• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the point where I need to pick a Grand Company. I did some research and apparently 1.0 had each of the GC be more suited to specific classes. Specifically, the GC in Gridania was better suited for DPS classes; Ul'dah, mages; and Limsa Lominsa, for tanks. Is this still the case? I'm going to be a Dragoon (DPS) and I strongly prefer the Limsa Lominsa GC, but I feel like I would be handicapping myself for not going with the GC in Gridania.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at the point where I need to pick a Grand Company. I did some research and apparently 1.0 had each of the GC be more suited to specific classes. Specifically, the GC in Gridania was better suited for DPS classes; Ul'dah, mages; and Limsa Lominsa, for tanks. Is this still the case? I'm going to be a Dragoon (DPS) and I strongly prefer the Limsa Lominsa GC, but I feel like I would be handicapping myself for now going with the GC in Gridania.

No; they have slightly different levels for gear, but they all give gear to all the classes, and they mostly only matter till 50 for actual stats.

Hikami

So I transferred to Ultros.. the previous FC I was in was full of drama and rude people sadly. Didn't really have any other reason to stay in that server since it was kinda dead.
Hoping to play with you guys instead.

Submitted an application on the site and in game.

edit: I'm in, thanks.

I said I was gonna play this casually but I'm pretty addicted. Up to 2.4 in the MSQ and I've been playing for like less than 2 weeks.
Dropped gladiator at level 26 and switched to lancer/dragoon. Tanking was getting pretty stressful. I'll get back to it once I unlock DRK though.

Kenai

Thanks

Is there any way at all to make the mounts go faster? They are so slow. They feel slower than sprinting on foot.

No, all mounts move the same speed when running. It might feel that way (especially if it was a mount designed with flying in mind) but they are indeed faster than sprinting. Also most of the 2.0 areas are tiny compared to 3.0 when flying is unlocked.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Thanks

Is there any way at all to make the mounts go faster? They are so slow. They feel slower than sprinting on foot.

Some mounts seem slow, but they all travel at the same speed. Flying can go faster, but you need to have a Flying Mount, and you can only fly in Heavensward areas after completing some prerequisites in every zone.

Redx508

So I transferred to Ultros.. the previous FC I was in was full of drama and rude people sadly. Didn't really have any other reason to stay in that server since it was kinda dead.
Hoping to play with you guys instead.

Submitted an application on the site and in game.

edit: I'm in, thanks.

I said I was gonna play this casually but I'm pretty addicted. Up to 2.4 in the MSQ and I've been playing for like less than 2 weeks.
Dropped gladiator at level 26 and switched to lancer/dragoon. Tanking was getting pretty stressful. I'll get back to it once I unlock DRK though.

Welcome to the FC! if you need help just ask here or ingame

No, all mounts move the same speed when running. It might feel that way (especially if it was a mount designed with flying in mind) but they are indeed faster than sprinting. Also most of the 2.0 areas are tiny compared to 3.0 when flying is unlocked.

Some mounts seem slow, but they all travel at the same speed. Flying can go faster, but you need to have a Flying Mount, and you can only fly in Heavensward areas after completing some prerequisites in every zone.

Alright, thanks.

Qvoth

Did you get your chocobo? Pull it out for the FATEs and they should go pretty smoothly.

yeah? Don't I need other people to do those quickly? What about GC leves?

in case you're confused, he meant calling your chocobo as your party companion, chocobos can be called as a party member to fight on field areas with a gysahl green, lasts like half an hour i think?
you gotta unlock the sidequest 1st though afaik, i don't remember if it's the same quest that unlocks the mount
edit: hikami already answered it

in case you're confused, he meant calling your chocobo as your party companion, chocobos can be called as a party member to fight on field areas with a gysahl green, lasts like half an hour i think?
you gotta unlock the sidequest 1st though afaik, i don't remember if it's the same quest that unlocks the mount
edit: hikami already answered it

Ah, thanks. I thought I could use it in combat as soon as I got it.

Nohar

What's the fastest way to gain GC currency? The best loop?

Your only option if you began and/or changed Great Company is to farm FATES, and do the "Guild Operation" roulette (english name to be checked), which gives a quick amount of GC currency, especially if you tag as a tank. After that, you can try to give crafted items to your GC (the list changes every 24h): you can accumulate quite a lot of currency that way, and it will level-up your crafting classes (you can buy these items at the market board if you can't or don't want to craft them, but some are certain to be costly).
Finally, once you reach the "Sergent" status, you can just exchange old stuff from dungeons for GC seals.

Squishy3

This 8 page Famitsu interview even with the broken google translate Yoshida says there'll be a greater proportion of Main Scenario quests, and that he wants a better balance of MSQ side quests and dungeons

Omni

Anyone need heals for A11s tomorrow? Or tonight. Saw 2% today and that's incredibly frustrating because my group cancelled tomorrow's raid before reset.

;_____________;

This 8 page Famitsu interview even with the broken google translate Yoshida says there'll be a greater proportion of Main Scenario quests, and that he wants a better balance of MSQ side quests and dungeons
There's some really cool details in that interview. Confirming a third raid difficulty for the best players (I like how he basically goes "don't even try to complain its too hard because I won't save ya"), battle system won't really get easier just gonna make the game less punishing but at the same time more rewarding if you're good, Relic quests won't recycle content anymore instead will be done exclusively through Eureka and so on.

Oh and the best part is that Yoshi won't say whether trailer woman was a MNK or a DNC. I'll gladly eat crow for kung fu DNC any day.

aceface

Your only option if you began and/or changed Great Company is to farm FATES, and do the "Guild Operation" roulette (english name to be checked), which gives a quick amount of GC currency, especially if you tag as a tank. After that, you can try to give crafted items to your GC (the list changes every 24h): you can accumulate quite a lot of currency that way, and it will level-up your crafting classes (you can buy these items at the market board if you can't or don't want to craft them, but some are certain to be costly).
Finally, once you reach the "Sergent" status, you can just exchange old stuff from dungeons for GC seals.

Also do your Grand Company hunting log for quick seals.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thanks for the warm welcome back to the FC! I'm excited to play again, missed the game.

I am a fresh 50, going through the pre-Heavansward quests. Should I buy HS now to raise my lvl limit?

Also - I play SCH now, but interest in trying AST. Whats the consensus between the two for a casual player?

Last questions - with apartments coming soon, will it be easier to get one? I know you need 500k but are they limited or can anyone get one?

-Hanuman Swiftwind

iammeiam

There's a translated summary of the Famitsu article here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comm...tsu_interview_with_yoshida_after_nas/d9zjzek/

Good to know they're considering removing ACC altogether.

Third difficulty hype. Also:

One staff member actually proposed a "Intermediate Hall" (due to having Novice Hall) to Yoshida. Where it teaches rotations to players. Yoshida was initially quite "meh" over the feature, but recently began to think that maybe it's a good idea.

I want to know if the staffer's head exploded when he said "Hey this is a good idea, maybe we should have one for rotations!" and Yoshida went "Meh."

Also underrated megaton:
No new races. If they want to do so, it may be for Patch 5.0

RIP Qhon's bunny girl dreams.

Last questions - with apartments coming soon, will it be easier to get one? I know you need 500k but are they limited or can anyone get one?

Anyone can get one, it's just a case of picking the housing area you prefer and checking the different subdivisions to see if there is a empty apartment room.

Also the apartments are already in the game.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone can get one, it's just a case of picking the housing area you prefer and checking the different subdivisions to see if there is a empty apartment room.

Also the apartments are already in the game.

this is what i'm specifically asking about - are there unlimited empty apartment rooms for players? or is it like houses where there are a set number of them

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Are there xmas and New Years events? I only subscribe during late spring early summer and was thinking about coming back for a month or two.
Most likely there will an xmas event with outfits and such, but I don't know if they loop that together with new years or not.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I haven't checked recently, but a few weeks after 3.4 hit our Apartments were not very full. There's nearly 6500 per server, so it would take a while to fill up.

Ken

Third difficulty hype. Also:

I want to know if the staffer's head exploded when he said "Hey this is a good idea, maybe we should have one for rotations!" and Yoshida went "Meh."

Also underrated megaton:

RIP Qhon's bunny girl dreams.

Time to commit sudoku

Ogawa-san

Would be cool if, before a new race, they could make someone in Eorzea, anyone, finally look at an au ra and question those half-human half-dragon people walking around all of sudden, in an expansion about Ishgard and dargons going ham on each other.

I still can't believe their origins weren't mentioned even once during the MSQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom