• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

LOL sort has now created a different problem, one where you don't know what the hell you are picking up from mobs.

So you sort to find the items you DO want and unsort for the items you DON'T want.

Solo SP isn't bad, not tried partying yet, still can't tell what item is broken from just looking at the inventory. (can't be hard to add the repair icon to the items info panal)

Hell a red or yellow dot next to the item name, or change the font colour to yellow or red.

Anything could work !

Edi:- Wow leves give awesome XP now.

Canti

I'm having the treacle running now too, I've had to reduce my settings since the patch :s

edit: I've had 2 random crashes too.

Jinko

The tab settings for the chat log are a bit crappy, you can't add tabs to the exsisting window and have to create a second window. (not a problem for me as I play in 1080p)

I have done so naming it Linkshell, but there is no way to filter out NPC chat so you get 2 lots of npc chat. :S

Seems /tells show up in the linkshell tab aswell even though i filtered them to hide.

linkshell.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wow, lots of people complaining about SP gain in this patch. :lol

It's fine, more or less. I think they're complaining a tad bit prematurely.

XTERC

Um... 600EXP on a level 5 Archer when I was getting 0 to 5 before, and ~250 SP every fight. I have a level 18CON so it was affecting my EXP before, but 600EXP seems excessive.

Anyway, shouldn't complain really...

Jinko

Rentahamster said:

I think so too, people forget that if you are in a group you are killing things many times faster, so the XP works out similar.

Went from 18-19 in an hour solo, does seem a bit fast but perhaps SE want that.

XTERC

Leveling with a 8THM with Shield against Star Marmots I'm getting Identical SP on both THM and GLD (179SP) at the end of every fight, that seems a little excessive too. I'm not sure if in later levels the two jobs SP will deviate, but I'm basically leveling two jobs at the same time.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=4fae13fe01ec80eb4fc219ee8417c71d85d48b94

Several additions and corrections have been made to the "Comprehensive Version Update Details" Topics post.

Additions:
- The following adjustments have been made to levequest rewards.
- A greater variety of gil amounts are now awarded upon levequest completion.
* Rewards for high-rank levequests have been reduced slightly, while awards for lower-rank levequests have been significantly increased.
- The item rewards for several select levequests have been adjusted.
- The amount of items that certain synthesis recipes yield has been increased.
- Duration of access to crafting facilities has been increased from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
- The maximum Wear value for certain equipment has been adjusted.
Used items undergoing this change will not have their current Wear values reset by the version update.
- The default camera angle has been adjusted.

Correction:
The game camera may remain fixed on a defeated enemy even when the auto-targeting feature targets another remaining enemy. Should this problem arise, deselect the current target and manually select your next target.

* Please refer to the following for more details.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=159e4a58b58fd0214620ec8d64ddd138d5ab599e

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

AWESOME

Jinko

XTERC said:
Leveling with a 8THM with Shield against Star Marmots I'm getting Identical SP on both THM and GLD (179SP) at the end of every fight, that seems a little excessive too. I'm not sure if in later levels the two jobs SP will deviate, but I'm basically leveling two jobs at the same time.

Huh that doesn't make sense...

Are you sure you don't just mean shield skills, GLA is sword not shield.

Salaadin

Being told what items are damaged when you equip them is a step in the right direction. We still need a menu icon though or some kind of marking next to the name.

EDIT: Just got 49 earth shards and 752 ARM guild marks from a rank 15 leve. I though guild marks were 20+

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have to admit I wasn't very optimistic about this patch, but they did an amazing job with it. Fix after fix, most importantly the UI is now way more responsive and the SP gain of course.

I might actually enjoy playing now. Looking over all these fixes it seems they were actually listening to the players.

Salaadin said:
Being told what items are damaged when you equip them is a step in the right direction. We still need a menu icon though or some kind of marking next to the name.

EDIT: Just got 49 earth shards and 752 ARM guild marks from a rank 15 leve. I though guild marks were 20+

They lowered the rank required to get guild marks.

xelios

I knew I'd be brought back down to Earth. Trading with the retainer and vendoring still make me want to stab myself in the face, as does the pop in of PCs/NPCs. =p

xelios said:
I knew I'd be brought back down to Earth. Trading with the retainer and vendoring still make me want to stab myself in the face, as does the pop in of PCs/NPCs. =p
While it still takes like 2 or 3 clicks too many to vendor stuff, it's still less clicks than before. And with no lag, it's very very fast compared to before the patch.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Londa said:
loving all the changes. However I can't figure out how to tab over to different tabs in the inventory screen with my controller.

I too am having difficulty figuring this out. Perhaps its an oversight.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sooo, from the time patch hit until right now, I've gained 26,000 SP on my rank 42 Marauder. I haven't even been trying. I've been ranking up other classes in the meantime and been AFK for a lot of the time as well.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Idea -

So for those of you crafters out there who don't do your battle leves anyway...

It would be very useful to us battle classes if you could take some leves, then come along with us and leve-link for lots of SP. :D

Ravidrath

Are the different-colored underwear recipes in?

Also, is there any indication that crafting leves will start giving crystals instead of shards? Those are much more the limiting reagent for my crafting now than shards.

Teknoman

Rentahamster said:
Lets also test out Battle Regimes again for the umpteenth time to see if they work yet.

Alot of people are reporting that they go off 100% of the time now.

Really need a lodestone ask the devs post on the new exp system though. They seem to have everything running somewhat nicely except non-leve party battle exp.

Rentahamster said:
Wow, lots of people complaining about SP gain in this patch. :lol

Everything about the SP gain in the patch is completely fucked up right now.

The group SP bonus seems to be completely broken. You can test this yourself. Get 4-5 people and go out and find a Sphene Doblyn. First, kill it with 5 people in the party. Most people get 60-100 SP depending on their level. Then remove 1 person, kill it with 4 in the party. Same SP. Then kill it with 3 in the party. Same SP. Then duo it. Same SP. Then solo it. Same SP!! Right now, no matter whether you are soloing or killing the mob with 15 people in the party, the SP gain is always the same! :lol

Most likely something got messed up when they transitioned all the servers to the new code and group SP bonus was not activated. There will probably be emergency maintenance soon to fix this bug.

Also, right now there doesn't seem to be any code which properly adjusts SP gain based on lower rank. It is currently possible for somebody who is rank 40+ to powerlevel another person's low-ranking jobs. Simply have the 40+ guy invite the rank 1 guy in a party. Then the 40+ guy goes and solos Toadstools or something around Boulder Downs. The rank 1 guy gets 300+ SP per kill just by AFK auto-following the rank 40 guy. :lol This is most efficient if the high rank guy is already 50 and doesn't care about his own SP gain, then he just goes to Cassiopeia Hollow and kills the mobs there for zero SP but the rank 1 guy still gets a ton. :lol I haven't tested doing this with a rank 1 crafter or gatherer but it would be hilarious if you could exploit powerlevel a non-battle class this way. :lol Because SP gain occurs even if you are dead, the rank 1 guy can die and be lying on the ground and as long as the rank 40+ guy stays nearby the rank 1 guy still gets all the SP. :lol

Leves are hilariously broken right now for low-level characters soloing low-level leves too. If you've got a low-rank subjob, now is the time to do rank 10 leves with Guardian Aspect and get 800+ SP per mob solo! :lol

Teknoman

Agree with Unknown on the SP issue.

Mobile solo exp = awesome
Mobile solo leve exp = awesome
Mobile party leve exp = awesome
Mobile party exp = really watered down.

Really its like there is some bug that negates the SP party bonus. You should gain more SP in a party than solo no matter what, especially when tackling tougher enemies in a close ranged 4-6 person party.

Also dont forget to factor in guardian aspect when comparing leve to normal exp.

SP gain being steady is an excellent adjustment, but they need to take another look/emergency maintenance and balance out the solo/leve/party exp.

That being said, I think I need to go rank up Marauder :lol

I thought the SP Bonus for parties was only for when Leve-Linking. Outside of Leves, or even when Leve-Sharing, there would be no bonus at all. The bonus is the ability to kill the creatures more easily with more people.

Actually what Unknown was saying is that you can kill a mob with 14 friends (meaning a normal mob would be dead in seconds) and still get just as much exp as you would from soloing it. This is sort of broken. You could get a bunch of friends and just rip through mobs and get the same amount of exp as you would've if you had just run around and killed them solo. In other words you're looking at an increase of exp/hr by a whole order of magnitude with each party member you add.

Party exp bonus is supposed to work like this: You first take a cut to the exp the mob gives, because when a mob gets killed by multiple people it doesn't make sense to award the full amount of exp to everyone. Then there's a bonus added on to make it so that party play is advantageous. This works out in the end to be better than solo play because even though you're technically taking a cut to the exp per mob, you're able to kill much tougher mobs, or kill mobs much faster, and have a nice little bonus tacked on.

Teknoman

But shouldnt a higher rank monster give more SP than a lower rank monster? I think thats the main issue. I agree that party battles should = faster SP than solo, but the thing is, killing a green or blue ranked monster shouldnt give the same SP as the same monster thats ranked red.

Unless difficulty rankings are still busted.

Lionheart

Unknown Soldier said:
Everything about the SP gain in the patch is completely fucked up right now.

The group SP bonus seems to be completely broken. You can test this yourself. Get 4-5 people and go out and find a Sphene Doblyn. First, kill it with 5 people in the party. Most people get 60-100 SP depending on their level. Then remove 1 person, kill it with 4 in the party. Same SP. Then kill it with 3 in the party. Same SP. Then duo it. Same SP. Then solo it. Same SP!! Right now, no matter whether you are soloing or killing the mob with 15 people in the party, the SP gain is always the same! :lol

I haven't played the game yet since the patch and if the SP were exactly the same for all group sizes, it would be really awkward, but I don't feel like what you describe is proving that the group SP bonus is broken really.

I'd assume if you solo it, the enemy's relative strength to the party (you) is much higher than when you're duoing it, so you'd get more SP when soloing. However, the party bonus makes you receive more SP when duoing (apparently, in this case, making the SP just as high as when soloing it). Also, you'd kill it much faster when duoing it, so you can kill more of them in the same time.

Or do I not understand your point here?

Then again, as I said, I haven't played it yet since the patch, and I hear so many people complaining that something must be broken indeed. :p

DrDogg

So far, I'm not all that happy with the patch.

Negatives:

- I lost 150 MP and a decent amount of HP.
- SP system is broken. I *hate* soloing, and I don't like battle leves, but for now that's the best way to get SP.
- Party play is pretty much exactly the same as it was before (as my CON), meaning I hardly even have to pay attention, but now I get significantly less SP. :lol
- Selling items to an NPC is much more of a hassle now.
- New crafting sound effects are lackluster.
- Arbor Call (and the Miner version of this) have been adjusted and are not as good now.
- I have no way of determining what's new in my inventory (although I think the Dec patch will fix this).
- I don't like having to arrow over to see the durability of an item.
- The "chat-keyboard' is broken. You can't use shift+letter to start the chat. It has to be a single button press. And having it on-screen at all times makes the chat window take up a lot more room. This is problem for people like me who play on 720p.
- You can move the crafting and BOT/MIN windows when they appear, but they revert back to the original position the next time you craft, mine or harvest.

Positives:
- Crafting seems a bit faster.
- The gear tab makes it much easier to quickly change gear.

Undecided:
- Crafting support lasts an hour now. I guess this is good, but I kind of liked not having infinite crafting support. It seems like this change only helps grinders.
- I don't like the new tab system, but I'll get used to it I suppose.
- I wish the gear tab was above the attributes tab.

Teknoman

Another guy's finding from XIV core:

After a lot of running around, porting, and killing different con mobs in a 4 man party. I came up with some results.

Party rank range 32 - 35

Blue con mobs = 80 - 110 sp
Green con mobs = 120 - 160 sp
Yellow/Orange mobs = 190-230 sp

And to all of those saying the whole party gets static sp, you're wrong. You will get the same sp if you are all the same level, you will recieve small differences in sp, depending on your rank. You may get more or less depending on your rank. I was the lowest ranked member in our party and recieved 12 -24 more sp than the highest ranked member. and 4 - 7 more than the member only a level higher than me.

As far as dead members recieving sp, I can only assume its a bug, that's what happens when you don't have PTS.

My conclusion, solo or duo mobs, that die fast, and hopefully SE will fix this train wreck very soon.

Maybe we were messing with bugged monsters or something?

Oh and whats wrong with NPCing items now? I find its easier and faster. That and doesnt it list what you just obtained in chat log? The rest I cant comment on.

DrDogg

Yeah, that wasn't what we found last night. We got just about the same SP no matter what we fought. We traveled around quite a bit as well.

Even when we stayed in the mines, the strength of the mob didn't matter. We got the same SP for blue, green and red.

EDIT:

I feel like it takes more steps and more arrow buttons to sell something to an NPC. Perhaps this is because I use a controller, but I found it much easier to sell items before the patch. It's mainly an issue with how the cursor defaults when selling the items. I have to arrow multiple times to sell something, where as before it was only one or two arrows at most.

Teknoman

I'm on a 360 controller too, but then again I only gather and fight, so I really dont have to worry about what I do and dont NPC (most useful ore/stones and veggies/plants go to my retain, everything else I npc blindly :lol for now anyway).

I thought selling was a pain b/c it kept reverting back to the first item in my inventory, but that's only if you sell the last item in your inventory. So just do that one last, I like the new way to sell.

DrDogg said:
- I lost 150 MP and a decent amount of HP.
They had to rebalance the entire game, as they made it much easier. Something had to get nerfed.

DrDogg said:
- Selling items to an NPC is much more of a hassle now.
Yeah, don't get this at all (and I play entirely with controller, never touch mouse/keyboard). There's a lot less button/dpad presses, not more, especially since it remembers the cursor position for certain choices, like the Sell/Toggle Sort/Return menu. And the complete lack of lag helps SOOO much, you can quickly and easily sell a lot of things. It's not perfect, but if this were reverted to the way it was before the patch, I think I would have to quit the game, there was just no way to quickly sell 30 or 40 items.

DrDogg said:
- I have no way of determining what's new in my inventory (although I think the Dec patch will fix this).
Turn off auto-sort, and it'll reorganize everything the way they were before - by when you got the item. Then turn it back on when you need it. Kinda sucks you have to select an item to change the sorting, but oh well.

DrDogg said:
- I don't like having to arrow over to see the durability of an item.
They said this will be fixed in December

As for SP, I've gotten different amounts by different colored creatures - I was killing really wimpy things, got like 52SP for blue, 70SP for green.

Atrus

Gold Member
The SP system seems worse than it was. The first thing I did yesterday was PT in order to test it out.

Sure it's good for people within the levels they changed the rank-up sp for, but for everyone whose major complaint was the curve, they've simply added to it by decreasing the max SP gain.

Since you can still only gank 1 mob, you'd need to start to gank a ton of other, lower leveled, mobs in order to reach the same SP you used to while factoring in travel time between mobs.

In theory this set-up would have created magicburns if it were possible for simultaneous killing but there isn't. In a hilarious turn of events, anyone intending on healing has even less to do now in a party because lower leveled mobs won't do squat against PT's that were previously killing things 10+ levels higher than them.

This then follows for aggro management and melee since now you just TP burn mobs asap. Essentially, mindless and uninteresting party mechanics just got worse because now you can throw in an SP handicap.

There are improvements to soloing to be sure but there's still no interest in partying or grouping, and the issue of content or a point to the game, is still lacking.

Overall a good patch for eliminating the lag that had crippled the game, but the game is still significantly deficient.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yeah, the party SP calculations are out of whack at the moment. Parties should be rewarded for fighting harder mobs because of the higher risk.

Right now, it's much more profitable to just mass murder easy mobs. That should be a somewhat viable strategy, if a party should choose to take that route, but the rewards must be balanced to reflect its relative low-risk nature and easier nature.

bardia

DrDogg said:
- Crafting support lasts an hour now. I guess this is good, but I kind of liked not having infinite crafting support. It seems like this change only helps grinders.

Wait what? This is a joke right? Looks like you're trying to find anything to nitpick :lol

Personally I think its amazing, as a lvl 43 bsm nothing ticks me off more then having to keep getting up to get support when im grinding or synthing weapons/tools etc.

DrDogg

Dreamwriter said:
They had to rebalance the entire game, as they made it much easier. Something had to get nerfed.

Soloing got easier. As I stated, I *hate* soloing. It also doesn't make the fact that I lost MP any easier to accept. In a game where your ability to regain MP is limited, losing 150 when you only have 900 is a big deal. The same can be said for HP, since I'm a squishy mage.

Dreamwriter said:
Yeah, don't get this at all (and I play entirely with controller, never touch mouse/keyboard). There's a lot less button/dpad presses, not more, especially since it remembers the cursor position for certain choices, like the Sell/Toggle Sort/Return menu. And the complete lack of lag helps SOOO much, you can quickly and easily sell a lot of things. It's not perfect, but if this were reverted to the way it was before the patch, I think I would have to quit the game, there was just no way to quickly sell 30 or 40 items.

I didn't play the game at all today (just wasn't motivated to), so I can't give you an exact walkthrough of the selling process. But I can assure you, it requires more controller inputs now than it did before. There's less lag, but I didn't have much lag before, and never complained about that. It also does not remember the position of the cursor on sell/toggle sort/return... unless I have to turn this option on.

Dreamwriter said:
Turn off auto-sort, and it'll reorganize everything the way they were before - by when you got the item. Then turn it back on when you need it. Kinda sucks you have to select an item to change the sorting, but oh well.

Yeah... extra steps. See above for my take on that... -_-

Dreamwriter said:
As for SP, I've gotten different amounts by different colored creatures - I was killing really wimpy things, got like 52SP for blue, 70SP for green.

I'm only referring to party play. I tested this extensively in a party. Tek can back up my claims.

demosthenes said:
I thought selling was a pain b/c it kept reverting back to the first item in my inventory, but that's only if you sell the last item in your inventory. So just do that one last, I like the new way to sell.

I haven't had this happen yet, so I don't know if I'd find that annoying or not. :lol

bardia said:
Wait what? This is a joke right? Looks like you're trying to find anything to nitpick :lol

Personally I think its amazing, as a lvl 43 bsm nothing ticks me off more then having to keep getting up to get support when im grinding or synthing weapons/tools etc.

First off...

DrDogg said:
Undecided:

Secondly, it was in my undecided category. It's not like I listed it as a negative.

That said, I think grinding crafting classes is incredibly boring (even more boring than grinding combat classes). So I generally craft at least 2-3 classes every time I play. I found it challenging to have to manage the time I had support, with the monetary value of said support. Granted, it wasn't a significant challenge, but it was more challenging than it is now.

I'm not a fan of this WoW-like cake walk we have now. Sorry to bring WoW up, but it's the main reason I didn't like that game and my primary complaint when it comes to this one. I want a challenge. Easy = Boring and this game is ridiculously boring right now.

Also, I'm not nitpicking. If I want to nitpick, I'll talk about what I don't like in FFXI. This game is shit, anyway you want to look at it. A few people are having fun with it, while the rest of us have either quit, or are waiting until SE gets all the fixes into the game. But to say I'm nitpicking with the game in it's current form is a bold statement...

Atrus

Gold Member
I also found a few things of interest today:

1) +1 and +2 items still come from mining points.
2) Chests now give items? I've only noticed gil, cluster, and maybe morraines out of the tons of chests pre-patch. This time around Brass Elmo, Moldy Jester cap and Ripped Haubergeon popped from them.
3) Diremites drop web item.
4) Crafting is apparently easier overall in terms of difficulty.
5) local leves can now give crystals.
6) Overheard on the ls that repairing items now has a chance to give items in addition to payment, but I haven't confirmed this myself. Something about a message stating that you salvage the repair mat.

DrDogg said:
Soloing got easier. As I stated, I *hate* soloing. It also doesn't make the fact that I lost MP any easier to accept. In a game where your ability to regain MP is limited, losing 150 when you only have 900 is a big deal. The same can be said for HP, since I'm a squishy mage.
Partying got easier too. You get a TON of SP in every Leve, especially with the party bonus for Leve-Linking. And there's less hate on healing, a lot of spells and skills are more effective, Shock-Spikes can be crazy. All of this helps parties, not just soloers.

Really, I find it strange you are saying the game is getting too easy, yet you complain when they make MP management more challenging (you know there are various spells designed to get MP back, right?).

DrDogg said:
I didn't play the game at all today (just wasn't motivated to), so I can't give you an exact walkthrough of the selling process. But I can assure you, it requires more controller inputs now than it did before. There's less lag, but I didn't have much lag before, and never complained about that. It also does not remember the position of the cursor on sell/toggle sort/return... unless I have to turn this option on.
Always remembers for me. Here are the steps required now, with no delay at any step, everything's instant:

Item is highlighted, press A
Sell is highlighted, press A
Amount is highlighted, press Down
Return is highlighted, press Left
Next item is highlighted, repeat steps
If you want to skip to another item, just press down or up to scroll through items until desired item is highlighted

Here are the steps it used to require

Wait one second for sell screen to appear
Arrow is next to Amount, press down
Return is highlighted, but next item hasn't appeared yet
Wait 3 seconds for next item to appear
Next item appears, repeat steps (except first one)
If you want to skip to another item, press Return, wait another 3 seconds for item list to appear, then press down to up to scroll through items until desired item is highlighted

xelios

Dreamwriter said:
If you want to skip to another item, just press down or up to scroll through items until desired item is highlighted

Better, but still too many steps just to vendor. Maybe with time they'll put in a shift + click or something for instant sell. There was still some lag when moving from one item to the next, though not as bad.

Also, I hope the vendor buying price for items in my inventory will eventually show all the time. Would help in knowing the minimum to list something for at the retainer/bazaar.

The other thing that still really jumps out at me is running past a spot in Ul'dah, turning around, and 10 seconds later the 30 characters there pop up out of nowhere. Pretty sure it's not my PC.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Atrus said:
6) Overheard on the ls that repairing items now has a chance to give items in addition to payment, but I haven't confirmed this myself. Something about a message stating that you salvage the repair mat.
You always had a chance before of repairing an item and not using up the repair material. The only thing that changed is, now, you get a helpful message telling you what happened.

DrDogg

Dreamwriter said:
Partying got easier too. You get a TON of SP in every Leve, especially with the party bonus for Leve-Linking. And there's less hate on healing, a lot of spells and skills are more effective, Shock-Spikes can be crazy. All of this helps parties, not just soloers.

Really, I find it strange you are saying the game is getting too easy, yet you complain when they make MP management more challenging (you know there are various spells designed to get MP back, right?).

I don't want easy, and I'm not a fan of the leve system. I find leves to be extremely boring. I'd much rather have a normal SP/XP party.

I don't want less hate on healing. I rarely got aggro before the patch, now I can pretty much do what I want and not get aggro. What's the point?

I do agree that I should be happy with the MP deduction. But since I was able to dictate how much MP I had (by putting points in MND), I felt like that was the challenge. Now, even with max MND, I feel as though I have too little MP (although I haven't experimented enough in parties to know for sure).

Also, the MP-restoring spells are useless aside from the 10-minute ability that regains about half your MP.

Dreamwriter said:
Always remembers for me. Here are the steps required now, with no delay at any step, everything's instant:

Wait one second for sell screen to appear
Arrow is next to Amount, press down
Return is highlighted, but next item hasn't appeared yet
Wait 3 seconds for next item to appear
Next item appears, repeat steps (except first one)
If you want to skip to another item, press Return, wait another 3 seconds for item list to appear, then press down to up to scroll through items until desired item is highlighted

What you described consists of 5 steps each. The lag didn't effect me at all, so it's not a concern. The difference is that mine doesn't default to sell. Every single time I want to sell something I have to scroll to sell, which takes an extra step and makes it 6 steps post-patch and 5 steps pre-patch.

Jinko

DrDogg said:
I don't want easy...

I don't want less ....

Cool, but you are one person, SE are "trying" to appeal to more people than just ex FF11 players.

They said from the get go that this wouldn't be anything like 11 and it isn't, they are trying their hardest to make the game appeal to both the hardcore and casual whilst balancing the gameplay for solo and team play at the same time. (thats no easy feat)

Take WoW for instance, you solo pretty much to cap and then basically all end game is team/party play, its not such a bad model to follow and maybe they have this in mind.

There is no end game content or any NM's so its a bit early to say this game is easy, im sure they have plenty of challenges planed.

Yea I lost 200 mp also, but still have no problem managing mp in a party, shell is totally screwed now though.

On another note:-

The patch notes did say they were changing the way protect and shell worked and from what I can gather the protection/absorption value is effected by the casters level.

So a rank 40 caster will have a much more powerful version of shell than a rank 10 caster. (should have just stuck with numbered spells)

Nakazato

ive played more ffxiv in the last 2 days than i have in the last month an a half :lol :lol

you got me SE keep these great updates up

DrDogg

Jinko said:
Cool, but you are one person, SE are "trying" to appeal to more people than just ex FF11 players.

They said from the get go that this wouldn't be anything like 11 and it isn't, they are trying their hardest to make the game appeal to both the hardcore and casual whilst balancing the gameplay for solo and team play at the same time. (thats no easy feat)

Take WoW for instance, you solo pretty much to cap and then basically all end game is team/party play, its not such a bad model to follow and maybe they have this in mind.

There is no end game content or any NM's so its a bit early to say this game is easy, im sure they have plenty of challenges planed.

I can accept that, but at least give me more to do than cast Cure. Right now, all I do in solo is spam Spirit Dart and Cure. In party play, all I do is spam Cure with the occasional buff and enfeeble.

Putting aside the fact that it's ridiculously easy, how is that considered fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom