• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Rule of thumb as a tank: if you aggro something come to me so I can pick it off of you. Don't want to do that? Don't count on me running after you, because I don't care at all.

Are you a bad tank that doesn't know how to hold aggro? That's very important information.

yaffi

Are you a bad tank that doesn't know how to hold aggro? That's very important information.

Nope, not at all.

I'm also only talking about 4-man dungeons.

Here are some examples:

Big pulls: while I'm rounding up all the mobs there are some dds who think it's a good idea to go full dps on the first thing that gets into their range. Then when they aggro said enemy, instead of bringing it to where I rounded up about a dozen things, they run around doing whoknowswhat.

Fights with 2 or more mobs: if I don't mark things (I usually don't do that anymore besides in <50 dungeons, since you meet some really special people there) it might happen that dds can't decide what to attack and each of them pick their own target. This can become compliacted in situations where I don't have Shield Oath yet. If a melee aggroes the enemy it's okay, I just take it back. If a range dd aggroes, well that's where it becomes annoying.

Healer hotting before pulls and then running away from me.

I main BLM and when I notice I'll aggro something soon I'll move closer to the tank even before something happens. This seems to be a totally unknown concept to some. Instead they just start running away from me/the tank.

Hikami

Just did my first dungeon. I was the tank so everyone followed my lead.
That was fun.

Also finally got some good-looking armor. Loving it.

PSL1e8V.jpg

Stuart444

Nope, not at all.

I'm also only talking about 4-man dungeons.

Here are some examples:

Big pulls: while I'm rounding up all the mobs there are some dds who think it's a good idea to go full dps on the first thing that gets into their range. Then when they aggro said enemy, instead of bringing it to where I rounded up about a dozen things, they run around doing whoknowswhat.

Fights with 2 or more mobs: if I don't mark things (I usually don't do that anymore besides in <50 dungeons, since you meet some really special people there) it might happen that dds can't decide what to attack and each of them pick their own target. This can become compliacted in situations where I don't have Shield Oath yet. If a melee aggroes the enemy it's okay, I just take it back. If a range dd aggroes, well that's where it becomes annoying.

Healer hotting before pulls and then running away from me.

I main BLM and when I notice I'll aggro something soon I'll move closer to the tank even before something happens. This seems to be a totally unknown concept to some. Instead they just start running away from me/the tank.

Your examples are mostly valid but I don't usually have to much of an issue in the second example. If it causes me to much issues then I mark otherwise I don't.

The rest I have experienced quite a few times though :(

Frumix

Suffering From Success
question regarding a12s gravity pools, are you supposed to move to middle during or after the boss finishes casting?

Positions are locked when Alexander stomps the ground. Well, technically at the end of the castbar but that's a good visual tell. So for example in Inception, we wait until he stomps, then immediately move to middle. For Stasis it's not an issue really since player pools will be automatically baited to the edges. For the first phase you just kinda get good?

Don't do Crystal Tower outside of weekends lol

I must, though, to get as much time as possible for the next step for my relic. If I spend all that time farming for Lore, I should be able to get into the new step, and get my rewards for the dailies and weeklies for it, before weekly reset.

I have enough items for 33 crystal sands, so

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Crystal Tower queues were annoying, but I was so glad that I read the stage ahead of time. Was able to get the previous upgrade, then immediately do that one.

I found getting in a hunt linkshell and/or Guildwork client very helpful in picking up spare currency between queues. Did it the last few days in between ARF queues and it's helped. Probably going to finish up the 260 stage tomorrow. Not patient enough to wait for Tuesday and the weekly to reset.

Hikami

your character looks dope Hikami

enjoy the rest of the game
Thanks!
Ooh, did you join GAF on Ultros? Xtech can troll you in this game like he did in BDO!

Nah, I'm on Siren. Not even the same data center as Ultros I think. Had some friends on this server.
I'll be playing this more casually instead of going all hard core like I did in BDO.

brinstar

So I just hit level 60 in FFXIV and finished Heavensward and I'm a bit confused on what to do now. Continue the MSQ? Is there certain dungeons I should hit to get started on getting endgame gear?

Reivaxe

I want the pretty birdy mounts but apparently they're super duper stupid rare and ... I can't even fly anywhere on my own yet and I got no level 60s cause new job sucks up a ton of meh time. :(

Welp, that sucks. At least I can get my DRK/ WAR the pretty new GC top if I keep training my Harem- I mean SQUAD!

Reknoc

So I just hit level 60 in FFXIV and finished Heavensward and I'm a bit confused on what to do now. Continue the MSQ? Is there certain dungeons I should hit to get started on getting endgame gear?

If you've been doing the clan hunt stuff to level up you can use them to get some cheap gear to keep you going while you go through the MSQ stuff.

Ogawa-san

Done 1-100 solo, died once, no Pal-less Palace II achievement.

Started over at 50, made to 130 before dying, no achievement again.

Now I don't know if I need to do the whole 1-100 all over again AND without dying, or if this thing is actually bugged.

Chille

Done 1-100 solo, died once, no Pal-less Palace II achievement.

Started over at 50, made to 130 before dying, no achievement again.

Now I don't know if I need to do the whole 1-100 all over again AND without dying, or if this thing is actually bugged.

You have to enter 101+ to get it so your gonna have to run it again from 1-100 without dying I think

Cwc9MYxWQAAImeF.jpg

Cwc0ma4XEAk2y-m.jpg

aceface

I just realized that on Ultros I haven't gotten an rmt tell in weeks. Whatever they did, it seems to have had an effect.

If I buy the game, will some of you want to play with me to help me catch up? I haven't played in over three years. I'm pretty early in the game.

Also, is it possible to change servers? I do not remember on what server I created my character.

Omni

If I buy the game, will some of you want to play with me to help me catch up? I haven't played in over three years. I'm pretty early in the game.

Also, is it possible to change servers? I do not remember on what server I created my character.
You can change servers but there are restrictions to it. Biggest being it costs like 20 dollars or something.

You might be better off just starting over on the server of your choosing. Just depends how far you are, I suppose.
I'd say yes to helping but I'm not on Ultros with GAF D:

Squishy3

Yup. The minute a bot sends a tell they're muted after 4 or 5 people report them I think. You'll still see them using /say in Limsa every once in awhile but yeah, the problem's been addressed for the most part.

wamberz1

Yo machinist is a fucking BLAST, definitely maining it hard

Just did my first dungeon. I was the tank so everyone followed my lead.
That was fun.

Also finally got some good-looking armor. Loving it.

that feeling when you hit lvl 15 and can finally ditch the diaper armor is the best

Like a previous poster said, I'd just start over depending on the level you left at.

If you're on Ultros, join the GAF FC and I'm sure people will give a hand where they can. Luckily during leveling there's not really a lot of need for help though.

Squishy3

27 more singing clusters to go. Will probably be done when the weekly reset rolls around and I can complete the weekly quest again.

dcye

I don't think I've ever missed a week of Jumbo cactpot since it came out and I've never matched a number ffs.

I don't think I've ever missed a week of Jumbo cactpot since it came out and I've never matched a number ffs.

Yep. I matched one number once.

All my numbers this week were even =.=

51/240

I don't have what it takes to do this before reset

bury me with my lore tomes

Ogawa-san

I expected to win this week considering I'm 2k from 1mi and that fenrir mount, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

I'm not even sure I want the mount anymore anyway. I got the bomb palanquin this week and it's awesome.

XenoRaven

So I just came back to Eorzea after a long break inspired by Alex Savage. Story spoilers ahead I guess.

So let me get this straight. They're getting rid of Minfilia and I'm still stuck with fucking Alphinaud? I'm going to get all my missions from this loser for the rest of the game's life? Is Yoshida trying to help me understand the Scions' struggle by transporting me to a realm of indefinite suffering?

Village

So I just came back to Eorzea after a long break inspired by Alex Savage. Story spoilers ahead I guess.

So let me get this straight. They're getting rid of Minfilia and I'm still stuck with fucking Alphinaud? I'm going to get all my missions from this loser for the rest of the game's life? Is Yoshida trying to help me understand the Scions' struggle by transporting me to a realm of indefinite suffering?

Whats wrong with alphinaud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom