• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

Red, what have you done with the real Elfnerd?
(patch promo art; Alphy looks to me like he got spliced with Haurchefant)

akqgSXJ.gif

Hikami

Just got the disembodied head mount, it's pretty creepy. It has some new mount music I haven't heard yet at least.

Been doing nothing but PotD for the past few days. Really like it. Have only been doing 1-50 and sometimes 51-60 though.
My aetherpool gear is at 70/70 so I guess I'll try to push for floor 100 now.

dramatis

They weren't in the duty section. I checked.
Go to the cutscene book in the inn

On the top, find the rightmost icon (greenish hole looking thing)

In that section, it should be all the dungeons (dropdown is labeled "Instanced Dungeons")

Go down the list, find Castrum Meridianum/The Praetorium, click

On the right side, above the Play button, you will see

Cutscene #1
< O------------------ >
With the left arrow greyed out. Click on the right arrow to find all the cutscenes from the dungeon in order.

Did you scroll down? You have to scroll down on the page for that roulette to see the list as it's at the bottom. It's definitely there.

For those five roulettes to which I have access, there is no list.

I'm not sure but I don't think level 50 quests are supposed to give XP.

The Hildebrand quests do not give experience. Of the level 50 quests, only the main scenario quests will give out experience.

I see, thanks.

Crystal Tower is the FFIII thing. The main 2.0 raid is The Binding Coil of Bahamut.

I see.

They definitly are. I've rewatched those exact cutscenes from there only a few months ago. You said that the first cutscene was there right? Are you familiar with the UI? There is a slider you need to adjust to choose which cutscene from the quest/duty you want to watch.

Go to the cutscene book in the inn

On the top, find the rightmost icon (greenish hole looking thing)

In that section, it should be all the dungeons (dropdown is labeled "Instanced Dungeons")

Go down the list, find Castrum Meridianum/The Praetorium, click

On the right side, above the Play button, you will see

Cutscene #1
< O------------------ >
With the left arrow greyed out. Click on the right arrow to find all the cutscenes from the dungeon in order.

Alright, I know what was the problem. I had seen those sliders, and I had tried to mess with them, but they didn't budge. The issue is that you have to select the slider with the X button in order to be able to move them. But the thing is, when you press X on the slider, no sound effect is played. So when I tried that earlier, I thought I couldn't interact with the slider. But I tried again and I was able to move it. Yeah, all the cutscenes seem to be there.

Mesharey

Hey all, starting a new character and thinking about trying a tank.

Anyone know any good guides (or have some good advice)?
PLD, spam Flash.
WAR, spam Overpower.
DRK, spam the AoE attack (forgot its name).

Use tank stance when you get it.
Of course you should face the enemy and make it look at you and the party behind it.

Congrats! You're a good tank! :p

Stargypsy

Left middle side of the screen is your aggro list. There is a colored dot by each mob.
You want them all red. That means you have their aggro. If it goes yellow, you're losing aggro. Green means you've lost it.

You can cycle up and down and switch targets on the list while holding L1 and up or down on the d-pad. L1+R2 will cycle thru the mobs starting from closest to farthest.

KuroNeeko

I've played a fair bit with my Scholar and have some experience off-tanking (lol) with my Topaz Carb. Just not one for reading up on instances before doing them. I like going in blind!

Mesharey

You can cycle up and down and switch targets on the list while holding L1 and up or down on the d-pad. L1+R2 will cycle thru the mobs starting from closest to farthest.
Thanks for these I didn't know them, even though I raid since second coil of Bahamut and finished T13 before echo.. lol.

My main is PLD even.. XD
(I just know about L1+R2)

Hello, can I ask for Free Company invite? just got back to play this game a month ago since ARR launch.

I'm in Ultros and my character's name is Roronoe Kokonoe

edit: already submit my application :)

Duty Roulette: Level 50 Dungeons was finally added to the Duty Roulette list in Duty Finder. While it is locked, I can definitely see the list of dungeons I must complete to unlock it.

Question: what's the best way to get ilvl 90 accessories? I have the entire Dragoon ilvl 90 set, but my accessories are really dragging my average ilvl down (64). I still have some ilvl 30 rings and stuff.

Thorgal

Duty Roulette: Level 50 Dungeons was finally added to the Duty Roulette list in Duty Finder. While it is locked, I can definitely see the list of dungeons I must complete to unlock it.

Question: what's the best way to get ilvl 90 accessories? I have the entire Dragoon ilvl 90 set, but my accessories are really dragging my average ilvl down (64). I still have some ilvl 30 rings and stuff.

keep following the Main story quests , the game will first give you a full set of i 70 acc and later a full set of 110 .

RDreamer

Well that's awesome... Bought the Mac version of this and let it download overnight. Got up and wanted to install, but when I click the application it tells me I need to go to this new url and completely re download the entire game again. WTF Square-Enix, why wouldn't that be the initial download?

IvorB

You could just buy poetics stuff I think.

Pachimari

Finally got to buy the Encyclopedia Eorzea book from Square Enix, and it turned out to be €80. Half of it was shipping, the other half was for the book itself. Probably first and last time I buy from them directly.

Rixa

Well that's awesome... Bought the Mac version of this and let it download overnight. Got up and wanted to install, but when I click the application it tells me I need to go to this new url and completely re download the entire game again. WTF Square-Enix, why wouldn't that be the initial download?

I Join the club. I played this during PS4 launch. Downloaded it again thru PS4. Bought 1 month subscription, log in to account and getting dialer update and now its downloading 13 gigs more stuff :p. I guess one day of my subscription goes for charity. It takes 319 minutes to download those stuff. Maybe I can actually play tomorrow around same time.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Square Enix support isn't the fastest, but at least they come through eventually; got my Namingway code after a month.
Hello, can I ask for Free Company invite? just got back to play this game a month ago since ARR launch.

I'm in Ultros and my character's name is Roronoe Kokonoe

edit: already submit my application :)
You're in, sorry was at work all day.

RDreamer

I Join the club. I played this during PS4 launch. Downloaded it again thru PS4. Bought 1 month subscription, log in to account and getting dialer update and now its downloading 13 gigs more stuff :p. I guess one day of my subscription goes for charity. It takes 319 minutes to download those stuff. Maybe I can actually play tomorrow around same time.

I expected to download more stuff. I didn't expect to download a file only to be told to re-download that same file from a different url. I want to know why Square Enix's storefront would have people download a bad DMG file like that if they have the updated one.

Also, goddammit... had less than an hour left and I fucking closed the lid on my laptop and now it looks like the download cut off and isn't downloading... May have to start over yet again.

Rixa

I expected to download more stuff. I didn't expect to download a file only to be told to re-download that same file from a different url. I want to know why Square Enix's storefront would have people download a bad DMG file like that if they have the updated one.

Also, goddammit... had less than an hour left and I fucking closed the lid on my laptop and now it looks like the download cut off and isn't downloading... May have to start over yet again.

Iam not sure if the download continues if I put PS4 for rest mode. So now my Ps4 needs to be turned on whole night and then I need to remember to close it during morning (its 20:18 Sunday eve here). Approximately 236 mins left :/.

RDreamer

Iam not sure if the download continues if I put PS4 for rest mode. So now my Ps4 needs to be turned on whole night and then I need to remember to close it during morning (its 20:18 Sunday eve here). Approximately 236 mins left :/.

Rest mode should continue downloads.

RK9039

Does anyone know which is the best EU server? population etc. I've been stuck in an NA server since launch because they didn't have servers in EU at the time. I only just re-subbed and want to do a world transfer.

Thanks.

Thorgal

Does anyone know which is the best EU server? population etc. I've been stuck in an NA server since launch because they didn't have servers in EU at the time. I only just re-subbed and want to do a world transfer.

Thanks.

i am on Odin .

depends for what you are looking for .

in terms of most populated servers "Cerberus And Odin you want to go .

Ragnarok and Odin are the " official " EU raiding scene .

I was doing the Sunken Temple of Carn. The tank wasn't doing his job correctly for the whole thing; enemies kept attacking everyone. We get to the golem, the other DPS dies, I get momentarily distracted by my girlfriend which makes me forget to target his heart in the last stretch of the fight for a couple of minutes. We vanquish despite everything, and the tank guy files a motion to kick me out. I am kicked out.

lmao

RK9039

i am on Odin .

depends for what you are looking for .

in terms of most populated servers "Cerberus And Odin you want to go .

Ragnarok and Odin are the " official " EU raiding scene .

Thanks, I'll be on Odin. Ultros was fun but my connection has always been bad on there, and I really don't want to start all over again.

Does it cost money to do server transfer?
It seems my character, "whopping" level 20 is in Zodiark and I have been online last time over 2 years ago :p.

Yeah it costs 12 quid and it seems like you can transfer all characters in one world at once with that price.

ed: Only problem is I have to change my name, dammit.

RDreamer

Well this is fun. Finally got it downloaded and now every time I try to patch I get an "Unable to download patch files" error and the application closes after I hit ok.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Well this is fun. Finally got it downloaded and now every time I try to patch I get an "Unable to download patch files" error and the application closes after I hit ok.
Try the suggestion in the OP:

AuthenticM said:
Hey, just to let you know that it would probably help some other poor souls if you added to the OP the solution to the patch download error on PS4. I had to switch my DNS server to one from Japan; specifically, this address: 221.186.113.106.

I was able to replicate its success a second time after I tried Google's DNS to speed up the download (which kept giving me failures still), so it should be reliable.

I don't know if it's pertinent, but I live in Canada.

cheers

Hikami

Finally picked up my first Wondrous Tails book, really want that Alisaie minion.

So I had yet to do one of the trials for it and saw someone recruiting for it in the Party Finder.
(Also first time doing something unsynced).. It was over in seconds, holy crap.

CLBridges

Initially I was kind of not sold on PoTD but after going 1-50 and grinding a bit, I've come to really like it. Leveling Monk now and level 60 is a blast. Thinking about WAR next.

Squishy3

Finally picked up my first Wondrous Tails book, really want that Alisaie minion.

So I had yet to do one of the trials for it and saw someone recruiting for it in the Party Finder.
(Also first time doing something unsynced).. It was over in seconds, holy crap.
The only ones that take longer than a minute or two to finish are ones that have HP percentage cutoffs for mechanics that will wipe you if you don't stop attacking.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Initially I was kind of not sold on PoTD but after going 1-50 and grinding a bit, I've come to really like it. Leveling Monk now and level 60 is a blast. Thinking about WAR next.
I wasn't a huge fan of PotD 1-51 when it came out, it felt tedious and floors past 31 dragged on for forever with a bunch of annoying enemies.
The addition of 51+ changed everything, I feel like those are much better balanced, shorter (even 91-100) and I like some of the new items. To be honest even soloing 31-50 was much more tedious fun than 51-130.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Feels good to play this again.

Question, do Poetic gear no longer exist? Idyllshire has completely changed, wtf.
It does, the NPC location is still the same iirc.
The game still awards you poetics for different activities so you can gear up your classes for early 50s.

RK9039

Cool thanks. I might check out Mor Dhona out now.

Got my first 100 lore stones. I randomly thought I could do DF and I haven't tanked since 2015. Got Library I think? the one with the elevator music.

ed: Oh Esoterics have gone, no wonder.

Cleared A9S Saturday night, now I need to work on my Touch of Death uptime. 18% is horrendous, even IF I'm attacking adds and maybe getting scraplined.

My static has two Monks, and we literally ate the same scrapline at opposite ends of the boss trying to keep our positionals up.

Still 2nd dps by less than 100, behiund a BLM because BLM OP MNK buff when

It's okay, though. I'll have my 260 relic before next Saturday. 14/50 right now.

RDreamer

Got the game downloaded and running finally. Seems to run pretty well on my MBP with high settings for pretty much everything. Looks good.

Do I have to wait a while or get to a certain quest before joining the GAF FC?

Redx508

Got the game downloaded and running finally. Seems to run pretty well on my MBP with high settings for pretty much everything. Looks good.

Do I have to wait a while or get to a certain quest before joining the GAF FC?

Don't think so just have to submit a application like in the OP

I'm not online right now so i can't accept you :( maybe one of the other mods are online. if not ill do it when i wake up

OrionsNebula/Omega Centauri
I will invite you when i see you online

Omni

A11s doooooooooooown. Finally!

Thanks again to everyone who watched that video I posted the other day and gave some feedback o:

desverger

I recently jumped back to FFXIV as a Warrior. Most of the stuff that applies to other games applies to here as well. Keep aggro, know the encounters, lead the group.

How much prior experience do you have about tanking, in general?

In FFXIV there's a couple of tank classes, PLD is probably the safest option. WAR is great, in my opinion, since you can even do some tanking in a DPS stance. however you certainly have less "panic buttons" than a PLD. I have no experience of a DRK, since.. well, I'm still catching up with the story content and haven't opened HW :D

Does it cost money to do server transfer?
It seems my character, "whopping" level 20 is in Zodiark and I have been online last time over 2 years ago :p.

It's probably just better to start over on a different server. Level 20 isn't much, and nowadays you can get a +30% exp (under lv30) ring if you do all the training missions from the Smith (sprout icon in duty recommendations).

aravuus

So do I gotta be lvl 30 Arcanist AND lvl 15 Conjurer to be able to play as Scholar? Or just lvl30 ACN?

Resubbed a couple of days ago and I'm finally starting to really get into this game, after dropping like 5 characters after a couple of hours. Limsa Lominsa is an infinitely more interesting starting town than the fucking forest and ACN has been fun.

I'm asking because aside from the random duty finder guildhest or dungeon I'm going to be playing solo 99% of the time, and I've been reading that Scholar is great for solo players. Not the highest damage, but practically unkillable with a healing fairy and a tank/DPS chocobo.

Guess Who

Banned
So do I gotta be lvl 30 Arcanist AND lvl 15 Conjurer to be able to play as Scholar? Or just lvl30 ACN?

Resubbed a couple of days ago and I'm finally starting to really get into this game, after dropping like 5 characters after a couple of hours. Limsa Lominsa is an infinitely more interesting starting town than the fucking forest and ACN has been fun.

I'm asking because aside from the random duty finder guildhest or dungeon I'm going to be playing solo 99% of the time, and I've been reading that Scholar is great for solo players. Not the highest damage, but practically unkillable with a healing fairy and a tank/DPS chocobo.

Level 30 ACN and level 15 CNJ. (For Summoner, you need level 30 ACN and level 15 THM instead.)

Bear in mind you get an EXP boost for leveling alt classes, so it won't take as long.

aravuus

Level 30 ACN and level 15 CNJ. (For Summoner, you need level 30 ACN and level 15 THM instead.)

Bear in mind you get an EXP boost for leveling alt classes, so it won't take as long.

Alright, thanks! Shouldn't be too much work

It's probably just better to start over on a different server. Level 20 isn't much, and nowadays you can get a +30% exp (under lv30) ring if you do all the training missions from the Smith (sprout icon in duty recommendations).

Wat

I really gotta do these

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom