• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

dude I can't replay the cutscenes in my bedroom. Only the first one of the final mission. The hell? I skipped so many to keep up with the group. Do I have to hit youtube?

And this is why somewhere, a puppy howls sadly whenever a person is forced to skip cutscenes.

I think the coolest thing to emerge out of the live letter is cross server PF. Zurvan looks really cool too and as a huge FF VI fan I do wonder if we will fight Regula Van Hydrus as a "kefka" of sorts.

suzu

How can they make party finder cross server? Do you mean duty finder?

Duty finder is already cross server.

Party finder is server-only (for now). Also it's not automated like DF. You can use it to recruit or search for players that want to complete the same objectives.

Duty finder is already cross server.

Party finder is server-only (for now). Also it's not automated like DF. You can use it to recruit or search for players that want to complete the same objectives.

Interesting. So how will it work? You find a party on another server, so the game loads you into that server, and when the party is disbanded, you are sent back to your server?

Interesting. So how will it work? You find a party on another server, so the game loads you into that server, and when the party is disbanded, you are sent back to your server?

Looks like we can create "rooms" with password locks to play with certain people. We can all communicate as long as we are on the same data center. So let's say I'm on Lamia and you Ultros... we can communicate with people on Leviathan, etc. It will be awesome.

Looks like we can create "rooms" with password locks to play with certain people. We can all communicate as long as we are on the same data center. So let's say I'm on Lamia and you Ultros... we can communicate with people on Leviathan, etc. It will be awesome.

That's cool.

I just noticed that I am not getting experience points despite owning Heavensward. The Mog Station shows it as being registered to my account. What gives?

Man, I don't know what to do. Should I keep playing the game? I sent an email to Square. I hope they can fix this.

edit: well, I just got some experience by killing one enemy. Previous enemies did not yield any XP. Though quests still don't give any XP.

Squishy3

Man, I don't know what to do. Should I keep playing the game? I sent an email to Square. I hope they can fix this.
Edit: Ok, so what you might be seeing is that if you have any quests accepted before you redeemed Heavensward might not have updated to reflect that you now own Heavensward. However, the other thing is the MSQ quests don't actually give that much more EXP (Only 2400 a pop) and the main benefit comes from running the leveling roulette daily which is usually 1/2 to 3/4 of a level.

Edit: Ok, so what you might be seeing is that if you have any quests accepted before you redeemed Heavensward might not have updated to reflect that you now own Heavensward. However, the other thing is the MSQ quests don't actually give that much more EXP (Only 2400 a pop) and the main benefit comes from running the leveling roulette daily which is usually 1/2 to 3/4 of a level.

Ok, thanks.

Question: can completing a dungeon to which there are no quests associated unlock something? I have a bunch of dungeons I have unlocked from sidequests, but I haven't done them yet. Do I gain something from completing them besides XP and loot?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, thanks.

Question: can completing a dungeon to which there are no quests associated unlock something? I have a bunch of dungeons I have unlocked from sidequests, but I haven't done them yet. Do I gain something from completing them besides XP and loot?
Clearing certain sets of dungeobs at least once is required for unlocking various roulettes (which will give you daily bonuses for clearing). Definitely try clearing everything.

Ok, thanks.

Not really but some optional dungeons are used for some content like relic weapons, that's about it.

Squishy3

Ok, thanks.

Doing the level 50 dungeons some of which you've unlocked go towards unlocking the level 50 roulette, which will help you earn more of the endgame currency used to gear up quickly at level 60. If you get tired of the MSQ and want to change it up you can do them, or queue up while working your way through MSQ. Some ones I'd specifically recommend to do because they have unique setups/storylines associated with them would be The Wanderer's Palace (and the Hard version subsequently) as well as Tam Tara Deepcroft (Hard). Another good change of pace would be the Hildibrand questline (which has some unique boss fights associated with it and lots of comedy) that can be started by talking to Wymond in Ul'dah.

There's only 2 level 50 dungeons that are part of the main scenario, and the rest can all be unlocked without progressing through the MSQ. http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Duty_Roulette#Duty_Roulette:_Level_50 The two MSQ dungeons are Snowcloak and Keeper of the Lake, and you can just click on the rest to see where the unlock quests are.

Kenai

Cross server party finder was the best thing to happen to WoW in the better part of a decade so I'm glad to see it put in 14 so quickly. Really helps avoid the problem of inactive servers.

Qvoth

i think all dungeons are tied to a quest for the 1st time, be it main story or side quests
so if you still see the quest on your quest journal, that means you haven't cleared it

Omni

I haven't had a bot try to sell me gil through tells for weeks.

TODAY however. It seems they've started inviting people to parties instead. Omg. It's even more annoying than before. And you can't even report them directly.

i think all dungeons are tied to a quest for the 1st time, be it main story or side quests
so if you still see the quest on your quest journal, that means you haven't cleared it

Only really works if you picked up the quest to begin with though. I remember unlocking the 50 roulette being a pain in the arse because of it. Just gives you a bit list with "????" plastered down on dungeons you've not played... as if that helps any xD

the_id

finally finished the Mainline story quests. Now I need to work through stories from 2.1-2.55 only then will I buy Heavensward.

One thing though, this is my first MMORPG and I'm loving it.

Squishy3

Thanks

Is there a way to check which dungeons I have cleared and which I haven't touched yet?
I wanna say you'll see them marked as ??? when looking at level 50 roulette in your duty finder. I actually have an alt that doesn't have level 50 roulette unlocked so I'm going to go check if that's the case right now.

Edit: Ok, if you've unlocked them but not done them yet they'll be marked as red when looking at level 50 roulette. If you've not unlocked them they'll be marked as question marks.

I haven't had a bot try to sell me gil through tells for weeks.

TODAY however. It seems they've started inviting people to parties instead. Omg. It's even more annoying than before. And you can't even report them directly.

I was also getting bot party invites! It was maddening! Maybe I'll just always have my chocobo out or something

I have not recieved a single RMT tell in a long, long time. It's so nice being able to turn tell SFX again and not have my ears bleed.
Cross server party finder was the best thing to happen to WoW in the better part of a decade so I'm glad to see it put in 14 so quickly. Really helps avoid the problem of inactive servers.
Yeah, this should help Primal servers a lot and hopefully stop the bleeding of players to Aether.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Phew, I finished my solo adventure with PotD - got to floor 133 as a WAR.
I still think this is the best long term piece of content in the game. While party play below floor 100 isn't that great, soloing feels like a real roguelike.
LU0OVa1.jpg

Finally getting my Sultan's Fists today. It only took exactly 3 weeks from 2 aether oils(ARF grind) and 77 total umbrites (half ARF grind, half roulette).

i need 5 more, 3 from roulettes today, and I'll use ARF to finish it off, then do the quests for 13 singing clusters before reset, before any roulette gained lore.

Next step will kill someone.

I wanna say you'll see them marked as ??? when looking at level 50 roulette in your duty finder. I actually have an alt that doesn't have level 50 roulette unlocked so I'm going to go check if that's the case right now.

Edit: Ok, if you've unlocked them but not done them yet they'll be marked as red when looking at level 50 roulette. If you've not unlocked them they'll be marked as question marks.

Fantastic!

Phew, I finished my solo adventure with PotD - got to floor 133 as a WAR.
I still think this is the best long term piece of content in the game. While party play below floor 100 isn't that great, soloing feels like a real roguelike.

How long did it take you?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I believe that's the one I'm using. It's pretty great. That said, unless something changed, remember to update the firmware so that you can use the internal memory allowing you to use custom DPI without any problems. It was a while ago, so I don't remember what problem I had with the settings, but using the latest FW fixed it.

Also, instead of using G-Shift for the rightmost button, which was sometimes problematic for me in XIV, I recommend setting Shift/Alt/whatever button there. Just set up your shortcuts accordingly, without using the G-shift mode. Maybe they fixed it already, haven't checked.

Edit:
While this post makes it sound like the mouse isn't good, aside from the above problems which can be solved in a few minutes, I've been using it for a few months without any hiccups.

Redx508

I believe that's the one I'm using. It's pretty great. That said, unless something changed, remember to update the firmware so that you can use the internal memory allowing you to use custom DPI without any problems. It was a while ago, so I don't remember what problem I had with the settings, but using the latest FW fixed it.

Also, instead of using G-Shift for the rightmost button, which was sometimes problematic for me in XIV, I recommend setting Shift/Alt/whatever button there. Just set up your shortcuts accordingly, without using the G-shift mode. Maybe they fixed it already, haven't checked.

Edit:
While this post makes it sound like the mouse isn't good, aside from the above problems which can be solved in a few minutes, I've been using it for a few months without any hiccups.

yea i used this mouse for a few years now can't go back lol

I also set the alt key to it

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
yea i used this mouse for a few years now can't go back lol

I also set the alt key to it
When I was using G-Shift, my most used buttons (1, 2, 3) would often stop responding until I unplugged the mouse from the PC and plugged it back. Changing the rightmost button to alt or shift fixed it for me.

Ok, I'm looking at the Duty Roulette list in the Duty Finder window, but I can't see what Squishy was talking about. I have five options listed under Duty Roulette:

-Duty Roulette: Leveling (Lv. 16)
-Duty Roulette: Trials (Lv. 50)
-Duty Roulette: Main Scenario (Lv. 50)
-Duty Roulette: Guildhests (Lv. 10)
-Duty Roulette: Frontline (Lv. 50)

Trials is locked because I need to have an iLvl of 90. But nowhere can I see the list of dungeons that are featured in any of the roulettes. Under the Dungeons (A Realm Reborn) tab, I have the list of dungeons available to me (the ones I have unlocked). But what I want to know is which ones of these I have completed. The Achievements page is not of help because I don't have the Haukke Manor achievement in Exploration, yet I know I have completed the dungeon.

wamberz1

"I'll start trying coil through DF, how long could the wait time possibly be?"
was sitting there for four hours. This is gonna be rough.

Ok, I'm looking at the Duty Roulette list in the Duty Finder window, but I can't see what Squishy was talking about. I have five options listed under Duty Roulette:

Trials is locked because I need to have an iLvl of 90. But nowhere can I see the list of dungeons that are featured in any of the roulettes. Under the Dungeons (A Realm Reborn) tab, I have the list of dungeons available to me (the ones I have unlocked). But what I want to know is which ones of these I have completed. The Achievements page is not of help because I don't have the Haukke Manor achievement in Exploration, yet I know I have completed the dungeon.

Hmm, I'm not sure how many level 50 dungeons you have to complete for the Level 50 Duty Roulette to start showing up in your Duty Finder. Here are the dungeons it contains:

The Keeper of the Lake
The Wanderer's Palace (Hard)
Amdapor Keep (Hard)
The Wanderer's Palace
Amdapor Keep
Pharos Sirius
Copperbell Mines (Hard)
Haukke Manor (Hard)
The Lost City of Amdapor
Halatali (Hard)
Brayflox's Longstop (Hard)
Hullbreaker Isle
Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard)
Stone Vigil (Hard)
Snowcloak
Sastasha Seagrot (Hard)
The Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard)

Do you know if you've done any of these dungeons yet?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Here's an up-to-date list of the Roulette dungeons (I think).
http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Duty_Roulette

RDreamer

Really tempted to bite on the Mac version of FFXIV. I just got a brand new MacBook pro and want to test it out on something, and I've always wanted to jump into FFXIV, too.

Anyone here use the Mac client? How is it?

Hmm, I'm not sure how many level 50 dungeons you have to complete for the Level 50 Duty Roulette to start showing up in your Duty Finder. Here are the dungeons it contains:

Do you know if you've done any of these dungeons yet?

I have done some of these. I would have to look up a youtube video of each of the dungeons to make sure though. It would be so much simpler if the game offered the player the information though, such as the number of times you have cleared each dungeon.

Here's an up-to-date list of the Roulette dungeons (I think).
http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Duty_Roulette

Thanks

On another note, I have finally unlocked the Crystal Tower raid. Is this where you fight Bahamut? The Coil or something? I'd very much like to do it with a bunch of gaffers. I think it would substantially improve the experience.

SkyOdin

dude I can't replay the cutscenes in my bedroom. Only the first one of the final mission. The hell? I skipped so many to keep up with the group. Do I have to hit youtube?
Cutscenes are split into two categories: quest and duty. If the cutscene plays while you are out in the field or in a town, you find it under the quest section. If it plays while you are in an instance or raid, it is found under the duty section.

If you are looking for the Preatorium cutscenes, you can find them in the Preatorium listing under the Duty tab. Alternatively, just play through Preatorium again, since the cutscenes will play again if the "skip dungeon cutscenes on replay" option is not selected in your character options screen.

Cutscenes are split into two categories: quest and duty. If the cutscene plays while you are out in the field or in a town, you find it under the quest section. If it plays while you are in an instance or raid, it is found under the duty section.

If you are looking for the Preatorium cutscenes, you can find them in the Preatorium listing under the Duty tab. Alternatively, just play through Preatorium again, since the cutscenes will play again if the "skip dungeon cutscenes on replay" option is not selected in your character options screen.

They weren't in the duty section. I checked.

Is it normal that quests are still not giving me experience? I did a lot of the Hildebrand quests, and they were just giving me money. I've been getting experience from high-level enemies and FATES and all that, but not quests.

IvorB

Did you scroll down? You have to scroll down on the page for that roulette to see the list as it's at the bottom. It's definitely there.

Is it normal that quests are still not giving me experience? I did a lot of the Hildebrand quests, and they were just giving me money. I've been getting experience from high-level enemies and FATES and all that, but not quests.
I'm not sure but I don't think level 50 quests are supposed to give XP.

The Hildebrand quests do not give experience. Of the level 50 quests, only the main scenario quests will give out experience.

Reknoc

On another note, I have finally unlocked the Crystal Tower raid. Is this where you fight Bahamut? The Coil or something? I'd very much like to do it with a bunch of gaffers. I think it would substantially improve the experience.

Crystal Tower is the FFIII thing. The main 2.0 raid is The Binding Coil of Bahamut.

SkyOdin

They weren't in the duty section. I checked.
They definitly are. I've rewatched those exact cutscenes from there only a few months ago. You said that the first cutscene was there right? Are you familiar with the UI? There is a slider you need to adjust to choose which cutscene from the quest/duty you want to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom