• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eccocid

Teknoman said:
What server?

Also whoever's character is named Gafgarion, I can give you a pearl now.

I am on Lidbulm name is Goudron, I keep switching LS between Red Dot and Matriarch.
Highest class is PGL 34 right now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Killed the last boss.

w00t. I wish that maintenance didn't happen yesterday, we could have gotten everyone on to do it then :/

And the game kicked us out of the dungeon before we opened the chest because we were too busy taking pics.

Goddammit, SE.

Buttons

Grats Hamster. :D

We got the last boss down to 7% yesterday but then things went wrong. I somehow got into that big circle aoe range and was one-shooted, the other tank healer was low on mp... so suddenly she got killed by one of the eyes and things went downhill from there. @.@

Jinko

Toth said:
Hmmm I am doing something wrong then? I am barely making 2-3k SP from doing lvl 20 levee as a 22 THM and that's with 3-4 stars and GF...

It feels that this update really lowered SP gain.

That's because you are level 22, SP isn't going to be linear.

I can't remember if I mentioned but 5-6k was at rank 48, 8 leves gets me almost half a rank which i think is pretty good IMO.

The fact that you can do any leve now and not have to fail the same "good" ones is a massive improvement as well.

And the game kicked us out of the dungeon before we opened the chest because we were too busy taking pics.

Wow that sucks balls.

Buttons

They did change leves, they are not supposed to be the sole source of SP now. They want people to team up and grind on normal mobs.

Mob spawns have been adjusted, the beastman camps in particular are good SP for a small party of like 4 people.
People just refuse to team up and try it and just complain that they can't level. It's driving me nuts seeing people on my server keep asking how they should level... @.@

Coldsnap

Rentahamster said:
Killed the last boss.

w00t. I wish that maintenance didn't happen yesterday, we could have gotten everyone on to do it then :/

Goddammit, SE.

Yay!

I was in that party but I was a tired lalafell and had to leave.

Teknoman

Has Giftforce(horse...why'd he make a new account?) even tried the game after the new patch? I can understand someone still have complaints, but at least try things out before you post a giant thread complaining about it.

Allard

Riposte said:
Any idea when 1.19 is coming?

I'm guessing late August, Early September. Originally it sounded like they wanted to get everyone up to patch 1.20 done before the end of Summer (End of September) but patch 1.18 got delayed so often that the timeline probably got changed quite a bit.

Teknoman

Congrats Renta & crew, and as far as 1.19 goes, as long as there is a ton of stuff like 1.18, i'm good. There will be a 1.18a as well, so lets see what arrives with that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Coldsnap said:
Yay!

I was in that party but I was a tired lalafell and had to leave.
Yeah we did really well when you were in the party, too. We just too too long because of having to explain the strategies to all the new people.

The first run after you left was when we beat the boss, lol.

desa

Your party has a disturbing lack of Lalas Renta. Congrats though. Trying to rank up to 45 so I can do them. 20 more levesls!

I'm having fun with this patch. Been about six months since I've logged in and everything feels responsive and smoother. I still don't like the leve time limit. I like to see it down to like six hours. Or maybe even put the time limit on ones you only completed so you don't have to choose the same six. Crafting is still boring but the interface and responsiveness is vastly improved. I like that you can select recipes. I want them to make the animation shorter or speed it up. It's a time sink for those that want to level multiple crafting professions. You know what, just have an option to turn off crafting animation.

Battle system, I have mixed feelings. Auto attack frees up my hands and eyes to concentrate on the other things like strategy, chat, etc. but I also can't help but feel some jobs are less active. Guess the job adjustments and fixes will help with that. Traveling still sucks ass because this game is too god damn huge. I only played a few days and my anima usage is already under 40 percent. Why? Because there's actual content and I'm busy moving from place to place to do shit. I don't want to have huge time sinks getting from point A to B.

I see lots of quests around the cities and more popping up as I increase in levels. The raids are fun. Reminds me of assault/limbus in FFXI. The FFXIV community is awesome. I see that carried over from FFXI. Lots of friendly and helpful people on my server (Rabanastre). I have high hopes now. Keep up with these patches every month and they'll get my money.

Congrats on killing Batraal Renta! ^^

I have yet to kill the ogre, because although we know the strategy, somehow always something goes wrong and we fail ;_;
But it's OK, it's just a matter of time. Wanna kill Batraal someday too, hahaha

Too bad for getting kicked before opening the chest lol. I think the timer should be at 5 minutes, not 3.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Thanks ^^

Maki just noticed something too - of all the people posting vids, they're all using Vent or Teamspeak. Is that what most people do? I imagine it must make things a lot easier.

We did all our shit in text chat only, hahaha. Boomshakalaka!

Teknoman

Rentahamster said:
Thanks ^^

Maki just noticed something too - of all the people posting vids, they're all using Vent or Teamspeak. Is that what most people do? I imagine it must make things a lot easier.

We did all our shit in text chat only, hahaha. Boomshakalaka!

Vent/Teamspeak is helpful, but it sucks for videos since you cant hear whats going on in game.

Teknoman

pPm2g.jpg

6hgUt.jpg

tgJnE.jpg

VpSez.jpg

D2HeX.jpg

97U1W.jpg

ZiZ

what's up with the imperials?

there was this NPC in Ul'dah saying something about Garlean solders north of camp horizon.

so I went there but couldn't find any

Ravidrath

ZiZ said:
what's up with the imperials?

there was this NPC in Ul'dah saying something about Garlean solders north of camp horizon.

so I went there but couldn't find any

Seems to be the start of the coming cataclysm they've been alluding to for a while.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Unknown Soldier said:
Wow, it didn't take long for you guys to beat that dungeon. I guess that means you're all done with new content for another 3 months. :3
well, we haven't even tried the rank 25 dungeon yet lol

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Unknown Soldier said:
Wow, it didn't take long for you guys to beat that dungeon. I guess that means you're all done with new content for another 3 months. :3

You should play Tera and stop posting in this thread. ATM i see you as the gifthorse of GAF.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gromph said:
You should play Tera and stop posting in this thread. ATM i see you as the gifthorse of GAF.
Naw, Unknown rolled with us for a long time and knows what up. He criticizes because he cares. <3

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Unknown Soldier said:
I was actually playing the game, unlike you. ATM I see you as the deluded white knight of GAF.

Hey, what game? Tera? Yes i dont play it. FFXIV? Every day http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/top?cicuid=2683381

Or you can see my daily progress when i remember to update here: http://xivpads.com/?2683381

:) Bad white knight dot have silence, but wait there is an ignore button. :p

Rentahamster said:
Come on now gentlemen keep it classy, we're all one big happy family here ^^

That is why i put smiles :)

zychi

Banned
my google fu is failing me. has this been released on ps3 yet? is it still free to play on pc? or did they finally fix the bugs and now are charging?

e: no to ps3. amazon hasnt updated release date either.

Thoraxes

zychi said:
my google fu is failing me. has this been released on ps3 yet? is it still free to play on pc? or did they finally fix the bugs and now are charging?

e: no to ps3. amazon hasnt updated release date either.
1. No. They are working on it still alongside the current PC version and it will probably see a release once they start charging.
2. Yes.
3. Fixing yes (and have already fixed a lot, with still a ton to go according to the official list), charging no.

desa

lol waiting for the jesus patch. Well, at least he won't have the initial taste of disgust like we all did. Have fun doods.

zychi

Banned
bought it at release last sept, never even opened it. between school, work, console games, watching my sports teams, and just life in general, i never opened it. its been sitting in a cabinet getting dust. randomly read some of this thread and figured i'd give it a go before the big fall release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom