• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4GBs of data at 1.65MB/s, so around one hour. If the download fails like it did with the patches for the base game, I'll have to switch to a japanese DNS, which will drop the download speed to 0.5MB/s

Redx508

Um...yeah, it was on the wrong HDMI output. (Didn't realize gaming GPU's had their own, separate video-out. Or that your CPU's janky, built-in GPU concurrently still runs its own poor performance even when you have a nice graphics card.) Lol I feel like an idiot. Such a simple mistake and solution.

Regardless, thanks guys. (Sorry about highjacking the thread over something so dumb.) Grid looks gorgeous again.

you can disable the gpu inside the cpu in the bios for next time

Kenai

Bought on Amazon. Anyone with a server recommendation? Dont know if Ill start playing immediately or not...

Most of GAF is on Ultros if you are NA and wanna play with us.

Other popular servers are Gilgamesh for PvE content and Balamung for...RP stuff? Both are notoriously difficult to make characters on, though. Usually says the servers are full.

Bought on Amazon. Anyone with a server recommendation? Dont know if Ill start playing immediately or not...

Most Gaffers are on Ultros.

Low server population is only a big issue when you get to end-game raids and want a static. The duty finder will pull from everyone on the same data center as you. If you feel like moving, you can always throw SE like $18 to transfer across servers.

Most of GAF is on Ultros if you are NA and wanna play with us.

Other popular servers are Gilgamesh for PvE content and Balamung for...RP stuff? Both are notoriously difficult to make characters on, though. Usually says the servers are full.

If you want on the more popular servers like the above, you're going to have to create your character in the wee hours of the morning. Like 3-4AM PST-ish.

Balmung is a silly place, though.

Squishy3

If you want on the more popular servers like the above, you're going to have to create your character in the wee hours of the morning. Like 3-4AM PST-ish.

Balmung is a silly place, though.
They're always full immediately at all hours of the day. The only surefire way to get in is to transfer in because transfers aren't locked by server capacity.

Ken

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/1735854045dbe9b72d30e13820d9c9493226b665

A special winter sale is now underway on the Mog Station. Don't miss this chance to save on optional items!

Sale Items

Five Phials of Fantasia
Mount: Bennu (Account-Wide)
Minfilia's Attire
Y'shtola's Attire
Thancred's Attire
Yda's Attire
Papalymo's Attire
Urianger's Attire
Ten Pots of Pure White Dye
Ten Pots of Jet Black Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Sky Blue Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Purple Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Silver Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Gold Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Red Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Green Dye
Ten Pots of Metallic Blue Dye
Ten Pots of Pastel Pink Dye
Ten Pots of Pastel Green Dye
Ten Pots of Pastel Blue Dye
Ten Pots of Pastel Purple Dye
Ten Pots of Dark Green Dye
Ten Pots of Dark Blue Dye
Ten Pots of Dark Purple Dye

Squishy3

Some of the soundtrack is a bit lost on the cheap synths they actually use in the game. SE needs to give Soken some elbow room.
well we've also been listening to locus for over a year so we're a bit more susceptible to its flaws

i think it fit alexander very well and don't mind the "cheap feel" all too much... we've just listened to it for over a year. doesn't help it was the only song present for the majority of turns either

but yeah, eagerly awaiting metal, a8 theme, and rise up to be played at the fanfests

i never want to hear exponential entropy ever again

Squishy3

i already waifu'd haru in my JP copy

go fall in more lava in that new exdr dungeon
i haven't touched lava in any of my weekly a9s clears thank you very much

and i only got hit by one thing in my a10s clear this week and it was the laser during the roller
i learned i had enough hp to live

Password locked parties?

That totally isn't going to be abused.
Why would it be abused? It basically enables cross server static groups which is a good thing. If people want to meet up with specific players on other servers let them, specially with stuff like data center discord servers

Apoptomon

oh so even if chocobo counts as a pet, smn/sch/mch can still have class pet out at same time, cool. 16 or 24 entity full parties lol

ooh ruby carby

Squishy3

The 2.5 split was mostly MSQ stuff, wasn't it?
Yeah, 2.55 added The Steps of Faith and the conclusion to the story. (2.58 or whatever brought the nerfbat)

it sounds like they're thinking about delaying 3.55 so the gap between it and the expansion launch isn't as long.

No but at least you can do shit with it while you wait

One step at a time
They also made it so you can have chocobos out in a party without them taking up slots. Fate parties everywhere rejoice

Baleoce

I rejoined recently, partly to keep the FC house going, as everyone's on a break atm, but also to see what kind of progress had been made to PvP. I flagged dueling and was surprised to see it is restricted to the Wolves Den area and has no instanced option. Is that correct, or am I missing something? Just seems like a bizarre implementation. I had envisioned it as being something you could queue for, not necessarily to get rewards, but just to be able to find opponents, and when you're going around doing random things in the overworld with friends and just want to do a quick battle maybe while waiting for a fate you need or something else.

Was just reading the notes on the nova crystallis twitter from the patch preview, and am glad to see they're finally getting around to taking off the grand company restriction (well, it sounded like something you could toggle). They seem to be changing some things with duels too, but more to do with gear and ability restrictions.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
5_2_2l.JPG

The new 24 man looks a little underwhelming.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Currently soloing PotD with my WAR and I got to floor 60 today. After not getting the achievement for soloing 1-50 floors I found out that the only way to get the achievement for floors 1-100 is to do the whole run without any deaths.
Looks like you get the 1-50 achievement for doing 1-50 and dying on floor 51 or lower OR by reaching floor 100, since that also shows the ranking board.
For the 1-100 one, you have to die on floor 101+ (I assume reaching 200 would work too), but to get there, you can't have any deaths. As if the solo run wasn't stressful enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom