot, kill thing.) If you're one of those four people and you don't know the role, it's rough. If you're one of the other four people, you're pretty much reacting to some obvious telegraphed tells, hiding behind the boss when he tank busters (which doesn't have the orange marker telling you anymore, but just get on the butt during Scrapline or the puddle during double scrap), following the group and just hoping the four people who need to know the fight know it.

9 is probably easier than Sophia EX to be honest since there's no randomness to the mechanics.
Thanks. I think I'll pause on Sophia EX and give this is a shot.

ebil

Got my Lore book earlier! It's beautiful, they did a great job with it.

I'm happy it finally kind of confirmed why "Ramuh" and his staff bizarrely featured on The Spire card
it's actually Rhalgr, he and Ramuh are basically the same god in different cultures as I had theorized

Got my Lore book earlier! It's beautiful, they did a great job with it.

I'm happy it finally kind of confirmed why "Ramuh" and his staff bizarrely featured on The Spire card
it's actually Rhalgr, he and Ramuh are basically the same god in different cultures as I had theorized

Maybe we will get a different
Rhalgr
to fight in Stormblood.

garath

So as a complete newbie, any things to keep in mind as I progress?

- keep doing the main quest or are there good dungeons I should spend some time in for gear early?
- I'm assuming pump my attributes into my jobs main stat? I'm a 16 pugilist, 18 rogue going for ninja. So I'll be throwing it into Dex.
- I don't plan on spending much time crafting but is there a low effort high reward one I should do for a bit?

Any other newbie tips would be nice :)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So as a complete newbie, any things to keep in mind as I progress?

- keep doing the main quest or are there good dungeons I should spend some time in for gear early?
- I'm assuming pump my attributes into my jobs main stat? I'm a 16 pugilist, 18 rogue going for ninja. So I'll be throwing it into Dex.
- I don't plan on spending much time crafting but is there a low effort high reward one I should do for a bit?

Any other newbie tips would be nice :)

Keep doing the quests, they'll reward you with most of necessary gear.
Yes, main stat, which is STR for PGL and DEX for ROG - stats are locked to classes, not characters.
Crafting only brings big rewards if you invest into it really heavily.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Grats!! Fight looks fun. Can't wait until I get there (hopefully soooon. Hitting last phase of 11 now with my group. If only we raided more)

Last phase is the most stressful thing for healers I've ever seen in this game bar none. So much healing required it's crazy.
I don't even know how people survive 4-5 rotations of Void of Repetance.

Heartfyre

Should I expect to see the 3.45 patch notes released today?

I just need to know how much of my soul I'll need to surrender for the next anima tier.

Ogawa-san

YJwuTm5.png

Not pictured: every weapon, of course.

At what point should I just give up on that mount drop and wait for the NPC vendor in 3.65?

Before Sophia I thought it was crazy that mounts cost 99 totems. "Who'd kill a boss that many times?!"

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
YJwuTm5.png

Not pictured: every weapon, of course.

At what point should I just give up on that mount drop and wait for the NPC vendor in 3.65?

Before Sophia I thought it was crazy that mounts cost 99 totems. "Who'd kill a boss that many times?!"
Assuming you have 128 tokens, 29 runs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom