• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
mileS said:
This is what everyone on the internet says but after testing this for days multiple different times I notice NO difference in how fast the dura goes down. There might be a big difference if its 15 ranks above your current but when its under 10 there is little to no difference and if there is its so damn minuscule its not even worth mentioning.
I never had any piece of equipment break at all until I bought a staff for my THM 6 ranks higher than I was. That staff kept breaking frequently until I got equal with it.

JudgeN

Running a GTX 470 with 260.99 drivers and this game only seems to use about 35% of my GPU and about 35% of my i7 @ 4ghz CPU. Is this a bug or is this just how the engine performs? Anyone else running this kind of issue?

mileS

Dreamwriter said:
I never had any piece of equipment break at all until I bought a staff for my THM 6 ranks higher than I was. That staff kept breaking frequently until I got equal with it.
I don't play a THM or CONJ but I heard they have an issue with their weapons breaking faster than other classes. Weapons are different though like i said. If you are playing solo a weapon will get the dura hit extremely fast. I was more or less taking about just the armor itself.

jiggle

from my experience
conj wand usually breaks after 8 leves (solo)
regardless of the rank dif between it and the player
i've been using willow wand for a while now and did not notice any improvement as my rank went up

DrDogg

Dreamwriter said:
No, you are definitely missing something. The music changes everytime you engage a mob in XIV.

Then you need equipment closer to your actual rank (or to stop dying :) ). It's when you are using something more than 3 or 4 ranks higher that they wear out that quickly.

Square did announce that they were going to be filling the world with creatures, that's probably going to set this up.

I use equipment very close to my rank (less than 5 ranks above), or below my rank. I'm not stupid, I know how to play the game. I see people running around with gear 15 ranks over their current rank. I'm not one of those people. I just craft a lot, and I find that I have to repair something every single time I play (I almost always play for 5+ hours). Granted there are times when this is undergarments that I only get to 75% via the NPC, but until SE gives me another retainer or lets me repair while it's equipped, I bank this under a problem with the system.

jiggle said:
really?
the XI i played, in pt & in endgame, death is completely dependent on everyone doing their job
this dwarfs the number of solo deaths

Maybe you should play with more competent people? Unless I was tanking, my death rarely relied on anyone other than the tank. Even then, I had a hand in my own death 9/10 times.

jiggle said:
lots of occasions when those are not available

How long ago did you play? Rarely did I die where at least an R2 wasn't available, and since you like talking about endgame so much, are you telling me your endgame LS was so lackluster there weren't many WHMs?

jiggle said:
and they can add up
even thfs i knew, that were always given R3, were sick of sac-ing for events

So you want to group sac-pulling in this now? If you're sac-pulling you know without a doubt that you're going to take heavy XP losses. I don't consider sac-pullers to be among the majority here.

jiggle said:
this is as batshit insane as saying XIV having a history option for craft is being lazy
there are so much to do in a game and time is limited
sorry if i rather spend the time doing something else
or put those points to better use like merits

Seriously? It takes a day or two of merit parties to reach the XP cap. If you can't spend two days in merit parties for XP instead of merit points, then yes, you're lazy.

jiggle said:
great news for all the drg/pup/dnc/blm/thf/whm/dnc/drk/bst/pld/rng/blus that are swimming in invites :p

DRG are favored in many merit parties. BLMs have mana-burn parties that provide better XP than many merit parties. THF, DRK and RNG are all welcome in merit if they're properly geared, same with a WHM (to a lesser extent). I'll give you some of the others, but most of the remaining jobs you mentioned can solo with relative easy.

Kronotech

I know people have complained to death about this but the Market Wards needs that Search asap. November patch better be just what we were looking for. Separating the wards doesn't do much to help. Whatever ward I enter seems to have crafting materials I don't need, equipment I don't need, weapons I don't need.

I still plan on a good hour to shop because I now have to check 3-4 different wards only to find junk. Doesn't matter what "tax penalty/break" they add, people aren't going to care.

My griping session has now ended.

Edit: Still having some fun with the game... just annoyed when my shopping time takes longer than 20 minutes.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Quick question, if I uninstall/cancel are my characters gone or are they saved on the network? I do like the game, but I got other priorities going on (and I need the hard drive space, lol)

jiggle

that's a lot of conditions to meet just to justify xp penalty, don't you think?

why not, u know, not have it at all?
problem solved
noobs and elitists can play together
whms can play on other jobs that they want
damn lazy ppl can spend their time being lazy by crafting and doing quests and farming and putting merits to good use and camp NMs and hang out with friends, damn lazy ppl
unpopular jobs won't have to solo relatively easy mobs for 50xp/kill to get a 10k buffer before events

abyssea is a good solution too
although it made level progression way to easy

Kronotech said:
I know people have complained to death about this but the Market Wards needs that Search asap. .

yellowgremlin's bazaar manager is the best thing we have now
works most of the time
now if only more sellers use it and keep it updated

Raging Spaniard said:
Quick question, if I uninstall/cancel are my characters gone or are they saved on the network? I do like the game, but I got other priorities going on (and I need the hard drive space, lol)

iirc
in FFXI, they guaranteed retrieval for 3 months?

but they held these annual welcome back events that will get ur character back from ages ago

assuming it's the same with XIV...

Atrus

Gold Member
Kronotech said:
I know people have complained to death about this but the Market Wards needs that Search asap. November patch better be just what we were looking for. Separating the wards doesn't do much to help. Whatever ward I enter seems to have crafting materials I don't need, equipment I don't need, weapons I don't need.

Searching for items still won't help all that much. The simplest answer to have negated all the issues would have been an auction house, but instead of that we're now down to a Diablo-esque barter system and incredibly shitty economy design.

The entire system as is needs to be overhauled because apparently nobody with a brain designed this one.

hgplayer1

Kronotech said:

I still plan on a good hour to shop because I now have to check 3-4 different wards only to find junk. Doesn't matter what "tax penalty/break" they add, people aren't going to care.

Edit: Still having some fun with the game... just annoyed when my shopping time takes longer than 20 minutes.

Ive had pretty good luck with the wards since they updated them. I usually dont make a special trip to go search for something but when I do go into them I'll check one area then leave. I dont always find what I need but no way am I gonna spend a lot of time going through every ward.

Jinko

Going to have a break from the game as of today, for the most part I feel like a robot who logs in completes 8 regional leves, 8 local leves and then waits for the reset.

Novembers patch better be special, they better add some amazing leves and some additional content, what the game currently offers is not enough.

As far as the ecomony goes an AH would help, but the market is already becoming saturated, prices would crash through the floor with an AH and with so much gil floating around it would become even more useless than it already is.

SE really did not think the ecomony over and its guna get a shit load worse before it is corrected.

Haint

Kronotech said:

I thought they had already detailed the impending search system. It will search 1 ward for 1 item and simply place an icon by the names of the sellers. Hopefully it will give loading preference to selling retainers or you will still have to spent 10 minutes inching forward to get every retainer to load on your screen.

Atrus said:
Searching for items still won't help all that much. The simplest answer to have negated all the issues would have been an auction house, but instead of that we're now down to a Diablo-esque barter system and incredibly shitty economy design.

The entire system as is needs to be overhauled because apparently nobody with a brain designed this one.
Works fine for me, WAY better than it was before. And add in searching for items and it'll be perfect. I don't see what your problem is with the searchable wards - if you are looking for a particular bow, you can search for one in the Battlecraft Ward in your local city, and then go and buy it. If you are selling a certain bow, other people can search and find you selling it. Seems fine to me.

Kerrinck

Unknown Soldier said:
FFXIV (and FFXI) is like EVE, there is only one cluster of servers in Japan and everyone uses the same servers. On Lindblum, I frequently see people speaking Japanese and German in addition to English. Your region only determines your method of payment available to you.

Thanks. So if I buy it in Europe, I will need an euro credit card or game card?

DrDogg

Dreamwriter said:
Works fine for me, WAY better than it was before. And add in searching for items and it'll be perfect. I don't see what your problem is with the searchable wards - if you are looking for a particular bow, you can search for one in the Battlecraft Ward in your local city, and then go and buy it. If you are selling a certain bow, other people can search and find you selling it. Seems fine to me.

Wards do not work in their current state. No matter what I'm looking for, whichever ward I look in has 90% of the retainers selling ZERO items that belong in that ward. Even if I use YG, most of the retainers I've searched for are not where they appear to be. I think I've found a grand total of 3 items I've searched for since the game launched.

Adding a search feature will help, but it will still be no where near as useful as an auction house. Unfortunately, there's simply way too much gil in the game. Gil practically has no use for me at the moment. Either I can't find what I want to buy, the mats to make what I want to buy, or the item/mats are so overpriced, I balk at it despite the fact that I have a significant amount of gil doing nothing. :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
DrDogg said:
Wards do not work in their current state. No matter what I'm looking for, whichever ward I look in has 90% of the retainers selling ZERO items that belong in that ward. Even if I use YG, most of the retainers I've searched for are not where they appear to be. I think I've found a grand total of 3 items I've searched for since the game launched.

Adding a search feature will help, but it will still be no where near as useful as an auction house. Unfortunately, there's simply way too much gil in the game. Gil practically has no use for me at the moment. Either I can't find what I want to buy, the mats to make what I want to buy, or the item/mats are so overpriced, I balk at it despite the fact that I have a significant amount of gil doing nothing. :lol
Dogg, if you ever need mats just give out a shout, I or someone else will be happy to help get them to you. We're always throwing away stuff that someone might need, so it's best to let everyone know that you're looking for a particular ingredient.

JudgeN said:
Running a GTX 470 with 260.99 drivers and this game only seems to use about 35% of my GPU and about 35% of my i7 @ 4ghz CPU. Is this a bug or is this just how the engine performs? Anyone else running this kind of issue?

All the way back on page 2, so I don't blame you for not seeing it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23423369&postcount=136

My system is just about identical to yours and yes, that's how this game works. It's most likely designed with the PS3's Cell processor in mind.

DrDogg, it seems to me that what you want is FFXI-2. You want FFXI again. Squenix has been pretty adamant that this game will not be FFXI again, despite re-using the races to keep things familiar to people coming over from FFXI. If you want FFXI again, you should go back and play FFXI, because this game will never be FFXI again.

Also, fuck XP death penalties, and fuck all mobs being aggro. If Squenix brought that garbage back in FFXIV I would cancel my account the same day. Fuck that Neanderthal game mechanic that you seem to worship so blindly. I like exploring the world in MMOGs and I hated that if I fucked one thing up in FFXI I would be killed, lose 10% of XP, and end up at my homepoint 2 hours walk away. Fuck FFXI's time sinks. If you enjoyed having your soul crushed that much, just go back to FFXI and give up on FFXIV. Squenix has removed so much bullshit from FFXIV that was in FFXI it's really quite amazing, and I like it that way even though the game is pretty blatantly unfinished. I may be playing 10% of a game in FFXIV but it's already 9,007% less soul-crushing than FFXI was.

Unknown Soldier said:
DrDogg, it seems to me that what you want is FFXI-2. You want FFXI again. Squenix has been pretty adamant that this game will not be FFXI again, despite re-using the races to keep things familiar to people coming over from FFXI. If you want FFXI again, you should go back and play FFXI, because this game will never be FFXI again.

Wanting an auction house does not equate to "wanting FFXI-2." He may want an auction house, but he could simply want a functioning economic system, something XIV does not currently have.

Pai Pai Master said:
Wanting an auction house does not equate to "wanting FFXI-2." He may want an auction house, but he could simply want a functioning economic system, something XIV does not currently have.

No, what he wants is 10% XP death penalty, all mobs aggro, and various other soul-crushing game mechanics. That's FFXI-2. The lack of Auction House will be rectified once Squenix is confident they can introduce it into FFXIV without the rampant RMT which destroyed FFXI's economy for several years before Squenix got a handle on it.

Teknoman

Late Dr.Dogg, but yeah, you're missing something somehow. Theres a specific battle theme for each major region, and special battle themes that play at certain points during guild leves. Once you go active and engage a target, thats when the music starts. When participating in a leve or behest of any kind, the music plays through the event.

Maybe it only kicks in once you get in a hit?

Kandinsky

I need an Eorzea Viewer or something that way i don't have to play this thing to see the awesome models and incredible texture work on equipment, plus effects, spells and all that stuff.

Teknoman said:
Late Dr.Dogg, but yeah, you're missing something somehow. Theres a specific battle theme for each major region, and special battle themes that play at certain points during guild leves. Once you go active and engage a target, thats when the music starts. When participating in a leve or behest of any kind, the music plays through the event.

Maybe it only kicks in once you get in a hit?

Battle music starts if you are in a party and are even near the battle. You don't even have to be fighting to hear the battle music. Leve music starts the moment the leve initiates.

The best part is that DrDogg completely denies there is anything wrong with his computer and everything is somehow the game's fault. It works perfectly for me without crashing (I've dropped to desktop a total of 3 times since retail launch), R0'ing (except just twice so far in retail), and it has music everywhere in the world except in the dungeons. Though Mistbeard Cove has music for some reason when other dungeons don't.

Unknown Soldier said:
No, what he wants is 10% XP death penalty, all mobs aggro, and various other soul-crushing game mechanics. That's FFXI-2. The lack of Auction House will be rectified once Squenix is confident they can introduce it into FFXIV without the rampant RMT which destroyed FFXI's economy for several years before Squenix got a handle on it.

Oh well that's what I want too. Once they fix the horrible lag and UI the game will be way too fucking easy to give a shit.

Pai Pai Master said:
Oh well that's what I want too. Once they fix the horrible lag and UI the game will be way too fucking easy to give a shit.

Go back to your soul-crushing 12-hour grindfests where you LFG 2-3 hours first then and leave us alone. Have fun with your 16-hour boss fights where people get physically ill and can't continue because they are so physically exhausted and the boss still didn't die. I'm older now, I've graduated from college, and I have a full-time job now and so I like being able to play just a few hours in any given day and accomplish something meaningful. I can actually do that in FFXIV despite the excessive running around.

Shouta

Unknown Soldier said:
Go back to your soul-crushing 12-hour grindfests where you LFG 2-3 hours first then and leave us alone. Have fun with your 16-hour boss fights where people get physically ill and can't continue because they are so physically exhausted and the boss still didn't die. I'm older now, I've graduated from college, and I have a full-time job now and so I like being able to play just a few hours in any given day and accomplish something meaningful. I can actually do that in FFXIV despite the excessive running around.

You do realize that FFXI hasn't been like that for a good 3-4 years, right?

Shouta said:
You do realize that FFXI hasn't been like that for a good 3-4 years, right?

I quit that game back around 2006 and never went back. But the point remains, FFXI was everything I don't want FFXIV to be. If Squenix has learned that people don't want that kind of life-destroying experience since I quit, then good on them. Certainly FFXIV seems to reflect a Squenix which isn't trying to ruin people's lives with their MMOGs. If that means it's "too easy" for the super-hardcore players who play 18 hours a day, then that's fine, FFXI isn't being shut down or anything and I think original EverQuest is still operating too with a small playerbase. Hell, Lineage 2 is still operating, if it's hardcore you want, the Koreans can give you all the hardcore you can handle. The fact that the rest of the market has moved on from games like that reflects what the majority of MMOG players want, and it's not soul-crushing hardcoreness.

Shouta

Unknown Soldier said:
I quit that game back around 2006 and never went back. But the point remains, FFXI was everything I don't want FFXIV to be. If Squenix has learned that people don't want that kind of life-destroying experience since I quit, then good on them. Certainly FFXIV seems to reflect a Squenix which isn't trying to ruin people's lives with their MMOGs. If that means it's "too easy" for the super-hardcore players who play 18 hours a day, then that's fine, FFXI isn't being shut down or anything and I think original EverQuest is still operating too with a small playerbase. Hell, Lineage 2 is still operating, if it's hardcore you want, the Koreans can give you all the hardcore you can handle. The fact that the rest of the market has moved on from games like that reflects what the majority of MMOG players want, and it's not soul-crushing hardcoreness.

No, the point doesn't remain. The game being challenging and being solo friendly or whatever is not related to each other. A game can be challenging and still be easy to play. A death penalty (which is a damn genre standard in some format) does not make the game more difficult to play, it just gives an incentive not to get killed and if you aren't getting killed, it doesn't even matter.

And you want soul-crushing? This game has it already. It has limited questing, low number of mobs, fucking randomized SP gain, and large amounts of SP/XP needed between levels compared to FFXI. For crafting, there's a ridiculous amount of small pieces (even worse than FFXI's recipes) you need to gather to craft certain items and without an AH or a search system at the moment, it's soul-crushing to run around and look for it all. Then you have lack of a proper search system to assemble parties, no additional travel options aside from Anima (which regenerates too damn slow), and degrading equipment?

This game, at the moment, is as soul-crushing as FFXI ever was. It's just cherry-flavored soul-crushing rather than plain.

Atrus

Gold Member
Unknown Soldier said:

Funny you should mention this. Our FFXIV linkshell was essentially a resurrection of GameOver and LeanBack from Midgard, and though many of these players participated in things like holding KB for 10 hours straight or Fafnir for 14 hours as they competed with NewCompany, very few of them are still playing FFXIV.

In fact, it's down to just Wintermute, Brandson and my brother. Can you imagine that? FFXIV is so taxing, it is actually worse than FFXI at it's worst.

Ravidrath

The game wouldn't feel quite as taxing if there were people to talk to, but nobody ever seems to be on.

I have two LSes totalling 90 people so, and the only people online ever are just bazaaring.

I'm in PST, which is likely a factor, but even looking at the server status, the max I've seen lately is 1290. Just a few weeks ago, that was more like 3500. And this is on Mysidia, one of the more populous servers.

Honestly, I'd like the option to grind more so I could rank up, but parties are hard to come by with the size of the active population and don't tend to stay together because of the disparity between how mages and melee get SP.

Because of all of the above, I'm limiting myself to leves mostly now, and that's getting old unless I can find people to do them with.

Feep

Banned
For us, it's no big deal. If we're not having fun, we move on. We find another game to play.

This must be devastating for the people who worked on this game for so many years. To see people flee in mass exodus within 60 days...it's cringeworthy.

Salaadin

Atrus said:
Can you imagine that? FFXIV is so taxing, it is actually worse than FFXI at it's worst.

This is kinda how I feel. Im just getting frustrated with it and moved on to some other games for a bit. Ill probably only log on periodically to do leves and party with some friends.
I already bought the crysta to last me up to PS3 launch and thats still my plan. Im just hoping these November and December patches bring miracles or its going to be a loooong 6 months.

JudgeN

Atrus said:
Funny you should mention this. Our FFXIV linkshell was essentially a resurrection of GameOver and LeanBack from Midgard, and though many of these players participated in things like holding KB for 10 hours straight or Fafnir for 14 hours as they competed with NewCompany, very few of them are still playing FFXIV.

In fact, it's down to just Wintermute, Brandson and my brother. Can you imagine that? FFXIV is so taxing, it is actually worse than FFXI at it's worst.

Yea I don't agree with this at all, I can think of so many FFXI moments were FFXI made me want to throw my computer out the window. FFXIV is bad but I been able to manage without much issue.

dynamis xarcabard give me a red mage hat. O here one after 4 1/2 years of god damn dynamis :lol

Unknown Soldier said:

FFXI isn't like that unless you're a masochistic anti-social dumbass. The individual battles against regular mobs are far more exciting than XIV's current UI-clusterfuck vs enemies that barely fight back and take far too few hits to pummel to death. Perhaps once party play is smoothed out it'll be as exciting to take on a group of XIV mobs as it is to take on a single XI mob, but currently combat itself in XIV is pretty dull and will be mindlessly easy once you're fighting the actual mob and not the archaic interface.

All that BS in XI isn't challenging from a gameplay perspective. I'm talking simply player-vs-enemy battles here. They suck in XIV.

Also, calm the fuck down. Jesus.

Londa

Banned
I liked the death penalty in FFXI and I also liked the mob aggro. But no it didn't have all mobs aggroing you and once you got higher only the strong mobs would aggro you. FFXIV does the same kind of aggro like FFXI.

Londa said:
I liked the death penalty in FFXI and I also liked the mob aggro. But no it didn't have all mobs aggroing you and once you got higher only the strong mobs would aggro you. FFXIV does the same kind of aggro like FFXI.

It's kinda like just running around Ronfaure and La Theine and complaining that not enough mobs aggro.

I don't think there needs to be an EXP/SP death penalty though. Currently, travel is such a bitch that it's almost penalty enough; if you die during a party you're going to miss out on a considerable amount of points because it's not really like XI where the entire party needs to stop as soon as one person goes down. In addition I don't really know the numbers, but gear degrades a considerable amount upon KO, does it not?

I feel like there was a conscious decision to include some sort of penalty for getting KOed...it's just not as apparent to the player as losing EXP and leveling down, thus seeming "easier."

Londa

Banned
FFXI back in the day was good for teens and college students. These people have grown up, so FFXI adjusted to their needs. FFXIV is trying to start out catering to their needs but they sort of fail because they forgot about hardcore players and really, it takes 4 hours to do both the local and regional leves if they do them solo. Local leves seem to take more time for me for some reason. I'm not complaining about it, just saying how it is for me.

Jinko

Unknown Soldier said:

Sorry but this game is every bit as "soul-crushing" as 11 and in some cases more so.

A huge part of me wishes this was FF11-2 because 11 worked, many of the things in this game don't make any sense, random SP being a massive one, this stops me from wanting to party because I can't stand to see someone else getting more points than me for doing the exact same thing. (or less in some cases)

There are things like being able to solo monsters and more currency than anyone knows what to do with but these don't make the game any less time sinky or soul destroying imo.

Leves are also soul destroying because they further impact the feeling that you are grinding in a neverending cycle of do the same.

This game lacks vareity and the reason is because its not finished.

I think many people have a kind of stockholme syndrome when it comes to 11, if its not kicking you in the face repeatedly its not considered fun or a challenge. Some of you need to get that out of your head, games are supposed to be fun, not an extention of your workday.

This games never guna have XP/SP loss on death they said this from the very beginning time to get over it.

Jinko said:
Sorry but this game is every bit as "soul-crushing" as 11 and in some cases more so.

A huge part of me wishes this was FF11-2 because 11 worked, many of the things in this game don't make any sense, random SP being a massive one, this stops me from wanting to party because I can't stand to see someone else getting more points than me for doing the exact same thing. (or less in some cases)

There are things like being able to solo monsters and more currency than anyone knows what to do with but these don't make the game any less time sinky or soul destroying imo.

Leves are also soul destroying because they further impact the feeling that you are grinding in a neverending cycle of do the same.

This game lacks vareity and the reason is because its not finished.

I think many people have a kind of stockholme syndrome when it comes to 11, if its not kicking you in the face repeatedly its not considered fun or a challenge. Some of you need to get that out of your head, games are supposed to be fun, not an extention of your workday.

This games never guna have XP/SP loss on death they said this from the very beginning time to get over it.
FFXI took over a year for it to become soul-crushing enough to quit. FFXIV managed to reach that point in roughly a month. This game is literally a job. You clock in at the Adventurer's Guild, you do your 8 hours--err, leves, and then you clock out.

jiggle

random sp is so mind bogglingly stupid
especially when there's already a sp system that make sense
but only when you play on DoH and DoL

it does create a false image of how easy it is to progress in the beginning though
maybe that's partly why they used it

Feep said:
This must be devastating for the people who worked on this game for so many years. To see people flee in mass exodus within 60 days...it's cringeworthy.

i would feel sorry for them if they didn't make a game that kicks me in the nuts at every turn

cept the graphics ppl
cuz they're <3
every once in a while i'll still freeze and stare at how good the character models and environments look
and the higher end gears that are being made now are very lovely
all the CSs are nice too

jiggle said:
would feel sorry for them if they didn't make a game that kicks me in the nuts at every turn
Don't blame the people that worked on the game for years, blame the execs and marketing people who decided to rush the game's release, getting it out 3 months early to beat Cataclysm.

jiggle said:
random sp is so mind bogglingly stupid
especially when there's already a sp system that make sense
but only when you play on DoH and DoL

it does create a false image of how easy it is to progress in the beginning though
maybe that's partly why they used it

i would feel sorry for them if they didn't make a game that kicks me in the nuts at every turn

cept the graphics ppl
cuz they're <3
every once in a while i'll still freeze and stare at how good the character models and environments look
and the higher end gears that are being made now are very lovely
all the CSs are nice too

Graphics and music are both ace, I'll give them that.

jiggle

Dreamwriter said:
Don't blame the people that worked on the game for years, blame the execs and marketing people who decided to rush the game's release, getting it out 3 months early to beat Cataclysm.

but the most egregious problems are independent of release dates
the things you see ppl complaining the most about
simply comes down to bad designs
broken sp system and no ah being the most heinous
game may be rushed out 3 months + early
but 3 months after release, they are still going to stick with improving the (forever shitty) market wards

Dreamwriter said:

keiji inafune begs to differ.

well, he says both are to blame. the execs have no vision and the employees aren't motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom