• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
So yeah, the game should be in the state that it should've been released in a few weeks.
From everything we've been through until now, I honestly think it'll take a little while longer than that.

Teknoman

Rentahamster said:
From everything we've been through until now, I honestly think it'll take a little while longer than that.

I mean content and functionality wise (how many MMOs dont ship with full guild/clan functionality these days or things like help text and mouse over menus?). Plus ships should mean airships ( what else could they be?).

Allard

Teknoman said:
I mean content and functionality wise (how many MMOs dont ship with full guild/clan functionality these days or things like help text and mouse over menus?). Plus ships should mean airships ( what else could they be?).

PvP sea ships. They alluded to them back during that Eorzea Pre-Launch event. That + cooperative crafting where more then one person engages in crafting an item to finish a 'huge' product (Multilayered cake, small ship, artillery for the large company ships etc.) There are also 3 maps not currently used that detail several islands and those zones were probably designed to be used for that ship to ship combat.

Hopefully we get to know more info on companies this week or next week. Its probably the biggest trump they have to really making the game feel unique depending on just what you can do as a company.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
I mean content and functionality wise .
Yeah, I know. I think they're gonna need a while to get it all in, then to refine it into something good. There really isn't that much evidence in favor of giving SE the benefit of their word right about now.

They better be serious, and they better deliver everything they promised and then some. The 2011 MMOG slate is pretty full already, the first one to drop is only a month away, and the word-of-mouth on Rift from the betas is almost universally positive, unlike for example FFXIV.

Teknoman said:
Btw refresher for whats expected in the first 2011 updates (which seems to be early Feb?):
But, wasn't that list from before everything went down and they completely shifted priorities? I dunno if I'd trust that anymore.

A few brief impressions from the Rift beta while I wait for the next miracle patch:

Visually, the game is vastly inferior to FFXIV. The music sucks too. The animations are hilariously amateur and atrocious. Your character runs like a gimp and all the character designs are uglier than sin. The visual polish of FFXIV is unmatched by any MMOG available today, period. FFXIV has catgirls, too. CATGIRL IS BEST GIRL!!

However, this game has the progressing from one quest hub to the next, leveling from quests design that is famous in WoW. That alone makes this game roughly 1,046,567,265 times superior to FFXIV in terms of actually playing it. I think I've killed like 5 whole mobs so far from levels 1 to 7 which weren't quest-related. Seriously. Meanwhile I think I killed at least 5,000 doblyns between rank 38 and rank 50 on my archer in FFXIV. The difference between Rift and FFXIV is pretty stark here and I know which method for leveling I prefer, and it isn't the grinding of thousands of doblyns (or efts and raptors!).

The framerate in Rift is quite shitty though considering how little it is rendering and how there isn't even any implemented MSAA yet. They'll have to work on that, if my GTX 470 can run the visually 9 billion times better looking FFXIV at 40-60 fps there's no excuse for this game dropping all the way down to 20 fps when there's a bunch of people on screen.

I'm about to kill the boss of the noob zone and leave it and so far it's a lot like how WoW and LOTRO start off. The character design looks a lot like Warhammer Online or Age of Conan but not nearly as bashed to death with the ugly stick. Really visually and in terms of gameplay mechanics the game doesn't in the least bit stand out. It's like they mashed together WoW, LOTRO, WAR, threw them all in a blender, and Rift is what came out. I'm hoping to try out the PvP and see if it does anything different and better than WoW's Battlegrounds or Aion's open-world gank-happy PvP. The completely derivative nature of this MMOG thus far is utterly amazing, stunning, and appalling all at the same time. Way to enhance the tried and true there, Trion! Now give me one good reason why I should play this game instead of WoW, LOTRO or even FFXIV!

Grinding quests or grinding mobs, same shit in the end. Only difference is one pats you on the back every 5 to 10 minutes saying "Good job, now here's another...".

Babalu.

Unknown Soldier said:
A few brief impressions from the Rift beta while I wait for the next miracle patch:

Visually, the game is vastly inferior to FFXIV. The music sucks too. The animations are hilariously amateur and atrocious. Your character runs like a gimp and all the character designs are uglier than sin. The visual polish of FFXIV is unmatched by any MMOG available today, period. FFXIV has catgirls, too. CATGIRL IS BEST GIRL!!

However, this game has the progressing from one quest hub to the next, leveling from quests design that is famous in WoW. That alone makes this game roughly 1,046,567,265 times superior to FFXIV in terms of actually playing it. I think I've killed like 5 whole mobs so far from levels 1 to 7 which weren't quest-related. Seriously. Meanwhile I think I killed at least 5,000 doblyns between rank 38 and rank 50 on my archer in FFXIV. The difference between Rift and FFXIV is pretty stark here and I know which method for leveling I prefer, and it isn't the grinding of thousands of doblyns (or efts and raptors!).

The framerate in Rift is quite shitty though considering how little it is rendering and how there isn't even any implemented MSAA yet. They'll have to work on that, if my GTX 470 can run the visually 9 billion times better looking FFXIV at 40-60 fps there's no excuse for this game dropping all the way down to 20 fps when there's a bunch of people on screen.

I'm about to kill the boss of the noob zone and leave it and so far it's a lot like how WoW and LOTRO start off. The character design looks a lot like Warhammer Online or Age of Conan but not nearly as bashed to death with the ugly stick. Really visually and in terms of gameplay mechanics the game doesn't in the least bit stand out. It's like they mashed together WoW, LOTRO, WAR, threw them all in a blender, and Rift is what came out. I'm hoping to try out the PvP and see if it does anything different and better than WoW's Battlegrounds or Aion's open-world gank-happy PvP. The completely derivative nature of this MMOG thus far is utterly amazing, stunning, and appalling all at the same time. Way to enhance the tried and true there, Trion! Now give me one good reason why I should play this game instead of WoW, LOTRO or even FFXIV!

I agree with everything said here. Especially with how damn ugly the game is. The character models especially are atrocious. Thats mainly the reason I wont be playing. It is a much better game with much more content. But it just looks so god awful ugly that I can't bring myself to playing. It actually made me appreciate FFXIV and almost want to go back to play around with my characters. But i'm not falling for that trick again.

So with that, I will continue waiting for Tera and GW2. :)

Its definitely not a bad game though, so long as you can get past the ugly.

It's boring, unoriginal, and uninspiring. Another WoW clone that will join the list of other copycat failures that went quietly in the night.

Wonder how long before devs realize if people want to play something like WoW... then they will most likely decide to play WoW!

nataku

Outdoor Miner said:
Grinding quests or grinding mobs, same shit in the end. Only difference is one pats you on the back every 5 to 10 minutes saying "Good job, now here's another...".

Really? Grinding quests usually has you running all over the place, which some may hate. Personally, I like seeing different parts of the zone rather than sitting in the same little circle killing the same mobs for hours on end. It's the change of scenery quest based games bring that make them more enjoyable for me.

nataku said:
Really? Grinding quests usually has you running all over the place, which some may hate. Personally, I like seeing different parts of the zone rather than sitting in the same little circle killing the same mobs for hours on end. It's the change of scenery quest based games bring that make them more enjoyable for me.

I detest the whole "accept quest, now go the that splotch on the map, and then come back" approach. Most people just run around glued to their maps not even taking in the sights.

Cmagus

Outdoor Miner said:
I detest the whole "accept quest, now go the that splotch on the map, and then come back" approach. Most people just run around glued to their maps not even taking in the sights.

Well the problem and I have said this many times is they need to make better use of the land.There are alot of places like the bazaars that have npc's that do nothing no reason they can't have quests.No reason why there can be NPC's in the field that give you fishing missions or whatever.This is the biggest difference between this game and most MMO.

To be honest I really don't want them to copy WOW cause honestly I am not fond of wow I prefer the combat in Final Fantasy XIV far more than wow I feel more engaged in FFXIV than I do in WOW.They need to do away with anima as well its fine if you want people to see the world and having you go to the places first is fine but if you want to have people see the world then spread things out.

If you want people to ride the boat give incentive maybe there is a fish you can only fish up on the boat or something they really need to find ways to use what they have to their advantage.Like I said before with DCUO really its alot alike most mission are repetitive same with WOW but the thing is they don't focus it all to one general area you go out and explore.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the leve timer and stuff was added to cover up the lack of content.Also one last thing Id like to see them do is spread out the monsters.When it comes to grinding everyone camps like 3-4 spot no reason you cant throw some say iron coblyns out in the field in spots.

Jinko

I agree with everything said about Rift, it does look like crap and runs even worse but the fact that its fun kind of overshadows it for me.

That being said its way too much like WoW and i have had enough of that game to last me a long while, I agree 1000% about how the questing/leveling is done is so much better.

The Rift encouters are so well done aswell, it kind of puts behest to shame, auto group is a must for stuff like that.

There is a lot more to it than that though, quest hubs give you a sense of progression, unlike FF14 which just feels like running round in circles, not only that if FF14 had similar quest lines then mob placement wouldn't be such an issue, because each hub would cater to the quest for that area.

Jinko

hgplayer1 said:

The lack of imagination is quite depressing.

Each year, there are those who feel inclined to bring attention to the fact that these bells closely resemble those used during other festivals, such as the recent starlight celebration. It is unfortunate that these people must concentrate on the negative when the true meaning behind Valentione's Day...

LOL

Well what the hell do you expect ?

notworksafe

Valentione's Day is truly more about an individual's quest to muster the courage to conquer his own fears of rejection. It is for this reason the realm does not see any dramatic changes for the duration of the festivities.
Suuuure. :lol

You know, while these holiday events do suck, if you think about it, do you really want them wasting time with more complex holiday events when the base game is broken?

DrDogg

At this point I'd rather have no holiday events over more bells. This time we don't even get useless gear... just food items.

Teknoman

Hopefully the NPC item exchange quests to be implemented soon, actually have miniature stories/mini-cutscenes, and give you useful rewards. I liked how XI quests actually had stories to them that you wanted to follow, but I didnt like how vague the directions in the quest were.

One thing XIV has over XI is a pretty detailed journal with quest markers. Man I hope this next update packs alot of the stuff in...just really want to get into a new FF online adventure.

Really interested in seeing what class changes/battle system and enemy changes they bring about, as well as hopefully lowering the rank required to progress the storyline (especially for cutscene missions) and let people bring party members into story missions no matter what.

Teknoman said:
Really interested in seeing what class changes/battle system and enemy changes they bring about, as well as hopefully lowering the rank required to progress the storyline (especially for cutscene missions) and let people bring party members into story missions no matter what.

With the exception of ranks 38 and 46, the story missions either involve no fighting at all or are so easy as to be utterly laughable. I still don't understand what the rationale was for designing the story missions so the non-battle jobs could also pass them. Not only does it make the whole exercise utterly pointless, it dumbs the story missions down to the point where your average "Kill X Mobs" mission in WoW and it's clones look like ingenious and creative quest design by comparison.

Squenix needs to completely blow up the whole story quest design. They need to nuke every story quest in the game thus far and replace them all with better story quests with parties of up to 15 fighting it out against hordes of enemies with shit blowing up everywhere and people dying left and right and huge boss battles with huge bosses that make the current NMs look like tiny ants by comparison. If I wanted to play a bunch of shitty little quests I would go play WoW. The crafting and gathering jobs need to be excluded entirely from the main story quest lines. Pick up a weapon and learn to kill the hell out of shit or shut the fuck up and sit in town crafting 12 hours a day or whatever. This is FINAL FANTASY, I expect epic boss battles with operatic music featuring electronic chorale set to extreme in the background and the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Every time. What we've gotten so far is a complete abomination from the company that brought us Kefka, Sephiroth, and Sin.

The opening cutscene of the game features a flashback to a huge airship battle where Bahamut himself shows up to destroy a huge airship and crash it into what is now the empty, depressingly content-less Mor Dhona zone. There is literally nothing to do in Mor Dhona right now except kill Dodore if he happens to be up. That's the current Marianas Trench-sized chasm between what we've been promised and what's actually in the game right now.

Squenix has been granted one reprieve after another. WoW: Cataclysm ended up being more of the same with a new level cap you can reach in 2 days. People were at the level cap the DAY OF LAUNCH in DCUO. Rift is looking like just another terribly uninspired and generic WoW clone. SW:TOR has been delayed again and again and still has no firm release date. TERA Online is currently slated for summer to fall 2011 but they are currently focusing on the Korean version which has just launched. Squenix could have not possibly asked for, or deserved, the window of opportunity it now has to finish FFXIV and re-launch it for PS3 and with a free expansion on PC. Don't fuck this up, Squenix. It really is your last chance to turn FFXIV around.

Sofo

Me and my fiancé had so many hopes for FFXIV. We met in FFXI, it was a blast of a game which we had to quit due to lack of time. Now we looked into FFXIV, we even got the Collector's Edition and we were basically there day one only to find out that all our fears were true. Now after almost 5 months I still don't feel like playing, even though the game is currently free. I know the skill/job system is the one we have, but I'd love if they brought FFXI-classic job system with defined roles, easier SP or simply questable. I would so get back to it. When I was in FFXI I was always against easier SP or questable SP but as my lifestyle has changed I would love if FFXIV molded on it; fun to jump and play and able to turn it off without major consequences.

Edit: Note that we mostly play alone/duo.

Munba

New patch coming,

Patch 1.15a Outline (01/27/2011)

Several of the scheduled improvements mentioned in last week's letter from the producer are nearing completion. The following is a list of some of the most significant changes:
*An official patch release date will be announced shortly.

Content
Improvements to Log Usability
Changes to behavior of windows when moused over
The implementation of an automated log text show/hide feature
Revisions to text color
Improvements to Dialog Windows
Changes to increase the amount of on-screen data, reducing the need for multiple pages
Improvements to Combat Damage Display
The assignment of different font colors to player and enemy damage
Adjustments to prevent overlapping of combat text
Improvements to Map Usability
Increased data refresh rates allowing for more responsive maps
Improvements to Minimap Usability
The addition of a PC's field-of-view (camera direction)
Improvements to Guildleve-Related Information
The implementation of an in-game command which displays time remaining until the next leve renewal
Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items
Improvements to Gathering
Changes to the frame rates of action animations to speed up gathering activities
Improvements to the Item Search Feature
The addition of prices displayed together with search results
Addition of a Head Gear Display Feature
The addition of a feature allowing players to graphically toggle on/off their headgear (without physically removing the item)
Adjustments to Skill Points
Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties

Further details will be revealed in forthcoming Topics posts, as well as the post planned for release in conjunction with the patch.

FUN FACT:
As of today, game versions will be assigned alphanumeric values (eg. 1.15a). In addition, what for the past decade have been known to players of online FINAL FANTASY titles as "version updates" shall henceforth be referred to as "patches."

Teknoman

They were pretty specific as far as what limited notes they released. Man I hope the SP adjustments means the end of the Coblyn era...for nice exp parties anyway.

MomoPufflet said:
goodbye what little economy that was left. undercutters assemble!

I wouldnt say that. People still wont sell items for less than a certain point. If anything, i'd think you'd get more standardized pricing, and be able to move around within a certain amount of gil from that price.

DrDogg

Patch looks pretty lame to me. Nothing that interests me outside of the hopeful return of parties. Unfortunately, combat is still ridiculously boring, so being bored in a party doesn't make it any more fun (for me).

MvC3 in three weeks and MK9 in a couple months... followed by the push to Evo. Not sure when I'll be back to FFXIV, but it probably won't happen until the combat is improved so I can't watch TV while I play and still perform just as well.

Sofo said:
Me and my fiancée had so many hopes for FFXIV. We met in FFXI, it was a blast of a game which we had to quit due to lack of time. Now we looked into FFXIV, we even got the Collector's Edition and we were basically there day one only to find out that all our fears were true. Now after almost 5 months I still don't feel like playing, even though the game is currently free. I know the skill/job system is the one we have, but I'd love if they brought FFXI-classic job system with defined roles, easier SP or simply questable. I would so get back to it. When I was in FFXI I was always against easier SP or questable SP but as my lifestyle has changed I would love if FFXIV molded on it; fun to jump and play and able to turn it off without major consequences.

Edit: Note that we mostly play alone/duo.

What do you consider easier SP? SP is already super easy to get, you just need a ridiculous amount of it. I'd rather see the balance FFXI had in terms of XP challenge/speed. If I can just do quest after quest to reach cap, I'll quit. That's boring as sin and offers no challenge at all. One of the reasons I don't play WoW.

Teknoman said:
I wouldnt say that. People still wont sell items for less than a certain point. If anything, i'd think you'd get more standardized pricing, and be able to move around within a certain amount of gil from that price.

Except this isn't true at all. Pricing stability is the ONE benefit that the wards system in its current form offers. They should be clinging to that for dear life until they finish the the AH when all of that goes out the window, just like it does in FFXI.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Unknown Soldier said:
Squenix needs to completely blow up the whole story quest design. They need to nuke every story quest in the game thus far and replace them all with better story quests with parties of up to 15 fighting it out against hordes of enemies with shit blowing up everywhere and people dying left and right and huge boss battles with huge bosses that make the current NMs look like tiny ants by comparison. If I wanted to play a bunch of shitty little quests I would go play WoW. The crafting and gathering jobs need to be excluded entirely from the main story quest lines. Pick up a weapon and learn to kill the hell out of shit or shut the fuck up and sit in town crafting 12 hours a day or whatever. This is FINAL FANTASY, I expect epic boss battles with operatic music featuring electronic chorale set to extreme in the background and the fate of the world hanging in the balance.

Well said :LOL (man I miss that laughing blue smiley)

In my opinion, they need to make a separate story line mission system for crafting/gathering jobs that make them complete crafting/gathering missions and utilize their own unique skills somehow and not just try to shoehorn them into a mission system that only fits combat classes.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
MomoPufflet said:
Except this isn't true at all. Pricing stability is the ONE benefit that the wards system in its current form offers. They should be clinging to that for dear life until they finish the the AH when all of that goes out the window, just like it does in FFXI.
I do not think that the nature of the wards benefits "stability" as much as you think it does.

There were always ways too see how much everyone else was selling their stuff for.

Launch - Check every single ward - Very time consuming and inefficient

Nov. Patch - Use the item search - Not as time consuming but still inconvenient

New Patch - item search + price listing - Fast

Allowing shopping to be easier for customers is not a bad thing. The benefit of "price stability" (if there even is such a benefit) comes at the cost of using a god-awful market system.

The easier the wards are to use, the more people will want to use them, and the more participation in the economy we'll see, which will lead to more items being available for sale and more activity and turnaround of stock.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?for...9201&page=1&howmany=50#msg1296032041270783835
Um...I don't know if i'm the only one who noticed/know about this, or even if this was ever mentioned in this thread(yeah, i didn't read all the posts) or the whole forum as well, but you can put together steps 1&2(if you play on KB) by pressing SHIFT+Skill #(and hit G for activation), so that you don't have to press the br button or make macros for each skill..

Holy shit!

Mind blown. Why isn't this in the fucking instruction manual????

I had thought the only shortcut was the "emote" button on the controller.

Sofo

DrDogg said:
What do you consider easier SP? SP is already super easy to get, you just need a ridiculous amount of it. I'd rather see the balance FFXI had in terms of XP challenge/speed. If I can just do quest after quest to reach cap, I'll quit. That's boring as sin and offers no challenge at all. One of the reasons I don't play WoW.
Yes sorry, that. Because we solo/duo, obtaining SP isn't bad, the problem means we need an insane amount. Last time we left the game as is was because we couldn't even reach rank 20 (pre-patch) and we kept getting frustrated by its randomness. If it was like FFXI I'd be happy with it (hell, we duo'd SCH and BLM all the way to 75).

Teknoman

As far as the story goes, they dont really need to nuke what they have now, just make the missions have lower rank requirements (seriously, there arent that many fights, and those that are there arent that tough). Make the missions we have now accessible at much lower ranks so we can get into the Garlean and Beast tribe war stuff quicker.

That way, the things that we have now arent completely thrown out the door. Full 15 person party isnt really something thats needed for a story mission, maybe 4-8, but for a normal random tribe attack/Garlean skirmish/Giant monster quest? Sure.

Also a more Final Fantasy feel probably means something like that is coming soon, besides didnt Yoshi say something about restructuring the story?

EDIT: I will say they are wasting Uematsu's talent with no boss fights in the game so far. Thats one thing XI got right as far as FF feel goes.

There also needs to be more variety of weapons at an earlier level...I just dont want to be stuck with a similar weapon model for most of the early game lol

Also where are all the Behemoths? They have art for one in the collectors edition journal, and one in motion on the DVD.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
EDIT: I will say they are wasting Uematsu's talent with no boss fights in the game so far. Thats one thing XI got right as far as FF feel goes.
Well, there is some pretty good music for some faction leves and boss fights, but

#1 They're so rare, hardly anyone ever hears it

and

#2 The actual fights are stupid and enderwhelming

e.g. epic music playing when you start a horn and hand leve, that stops when you talk to the mission NPC 1 minute later, followed by you running around collecting boxes like a moron.

or, when you've killed 9 our of 10 leve mobs and epic music starts playing for the last mob, You think there's a boss coming, but no, it's just the last trash mob of the quest. :/

Teknoman

True, the faction leve themes do sound like boss battle themes. Would be nice if they either changed those leves completely to work out like actual mini-boss battles, or just reserved the themes for actual boss fights.

What I hate music-wise is how the Leve music for an entire region is always the same. When we go into a cave/mines/whatever that has a new unique fight music, we don't ever get that fight music when doing Leves. It should switch to the fight music when we initiate combat.

DrDogg said:
Patch looks pretty lame to me. Nothing that interests me outside of the hopeful return of parties. Unfortunately, combat is still ridiculously boring, so being bored in a party doesn't make it any more fun (for me).
What did you expect? The new director has been going on and on about how the UI is their #1 priority, they don't want to touch combat until the UI fixes are done.

Teknoman

This is what I meant earlier:

6rm1ba.jpg

DrDogg

Dreamwriter said:
What did you expect? The new director has been going on and on about how the UI is their #1 priority, they don't want to touch combat until the UI fixes are done.

I didn't say I was surprised by the patch... just that I find it lame. I don't expect combat updates in the next patch either. In fact, I'd be surprised to see proper combat updates before March... sadly. :(

DrDogg said:
I didn't say I was surprised by the patch... just that I find it lame. I don't expect combat updates in the next patch either. In fact, I'd be surprised to see proper combat updates before March... sadly. :(

That's because the vast majority of people aren't the least bit angry about the combat. It pretty much works like you'd expect MMOG combat to work with the exception of having mash the 1 key to do normal attacks. The combat is just fine for the vast majority of players. I'm sure they will add harder quests and NMs at some point but there's nothing broken about the way the game's combat system flows that requires an immediate response the way the utter lack of content does.

Teknoman

I think the class adjustments will be continuous though...but thats a given.

Anyway, if SP in parties works the way everyone wants it to after the patch, wouldnt that make the game more challenging in itself? Im guessing its going to make smaller parties for standard exp stuff more effective, and hopefully make tackling harder enemies more worthwhile.

Also enemies themselves were supposed to be adjusted, so its kinda in the air atm.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yay!

In an effort to standardize stack limits in accordance with category type, as well alleviate inventory overload, the limits for all items (excluding those marked as Rare) in the following categories have been increased to 99:

Sundries, Throwing Stones, Eggs, Vegetables, Spices, Fruits, Mushrooms, Foodstuffs, Freshwater Fare, Saltwater Fare, Meats, Dyes, Paints, Reagents, Metals, Unrefined Metals, Metal Sheets, Metal Wires, Weapon Heads, Weapon Butts, Weapon Grips, Chainmail Meshes, Armor Metals, Clasps, Raw Wood, Hides, Leathers, Furs, Armor Hides, Armor Leathers, Footwear Parts, Bones, Teeth & Claws, Wings, Armor, Ores, Stones, Gemstones, Fibers, Cloth, Hooded Attire Cloth, Cloth Bodies, Smallclothes Cloth, Cloth Sleeves, Front Cloth, Back Cloth, Armor Cloth, Feathers, and Armor Parts

Teknoman

Really it seems like 99.9% (lol percents) close to being the same as the AH, aside from having to go through the extra effort to mess with a retainer. Not bad at all. Now lets just hope this party SP adjustment makes decent parties against harder enemies worthwhile, and it'll be picking up steam.

Jinko

Dreamwriter said:
They just completely broke the ward system :) It no longer matters where you setup shop. But hey, it's all good

Good, maybe now they will release what a stupid idea it was to begin with :D and remove it completely.

Teknoman

Dreamwriter said:
They just completely broke the ward system :) It no longer matters where you setup shop. But hey, it's all good

Dont people still lose gil by setting up shop in the wrong ward?

EDIT: I've seen people complaining about possible undercutting/overpricing with this new system, but wasnt that the same way it was with the AH, aside from not being able to view prices? Now its closer to real life...something you'd see on say...Amazon.com.

No matter what kind of market system is put in game, just like in real life, people will undercut or overcharge for items. However, people wont go below or above a certain amount of gil since it'll either be a waste of time/lower profit then the work you put in to get the item.

Also people wont put things for insane prices compared to the rank required/recommended for the item...at least I hope they wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom