• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eccocid

For security reasons your ClickandBuy account has not been activated yet. Please call our Customer Care Team at +49 (0)221 177 38 954 to activate your account. Please do not call the merchant to activate your account.

Please ensure that you include your ClickandBuy account number in any correspondence with the ClickandBuy Service Team. Your ClickandBuy account number is: 95465631.

LOL yeah i will call UK just for a stupid confirmation. Fuck u Se and your stupid payment method. Seems like i am not gonna be able to play this game.

Eccocid

Rentahamster said:
Can't you just go to the services and options section, adding a service account, then going to options and then add a character or something?

This is probably it:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi03.html

To add a character slot you need ot give them a payment method. And only payment option is get a clickandbuy account. I searched and seems like many ppl are having problems when they enter their address to C&B. It has t be very specific and correct. I found an address from south africa, posted by some guy it worked but not C&B wants me to call them to confirm my account. I am not gonna wait till morning and call London lol.

Such a hassle for playing this game. Fuck SE seriously hope they go down the drain lol so pissed off now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You might find some help here?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/search.php?searchid=734518

This guy said he didn't have to do it:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/4834-Crysta....?p=55602&viewfull=1#post55602
Do you have to actually add Crysta to create a character now? When setting up my account I skipped past all the payment screens and was able to proceed fine. I've been playing since CE release and still don't have any payment method set up and no Crysta on my account.

Might be some helpful info here too:

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ff...s/78018-crysta-paying-ffxivs-monthly-fee.html

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98...lick-Ultimate-Pay-then-choose-PayPal.)/page12

Eccocid

CcrooK said:
So from this...

to

I can't wait to hear your impressions of the game. lol

LOL I guess you wont be hearing any impressions from me.

Even tho first month is free SE still wants me to pick up a payment method and only option is to get a working Click&Buy account. And for that i have to make a phone call to London which i won't. Such a hassle for playing an online game.

The informaiton on links doesnt work for me. You still need ot give them a payment method with C&B before you can make a character slot. They just dont charge you first month.
Why the fuck Se cant use paypal or just plain CC payment? What's with these japanese companies and their absurd interfaces and currencies?
I am uninstalling it right now.

Jinko

Yea SE should have just gone with paypal for all regions, I duno why they went with click and buy for.

Maybe less commission or something.

As for them going down the drain I sorta wish they would, sad really they used to be my favourite dev and now they just make shit.

Eccocid

Btw would it be possible for someone else to login to my account make payment? I can pay with paypal in advance. Is it possible to login to anotehr account and do a payment from SE account manager!?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
My alt account has no payment options registered or any crysta. o_O I just added player slots from the start.

I logged into the Square Enix Accoun Managment page, clicked "List option continued automatically", clicked "options list", and there should be a button or link where is says "Character" (it doesnt show up on mine anymore since i reached my limit). Click how many players slots you wantand use crysta if it ask (I cant remember). It should all be free in the end though.

Eccocid

Emenis said:
My alt account has no payment options registered or any crysta. o_O I just added player slots from the start.

I logged into the Square Enix Accoun Managment page, clicked "List option continued automatically", clicked "options list", and there should be a button or link where is says "Character" (it doesnt show up on mine anymore since i reached my limit). Click how many players slots you wantand use crysta if it ask (I cant remember). It should all be free in the end though.

I get this ' Please add new characters and reactivate automatically continued options from the Options List.
There are no automatically continued options.' when i click to list opiton continued automatically :(

Stupid hackers should had targeted clickandbuy instead of Sony :(

Munba

Rentahamster said:

I think you should post these in General for more visibility. :) Nice ideas though.

edit: you could put the 'caves' one in here too: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ynamic.-A-suggestion-for-the-future-of-Eorzea

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Grand companies Update:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/company/gc01.html#gc1

The Grand Companies of Eorzea Return! said:
The Grand Companies of Eorzea are a military alliance of nations united in common cause to avert imminent catastrophe from engulfing the realm, each city-state charged with mustering its resources under the banner of an elite regiment. At their commanders' behests, the companies have begun petitioning able men and women to join their ranks regardless of birth and standing. In due time, that selfsame clarion call will sound out to those intrepid individuals known as adventurers.

To be a part of the Grand Companies is to be a part of history in the making. Grow strong through cooperation and rivalry, and earn yourself boundless glory and a place in history. Will you lend your stout sword arm to the cause?

Do Your Part for the Survival of Eorzea! said:
The first step to joining the Grand Companies involves enlisting in one of three regiments: the Maelstrom, helmed by Chief Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn; the Order of the Twin Adder, lead by Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna; or the Immortal Flames, commanded by Flame General Raubahn Aldynn. To ensure the optimal allocation of manpower, a trial enlistment system will be established whereby individuals can discover firsthand with which company's ethos they most closely identify—it matters not wherefrom one hails.

In time, you will find yourself prompted to formally enlist. To which company would you swear allegiance? For whom would you lay down life and limb? Only you will know the answer to these questions.

Upon induction, you will be awarded the initial rank given to all new recruits, and may count yourself among elite. Company members will be assigned missions vital and diverse in nature, ranging from skirmishes with Garlean forces and savage beast tribes to supply replenishment and manufacturing. Whatever your strength and specialty, rest assured in the knowledge that your presence will make a difference.

Prove your worth by unfailingly completing the tasks assigned, and you will climb the ranks and be entrusted with missions of greater import and issued powerful equipment befitting your prowess. As a special provision exempts adventurers from bound service, you are free to take up the cause at your own pace and convenience. Yet know that disaster waits for no man, like a dark cloud overhead spreading its shadowy demesne ahead of the coming storm. And when the day of reckoning arrives, all adventurers will find their steel tested to the farthest limit.

And more stuff on web.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Munba said:
I think you should post these in General for more visibility. :) Nice ideas though.

edit: you could put the 'caves' one in here too: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ynamic.-A-suggestion-for-the-future-of-Eorzea
I don't like just throwing everything into General Discussion. If it fits more properly in a different area, I'd rather put it there. Besides, my threads get decent attention anyway, and the community manager reads them all, regardless of where it's posted.

And yeah, I should probably put some of my past posts in that huge megathread, lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
In other news, a recent JPN dev post says that after they get done with the battle stuff, they want to implement a test server.

good news!

Gromph

Staff Member
Rentahamster said:
In other news, a recent JPN dev post says that after they get done with the battle stuff, they want to implement a test server.

good news!

Maybe in 3 months? :p

Eccocid

After several phone calls to London and waiting on line for long minutes and many lies, threats, and yellings i activated my clickandbuy account LOL

So who i send a msg for a pearl?
Which city usually gaffers are in?

Coldsnap

Eccocid said:
After several phone calls to London and waiting on line for long minutes and many lies, threats, and yellings i activated my clickandbuy account LOL

So who i send a msg for a pearl?
Which city usually gaffers are in?

King Lala,
Start in Uldah it's where everyone hangs out. Right not though the servers crashed o_O for the first time too, wonder wha'ts up.

Eccocid

Coldsnap said:
King Lala,
Start in Uldah it's where everyone hangs out. Right not though the servers crashed o_O for the first time too, wonder wha'ts up.

It's my curse! ALways happens! I always jinx games especially online ones. When i start a new mmorpg there s always a big maintenance going on or servers crash :(

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Coldsnap said:
King Lala,

?

It's crashed before. When it comes back up you might have lost whatever it was you were doing for the last hour or so. Lost about an hour last time it crashed..

Jinko

So I guess the majority of people will choose Ul'dah GC lol.

That write up about Toto-Rak would have been so much better as a teaser video.

Coldsnap

Emenis said:
?

It's crashed before. When it comes back up you might have lost whatever it was you were doing for the last hour or so. Lost about an hour last time it crashed..

Nooo~ I got rank 45 -50 arm in the past hour

Eccocid

Isnt it fantastic. i created my character and among all the servers only Lindblum is in maintenance !!

Anyway i am in the game now name is Goudron Grimoire
picked up MNK! lol

See ya there!

Teknoman

TheFatOne said:
When is the next patch?

Depends on if we get a 1.17b or have to wait for 1.18 in June.

Jinko said:
So I guess the majority of people will choose Ul'dah GC lol.

That write up about Toto-Rak would have been so much better as a teaser video.

I would like that...maybe they should do something like that with the new combat system+showing the dungeons/company cutscenes (since those seem more like they will be the true story missions, and the ones we have now are more of a prologue).

Gromph

Staff Member
DoctorWho said:
Saw this at a few places for $29.99 today. A little more tempted to pick it up now.

There is for 4 pounds...

Allard

Looks like someone has already found out where the dungeon is at. Someone started to really hack the terrain recently (last time we had this was during beta). The dungeon is likely going to be near Camp Tranquil. The hacker has also found 3 'dungeon' like places in Coerthas (2 very similar to each other, the first was posted a while back in this thread, the other is a dungeon that reminds me of an underground Dangruf Wadi). He also found another 'dungeon' like environment in the Black Shroud that looked like a town or city for bandits underground. (lots of chests and a huge open room filled with torches and huge column in the middle). There is also at least 1 new 'dungeon' in Limsa and Thanalan. One near Bald Knoll, the other south of Drybone. Both of them look similar to other dungeons in the area with some slight modifications.

Eccocid

ok played for around 6 hours today. Lack of player communication and lack of direction is kinda throwing me away form the game. There were plenty of ppl in the town but i hardly see anyone talking on main chat. I know this is not a chat room but still it feels so quiet.

About this class system..Cant say i liked it very much. Yeah it is great that you can pretty much whatever you want but it feels like crafting has more priority than fighting in FF XIV which i never do in mmorpg games. I like partying with ppl and doing quests etc not sit in a corner and repeat same crafting commands for in game money.

Seems like everyone can equip everything(mostly) and i wish there were more job specific equipments so i could distinguish them.

The new market system is such a big HASSLE!!! I miss auction house and all those jacked up prices in it lol.

The starting cities are again so big and takes too much time to go from one point to another :/

Well seems like the only thing i enjoyed so far in this game is battle system. IT is fast and quite fun but i dont wanna solo :(

Allard

Eccocid said:
ok played for around 6 hours today. Lack of player communication and lack of direction is kinda throwing me away form the game. There were plenty of ppl in the town but i hardly see anyone talking on main chat. I know this is not a chat room but still it feels so quiet.

About this class system..Cant say i liked it very much. Yeah it is great that you can pretty much whatever you want but it feels like crafting has more priority than fighting in FF XIV which i never do in mmorpg games. I like partying with ppl and doing quests etc not sit in a corner and repeat same crafting commands for in game money.

Seems like everyone can equip everything(mostly) and i wish there were more job specific equipments so i could distinguish them.

The new market system is such a big HASSLE!!! I miss auction house and all those jacked up prices in it lol.

The starting cities are again so big and takes too much time to go from one point to another :/

Well seems like the only thing i enjoyed so far in this game is battle system. IT is fast and quite fun but i dont wanna solo :(

The Class or Armory system is getting an overhaul along with combat changes to make it more strategic and easier to balance (attributes are also change, at least in their potency). More rank and class specific equipment is also coming. Each class will have a defined role or roles unlike the current one when the overhaul hits. Also gear that drops from monsters will become more wide spread, right now it only happens from the rank 30ish NM's. Transportation additions are coming, but like a lot of things in this game, it is on the back burner till the first part of the combat overhaul comes in. An AH system is supposedly coming/being worked on as well, but a date for it is likely not coming soon since the market is at least functional compared to other parts of the game right now. Its likely on the backburner.

As for chat it comes from a bunch of issues that all come together. 1) People have multiple linkshells and are usually too busy talking amongst them. 2) It can be hard to 'chat' when you are crafting, the only real 'gameplay' related things people do in the cities at the moment. 3) just less people in general in the main hubs due to population going down. 4) less actual things to do that require party related events. The only party related things in this game is Guild Leve and most people just make small statics to do those or do stuff amongst there linkshells. The concept 'pick up' party has become nearly extinct in this game because there isn't much people need to form parties for. The closest is Behest and people just wait at the NPC and form their on the spot. Usually those are pretty quiet too as there isn't any real strategy to them. When we get more party oriented things in the next update (actual dungeon content) maybe we might see more random people shouting to do stuff.

Cmagus

Well forget main chat hardly anyone does and most people have the majority of it blocked for spammers.Crafting blows anyone who tells you it is fun is full of shit it mind numbingly boring and since your just starting chances are its just easier to get someone to make or repair your crap at this point.

I disagree with job specific gear I am glad they do not have it.The new gear from the new NM are specific and its the biggest hassle when your wearing and decide hey i wanna mine this rock and then of course it unequips everything when you switch to miner class thats why i gave up on that gear for that sole reason alone.

Market wards are ok you'll get use to them and the pricing I agree with but thats only because there is a small amount of people still playing and the economy is plain busted.In terms of getting around lol have fun if the cities bother you just wait till you go outside.

Lastly I agree with the battle system its fun.If you want I may pop on in abit tonight if you want some help ill do some stuff with you.Check in see what everyone is up to or whatever

Jinko

Eccocid said:

Seems the only thing you like is going to have a massive change in the next month of so ..

I don't like the fact that armour has no restrictions either (besides the favor) I think it ruins the feeling of accomplishment, but it seems the community on the forums like the mish mash be what you want wear what you want nature of this game so I can't see it being changed any time soon.

I disagree with job specific gear I am glad they do not have it.The new gear from the new NM are specific and its the biggest hassle when your wearing and decide hey i wanna mine this rock and then of course it unequips everything when you switch to miner class thats why i gave up on that gear for that sole reason alone.

There are better ways to implement gear changing/class changing though, and to be honest most gatherers have specific gear for that. (Yoshi-p did suggest he has plans for saving actions and a faster way to change gear, so lets hope its good)

What would be nice is like in FF11 when you switched class you equipped the last saved gear as long as it was in your inventory.

Cmagus

Just trying to adjust my config here need to drop the graphics down abit but keeps crashing anyone have this problem and know a way around it restarting did nothing if I try to play it at the level its at my video card overheats cause its not doing so well lol

This game crushes hardware and if your hardware isn't up to the challenge, it will crash and crash hard. If your videocard is overheating that means it's time to crack the case open and take a can of air and blow the dust out. I strongly suggest you be OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOUSE when you dust a computer which has been allowed to build up a good solid dust cake unless you want to spend an hour vacuuming your carpet after you've blasted dust all throughout your room.

Cmagus said:
They need to implement it so that it remembers the last gear and and attacks you had with each class

People were screaming about this since BETA. It's never going to happen at the rate this dev team develops things.

Cmagus

Unknown Soldier said:
This game crushes hardware and if your hardware isn't up to the challenge, it will crash and crash hard. If your videocard is overheating that means it's time to crack the case open and take a can of air and blow the dust out. I strongly suggest you be OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOUSE when you dust a computer which has been allowed to build up a good solid dust cake unless you want to spend an hour vacuuming your carpet after you've blasted dust all throughout your room.

People were screaming about this since BETA. It's never going to happen at the rate this dev team develops things.

My computer is dusted i use canned air once a week on it.My video card is just on its way out I keep my computer very clean.I doubt its the video card all i know is this game crashes my pc alot no other game does and I run more intense games than this.My settings reset thats all i cant run the game properly at the level it is at now but i can't adjust it cause config is still crashing

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I'm surprised my card is still working great considering it pretty much is always overheating. lol

I just jinxed myself didn't I? :eek: Hmm, maybe I should upgrade sometime before I start playing again.

Allard

Battle Reform Blueprint released.

Battle Reform Blueprint

Dear fans,

It is with pleasure that I announce the release of the battle reform blueprint. My apologies to have kept you waiting for so long, but due to my primary patch commitments, this document has been longer in the making than intended.
But without further ado, please allow me to take you through the blueprint and explain in detail the planned changes and the driving force behind each of them.

Akihiko Matsui
Lead Battle Planner

Reform Concept

Fostering Skillful Play

Creating a battle system that fosters skillful play.
The above is, in a sentence, the rationale behind the coming battle changes. Not exactly the punchiest catchphrase around, but perhaps there’s kindly a soul out there who could word it better. */poke Yoshi-P*

To elaborate, we are aiming to address issues such as the following:

Victories coming with little reliance on skillful play.
Lack of information needed for skillful play.
No sense of accomplishment even with skillful play.

In light of the above, our objective is to implement a battle system that rewards player effort and innovation in such areas as equipment, hunting grounds, and party structure.

Lastly, in conceiving these changes, we have kept one fact close to heart: simply making enemies stronger does not equate to an environment that fosters and rewards skillful play.

Battle Content

Dungeons

Dungeons, the proving grounds for parties, will be released in 1.18. We will be implementing two types to begin with, with future updates to usher in additional maps and battle concepts.
This content takes the form of raid missions in which players slash and burn their way through a labyrinthine area before finally squaring off against a formidable final foe. Dungeons are intended to push teamwork to the limit, and players can expect a level of satisfaction (and spoils!) befitting the challenge.

To coincide with the addition of dungeons, a number of actions and skills will receive tweaks ahead of time, the details of which will be released at a later date.

Notorious Monsters

We will continue to introduce new NMs on a regular basis, although numbers may be modest for patches boasting large-scale features such as dungeons. Players can look forward to engaging in more epic struggles and acquiring spectacular spoils.

Partying

Skillful Partying

Alongside our ongoing endeavors to make solo adventuring ever more rewarding, we are also injecting effort into making full-fledged partying more enjoyable. At the heart of this undertaking is a series of plans to draw out the uniqueness of each class (details in the Armoury System section below).
It goes without saying to those familiar with MMORPGs, but the masterful manipulation of the following facets of battle is the cornerstone of effective partying.

Enmity (hate) control, which governs the enemy’s attack target.
Crowd control (CC), the act of rendering enemy groups incapable of attacking.

Enmity (Hate) Control

Following review, we have deemed the current algorithm unnecessarily complicated, and as such have decided to simplify the system as follows:

Damage will convert to enmity at a one-to-one ratio (in most cases)
Players will have the means to examine their own current hate value.

A hate conversion formula will be applied to actions that target friendlies or do not inflict damage.

Furthermore, a player’s enmity will be made constantly visible as a percentage of that of the party member being attacked. A feature whereby players may examine hate values for all party members is also under consideration for a future update.

Crowd Control (CC)

As crowd control tactics are expected to gain in prominence with the introduction of dungeons, a host of adjustments is being planned centered around the following:

The reforming of crowd control methods
Tweaks to crowd control actions and their distribution among classes.

Solo Play

Solo play is the preferred choice of those short on time, and we intend to preserve the balance wherein adventurers can take on foes of the same rank unaided. Even as we work to further accentuate the uniqueness of each class, we will make it so that all classes are capable of ranking up via solo play.

Auto-attack and Other Systems

Auto-attack

We will be implementing auto-attack. As the workload for this is expected to be considerable, however, the feature will be introduced in stages alongside revisions for other systems.

For the first stage, we will implement the core mechanics of auto-attack and perform provisional adjustments to the accompanying damage algorithm. The next stage, planned to take place after the aforementioned crowd control and action/skill revisions, will involve a fine-tuning of the auto-attack algorithm. Other algorithms will also undergo revisions, which will be explained further below. In so doing, we hope to further draw out the unique flavor of each weapon. At this same time, we will also carry out motion and other graphical revisions to accommodate auto-attack.

Action Bar

We realize that having to reequip gear and reset actions every time you change class is a source of chagrin. Although we are unable to indicate a timeframe, discussions are underway with the UI team on ways for players to retain equipment and action data for each class.
As battle revisions encompass not only tweaks to areas such as classes, items, and monsters, but also entail improvements to user interface, we wanted to share with you this aspect of our plans as well.

Battle Regimens

We are afraid to inform you that work on the Battle Regimen system has been postponed, as adjustments and additions alone will not suffice to address problems. There is a need to rework the system from the ground up, and we will lay the foundation stones after other changes have been seen to completion.

Character Development

Battle Attribute Allotment

When it comes to battle, class rank should, by logic, be more important than physical level. The reality of the situation, however, is that attribute point allotment is dependent upon physical level, something that is causing complications in our endeavor to improve the battle system.

In the recent battle poll (thanks to all who participated), we learned that a considerable number of players would be willing to forgo physical levels, but wanted to retain the ability to customize characters through attribute allotment. Armed with this knowledge, we proceeded to formulate the optimal solution.

The decision: attribute point allotment will no longer accompany gains in physical level, and will instead occur when characters rise in class rank. Although the amount in frequency of points awarded will be lower than previously, players will find that each point will have a more profound effect.

Algorithms

In light of changes planned for the Armoury System, the need to revise algorithms has arisen. At the same time, we will also carry out the changes below in order to streamline areas made overly complicated.

Abolishing the rounding formula based on standard rank values *1
Optimizing the value ranges for the influence of attributes *2

Many in-game elements are known to influence algorithms, and we are working on identifying them all regardless of the extent of their impact.

We believe that the above changes will allow players to more keenly feel and appreciate the myriad benefits offered by magic and equipment, which will lead to a new depth of enjoyment in attributes.

*1 The algorithm whereby values associated with rank are rounded up or down to be as close to the standard as possible.

*2 The system whereby enhancing statuses (whether obtained through attribute allotment, equipment, or magic) are influenced by incremental sets of values.

Armoury System

Classes

Actions will undergo major revisions, along with both the underlying mechanics and conditions.

By major revisions, not only do we mean the tweaking of effects and potency of existing actions - we will work from the ground up to redesign and reassign actions based on clearly identified class roles.

We will also make a number of changes as part of our reexamination of how actions are equipped and the character requirements for doing so. First, actions learned by each class will be set to the action bar by default when playing as that class. Also, we will be making some actions settable on any class, while other "class-defining" actions obtained at higher ranks will be usable only by that class.

Jobs

The job system - that series-defining trademark - will be implemented in FINAL FANTASY XIV (details such as specific jobs TBA). Quests to unlock each job will become available once you have reached a certain rank in the corresponding class.
Rather than being advanced versions of classes, we would like players to think of jobs as specialized playing styles optimized for partying. While playing as a particular job will render you unable to equip certain actions of other classes, you will be compensated with access to exclusive actions, which can be acquired through quests.

In practice, players will find the existing classes effective when playing solo or in certain party setups. Jobs, however, will shine in party situations where specific skill sets are demanded. Now, you didn’t hear this from me, but there are also rumors circulating that quests for obtaining job-exclusive equipment are also in the pipes.
We at the development team are currently hard at work on the job system, and expect to have details to share with you soon.

In Closing

Fighting the Good Fight

Thank you for taking the time to pore over these words. Having read the blueprint, there is bound to be more than a few players who feel that we’ve only recited a handful of things common to all MMORPGs. There may be others still who are saddened - perhaps even piqued - that elements they felt made FINAL FANTASY XIV unique will be going to the cutting block.

I would like to clarify here that the battle team’s overarching objective is to lay a solid foundation upon which to build new elements - elements that will bring out the best in FINAL FANTASY XIV. The marriage of classes and jobs is representative of this endeavor. Whereas the ease of play classes offer will find favor with solo and casual party players, jobs will add a new depth of enjoyment for those wishing to take on high-level, strategy-rich content.

A period of great change is underway, and we ask you to bear with us. FINAL FANTASY XIV is dear to us as it is to our fans, and there is simply nothing we would love more than to see it flourish into everything it can be. And to see this wish become reality, we promise to spare no effort in delivering the ultimate battle experience to players.

On behalf of the team, thank you always for your encouragement and support.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/10879-Battle-Reform-Blueprint?p=138995#post138995

Cmagus

Hmm I like some things and hate others interested in the raids stuff but I won't hold my breathe till I see it in action.What would be nice is if the raids have random enemy spawns and the only thing I also would likek for raids would be instancing so tthe areas aren't swamped with a bajillion players.I like they mentioned about the UI stuff it is a shame its not coming soon so I mean might as well hold off class specific stuff till thats working

Well, if they are going to implement hate meters, they might as well implement DPS meters while they're at it. I don't know anybody who was complaining about it being too hard to tell who has the hate right now, but whatever.

So jobs will be advanced subsets of existing classes, which you complete quests to unlock. This sounds pretty much exactly like FFXI's system of unlocking advanced jobs. I wonder if this means the fabled Arcanist and Musketeer will now be jobs you unlock.

Good luck with the implementation of auto-attack. Sigh.

I still don't understand what the point of continuing to operate the game on live servers is, development pace is necessarily slower when you have to test every tiny change for rollout to live servers and the pace of development is nothing short of glacial. Shut the goddamn game down and develop a lot of changes at once rather than trickling things out over the course of months or years, by the time you're done changing everything nobody will be left who even cares. Squenix seems blissfully unaware that late 2011 is packed with huge MMOG releases which will choke what little life is left out of this game at the current pace of development, they might want to hurry up a little bit just about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom