• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

I can't wait to try my lala thong out.. rawrrr!

I get the feeling its guna be a all in one stripy number though, probably best !

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, tell me a little bit about this game and its current state. I really, really like the design, but I don't want to jump in on a game I might not like at all.

I like the open world kind of MMO, sandboxy, but a few neat quests here and there for fun, epic storys won't hurt either.
So far the MMOs I played and liked are LotRO, Mortal Online (kinda), Eve (except it was soooo boring in space), Darkfall (again, kinda), Fallen Earth quite a lot, Mabinogi, and maybe Warhammer Online and a few others. I did not at all like WoW, Rift, Guild Wars.

Rawk Hawk

Bufbaf said:
Guys, tell me a little bit about this game and its current state. I really, really like the design, but I don't want to jump in on a game I might not like at all.

I like the open world kind of MMO, sandboxy, but a few neat quests here and there for fun, epic storys won't hurt either.
So far the MMOs I played and liked are LotRO, Mortal Online (kinda), Eve (except it was soooo boring in space), Darkfall (again, kinda), Fallen Earth quite a lot, Mabinogi, and maybe Warhammer Online and a few others. I did not at all like WoW, Rift, Guild Wars.

I would say this is more along the WoW, Rift, Guild Wars line of MMOs. Lots of grinding, not much story.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Rawk Hawk said:
I would say this is more along the WoW, Rift, Guild Wars line of MMOs. Lots of grinding, not much story.
Bummer :( Thanks for clearing this up, though!

Jinko

Rawk Hawk said:

Duno about that, there is a pretty solid storyline in FF14 it just takes a while to follow it through due to the level grind.

That being said its much easier to level up a class now and the addition of companies will be expanded upon over the next few patches making piecing together more about the Garlean threat.

I need to run both dungeons soon as well so if anyone's up for that let me know.

jiggle

anywhere with the client up for d/l yet?
i went from 36% to 39% in 30 minutes ............

edit: wow, canceling and resuming actually works great :eek:

hgplayer1

Well I decided to patch up and get back on tonight. Did the Winds of Change quest in Limsa and dropped both the old linkshells.

I dont think Ill bother to pick up the linkshell all of you are on now until I feel like Im gonna commit some time to this game on a regular basis. Just gonna solo from time to time.

I will be around though if anyone needs help with anything so feel free to add me to your friends list. Character is Hgplayer Ichi.

jiggle

lol
/pose for Hyur Highlander is hilarious

2wdwvi0.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That GM Commander (?) armor design actually made me want to play XIV again. It looks great.

bardia

Anyone have tips/guides for places to grind? I've done my leves and some quests and I'd like to grind a bit solo, but I have no idea where to go or what to fight.

suzu

I'll probably be picking this up soon with a friend.

That GM helmet reminds me of FFXII's judges (same art guy, so not surprising). Maybe he is a senior GM (Legatus=General?), and the other two are regular ones. lol.

Teknoman

suzu said:
I'll probably be picking this up soon with a friend.

That GM helmet reminds me of FFXII's judges (same art guy, so not surprising). Maybe he is a senior GM (Legatus=General?), and the other two are regular ones. lol.

Those outfits are from the main enemy force in XIV (so far) so...the GMs seem like they're playing as enemy characters. Last time something like this happened, it was a GM playing as a story character giving prophecies of doom.

jiggle

Munba said:
Another garlean event.. with a 'GM' commander? °_°

wow that looks cool

they were about to attack on our server just now
npc sent us to wait in horizon for close to 2 hours
nothing happened
then the npc changed his message to "we won"
wtf SE!

Kaper

Teknoman said:
Last time something like this happened, it was a GM playing as a story character giving prophecies of doom.

I saw this GM, it was pretty neat, and he gave me sick buffs. Sounds like more reason to log in more often now.

Cmagus

man they have completely destroyed the Archer class in this game now.The cool down times on everything is ridiculous. Multishot is fine I agree it was overpowered but the rest of everything is like 15+ seconds and arrows are 3 sec cool down per shot like anything that can do decent damage to you destroys you before you can fire off like 2-3 normal shots. Trying to solo at a higher level is lame as hell it also doesn't help archers are weak as hell.Almost at 50 with mine then I am retiring it what a shit class now.Also I like alot of the changes but this game has gotten so slow now combat crawls along and isn't enjoyable and auto attack is crap they need to lose that crap.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Cmagus said:
man they have completely destroyed the Archer class in this game now.The cool down times on everything is ridiculous. Multishot is fine I agree it was overpowered but the rest of everything is like 15+ seconds and arrows are 3 sec cool down per shot like anything that can do decent damage to you destroys you before you can fire off like 2-3 normal shots. Trying to solo at a higher level is lame as hell it also doesn't help archers are weak as hell.Almost at 50 with mine then I am retiring it what a shit class now.Also I like alot of the changes but this game has gotten so slow now combat crawls along and isn't enjoyable and auto attack is crap they need to lose that crap.
Really? I thought that archer is even stronger now, I was playing today and now that there's no stamina cost I can use my skills all day long. I was in a party and murdering dlvl 10 mobs pretty quick.

I was also soloing after the party broke up and it went fairly well. This is what I did:

Multishot, raging strike, ferocity 2, blindside during multishot cooldown, multishot, then invigorate, light shot on the mob, shrieker, heavy shot, light shot, shadowbind 2, multishot, run away out of range, then nock more multishot or finish the mob off with quick nock.

It worked pretty well.

@ravidrath hell yeah man! :D

Kaper

I also think archer is in a really good place right now. What's rigged is close shot doesn't consume multishot charges so I use close shot early on so I don't pull aggro then insta kill it from half hp with a x3 raging strike multi.

Teknoman

jiggle said:
wow that looks cool

they were about to attack on our server just now
npc sent us to wait in horizon for close to 2 hours
nothing happened
then the npc changed his message to "we won"
wtf SE!

Gotta walk around, they dont just assault the camp. Usually to the north of the camp unless things have changed.

Teknoman

Introducing the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Forums Full Version

We are announcing that after the periodic maintenance scheduled to take place on August 17th, the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums will make a transition from a beta version to a full version. Along with this transition, an additional requirement will be added to the login of the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums.

After the maintenance, following requirements must be fulfilled to log in to the forums.
Possess Square Enix account with an active service account on FINAL FANTASY XIV
Have logged in to FINAL FANTASY XIV in the last 30 days (additional requirement)
Please be aware that if above requirements are not fulfilled, you are not eligible to log in to the forums to post comment or access other forum features.

Cmagus

Rentahamster said:
Really? I thought that archer is even stronger now, I was playing today and now that there's no stamina cost I can use my skills all day long. I was in a party and murdering dlvl 10 mobs pretty quick.

I was also soloing after the party broke up and it went fairly well. This is what I did:

Multishot, raging strike, ferocity 2, blindside during multishot cooldown, multishot, then invigorate, light shot on the mob, shrieker, heavy shot, light shot, shadowbind 2, multishot, run away out of range, then nock more multishot or finish the mob off with quick nock.

It worked pretty well.

@ravidrath hell yeah man! :D

Well i have to disagree with you on this one lol although your method is close to mine.Maybe I just suck ass at archer I don't know but I absolutely hate the class.Gonna finish up to 50 and then either finish up my THM or PUG.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Cmagus said:
Well i have to disagree with you on this one lol although your method is close to mine.Maybe I just suck ass at archer I don't know but I absolutely hate the class.Gonna finish up to 50 and then either finish up my THM or PUG.
You can also effectively use close shot and heavy shot since they don't use up nocked arrows.

Like, do close shot and heavy shot while you are waiting to fully nock your arrows. Also, if you need that extra bit of damage at the end, and you have nothing left to shoot, you can do a quick multishot > light shot. Only 2 arrows, but it's an instant double attack.

Basically, you have to abuse the fact that there's no more stamina. Just multishot all the time when the cooldown is up. Before, you had to do multi > multi, then do all your other skills, but now you have to space out the multishots, but have free reign to do all your other skills a lot due to no stamina.

Cmagus

Yeah Renta I'll figure it out eventually.Guess its gonna take some getting use to.

Nice boat picture to share while im on the boat waiting lol
20942449.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom