• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrv

Excess skill points resulting from version update changes are retained and applied towards the next rank.
This means I might be rank 50 already! :D
The rank range that allows for bonus skill and experience point within a party has been expanded from ±5 to +5/-10.
YES

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Azzurri said:
So all the extra SP we have are put to the the next levels, nice.
Good thing I didn't rank to 50, lol. Pretty much all of my classes should be higher once I log on since a lot of them are at the brink. Heck, once I log on my MRD will be 42 and I can use the bardiche+1 I have saved in my bazaar.

EDIT

An issue where the lancer ability Fleet of Foot would remain active while in passive mode.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! :lol

Teknoman

Londa said:
ok I can see that. Their creepy... one looks like it has horns. :lol

Wait till you see their animations. I'm sure they'll be creepy considering how many legs they have. The horned one is probably the most difficult variation. Then again it could be one that just has higher attack stats...purple has a bigger stinger.

The rank range that allows for bonus skill and experience point within a party has been expanded from ±5 to +5/-10.

So then if I was rank 20, I could form a party with someone rank 10 and we'd still get bonus? Or does it depend on the leader of the party?

EDIT: Glad to see S-E continuing with its sense of humor. Looking forward to having real parties with people, both LS and randoms.

Jinko

Yea thats slightly confusing.

Say for example you have a party with 10, 15 and 20

level 10 would get the bonus from level 15, 15 would get bonus from 10 and 20 and 20 would get bonus from 15.

So it seem its favourable to be in the middle, unless I missed something.

Edit:- wait 20 would get bonus from 10 and 15 aswell.

So the lower you are the worse off you are in a party lol, I guess it makes sense, you can't really powerlevel someone this way.

Canti

Jinko said:

level 10 would get the bonus from level 15, 15 would get bonus from 10 and 20 and 20 would get bonus from 15.

Rank 20 will get the 3 person party bonus too:

Ex. In a party of three players, ranks 10, 15, and 20, the rank 10 player receives bonuses equivalent to that of a two-person party, as only one of the other players is within the rank range. From the perspectives of the rank 15 and 20 players, however, both of the other two party members fall within the rank range. They will therefore both receive bonuses equivalent to a three-person party.
:)

edit: Damn your edit, my post is now useless :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jinko said:

the rank 20 would get a bonus from both the 15 and the 10.

Basically, Adding lower rank party members is now easier for a higher rank person. This way, a low rank person can't just join a high rank party and mooch.

Also, the higher ranks are free to invite lower ranks as they wish, but they're only gimping the overall effectiveness of the party.

Teknoman

The influence of the VIT attribute on HP and the MND attribute on MP has been adjusted.
The attack range of conjurers and thaumaturges has been adjusted.
The parry rate for Marauder's Arms has been increased.
A bonus to accuracy has been granted to Archer's Arms based on distance to the target.

I wonder if this means we'll finally spread out when we fight :lol

EDIT: I guess it's still best to have a 5 level difference between party members. 15-20 and so on.

Teknoman

Yes!

Enemy populations in all areas have been increased and reorganized.

If that means what I think it means, awesome! Great news for parties and soloers.

Jinko said:

Edit:- wait 20 would get bonus from 10 and 15 aswell.

So the lower you are the worse off you are in a party lol, I guess it makes sense, you can't really powerlevel someone this way.

Actually, what this means is that higher level people will have an incentive to let lower level people in their parties now. It was bullshit before since as a r39 archer the high level 45+ assholes were always telling me I was too low for their parties killing the raptors.

Jinko

Unknown Soldier said:
Actually, what this means is that higher level people will have an incentive to let lower level people in their parties now. It was bullshit before since as a r39 archer the high level 40+ assholes were always telling me I was too low for their parties killing the raptors.

I guess, but you also get the least XP so the gap will become larger the more you party together.

Its not such a bad things and obviously your situation was unique because there were so few to party with, hopefully a lot of people come back.

I'm curious what effect the SP changes make to the viability of soloing past 20. (possibly to cap)

Teknoman

Now since we'll be able to form balanced normal parties...I hope the community doesnt fall into only attacking one type of monster for the majority of the game :lol

The Battle Regimen toggle can no longer be reached by pressing the directional arrows on the keyboard or left/right on a controller's D-pad.

Thats pretty nice, they really are listening. Then again, I guess they are making it harder to turn on since regimens still need fixing.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Teknoman said:
Now since we'll be able to form balanced normal parties...I hope the community doesnt fall into only attacking one type of monster for the majority of the game :lol

The Battle Regimen toggle can no longer be reached by pressing the directional arrows on the keyboard or left/right on a controller's D-pad.

Thats pretty nice, they really are listening. Then again, I guess they are making it harder to turn on since regimens still need fixing.

I still don't even understand what Battle Regimen does.

Teknoman

RurouniZel said:

Its supposed to be some sort of...combo attack system that ends with extra damage, a flashy effect, and a debuff on the enemy/ buff on party members.

So far, its busted because the system thinks some people are participating, when they are. That and some of the combination that are supposed to work...dont. I'd just wait for the rehauling of it, especially after seeing S-E has finally seen the light. Too bad they didnt add any new Battle or Faction leves. Then again, I guess thats for the Miracle patch 2 in December (content patch).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
It already did that pre-patch with efts and raptors. If anything, this will make favorable mobs more varied.

RurouniZel said:
This is what it does - "nothing". lol I hope they fix that shit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Teknoman said:
Its supposed to be some sort of...combo attack system that ends with extra damage, a flashy effect, and a debuff on the enemy/ buff on party members.

So far, its busted because the system thinks some people are participating, when they are. That and some of the combination that are supposed to work...dont. I'd just wait for the rehauling of it, especially after seeing S-E has finally seen the light. Too bad they didnt add any new Battle or Faction leves. Then again, I guess thats for the Miracle patch 2 in December (content patch).

Ah okay. Whenever I did it my character would freeze up and do nothing. So frustrating! Glad they're fixing it so I can't accidentally scroll over to it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jinko said:
You'd think, guess everyone and their granny will be a MRD soon enough.
MRD isn't as overpowered as you guys seem to think it is. They don't have the defense of gladiators, and they don't have the offense or TP generation of pugilists and lancers.

What makes them good is that they can do both offense and defense fairly effectively, which is why I chose them in the beginning.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Holy hell.. looks like armorer tools got gimped and more synths take crystals instead of shards :S ryo not gonna be happy.

I am though since copper and bronze nuggets take shards instead of crystals now :S. Also the Iron round knife has been fixed. :D

Teknoman

Rentahamster said:
MRD isn't as overpowered as you guys seem to think it is. They don't have the defense of gladiators, and they don't have the offense or TP generation of pugilists and lancers.

What makes them good is that they can do both offense and defense fairly effectively, which is why I chose them in the beginning.

Speaking of which, I guess I should go ahead and do 10 ranks or so on Marauder, so my combat jobs dont have such a wide gap. I'll be needing defender soon enough.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wait a sec. so they added a few new mob types, but no mention of NMs? I could have sworn that at least a few NMs would be in the November patch, or was I mistaken?

jsrv

Rentahamster said:
Wait a sec. so they added a few new mob types, but no mention of NMs? I could have sworn that at least a few NMs would be in the November patch, or was I mistaken?
All NM's are in december patch only
I'm surprised they added new monsters at all though, don't remember them saying they were adding them for nov patch

Teknoman

jsrv said:
All NM's are in december patch only
I'm surprised they added new monsters at all though, don't remember them saying they were adding them for nov patch

They didnt, the first appearance of the diremites were in the latest famitsu site updates, which was just yesterday...kinda makes you wonder what the new synth recipes are.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
They didnt, the first appearance of the diremites were in the latest famitsu site updates, which was just yesterday...kinda makes you wonder what the new synth recipes are.
Hopefully it's a rank 48 axe that's made by blacksmith and not fucking goldsmith :lol

Teknoman

I dunno what those drawing settings were in graphics, but I just put both on highest. I'm guessing thats what they defaulted to prior to the patch? Then again I noticed the buffer setting is missing.

EDIT: Maybe new synth recipes for Diremite drops?

jsrv

Teknoman said:
WTB R40+ 2-H THM Staves :\

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The influence of the VIT attribute on HP and the MND attribute on MP has been adjusted.

Hopefully this means that reduced HP on ranking up has been fixed. It would probably mean the formula is adjusted so that you have more HP overall as a side effect.

Also, thank god on being able to target party members by clicking their name now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oooh one more thing -
The following changes have been made to enemy territories.*
* A territory is the area where an enemy spawns and roams while not engaged.
Enemy territories have been expanded.
A log message appears when an enemy returns to its territory.
Enemies that return to their territory will not recover HP for a certain period of time.
Hopefully this means I can lead mobs into caves and MPK those fucking RMT bots.

Nakazato

boo for slow patches. YAY for UPDATES !!!

btw Tek send me and SOD invite on steam as soon as we get transfers im moving over :) FFXI_Isamu

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What's up with this screenshot?

256.jpg

Does that mean some of the new recipes are colored undies?

Rentahamster said:
Hopefully it's a rank 48 axe that's made by blacksmith and not fucking goldsmith :lol

They need to have an axe which is only made by a class not yet in the game, Hellgate London style. :lol

Rentahamster said:
Oooh one more thing -

Hopefully this means I can lead mobs into caves and MPK those fucking RMT bots.

I'm assuming Enemy Territories Expanded is to cut back on the leashing issue which made it so damn hard to fight a mob without it running back and regenning all the time.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Steel! :D Finally passed iron! Now i need bomb ash D:

And tin is actually used for something now lol

Iron nuggets use 1 fire crystal now (for ore and limonite) :D OMG so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom