• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about all of them are improvements though

It's a big improvement in voice direction mostly. In ARR it sounds like all the voice actors are doing dry readings for an English diction class - each word is carefully enunciated, but there's little emotional expressiveness. In Heavensward the voice actors actually, you know, act.

ebil

I'm really curious to see whether 4.0 is going to make relics interesting, or if they're satisfied with their current model.

If it's the latter and they're willing to fix our lousy healer accuracy for good (outside of having to constantly re-evaluate your melds while gearing up it's already a non-issue with Creator) then I'm certainly not going to bother.

Omni

They could surprise us all and make it a freebie for once. You talk to Ardashir, he apologizes profusely for wasting so so, much of your time and money with a perpetually outdated weapon, and gives you a 270 one for all your troubles.

This would be amazing.

Books? Hell no. Those were worse than tome grinding. ;___;

Guess Who

Banned
The best part about having all 60 jobs is that I can do PotD on any job without feeling I'm wasting exp, so now I only do it as a healer. Those full dps groups... Never. Again.

Yup. I always run as AST. I never want to be in a group without a healer and if that means I have to be the healer than god dammit, that's what I'm doing.

iammeiam

While floors up to 100 are related to the story of the Palace of the Dead, all floors after were created strictly as a challenge for players. For this reason, you cannot enter floors beyond 100 with a matched party.

On the one hand, I kind of get it. On the other hand, cross-server PF when.

Ogawa-san

No matchmaking beyond floor 100 huh... I guess Yoshi really meant it when he said it was hell.

Also, repeating 50-100 every time (and not dying in the process) won't get old at all.

The Dungeon Progression window will no longer remain active after using pomanders with a gamepad or controller.

No more double pomander!

I'm really curious to see whether 4.0 is going to make relics interesting, or if they're satisfied with their current model.

If it's the latter and they're willing to fix our lousy healer accuracy for good (outside of having to constantly re-evaluate your melds while gearing up it's already a non-issue with Creator) then I'm certainly not going to bother.
The only good acc fix would be getting rid of it. Blizzard got it right and had the balls to go with it.

Omni

WHY CAN'T I STILL BUY THE SEPH BIRD

This is upsetting. I've cleared that thing a ridiculous amount of times. I have over 100 tokens. Lemme buy it. I refuse to grind that primal any longer D:<

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People are already complaining you can't enter PotD 101 without a premade and crying they won't see that content ever.
Like, dude, make a PF, ask people around, why are you even playing an MMO.

Oh yeah, disappointed they didn't change Sephirot and Nidhogg's bird drop rates. Expected that to happen this patch. Oh well.

Omni

Relics only being i260 was expected I suppose. But still surprising. I hope that means the step isn't too tedious since we're able to get an equal weapon with some Lore and Alex normal clears.

Squishy3

People are already complaining you can't enter PotD 101 without a premade and crying they won't see that content ever.
Like, dude, make a PF, ask people around, why are you even playing an MMO.

Oh yeah, disappointed they didn't change Sephirot and Nidhogg's bird drop rates. Expected that to happen this patch. Oh well.
that'll probably be 3.5. And wouldn't be surprised if they save upping Zurvan and Sophia's for 4.0 so the Kirin equivalent is well... still exclusive.

Omni

You require 50 Singing Clusters
You can buy Singing Clusters for 150 Lore Tomestones
There's a daily quest to run Duty Roulette Expert to get 1 Singing Cluster
There's a weekly quest to run three Duty Roulette: Levelling to get multiple Singing Clusters. Can't find how many is given to you for that one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5ahwjg/relic_quest_guide_245/

I suppose... not too bad? What's that like 7500 Lore? Minus a few for daily roulettes.

Though it means the stupid ARF is gonna pop up even more in 60 roulette because people wanna grind. SIGH.

Nohar

I guess the reason I never understood why people were saying that they were having an hard time with PotD is that I always joined as a healer. I am finishing leveling up my AST, so I guess I will have a nasty surprise if I try this content again with a new job other than healer and end up in a full DPS or Tank team.

Anyhow, I am eager to try this new content. I just hope that the exp rewards for the new floors will be worthwhile for the time investment. I really want to level-up my other jobs there, I can't deal with the leveling roulette anymore: dungeons take too long, are quite boring (when you are playing in low level dungeons, you have too few abilities, it is a snore-fest), and when you end up with random people who are really bad at their jobs, it shows ; I have nightmares when I think of the level 57 dungeon of Heavensward, with a tank not turning the second boss and making him cleave everyone in the group (not to mention he kept getting vulnerability stacks from staying near the void thingies - he was at 6 debuff during one try, and the other DPS kept dying after getting knockbacked near those, what was I supposed to do as a healer?! I couldn't keep up at this point), and abysmal DPS from people who reached their 60th level and who deal less damage than the other member who isn't 60 yet and slightly undergeared (yes, you, you the monk who blatantly wasn't doing shit during the whole dungeon, whereas the other monk dealt twice as much DPS as you while slightly undergeared, you should be ashamed of yourself, and I will always remember you).

I should only play with friends, but not everyone is always available when I need them, and I come back fairly late from work everyday, so most people have already done their roulettes and such.

Oh this relic step is pretty easy, thank goodness. More silly lore grinding but at least you have alternate ways of getting the items too

Just saw the floor 100 boss on twitch and saw the team wipe. Seemed pretty easy at first, but then once the mobs started piling on, yeesh, like a soft-enrage. Still getting the hang of playing with my WHM, not sure if I want to play 50-100 with them.

Jeels

Looking forward to checking out a harder PoTD. Not looking forward to having to repeat it several times to get the weapon...

Qvoth

anybody reached floor 101 and beyond? does it deserve the no matching party change?
kinda overreacting imo, we'll see
wtzgU.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Floors 101+ appear to be just reskinned 1-100. There's the same/similar mobs, but tougher, with way more HP, and while the boss for 110 had a different model, it was the same mechanics as in 10. Disappointing, but expectable. I wonder what 150 and 200 have though. Having 60/60 at a minimum is extremely helpful, stuff is tuned way up on HP counts, and a standard party comp is strongly recommended.

iammeiam

So having poked around some later-on streams for PotD floors, it does look like things get real. Interrupts are a thing! This is neat!

Buuuut any wipe post-100 apparently sends you all the way back to 51, which is kind of awful. Resetting to 100 so you have to do the challenge mode floors iron man style makes sense in its own way, but I'm not sure why forcing you back through the easy floors is good game design.

IvorB

So am I understanding right that to do floors 101+ you have to be in a fixed group and stay in that fixed group all the way until your attempt ends? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom