• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Rentahamster said:
In the meantime I've been trying to convince this dude on the official forums how wrong he is.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...nt-Calculations.?p=37534&viewfull=1#post37534

He doesn't seem to give up.

duty_calls.png
In that thread, the OP said that if someone could prove to him that his ideas are wrong, then he'd give up. He just deleted the thread. Weak.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Rentahamster said:
In that thread, the OP said that if someone could prove to him that his ideas are wrong, then he'd give up. He just deleted the thread. Weak.

lol!

Didn't know you could delete your own threads. That sucks though since there was some interesting post in that thread. Damn coward..

Synless

How well do you think this would run on a macbook pro with a Radeon HD 6750M 1GB GDDR5 running on a 2.2GHz i7? I only ask because I don't have windows on it yet to check and see how it would run. Could anyone who might know inform me so I can check to see if it is worth getting this game?

Synless said:
How well do you think this would run on a macbook pro with a Radeon HD 6750M 1GB GDDR5 running on a 2.2GHz i7? I only ask because I don't have windows on it yet to check and see how it would run. Could anyone who might know inform me so I can check to see if it is worth getting this game?

It should run fine but nowhere near maximum settings. I would just install Windows and run the official benchmark, you don't have to buy the game for that as it's a free download.

Synless

Unknown Soldier said:
It should run fine but nowhere near maximum settings. I would just install Windows and run the official benchmark, you don't have to buy the game for that as it's a free download.
N/m thanks for the info. I will test this out as soon as a get my copy of windows in.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Emenis said:
lol!

Didn't know you could delete your own threads. That sucks though since there was some interesting post in that thread. Damn coward..
Heh, yeah, he deleted other threads in the past, too. Users shouldn't have the ability to delete their own threads, that's too much powah. The google cache is there, but it doesn't have the more recent posts.

I'm kinda annoyed because it took a while to write all the text I did, and now if I ever want to make those points again, I gotta write it from scratch.

Hmm, we posting screentshots? I got some good ones. Lemme go find 'em.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Coldsnap said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2vdmv7l.png[IMG]

RIP ; ;[/QUOTE]

I just realized I have very few screens with you in them Rat. :(

Hmm.

Me fighting an NM:

[URL=http://imgur.com/LAwWe.jpg][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LAwWel.jpg[/URL]

The Super Team:

This one just cause rat is in it:

Rentahamster said:
After a long day of battle, nothing help more to calm the facial bruising than a nice, soft, warm compress.

http://static2.finalfantasyxiv.com/archive/0b3knCZlehc_LFBEEdxSBdbJ4TBWI9sAJla2FYxq_U.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:O You look so happy. lol

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Unknown Soldier said:
You guys run the game on terrible settings and you don't even rearrange your UIs. I'm ashamed to admit that I know any of you. :3

hehe

Yeah. <3

That's the first thing I will do when the game is back up! I might even actually make a macro once and for all. :D

Edit:

F6CMa.jpg

Come back ryo! ; ;

Coldsnap

Love those pictures posted.

I would try to re-arrange my ui but i play windowed in a small resolution so I have like to space for the ui as it is; ;

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Do nvidia cards render this game better than ati? Even on 'very high' the shadows on my system don't look as good as what I see in some other ppl's screenshots. It's like the shadows on my system are rough, or dirty or something.

Shrug

Rentahamster said:
Do nvidia cards render this game better than ati? Even on 'very high' the shadows on my system don't look as good as what I see in some other ppl's screenshots. It's like the shadows on my system are rough, or dirty or something.

Shrug

Well, this logo appears in the official benchmark:
NV_The_Way_Primary_H_3D.jpg

^_^

Okay, seriously. Are your Shadow settings maxed? Are you sure? Go check again, just to be sure. The game shouldn't be rendered any differently between ATI and Nvidia cards. Check your control panel settings too to make sure you've got Anisotropic filtering maxed at 16x. I run the game with 16x MSAA and Multisampling Transparency AA as well, which you can see at work in the screenshots I've posted in this thread.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, just checked the config again, and I've been running at 8xQMSAA (max setting) multisampling, "highest" shadow detail, "high" texture quality, and "highest" texture filtering, with AO and DoF turned off.

Perhaps I need to activate more crap in the CP then, huh.

Darte

Mine does that too I think, I don't have any photographic evidence atm but I noticed something funky with shadowing...and I have an ATI card.

Self-shadowing has always been buggy in games which use it. If this game ever comes back online, I'll look into it myself but I suspect I will see the same problem in extreme close-up shots too.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
One more thing - the in-game screenshot tool seems to suck ass. If I take screens and then open them up, the game window looks a lot better than the screenshot even tho they're still showing the same scene at the same resolution (like, the contrast and colors seem less vivid, so it can't be just crappy JPEG compression).

I need a separate program to take screenies.

Rentahamster said:
One more thing - the in-game screenshot tool seems to suck ass. If I take screens and then open them up, the game window looks a lot better than the screenshot even tho they're still showing the same scene at the same resolution (like, the contrast and colors seem less vivid, so it can't be just crappy JPEG compression).

I need a separate program to take screenies.

FRAPS

mileS

i'll be back... maybe

at least long enough to check out thundersticks and cry myself to sleep when I find nobody there.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Looking at that cool screenshot, I'm all of a sudden very aware of how pretty FF14 can be sometimes, and how at other times, it looks like ass.

Rentahamster said:
Looking at that cool screenshot, I'm all of a sudden very aware of how pretty FF14 can be sometimes, and how at other times, it looks like ass.

I don't know of any situations where it looks like ass. Especially by MMOG standards. FFXIV really is far and away the best looking MMOG ever made, though it would be nice if Squenix also had released the game with content instead of now 6 months later the game is just entering beta stage in terms of content, UI, and client stability/performance.

If you want to see what ass looks like, I suggest playing Rift. Even WoW's simplistic graphics look better than Rift does.

Riposte

Unknown Soldier said:
I don't know of any situations where it looks like ass. Especially by MMOG standards. FFXIV really is far and away the best looking MMOG ever made, though it would be nice if Squenix also had released the game with content instead of now 6 months later the game is just entering beta stage in terms of content, UI, and client stability/performance.

If you want to see what ass looks like, I suggest playing Rift. Even WoW's simplistic graphics look better than Rift does.

Totally agree. It seems like you get disproportionate cartoony ugliness(WoW) or over the top hentai-style anime dolls(Korea).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Unknown Soldier said:
I don't know of any situations where it looks like ass.
I was thinking specifically of the boat ride. I have no idea how they fucked that one up.

But yeah, it's still prettier than Rift.

So are we doing a pool on when the servers are going to come up? We can all bet 100k gil or something and predict the date the servers restart, closest person to the actual restart date wins the whole pot!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Unknown Soldier said:
So are we doing a pool on when the servers are going to come up? We can all bet 100k gil or something and predict the date the servers restart, closest person to the actual restart date wins the whole pot!

lol..

I was thinking of that earlier today. I was gonna say "200k on the servers coming back up monday night!".

The last time I bet gil though I lost 30k to Maki. o.o

Jinko

I wonder how many they will lose from this down time, if any...

Giving people a get out of MMO free card is never a good thing, well depending on which way you look at it :p

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I will come back, but i'm thinking to try Rift if the extend the downtime.

Anyone have a guest pass? Did they exist?

wwm0nkey

So wait servers are coming back online tomorrow for FFXI and FFXIV?

Because I just bought FFXI complete edition today for like $10

Forbiden

Gromph said:
I will come back, but i'm thinking to try Rift if the extend the downtime.

Anyone have a guest pass? Did they exist?

Yeah, all games had a "guest" pass included. I already used mine to create a second character, otherwise I would let you have it :(

wwm0nkey said:
So wait servers are coming back online tomorrow for FFXI and FFXIV?

Because I just bought FFXI complete edition today for like $10

No, SE are expected to give us "further notice" on the server status today. I haven't been keeping up as much with the whole Japan crisis, but from what little I've heard/read on the internet, it doesn't seem like it's going too well, so we might have to wait longer for the servers to come back up

wwm0nkey

Forbiden said:
No, SE are expected to give us "further notice" on the server status today. I haven't been keeping up as much with the whole Japan crisis, but from what little I've heard/read on the internet, it doesn't seem like it's going too well, so we might have to wait longer for the servers to come back up
Really? from what I understand Tokyo is pretty much good and doesn't have to do those Black Outs and they got that reactor stuff on lock down now.

Forbiden

wwm0nkey said:
Really? from what I understand Tokyo is pretty much good and doesn't have to do those Black Outs and they got that reactor stuff on lock down now.

Well if that's the case then hopefully they'll bring back the servers today, but I still have a hunch that tells me they wont.

Rentahamster said:

Shrug
Same trouble on GeForce.

Zalasta

I think they should just resume the service at the same time when the next patch is ready to be distributed. While I'm prefectly happy with the break, it is probably to their best interest to get it up and running again (even if it's not 24 hours) so people don't forget about it. Harder to get players to come back once they've committed to another MMO.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I would guess we'd see the servers back up by Friday, if not Wednesday.

I am basing this on the consultation from my magic 8-balls.

Balls.

wwm0nkey

Rentahamster said:
I would guess we'd see the servers back up by Friday, if not Wednesday.

I am basing this on the consultation from my magic 8-balls.

Balls.
If all is good it will be back up tomorrow.

Tokyo is reportedly very dark at night these days, as all the neon signs are turned off to save electricity.

I don't see the servers coming back up anytime soon, TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom