• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this stuff is really frustrating. Are you able to try on someone elses network? I'd also try changing your DNS to something else, just in case there are multiple servers and it's pointing you to a bad one.

I already tried changing my DSN address.

I could maybe go to my girlfriend's friend's place; they have another ISP.

Is it at all possible that this is happening because I have an SSDH?

rubius01

I mean....maybe? Though that kind of security is something that I wouldn't expect from a video game (im assuming that you changed HDDs since you last played). I'm not 100% sure but my gut is saying that it's something on your ps4 itself, not router/modem related. Have you tried performing a complete wipe of your ps4?

I mean....maybe? Though that kind of security is something that I wouldn't expect from a video game (im assuming that you changed HDDs since you last played). I'm not 100% sure but my gut is saying that it's something on your ps4 itself, not router/modem related. Have you tried performing a complete wipe of your ps4?

I have not played FFXIV on my PS4 before. When I played years ago, it was on my PC.

If by a complete wipe you mean formatting, no, I have not done that. It's the last thing I can try after trying another ISP.

Honestly, I doubt the problem lies with my PS4. This problem has been happening for years and Square has not offered a solution.

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4
link 5
link 6
link 7

This is so infuriating and depressing.

Hard drive failure was one of my first concerns, but I don't know what behaviors the PS4 exhibits in these cases.

Chille

I am not sure if I posted this yet, but I have finished my relic weapon

CwrDiiIWEAAPRl8.jpg

garath

I wish I could help you but I know nothing about the PS4. Sorry. :(

Welcome. Nice to have more Gaffers who play both LoL and FF14 :)

Thanks! I'm giving up on LoL for awhile and playing FFXIV and titanfall 2. I don't have a ton of time so can't juggle them all. I'll be back to LoL eventually. Been playing that for years.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thinking about grabbing 8GB more RAM. I currently have 8 and a 970/i7, but the frames drop a bit in Idyllshire. Did anyone in a similar situation notice any difference after increasing the amount of memory?

Squishy3

Thinking about grabbing 8GB more RAM. I currently have 8 and a 970/i7, but the frames drop a bit in Idyllshire. Did anyone in a similar situation notice any difference after increasing the amount of memory?
That would be a CPU limitation and not a RAM limitation.

Either way if enough people are in any given area you're going to get frame drops regardless of your system probably. Just look at any S rank spawn.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That would be a CPU limitation and not a RAM limitation.

Either way if enough people are in any given area you're going to get frame drops regardless of your system probably. Just look at any S rank spawn.
Good point, I don't think any PC can have smooth S ranks.

garath

Yay. Joined GAF FC last night. And got level 30 rogue. Went to get ninja and found out I need to finish the rogue quest line. Doh. I'm not too far out, been sort of keeping up with it but still have a couple to go. Oh well. Tonight.

Then it's back to level 1 again I guess. Will check out PotD this time. Keep reading it's a good place to level. Duty roulette with a dps takes forever. I barely squeeze in one in an hour and a half session.

Are there free proxies that I could use to download that damn patch? If it's really an ISP problem, maybe I could get the patch to download this way.

creid

Yay. Joined GAF FC last night. And got level 30 rogue. Went to get ninja and found out I need to finish the rogue quest line. Doh. I'm not too far out, been sort of keeping up with it but still have a couple to go. Oh well. Tonight.

Then it's back to level 1 again I guess. Will check out PotD this time. Keep reading it's a good place to level. Duty roulette with a dps takes forever. I barely squeeze in one in an hour and a half session.
Taking a level 1 character into PotD is kind of a waste of xp. Doing your hunting logs can get you from 1 > 15 in like an hour. After that, sure, go crazy w PotD.

garath

Taking a level 1 character into PotD is kind of a waste of xp. Doing your hunting logs can get you from 1 > 15 in like an hour. After that, sure, go crazy w PotD.

I need to look into hunting logs. I have no idea what that is lol.

Valor

I need to look into hunting logs. I have no idea what that is lol.

Basically it's a log book of certain types and amounts of monsters to defeat that yield net rewards of exp. For every base class there's a hunting log from 1-50, unlock the next set by completing the first set and so on.

Ogawa-san

Does the Heavensward PS4 disc contain every patch released up to the expansion's release?
Probably since it's required, but it wouldn't help you much since you still have 3.0-3.4 patches to go.

I haven't been following your unfortunate saga, but did you try rebuilding the PS4's database? It's probably the last step before formatting the PS4 - which I wouldn't do myself, it's far too much work to fix one game's issue that's probably unrelated to it.

Maybe something else worth trying is changing the DNS to another region's. I know you changed already, but maybe you picked one that resolved the same servers.

Probably since it's required, but it wouldn't help you much since you still have 3.0-3.4 patches to go.

I haven't been following your unfortunate saga, but did you try rebuilding the PS4's database? It's probably the last step before formatting the PS4 - which I wouldn't do myself, it's far too much work to fix one game's issue that's probably unrelated to it.

Maybe something else worth trying is changing the DNS to another region's. I know you changed already, but maybe you picked one that resolved the same servers.

I am having problems downloading a specific patch; one from August 2014, precisely. I have been told by someone that that patch is the only one to cause issues. So if I can get it installed on my console from a disc, it could enable me to finally play the goddamn game.

Yeah, I rebuilt my PS4's database three times.

I'll try switching to a DNS address from a different country. I used one provided by my ISP here in Ottawa, and Google's.

IT WENT THROUGH

IT WENT FUCKING THROUGH

DOWNLOADING PATCH 2014.09.27 NOW!!!

450 minutes left but I'm not touching that shit, lol. I'm waiting.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Last night I tried Sophia EX again and got to maybe 50% on the last try. Gonna get my shire hat this week before I try again. I also did a12 and we only wiped once before completing. Too bad I didn't get any parts other than my alexandrian gear.

Also, red panda hype from PotD!

rubius01

IT WENT THROUGH

IT WENT FUCKING THROUGH

DOWNLOADING PATCH 2014.09.27 NOW!!!

450 minutes left but I'm not touching that shit, lol. I'm waiting.

Lol. I was just thinking about your issue, and I want to say it's something to do with packet loss and when the launcher checks for file integrity.

Lol. I was just thinking about your issue, and I want to say it's something to do with packet loss and when the launcher checks for file integrity.

quite possibly

So it's doing it again now, but I went back to Google's DNS address after the previous connection dropped to a speed of 50KB/s. But I did manage to download three or four patches, so that's good. I'm at the patch from February 10th 2015 now. I'll switch my DNS address to the Japan one and see if it fixes it.

And it works!

wow, changing the DNS address to one from Japan (221.186.113.106, specifically) completely corrected the issue. I'm downloading at 0.5MB/s instead of 1.5MB/s, but that's hardly an issue.

Spread the word!

Can't wait to play this game again!

IvorB

i'll be sad if we get more hunts in stormblood

maybe

Why? I don't get why everyone hates on hunts but S ranks are always so well attended. This game is actually really lacking non-instanced battle content as it is. They seem to have given up on that.

Why? I don't get why everyone hates on hunts but S ranks are always so well attended. This game is actually really lacking non-instanced battle content as it is. They seem to have given up on that.
Because Hunts ignore years of MMO design evolution. Turns out people are assholes and timed content for an entire server is asinine. Content that can be denied by one impatient idiot can go to hell. I had enough of this shit in Ragnarok, I have little patience for that kind of thing in 2016.

And it works!

wow, changing the DNS address to one from Japan (221.186.113.106, specifically) completely corrected the issue. I'm downloading at 0.5MB/s instead of 1.5MB/s, but that's hardly an issue.

Spread the word!

I'm glad you're getting some progress finally!

I like hunts as well :>

And it works!

Spread the word!

This post should be added into the OP in case any new people come in with the same issue.

This post should be added into the OP in case any new people come in with the same issue.

Cool!

I'm trying to transfer my Ragnarok character to Ultros, and I was denied. I got this message:

- This character still has items in the possesion of the calamity salvager (only applicable to characters transferred from Version 1.0).
- This character's retainer has not been rehired (only applicable to characters transferred from Version 1.0).

Is there anything I can do?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
And it works!

Spread the word!

Nice, glad to see you finally got it working.

Reknoc

Hunts aren't really the problem (well... they are kinda) it's the community. They've made them so... I dunno, mechanical? The need for everyone to be able to fight it makes it so lifeless that it's worse that instanced content.

I dunno, that what I say with a grain of salt I guess because I'm stayed clear of the content and the tantrums that surround it.

Man, that Gridania music is really hitting the nostalgia, haha. It's so good!

Go to the calamity salvager in one of the three cities and take whatever they have for you?

Yeah and maybe go to the Retainer vocate in one of the 3 cities to see if you can rehire your retainer.

Thanks!

Alright, I've got some quick questions:

1. What items should I keep and what can I safely sell?
2. Where should I sell my stuff? Does the identity or the location of the buyer matter, or will I get the same price everywhere?
3. I'm a level 30 lancer and I want to be a dragoon. Where should I put my stats when I level?
4. Is there some way to respec? I have no idea if I correctly allocated my stats three years ago.
5. Should I do every quest available in the base game (which would take a long time, I think?) or should I stick to the main story and move on to Heavensward when I'm done?

Thank you

Man, that Gridania music is really hitting the nostalgia, haha. It's so good!

Thanks!

2. Where should I sell my stuff? Does the identity or the location of the buyer matter, or will I get the same price everywhere?
3. I'm a level 30 lancer and I want to be a dragoon. Where should I put my stats when I level?
4. Is there some way to respec? I have no idea if I correctly allocated my stats three years ago.
5. Should I do every quest available in the base game (which would take a long time, I think?) or should I stick to the main story and move on to Heavensward when I'm done?

Thank you

1. The items you probably have are not worth much, so you can sell them if the game lets you. You can check the market board and see if they're worth a lot more than a vendor will give you.
2. Doesn't matter
3. STR, but mostly doesn't matter while leveling.
4. You can respec, you buy a The Keeper's Hymn through your Grand Company and it's cheap. If you don't have the seals for it I wouldn't worry about it right now.
5. Do the Main Story and other stuff if you're feeling burnt out. The quests that are blue with a + mean that they unlock something, like a dungeon or trial. You should pick those up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks!

Thank you
1.) don't know what you have but I'm gonna assume most of it is junk if you're only lv 30.
2.) Doesn't matter.
3.) STR
4.) Yes, your grand company carries an item called The Keepers Hymn that will reset them. I forget at what rank it unlocks though.
5.) Hell no. Main Story quest is pretty long especially if you're reading the dialog and watching cutscenes, doing all the side quest on top of it will take forever. Use this guide to know which side quests unlock stuff. Try to stick to MSQ, those side quest on that guide, and your class/job quest; run non essential side quest if you're bored from msq or have hit a lv wall and need a quick exp bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom