• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Her voice actress was murdered.

while i know about that and it is a horrible tragedy , i don't think that means they ( SE ) are throwing her ( Yugiri ) underneath the bus. SE would have said something about it if they did .

if she comes back she will have a new voice actor to replace her .

I just remembered that back when I played years ago, I payed only 10$ a month because I had subscribed before ARR was launched. I also got the Gobuu mount by reaching level 30. Am I still granted a 10$ monthly fee instead of the usual 15$ even if I haven't subscribed to the game in years? Also, is my Gobuu mount still around?

garath

Really enjoying the game. Been playing for a week or so. The 20s have slowed down unfortunately. I put in a solid 4 hours in the last couple days and only gained a couple levels. I have been pretty much just doing the main quest line. Always get stuck on duty finder missions though. I have limited playtime and want to make sure I can complete it if I start it. Currently at the one to find the slyph elder.

Level 27. So close to getting ninja. Woot.

At least we can all agree that the best Scion is Tataru, right?
COpCtFv.jpg

Don't say I didn't warn you

Bento

while i know about that and it is a horrible tragedy , i don't think that means they ( SE ) are throwing her ( Yugiri ) underneath the bus. SE would have said something about it if they did .

if she comes back she will have a new voice actor to replace her .
Is there even a reason to bring her back? She, like most of the FFXIV cast, is pretty forgettable imo :p Also seems like Big-Boy Thancred has taken her spot as the Scions supplier of super fast intense Ninja action.

IvorB

Is it just me or have they fixed the thing where the enemy moving in mid-cast cancels the cast? My character actually repositions now to a certain extent.

Thorgal

Is it just me or have they fixed the thing where the enemy moving in mid-cast cancels the cast? My character actually repositions now to a certain extent.

yep casters now follow their target instead of losing it .

was added in 3.4 as part of the aut attack change .

Is there even a reason to bring her back? She, like most of the FFXIV cast, is pretty forgettable imo :p Also seems like Big-Boy Thancred has taken her spot as the Scions supplier of super fast intense Ninja action.

The two form a mullet-like ninja team, where Yugiri is the business up front and Thancred is the party in the back. Except that Yugiri operates behind the scenes more, so it's kind of like a reverse mullet.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Floor 200 cleared!

God, the last section just wants you dead. How do you like five gloom floors in a row?
Got the wrong reward too, I wanted the firecrest but we got the pumpkin. Oh well.

Ultros is NA server.

You can follow the instructions in the OP to join the Gaf free company/guild.

yeah, my level 31 character is on Ragnarok. I guess I'll have to pay 20$ to switch servers. We'll see.

edit: okay, this is the second time that the game fails to download the update. The update is "2014.08.26.0000.0002". What the hell? Is there a way to fix this? It's 11GBs big.

Village

I find him pretentious, annoying, and generally unlikable.

Why do you find him pretentious. I have never found him to be that way, if anything he seems rather content with who is and really doesn't think he's better than any one else. Unlike his sister who litterally left because she found political discourse to be nothing more than bickering. Alphinaud seems like he's just trying to do the right thing and i'm fine with that.

That isn't to see he hasn't made questionable decisions. Like Matching outfits with his sister, or thigh high boot pants. I'm interested in how that order went down

\
Minfilia is the worst Scion. :p

I don't know about worst. She is the most boring.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I hope if she comes back that she isn't voiced out of respect.

A woman in one region of the four did three lines for the game.
Tragedy is one thing but come the hell on.
What if a texture artist dies of cancer. I guess all the assets he's ever done should be scrapped.

It failed for the third time. Error codes: [20512] [25008] [20495]

The hell? I even rebuilt my console's database.

edit: failed for the fourth time, at 1048MBs. This is fucking bullshit. This problem has been going on for months, and everyone has a different solution for how to fix it. I'm trying some of them, but to no avail.

Hmm another raid group that falls apart and the only groups that want a nin have a western time zone unfriendly schedule...zzz

At least this FC on Leviathan seems nice!

dcye

A woman in one region of the four did three lines for the game.
Tragedy is one thing but come the hell on.
What if a texture artist dies of cancer. I guess all the assets he's ever done should be scrapped.

Haha yes that is equivalent.

XenoRaven

Hey guys, what's the best way to gear up from IL195? Obviously I have to grind out the old tomes and such, but is there anything else I can do that's relatively painless? I can't even queue for Level 60 dungeon DF.

Apoptomon

Hey guys, what's the best way to gear up from IL195? Obviously I have to grind out the old tomes and such, but is there anything else I can do that's relatively painless? I can't even queue for Level 60 dungeon DF.

what gear do you have? you can get i210 stuff via HW hunt seals fairly easily

ebil

Run the raids. Void Ark and Weeping City especially don't have a loot restriction anymore and you'll be able to catch up pretty quickly. Running them will also give you Mhachi Farthings/pennies that you'll be able to trade for gear upgrade items in Idyllshire. Alexander Midas is another option I guess.

Your first time completion bonus will help you get gear faster, so make sure to run content as you're able to unlock it, even if it's just dungeons. It adds up pretty quickly.

garath

So I really enjoy the game and I think I'd like to join the GAF FC if there's room. I'll follow the instructions on the OP but I'm a complete newbie to the game. Hope that's ok.

- is there currently room? If not, no worries. Don't want to take up a slot for someone more seasoned.
- I read about a FC XP buff? Does GAF have that? Require donations or something?
- I play with a good RL friend. He's a GAF member just not active in the community at all. Ok if he applies too?

Thanks guys :)

Reknoc

So I really enjoy the game and I think I'd like to join the GAF FC if there's room. I'll follow the instructions on the OP but I'm a complete newbie to the game. Hope that's ok.

- is there currently room? If not, no worries. Don't want to take up a slot for someone more seasoned.
- I read about a FC XP buff? Does GAF have that? Require donations or something?
- I play with a good RL friend. He's a GAF member just not active in the community at all. Ok if he applies too?

Thanks guys :)

1) yes
2) XP buffs rotate but we always have the reduced teleport fee
3) doubt that'd be a problem

Look forward to seeing you in the FC and RIP if you're on during the euro hours because it's nothing but a bunch of degenerates on during then.

Wilsongt

I now know why you can never find a tank via PF or if in drops out of your dungeon: they are all in potd.

I have run into so many 2 tank/2 dps, 3 tank/1 dps, 3 tank/1 healer etc parties.

garath

1) yes
2) XP buffs rotate but we always have the reduced teleport fee
3) doubt that'd be a problem

Look forward to seeing you in the FC and RIP if you're on during the euro hours because it's nothing but a bunch of degenerates on during then.

Awesome thanks!

Mobile site for guild works is a little clunky so I'll just put in my app tonight on the PC. I don't have a ton of playtime but I'm EST timezone so should be good :)

wow, and I can't even post on the official forums because I "haven't connected to the game in the past 14 days".

Yeah, no shit I haven't. I can't even download the fucking patch.

Welp, it failed once again, after 12 or so times of trying. I really do not know what to do. I will now contemplate asking for a reimbursement.

I emailed Square earlier, and they emailed me back with the usual nonsense "reboot your router", "make sure the PS4 has the latest system software", "make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive", etc. They also told me to open the following ports:

TCP
54992~54994,55006~55007,55021~55040

I'll try that, but I seriously doubt it'll change anything. Lots of people to whom this has happened have said that it didn't do shit for them. Also, I activated the DMZ feature of my router for my PS4's static IP address, and that didn't do anything. I am also not sure on how to do that with my girlfriend's router (it's a SmartRG SR505N).

sigh. What a disappointment. I was really looking forward to playing this game again.

Kenai

I wish I could help you but I know nothing about the PS4. Sorry. :(

Awesome thanks!

Mobile site for guild works is a little clunky so I'll just put in my app tonight on the PC. I don't have a ton of playtime but I'm EST timezone so should be good :)

Welcome. Nice to have more Gaffers who play both LoL and FF14 :)

aceface

Welp, it failed once again, after 12 or so times of trying. I really do not know what to do. I will now contemplate asking for a reimbursement.

I emailed Square earlier, and they emailed me back with the usual nonsense "reboot your router", "make sure the PS4 has the latest system software", "make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive", etc. They also told me to open the following ports:

TCP
54992~54994,55006~55007,55021~55040

I'll try that, but I seriously doubt it'll change anything. Lots of people to whom this has happened have said that it didn't do shit for them. Also, I activated the DMZ feature of my router for my PS4's static IP address, and that didn't do anything. I am also not sure on how to do that with my girlfriend's router (it's a SmartRG SR505N).

sigh. What a disappointment. I was really looking forward to playing this game again.

I would also try Square Enix chat support if you can't get anything else to work. They were able to talk me through a connection issue awhile back.

I would also try Square Enix chat support if you can't get anything else to work. They were able to talk me through a connection issue awhile back.

I just did. I talked to what seems like a bot; I kept getting copy/pasted info and whatever I wrote kept being ignored. Then the chat ended abruptly.

I opened the ports that I was told to open, and it didn't do anything.

I am fucking fed up with this bullshit.

After all these years, i'm still visually impressed by the Healer/DPS/Tank gear from Brayflox's Longstop. Last night I ran it unsync'd on my WHM about 15 times and picked it all up just to have for glamour. I think my record run was 4:27.

I just did. I talked to what seems like a bot; I kept getting copy/pasted info and whatever I wrote kept being ignored. Then the chat ended abruptly.

I opened the ports that I was told to open, and it didn't do anything.

I am fucking fed up with this bullshit.
I know this stuff is really frustrating. Are you able to try on someone elses network? I'd also try changing your DNS to something else, just in case there are multiple servers and it's pointing you to a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom