• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Was kind of excited for the last patch, this time I find myself not caring.

Infact I am caring less and less about this game ever week, talk about a sinking ship.

DrDogg

Rentahamster said:
I would have to say that so far, the most challenging fights for me have been multiple mobs fights on leves (like "Save the Lettuce Save the World" for example), and raptor fights (in the tank role).

When tanking/pulling raptors, I would have to pay very very close attention to my skills and make sure that I used stuff like defender, stayed still for steadfast, used buffs to build hate, and taunted often enough to keep hate, but not so often that I'd blow all my taunts and have nothing to use in a pinch.

I hardly had time to get any hits in, but it was necessary to manage my stamina and generate as much hate as I could (SP-wise, I still did okay, as voke and taunt gave a decent amount of SP on proc). Note regarding stamina resource management - I still feel that as a gameplay mechanic, in its current form, it's more of a hassle rather than a challenge and provider of gameplay depth.

I would have a much easier time when playing DD against raptors, as all I had to do was respec to STR and DEX and then press 11111111111WS1111WS1111111WS all day long.

All the mages had to so as curecurecurecurecure (and make sure protect and shell were up) all day long too. Fairly simple.

Ideally, I'd want the difficulty to be spread as evenly as possible amongst party members, although that seems pretty tricky to implement.

Yeah, I'm ranking GLA now because I'm hoping it will offer a challenge that the DoM and the other DoW classes severely lack.

Unfortunately, in order to tank you need to party and there's no reason to party at the moment.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What I want to know is - whatever happened to the idea of player parties vs. mob parties?

Sure, mobs come in groups of 2s and 3s in leves now and then, but back when they were showing demos I seem to recall party vs party play one of the main points.

I would like to see more overworld mobs that spawn in parties, like the duo skeletons that spawn near Cedarwood at night.

I would like to have all mob links turn red and become claimed so that people can make use of their AoE moves more often. (Potential for abuse [astral burn, anyone?], so this will have to be tweaked carefullly).

I would like to have overworld mobs be able to call for help and have their buddies join in the battle. Make it so that they prepare to call for help near the end of their life, so the player has a slight influence on whether or not they want to allow enemy reinforcements (e.g. kill mob quickly to stop the call for help, or let the mob live long enough to call for help, and allow the player to AoE away for more SP and chain kills)

Bring back chains. Make chaining yellows, oranges, and reds add a bonus SP multiplier, and chaining blues and greens just keeps the combo active but does not add a multiplier.

Introduce the "Overkill" game mechanic from FF10.

jiggle

Jinko said:
Was kind of excited for the last patch, this time I find myself not caring.

Infact I am caring less and less about this game ever week, talk about a sinking ship.

i find myself on the same boat

getting harder to log in now, and finding myself staying on less

it's actually quite a disappointing update
for the first official content update
where are the contents?
NMs(most of which requires rank50)
and
Christmas event
that's it?

are they really THAT behind schedule?
are they saving stuffs for the first expansion?
are they savign stuffs for PS3 launch?

how are they going to stop ppl from canceling account with this...

edit: where the fuck are the airships and chocobos
they can't be that hard to implement

jiggle said:

Well, the game is free to play indefinitely, so what would be the point of canceling?

They found time to put reindeer antlers on the chocobos which stand around in the game, but not enough time to let us ride the yellow bastards. :lol

Teknoman

jiggle said:
i find myself on the same boat

getting harder to log in now, and finding myself staying on less

it's actually quite a disappointing update
for the first official content update
where are the contents?
NMs(most of which requires rank50)
and
Christmas event
that's it?

are they really THAT behind schedule?
are they saving stuffs for the first expansion?
are they savign stuffs for PS3 launch?

Dunno but id wait for all the notes first, thats just a very small partial list. We dont know that most of the NMs (aside from those factionleves) need rank 50s to beat, and it looks like they split the content...which i'm not sure if thats to further refine item search mechanics, or to implement even more content and fixes within the same month (two big updates in the same month is kinda a big deal for S-E).

I dont think we'll be seeing airships and chocobos at the mid updates, and im not sure what they are waiting on for chocobos...but airships would probably have to serve a different purpose than city to city transport, especially since we've got easy access to town warping.

I think they were supposed to have something to do with companies and company quests?

EDIT: Missed this one part from the giant list of updates pre-staff changes:

"The addition of item exchange quests"

So I guess that is confirmation of non-leve quest...quests. I really wish the first 2011 updates end up being stuck in the late december update. Everything else 2011 and more should be stuff resulting from the new staff.

As a refresher:
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=cb4dc09784bc24b4fde2e45de9f018ec5fb504d2

Stuff that was listed for 2011 a month or so ago:

Further adjustments to classes
Further adjustments to combat balance
The further differentiation of actions to enhance class identities
Adjustments to the effect of various parameters
Adjustments to enemy population and territory
The addition of notorious monsters (NMs)
The addition of new battle content
The addition of notorious monster-related battle content
The addition of hamlet defense battles
The addition of item exchange quests
The addition of graphic displays to better clarify the effective ranges of actions
The addition of countdown timers on status icons

The addition of an "/assist" text command

Changes to main menu display format
Changes to inventory list display format
Improvements to various user-interface layouts
Improvements to the Interactions menu
The addition of a help text window

The reorganization of on-screen information
The reformatting of existing widgets, allowing for access of multiple windows at the same time
Improvements to Actions & Traits menu response time
Improvements to mouse and keyboard controls
Improvements to character controls
The addition of drag and drop functionality
The addition of mouseover popup help text
The addition of right-click menus

The addition of a feature that will allow the cutting and pasting of macro buttons from the macro palette

The addition of "companies" (player-run guilds)
The addition of company-owned ships
The addition of company-owned buildings

Improvements to existing linkshell features
The addition of an in-game/Lodestone mail feature
The addition of new search features

They really should find a way to implement some of these late December...especially since they probably have alot of this stuff already ready to go.

EDIT 2: Yup Airships = Company stuff

Once estbalished, companies will be able to work towards acquiring their own communal assets, such as buildings that can serve as headquarters, or ships that can be used to access multiplayer content. The system will provide concrete benefits to players who align themselves with a company, as well as motivate already established companies to seek out new recruits

Rentahamster said:
What I want to know is - whatever happened to the idea of player parties vs. mob parties?

Sure, mobs come in groups of 2s and 3s in leves now and then, but back when they were showing demos I seem to recall party vs party play one of the main points.
But, it is a main point - mobs don't come in 2's and 3's in leves "now and then", they come that way most of the time in Leves when you play high enough difficulties, and sometimes in larger groups. Remember, the game is designed around Leves, so in Square's eyes putting it in most Leves *is* making it one of the main points of the game.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dreamwriter said:
But, it is a main point - mobs don't come in 2's and 3's in leves "now and then", they come that way most of the time in Leves when you play high enough difficulties, and sometimes in larger groups. Remember, the game is designed around Leves, so in Square's eyes putting it in most Leves *is* making it one of the main points of the game.
Yes, I already acknowledged the leves thing. I was mainly getting at mob parties in the overworld. There's only one that I know of that exists at the moment.

And they may as well implement multiple mob claims, since it's a real pain in the ass to stick to only one mob during behests.

This is something Squenix has been ignoring, but they NEED to improve LS management. Right now you can't even manage an LS member unless they are online and standing right next to you. How the hell do you remove inactive players from an LS if you need to get them to log on (i.e. be active) and stand next to you just so they can removed? :lol

Londa

Banned
Teknoman said:
Dunno but id wait for all the notes first, thats just a very small partial list. We dont know that most of the NMs (aside from those factionleves) need rank 50s to beat, and it looks like they split the content...which i'm not sure if thats to further refine item search mechanics, or to implement even more content and fixes within the same month (two big updates in the same month is kinda a big deal for S-E).

I dont think we'll be seeing airships and chocobos at the mid updates, and im not sure what they are waiting on for chocobos...but airships would probably have to serve a different purpose than city to city transport, especially since we've got easy access to town warping.

I think they were supposed to have something to do with companies and company quests?

EDIT: Missed this one part from the giant list of updates pre-staff changes:

"The addition of item exchange quests"

So I guess that is confirmation of non-leve quest...quests. I really wish the first 2011 updates end up being stuck in the late december update. Everything else 2011 and more should be stuff resulting from the new staff.

that is what I was looking for. I couldn't find it on the lodestone anywhere. So strange.

We can only hope that this means quest like in FFXI.

I really miss quest with interesting story like the star onion series.

About company stuff...

I hope the company buildings can house all members with a room of their own that they can decorate to their liking. I would also like a company garden and craft center, along with a board kind of like in FFXII where you can view NM quest from NPCs. Would be really cool. The airships I would think, may take longer to get, I think at first companies will get an actual boat to use. Since in that video a bit back before the release of the game, they shows a boat and some of the actions you can do. Like lower a plank and board another boat. Kind of like sea battles.

Teknoman

Unknown Soldier said:
This is something Squenix has been ignoring, but they NEED to improve LS management. Right now you can't even manage an LS member unless they are online and standing right next to you. How the hell do you remove inactive players from an LS if you need to get them to log on (i.e. be active) and stand next to you just so they can removed? :lol

They have that listed too, well at least "improvements to Linkshell features", but not sure why they would have to wait to implement that.

Unknown Soldier said:

This is really annoying. The Linkshell and friends list features are so threadbare they are practically nonexistent. This should have been in the basic changes along with seeing map markers of party members and adding a gear menu.

Further, stuff like not being able to see jobs/races/location/nationality of LS members is one of the many things making the community so fricking terrible. There are no tools to help people communicate or get to know each other. I don't know who I'm talking to in LS unless I bump into them or look them up on Lodestone. Stupid.

Wish they'd list maintenance times in JST at least like they used to in FFXI. I know GMT makes more international sense, but my brain has never adjusted to zany Euro moon time.

TheFatOne

Dreamwriter said:
You should have messed with the settings, that's why your performance took a big hit. Square changed how the settings work in that patch, there are now two settings to set which make HUGE performance differences. If you have bad performance, you need to lower those (in the FFXIV Config program, not in-game settings).

It still doesn't even matter. I changed the settings all to low and the game still stutters and chugs. The only thing I can do now is change the resolution.

MomoPufflet said:
Wish they'd list maintenance times in JST at least like they used to in FFXI. I know GMT makes more international sense, but my brain has never adjusted to zany Euro moon time.
The Lodestone is using PST nowadays - Pacific Time, ie West US coast.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dreamwriter said:
The Lodestone is using PST nowadays - Pacific Time, ie West US coast.
I'm pretty sure it just detects the region settings on your computer and gives you either JST, PST, or GMT depending on where you are.

DrDogg

I'm also finding it more and more difficult to log in, and none of the 2010 updates are changing that.

NMs will be added. That's great, but if combat still offers zero challenge, then it won't matter. As a CON will I need to do anything other than spam Cure and buff before the fight? Probably not.

I'll give SE until the PS3 release. If combat is still boring as sin, I will be done with this game... no matter what other changes have been made.

Rentahamster said:
I'm pretty sure it just detects the region settings on your computer and gives you either JST, PST, or GMT depending on where you are.

I dunno, I just logged in and it still listed the Lodestone maint time in GMT (computer is on CST). It might be Windows XP shittiness on my work computer.

I'm not talking about the "Main Time", I'm talking about the notices, like the Maintenance notices. I'm pretty sure those aren't generated on the fly (especially as my "Main Time" is listed in Central Time, the Maintenance time is listed in Pacific, which is my actual time zone)

Teknoman

TheFatOne said:
It still doesn't even matter. I changed the settings all to low and the game still stutters and chugs. The only thing I can do now is change the resolution.

All I can say from that is to try a reinstall then...shouldnt be that much of a performance difference between updates.

As far as battle balance goes, all I can say is hold out hope for:

Further adjustments to classes
Further adjustments to combat balance
The further differentiation of actions to enhance class identities
Adjustments to the effect of various parameters

The addition of graphic displays to better clarify the effective ranges of actions

I know Conjurer can be customized to how you want to play (whm, blm, or a mix of the two), but personally if I was a conjurer, i'd try to mix healing and nuking during fights. Maybe throw up an aoe buff during longer fights in the future.

Teknoman

Mid December update Miracle patch 2 full notes:

Quests
Players can reselect their Path Companion at any point in the main scenario.
A selection prompt can be accessed by speaking to the Lalafell NPC Tataru in Ul'dah's Merchant Ward.

382_0.jpg

New guildleves have been added.

Battlecraft Leves (regional)
Faction Leves (regional)

New types of treasure chests that appear during levequests have been added.
A chest's type determines the quality of its contents.

382_1.jpg

New items have been added as possible regional levequest rewards.
The graphic effects representing regional levequest destinations have been adjusted to be more visible.

The following adjustments have been made to local guildleves.
Local guildleves can now be abandoned.
Players with the maximum of 8 guildleves wishing to undertake another may freely select the guildleve they wish to abandon.
* Abandoned guildleves are treated in the same manner as failed guildleves, and cannot be reacquired until the next reset.

Local guildleve clients are not displayed on the map.
The NPC Rowena, to whom Allagan runestones can be exchanged for gear, has set up shop in the Ul'dah Merchant Strip [5,4].

382_3.jpg

Notorious monsters have been added.

382_4.jpg

The strength and toughness of an NM will increase exponentially should they be engaged for longer than 30 minutes. This change is accompanied by a log message stating, "[NM] becomes enraged!"

READ: NM monsters have an overdrive mode.

New enemy types have been added.

382_5.jpg

The cactuar ability Thousand Needles now deals damage in proportion to the number of party members hit.

Enemy distribution has been adjusted near specific gathering points.

Dying two times in succession while under the effect of Weakened will temporarily prevent the activation of active mode.

Active mode may be used again once the player is no longer weakened.

An "Impossible to gauge" icon has been added to the icons representing an enemy's toughness.

382_6.jpg

New items have been added.

382_7.jpg

The class required to repair an item is now displayed on the item details screen.
The name of the item stat Wear has been changed to Condition.
The value of the Condition stat is now displayed in percent format.

382_8.jpg

Certain pieces of gear for Disciples of War and Magic below rank 20 can now be purchased.

These items are available at the following locations.
(Link at lodestone)

New synthesis recipes have been added.
Certain synthesis recipes have been changed.

A Recipes option has been added to the synthesis interface.
This option displays the last 8 recipes a player has crafted, as well as the last 8 recipes learned via levequests. Selecting a recipe will automatically prepare the required materials.

* When a player possesses varying qualities of a single material, the lowest quality item will be used first.
Repair materials are now automatically prepared when an item is selected for repairs.
* When a player possesses varying qualities of a single material, the lowest quality item will be used first.
The loot dropped by the following enemies has been changed.
Miteling, Molting Miteling, Diremite, Dwarf Diremite, Banemite, Dwarf Banemite, Needletail, Widowmaker

382_9.jpg

System

Players may now employ up to two retainers simultaneously.
* Each PC on an account is now alloted two free retainers rather than one.
* Players may be unable to employ new retainers in-game during periods of heavy congestion. Should this happen, please try again later.
The response time of the retainer exchange interface has been improved.

The naming and organization of market locations has undergone the following changes.

The naming and organization of market locations has undergone the following changes.

Tinkerers Ward Sundries, Beastcoins

Battlecraft Ward Gladiator's Arms, Pugilist's Arms, Marauder's Arms, Lancer's Arms, Archer's Arms, Shields, Arrows, Throwing Blades, Throwing Stones, Throwing Circles, Throwing Axes, Throwing Spears
Spellcraft Ward Conjurer's Arms, Two-Handed Conjurer's Arms, Thaumaturge's Arms, Two-Handed Thaumaturge's Arms

Fieldcraft Ward Carpenter's Primary Tools, Carpenter's Secondary Tools, Blacksmith's Primary Tools, Blacksmith's Secondary Tools, Armorer's Primary Tools, Armorer's Secondary, Tools, Goldsmith's Primary Tools, Goldsmith's Secondary Tools, Leatherworker's Primary Tools, Leatherworker's Secondary Tools, Weaver's Primary Tools, Weaver's Secondary Tools, Alchemist's Primary Tools, Alchemist's Secondary Tools, Culinarian's Primary Tools, Culinarian's Secondary Tools

Tradescraft Ward Miner's Primary Tools, Miner's Secondary Tools, Botanist's Primary Tools, Botanist's Secondary Tools, Fisher's Primary Tools, Fisher's Secondary Tools

Armorfitters Ward Helms, Full Plate, War Garb, Gauntlets, Greaves

Lower Tailors Ward1 Hats, Headwear, Masks, Undershirts, Attire, Hooded Attire, Undergarments, Pants, Gloves, Armbands, Shoes, Sandals, Belts, Sashes

Middle Tailors Ward2 Hats, Headwear, Masks, Undershirts, Attire, Hooded Attire, Undergarments, Pants, Gloves, Armbands, Shoes, Sandals, Belts, Sashes

Upper Tailors Ward3 Hats, Headwear, Masks, Undershirts, Attire, Hooded Attire, Undergarments, Pants, Gloves, Armbands, Shoes, Sandals, Belts, Sashes

Jewelers Ward Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets, Rings, Crowns, Eyewear

Grocers Ward Meat Dishes, Egg Dishes, Grain Dishes, Vegetable Dishes, Mushroom Dishes, Sweets, Drinks, Seafood Dishes, Soups & Stews, Eggs, Dairy Products, Vegetables, Grains, Spices, Fruits, Mushrooms, Seasonings, Foodstuffs, Freshwater Fare, Saltwater Fare, Meats

Chirurgeons Ward Potions, Remedies, Ethers, Toxins, Panaceas, Reagents, Dyes, Paints, Oils

Ironmongers Ward Metals, Unrefined Metals, Metal Sheets, Metal Wires, Weapon Parts, Weapon Heads, Weapon Butts, Weapon Grips, Arrowheads, Shafts, Hooks, Chainmail
Meshes, Armor Metals, Clasps

Woodcutters Ward Raw Wood, Lumber, Planks

Tanners Ward Hides, Leathers, Furs, Armor Hides, Armor Leathers, Footwear
Parts,Bones, Teeth & Claws, Wings, Armor4

Masons Ward Ores, Stones, Gemstones

Clothiers Ward Fibers, Cloth, Hooded Attire Cloth, Cloth Bodies, Smallclothes Cloth,

Cloth Sleeves, Front Cloth, Back Cloth, Armor Cloth, Feathers, Fletchings, Armor Parts

Crystaliers Ward Crystals

Menders Ward -

The Condition stat of items is now displayed on the primary item detail screen.
Item icons now change in both the inventory list and Gear screen when items become damaged.

Using the Seek Repairs option now toggles a specific icon next to the player's display name.

382_10.jpg

* Players simultaneously seeking repairs and running a bazaar will have both icons displayed.
The position of the gathering and synthesis interfaces has been changed.
The area of effect widget for spells can now be moved freely about the screen.
* New positions will automatically be saved.
Status effects are now displayed with a timer indicating their remaining duration.
The number of characters allowed in the chat prompt has been increased.
Ctrl+T can be used to bring up a /tell prompt addressed to the last person to whom a /tell was sent.
This command can be repeated to scroll through the last 20 such players.

Bug Fixes

An issue wherein the help text for the conjurer ability Fastcast erroneously described the increase in cast speed as 10% has been addressed.
* The correct increase is 20%.

An issue wherein the thaumaturge ability Firm Conviction would take effect when not being cast has been addressed.

An issue wherein an incorrect amount of HP was being absorbed when attacking with an HP absorb status in conjuction with a multi-attack action has been addressed.

An issue where the /tell chat mode could not be properly activated using the chat log button located above the text prompt has been addressed.
* Activating the /tell chat mode using this button will set the last recipient of a /tell as the default addressee.

An issue wherein the "/tell " text command was not functioning properly has been addressed.

An issue wherein the background music for certain levequests would not play has been addressed.

An issue wherein setting the following traits resulted in certain class-specific actions becoming available for use with other classes has been addressed.
Pugilist: Seasoned Veteran
Gladiator: Swordsmanship
Marauder: Axemanship
Lancer: Pikemanship
Archer: Bowmanship
Conjurer: One With Nature
Thaumaturge: Transcendence

An issue wherein controlling the game camera with the keyboard resulted in limited vertical mobility has been addressed.

Known Issues

After receiving access to synthesis facilities from certain NPCs, the status information is not displayed in the synthesis interface.

The motion and effects of area of effect attacks executed by enemies are not displayed when there are no valid targets within range.

Using the keyboard to execute a castable action while already in the process of executing another action causes the former's name to be displayed in the log.

* The resulting effect will be that of the original action.
Stackable items being sold in a retainer's bazaar may still appear in the bazaar list after they have been purchased.

* Removing the improperly displayed item from the bazaar may cause the game to crash.
The aetheryte situated in Camp Bentbranch may not display properly when Shadow Detail (located under General » Video Settings in FINAL FANTASY XIV Config) is set to either Lowest or Highest.

Whew!

Oh and:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/101216slkufwbuaem.html#ti02

Locations of the new items for sale. Looks like they placed 1 NPC shop in each equipment type ward? I dunno.

Now to see what they'll try to pack the late December Miracle patch 3 with.

bardia

Very happy with the update notes, fixes a bunch of crafting issues that I had, should make grinding to lvl 50 a lot quicker and easier now.

Jinko

The cactuar ability Thousand Needles now deals damage in proportion to the number of party members hit.

LOL about time ..

The value of the Condition stat is now displayed in percent format.

XD, the icon looks like my boots can now pick up wifi tho :lol

Repair materials are now automatically prepared when an item is selected for repairs.

Good news.

Cmagus

Time to make some christmas clothes.Update seems really good too really wish they would abandon Anima though kind of dampers the game abit having to run everywhere.too bad they couldn't make it at lvl 20 Anima stops or at least make teleporting to the main cities free.Ah Well they are on their way now.

Teknoman

MomoPufflet said:
382_7.jpg

Left costume better be sexy on lalas and not some dumbed down shits.

I know how S-E is, but im still hoping we get more items than what was shown. I know we just got some new sets from NMs and theres still the NM craft item drops/possible equip drops, and new recipes...but I just like loot :lol

EDIT: They probably want you to run around to some places, since there are caves and stuff around. Personally, im going to start making use of gate teleports.

Jinko said:
LOL about time ..

XD, the icon looks like my boots can now pick up wifi tho :lol

Good news.

My thoughts exactly. Also i'm glad that NMs have an overdrive mode. Im not as adamant about wanting a challenge as DrDogg, but this is a welcome addition...especially if they have some sort of animation that shows they are angry.

Also awesome that every NM version of a monster is much bigger, has different/extra appendages or a totally different color scheme.

jiggle

hope there are lots of new things to do from leves!
cuz looking at that list it looks like i'll be doing the same thing as i've been doing the last 3 months

i recall they said new jobs could be coming as early as the first content update too
but looking at what's actually there have me suspecting they are just gonna string us along until the game is fix and ready to be charged :/

MomoPufflet said:
382_7.jpg

Left costume better be sexy on lalas and not some dumbed down shits.

will it look sexy on my hyur highlander too

I hope the Christmas suit looks very kawaii on my kawaii catgirl. :lol

Actually, so far all the outfits I've worn have looked good on me except the various Haubergeons. Which is fine with me as I have no intention of playing Gladiator in this game anyways.

Teknoman said:
Players can reselect their Path Companion at any point in the main scenario.

Fuck that, my Azunyan is perfect the way she is! :lol

An issue wherein the thaumaturge ability Firm Conviction would take effect when not being cast has been addressed.

Son of a bitch, they fixed Firm Conviction!
You can still use it on any class, just start casting Cure or Sacrifice on yourself when you see the charging up glow that means the mob is winding up a big attack. As long as you are mid-cast when the attack goes off, FC will be active.

Teknoman

Ravidrath said:
Was hoping for more system-level improvements and UI reflowing, but I'm looking forward to messing around with this tonight.

I think the rest of the improvements (mouse over/drag and drop) are coming late december/early january.

I guess what everyone was saying is true...by early 2011, the game will be at the level it probably should've been at launch.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wouldn't worry too much about things looking good. Even with FFXI, they were always really good. They're still releasing amazing looking armor in FFXI. The new job specific gear in FFXI looks great.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Also i'm glad that NMs have an overdrive mode. Im not as adamant about wanting a challenge as DrDogg, but this is a welcome addition...especially if they have some sort of animation that shows they are angry.

WoW's bosses enrage after 10 mins.

I personally think 30 mins is too long, who the hell wants to fight 1 thng for 30 mins anyways.

Of course when bosses enrage in WoW thats its, they will basically one shot you.

I'm glad there is a cutoff point tho, at least we won't ever get fights like AV again.

Will be loggin in tonight just to hunt a goblin.

Teknoman

Jinko said:

I personally think 30 mins is too long, who the hell wants to fight 1 thng for 30 mins anyways.

Of course when bosses enrage in WoW thats its, they will basically one shot you.

I'm glad there is a cutoff point tho, at least we won't ever get fights like AV again.

Probably will see "adjustments to enrage timer have been made" soon :lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jinko said:

AV wasn't a problem once the level cap started going up.

notworksafe

Alterac Valley (AV) was a 40v40 PvP battleground that also had PvE bosses that you needed to kill to complete it. It was a lot of fun, but there were many things going on at once so it often took days for one battleground to complete, with people coming in and out all the time.

You had PvP towers (that spanwed NPCs of your faction to fight with you) to cap, PvP graveyards (player spawn points) to cap, PvE bosses to kill, summonable NPC air units to take out areas, and summonable NPC monsters (an Archdruid for Alliance and Ice Lord for Horde) that would romp around the battlefield disrupting things.

It was a ton of fun, but could become tedious going in and knowing that you probably wouldn't see the end of that battle. Eventually Blizzard changed the battleground to where battles now take 20 minutes to an hour to complete.

More info here if you are interested. http://www.wowpedia.org/Alterac_Valley

I loved AV back in the day, and it still remains my favorite battleground.

Canti

Is the game live yet? Having problems getting back in.

EDIT: That new gear looks pretty good, I still haven't seen half the stuff from the last update though (coloured undergarments? retainer clothes?)

Alt Valley? Aren't they speaking Absolute Virtue? *confused

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rentahamster said:
What was so bad about this "AV"? Take too long to kill? Were the rewards worth it?

If they're talking about Absolute Virtue from FFXI. He was a very hard enemy in FFXI and was undefeated on all servers (outside a few defeats that made use of glitches) until they raised the level cap. He was around for a good 2 or 3 years before that level cap up went into effect though.

hgplayer1

notworksafe said:
Alterac Valley (AV) was a 40v40 PvP battleground that also had PvE bosses that you needed to kill to complete it. It was a lot of fun, but there were many things going on at once so it often took days for one battleground to complete, with people coming in and out all the time.

You had PvP towers (that spanwed NPCs of your faction to fight with you) to cap, PvP graveyards (player spawn points) to cap, PvE bosses to kill, summonable NPC air units to take out areas, and summonable NPC monsters (an Archdruid for Alliance and Ice Lord for Horde) that would romp around the battlefield disrupting things.

It was a ton of fun, but could become tedious going in and knowing that you probably wouldn't see the end of that battle. Eventually Blizzard changed the battleground to where battles now take 20 minutes to an hour to complete.

Yeah this answer should have been Absolute Virtue HNM in FFXI

Teknoman

notworksafe said:

I think he's talking about Absolute Virtue, super hnm from XI.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Virtue

EDIT: Anyone done some .dat diving with the new patch data to see if that new sword was indeed a 2h Gladiator weapon, or too soon?

Forbiden

DrForester said:
If they're talking about Absolute Virtue from FFXI. He was a very hard enemy in FFXI and was undefeated on all servers (outside a few defeats that made use of glitches) until they raised the level cap. He was around for a good 2 or 3 years before that level cap up went into effect though.

Is the DRK Kraken Club method considered a glitch method? Because I know my LS, together with another HNM LS in my server, killed AV a couple of times using that method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom